Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43428 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 30, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Like I have stated repeatedly and your irrelevant post proves you cowardly and bad mannered fools are simply good for attempting to offend others but afraid to put your own ideas forward for scrutiny.
You've been crying on this thread ever since it hit front page. You've accused everyone else of having ulterior motives. Now, you realize your ideas are as faulty as the faith on which they're based, you pretend to be interested in having a 'serious' discussion. Sorry, you're one really boring Christian.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?
Thats not sacrificing thats lending or borrowing
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

What an illerate! We were not discussing delusion and if you cannot beg enough funds to buy a dictionary I dont care!

:-)

Now you clearly have no interest in this thread other than insulting your betters. So when do we actually hear something positive related to the thread?

Go ask your teacher how to reply perhaps.

Now we know you hate Christianity and Christians and believe in some primitive ideas that you are too ashamed to expound.

So lets all hear you ideas of what a GOD(s) should be? Then we will attack you perhaps.

I doubt you will respond with those ideas. People like you love to attack others and be as offensive as you can but are much too cowardly to try to defend your own fantasy. So how about it?

HAVE YOU BALLS TO STATE YOUR OWN GODS THAT YOU BELIEVE IN?

This will at least be hilarious for today!

E pain am ohhh..... Hahahahaha

You asked what differentiates paganism from religion "?

My answer was "delusion "...

But since you're a senile toddler drunk on mead. I will explain...

The so called Pagans have a history, culture, heritage and traditional practice. They preserve their identities and the legacies left behind by those before them. While adhering to the balance of nature... That's a fact.

While religion ignores your true identity and gives you a new one in the name of delusion. Tell me, how can an Irish man claim to be a descendant of Abraham. Delusion).. How can an Irish convert to Islam claim he is now a sunni "delusion ".. So you see my senile toddler in an old man's body. This is not about which god you believe in, it's about distorting of reality to promote a delusion.

Now if you must know.I don't believe in God. I KNOW GOD. God is my heritage, my identity, my immediate and extended family. These are the people that have performed great miracles in my life. And I don't have to worship or pray to them. I honor them while they're are alive and the ones that have passed. I preserve their legacies.

That's why religion promotes absurdities. And delusion is the key to manifest such madness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by olamkas: 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Jesus death has nothing much to do with the sin of man. It is his resurrection that is the key to man's redemption.

Everyman is dead is Adam.

Jesus died not as a seed of Adam, but as a seed of God.

Resurrecting, he resurrected with as many who were dead in Adam who believe in him.

Jesus death is so important because if he didn't die, he wouldn't have chance to resurrect and resurrect the dead man.
Fallacy
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by olamkas: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Jamesrock:
by his virtue of being d second person in d trinity....JESUS is also GOD
If you refer Jesus as second God and not God in flesh,then your (christian generally) ideology is dodgy and contradictory. You claim to believe ib One God and still refer Jesus as second god and another holy spirit the third god. Pluralisation of God in play.
You don't have monotheism which Jesus himself preached.
Think well before it's too late you christians.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jamesrock(m): 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
olamkas:

If you refer Jesus as second God and not God in flesh,then your (christian generally) ideology is dodgy and contradictory. You claim to believe ib One God and still refer Jesus as second god and another holy spirit the third god. Pluralisation of God in play.
You don't have monotheism which Jesus himself preached.
Think well before it's too late you christians.
There are mysteries dat we human being can and will never understand.... The holy trinity is one of d greatest mystery. .even scholars like st Augustine tried to undastand BT its beyond mans understanding...... Remember dat u can never be wise like GOD...COS THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD IS WISER THAN THE WISDOM OF MEN
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
macof:

can you be so sure this thing your pastor told you is reality and not fairytale?

can a man live 2000years ago and still be alive? can a man dead for about 2000yrs come back in a '2nd coming"?
If yes pls give me a sufficiently logical explanation
The great power of God
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Theophinio(m): 9:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
TrueBorn:

Here's your answer. Pls be kind enough to read through it. Thanks.

That Jesus gave up His life that you might be saved. That’s a sacrifice.
Jesus said in John 10:18, “No one can take my life from Me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."

He had the power to take it up or lay it down but rather He chose to give it up for our sake so that through His death, we may have life and deliverance from sin/ fallen nature. That’s a sacrifice.

We can’t even begin to quantify His agony, the agony that made His sweat become like drops of blood as He prayed fervently in the garden of Gethsemane.

He was in anguish because He was completely man but He had to do it because He loves you. That’s a sacrifice.

Despite the fact that He knew the horrors of what He was going to face, He still said, “Yet Father not My will but Your will be done.” That’s a sacrifice.
They rejected Him. He took it.

They mocked Him. He took it.

They slapped Him. He took it.

They yelled at Him. He took it.

They insulted him, beat him, pushed Him around, flogged Him with a lead tipped whip, yet He did not say a word in defense of Himself.

They drove a crown of thorns into His weary head and subjected Him to a gruesome and shameful death. Still He bore it, all for you. That is SACRIFICE.

You were on His mind as He walked down that long and dreary road to Calvary. Jesus put you first. That is Sacrifice.

It was important He rose from death. For His resurrection symbolizes total victory over death. This is the foundation of Christianity. This is what makes us who we are.

If Jesus did not rise from death our faith is futile. What’s the use believing in a dead God? But for the fact He rose, we live without the fear of death because we know we have hope. We will rise again just as Jesus did.

A spiritually myopic person cannot understand this. To him it is plain foolishness but God has used the foolish things of the world to shame the wise (1 Cor 1:27)

So when you sit down to curse out the Lord who gave His life that you might be saved by just believing in Him, please remember that ‘Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.’ (John 15:13) It means that Jesus loves you with an unquantifiable love even when you despise Him.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. He is the ultimate sacrifice!
Happy resurrection. Enjoy your holiday.

See d link===> nairaland.com/3009595/re-how-jesus-death-sacrifice
GOD BLESS YOUR SPIRIT
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 9:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
karkel:
The great power of God

lol. so the great power of God is ur answer to everything?

Bola: how does this apple fall from a tree?

dumb Christian: the great power of God

rational thinker: *after studying* Gravity

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by chikaor(f): 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
Atlantian:
Heaven and hell are creations of the mind, your mind. It is not a geographical location, but simple a place in the mind, a state of mind. I am presently living in heaven, yes and this is what exists, we do not necessarily need another heaven, what for ?
some people still need to be saved
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
macof:

lol. so the great power of God is ur answer to everything?

Bola: how does this apple fall from a tree?

dumb Christian: the great power of God

rational thinker: *after studying* Gravity
u r rite cos on d last day there will be an increase in knowledge but God shall be bring dia wisdom to null, ma broda watch before u skip
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
karkel:
u r rite cos on d last day there will be an increase in knowledge but God shall be bring dia wisdom to null, ma broda watch before u skip
knowledge is infinite so if u say in the last day it means they aint no last day
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Atlantian: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
chikaor:

some people still need to be saved
Saved from what ? When there is no devil except the one we create in our minds. I do not create a devil, so it doesnt exist, especially where ever I am, except I am the devil.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:32am On Mar 31, 2016
GooseBaba:

E pain am ohhh..... Hahahahaha

You asked what differentiates paganism from religion "?

My answer was "delusion "...

But since you're a senile toddler drunk on mead. I will explain...

The so called Pagans have a history, culture, heritage and traditional practice. They preserve their identities and the legacies left behind by those before them. While adhering to the balance of nature... That's a fact.

While religion ignores your true identity and gives you a new one in the name of delusion. Tell me, how can an Irish man claim to be a descendant of Abraham. Delusion).. How can an Irish convert to Islam claim he is now a sunni "delusion ".. So you see my senile toddler in an old man's body. This is not about which god you believe in, it's about distorting of reality to promote a delusion.

Now if you must know.I don't believe in God. I KNOW GOD. God is my heritage, my identity, my immediate and extended family. These are the people that have performed great miracles in my life. And I don't have to worship or pray to them. I honor them while they're are alive and the ones that have passed. I preserve their legacies.

That's why religion promotes absurdities. And delusion is the key to manifest such madness.

So God is the people around you and your history. I wonder how they all made the Universe?

This is even crazier than paganism with animism and spirits etc! No wonder people sre praying so hard for you!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:34am On Mar 31, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

You've been crying on this thread ever since it hit front page. You've accused everyone else of having ulterior motives. Now, you realize your ideas are as faulty as the faith on which they're based, you pretend to be interested in having a 'serious' discussion. Sorry, you're one really boring Christian.

I only realise that you are a total idiot interested only in attacking others ideas but too afraid to let anyone know yours (if indeed you have any)! Now THAT is boring!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by am0sn0nyu: 1:44am On Mar 31, 2016
Hi all,

Incase you don't know.....I'm also the infamous GhostofSparta here on NL, amosnonyu is my alter ego. Secondly, may the God of the Yoruba people Eledumare (not Jehovah), that of the Urhobo 'Oghene' (not Zeus), that of the Bini/Benin 'Osanobua' (not Odin), that of the Igbos 'Chineke/Chukwu' (not Yahweh), that of the Calabar 'Abasi' (not Buddha) and that of the genuine surviving Hausas 'Ubangiji' (not Allah) which is one and the same GOD of Africa bless the mod who place this thread on front-page through its emanations in the forces of nature.

Just a simple question . . . why should the death of Yeshua the Christos be considered a sacrifice when he is also claimed to have rose up on the third day and instead of intelligent response (as if there is any) all these fake Christians converts took offense and went gaga by responding with an unceasing barrages of insults and slurs. Can’t you see that the claim of Yeshua dying on the plains of Golgotha to absolve the sins of all humans from the Eskimos to the Mongolians is in utterly contravenes the creed these same humans are also going to be judged on judgment day based on their transgressions and wrongdoing (sins). Can’t you African Christian and Muslims converts wake up and see how spurious these Abrahamic religions are to us. How has it helped us positively in Nigeria wherein the largest church capacity in the world is situated ? Why hasn't Jesus of the Bible and Mohammed of the Quran done something about the cruel and evil people governing Nigeriia since independence who continue to prefer the using of the Bible and Quran under the guise of being a Christian and Muslim to swear their oath rather taking that same oath under the contactivated presence of our deities who are swift to act once the oath-takers begins to embezzle, missapropriate funds, launder money and other forms of corrupt practices our government is notorious for regardless of who is leading ruling the expired British neo-colonial experiment called Nigeria, a name inspired by Flora Shaw - the lady-lover of a sociopath and a real bastarrd in the bastard sense known as Frederick Lugard. And here you are happy to consider yourself a Nigerian. Nigerian mean any west-African negro who is incapable of rational reasoning.
@KoloOyinbo
You probably asked some Nigerians what do they call ‘crazy’ in Nigeria parlance because ‘crazy’ sounds cool in the western world, such as “crazy genius” and “crazy 80s” and they told you “kolo” hence your ‘KoloOyinbo’, guess what. . . .Kolo means ‘insane’ in the Nigerian colloquialism. Indeed you’re Kolo for engaging GooseBaba, you are here assisting these brainwashed Nigerian converts to continue soak themselves in a Bronze-age Semitic mythology while your Gaelic tribe of the Irish nation are still very much in touch with your Celtic paganism, culture, customs and traditions, same with the Brits and Germans with their Anglo-Saxon cultural identity, origin and believe system. You’ve got no point with all you’ve being arguing on FAITH, have you ever heard of this statement “It that can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissible without evidence” ?

@All you Christian converts on NL who infested these thread with non-intelligent replies, can't you offer a logical response to the illogical drivels in the Bible without referring or citing more babbles from the Bible ? One Christian convert said up there that until I experience something out of the ordinary then I will believe in God, excuse me I believe in Eledumare and not Yahweh/Jehovah nor Allah for I am not a Jew nor Arab, btw I don't hate semites despite calling me a gentile (whatever makes their jism shoot) it's my people for their incapability to reason deep I abhor not even the Europeans (Greek and Roman) who concocted the hodgepodge called Christianity and later Islam (yeah the Roman invented Islam to placate the Arabs before 'pbuh' spun out of their control to become the monstrosity it is today). Back to the matter, let us come to think of it,
what makes you Nigerian Christian and Muslim converts different from the slave-butler simply known as Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson) whom the wealthy slave-owner Calvin J.
Candie (Leonardo Di Caprio) referred to in the movie 'Django Unchained' (2012) when he was phrenologically comparing the cranium of a negro and a caucasian. I disargree with him fervently but you guys are the types who make those kind of people seem correct. What business have you all got with the god of the Jews / Israelites ‘Yahweh’ aka Jehovah? What business have you muslim converts got with the god of the arabs ‘Allah’ ? Go read your African history properly and deep and see how these two semitic races destroyed Africa from the Jewish sponsoring and fundong of trans-Atlantic slave trade, the inhuman suffering met on millions of negroes by Arabs during sub-saharan slavery and yet the Europeans missionaries, colonials and Arab jihadist brought these artificial and doctored religions to us. Think, negro think.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:54am On Mar 31, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
Hi all,

Incase you don't know.....I'm also the infamous GhostofSparta here on NL, amosnonyu is my alter ego. Secondly, may the God of the Yoruba people Eledumare (not Jehovah), that of the Urhobo 'Oghene' (not Zeus), that of the Bini/Benin 'Osanobua' (not Odin), that of the Igbos 'Chineke/Chukwu' (not Yahweh), that of the Calabar 'Abasi' (not Buddha) and that of the genuine surviving Hausas 'Ubangiji' (not Allah) which is one and the same GOD of Africa bless the mod who place this thread on front-page through its emanations in the forces of nature.

Just a simple question . . . why should the death of Yeshua the Christos be considered a sacrifice when he is also claimed to have rose up on the third day and instead of intelligent response (as if there is any) all these fake Christians converts took offense and went gaga by responding with an unceasing barrages of insults and slurs. Can’t you see that the claim of Yeshua dying on the plains of Golgotha to absolve the sins of all humans from the Eskimos to the Mongolians is in utterly contravenes the creed these same humans are also going to be judged on judgment day based on their transgressions and wrongdoing (sins). Can’t you African Christian and Muslims converts wake up and see how spurious these Abrahamic religions are to us. How has it helped us positively in Nigeria wherein the largest church capacity in the world is situated ? Why hasn't Jesus of the Bible and Mohammed of the Quran done something about the cruel and evil people governing Nigeriia since independence who continue to prefer the using of the Bible and Quran under the guise of being a Christian and Muslim to swear their oath rather taking that same oath under the contactivated presence of our deities who are swift to act once the oath-takers begins to embezzle, missapropriate funds, launder money and other forms of corrupt practices our government is notorious for regardless of who is leading ruling the expired British neo-colonial experiment called Nigeria, a name inspired by Flora Shaw - the lady-lover of a sociopath and a real bastarrd in the bastard sense known as Frederick Lugard. And here you are happy to consider yourself a Nigerian. Nigerian mean any west-African negro who is incapable of rational reasoning.
@KoloOyinbo
You probably asked some Nigerians what do they call ‘crazy’ in Nigeria parlance because ‘crazy’ sounds cool in the western world, such as “crazy genius” and “crazy 80s” and they told you “kolo” hence your ‘KoloOyinbo’, guess what. . . .Kolo means ‘insane’ in the Nigerian colloquialism. Indeed you’re Kolo for engaging GooseBaba, you are here assisting these brainwashed Nigerian converts to continue soak themselves in a Bronze-age Semitic mythology while your Gaelic tribe of the Irish nation are still very much in touch with your Celtic paganism, culture, customs and traditions, same with the Brits and Germans with their Anglo-Saxon cultural identity, origin and believe system. You’ve got no point with all you’ve being arguing on FAITH, have you ever heard of this statement “It that can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissible without evidence” ?

@All you Christian converts on NL who infested these thread with non-intelligent remark.
What makes you all different than (Samuel L. Jackson) the slave-butler whom (Leonardo Di Caprio) was referring to in Django (2012) when he was stating phrenologically comparing the skull of a negro and a caucasian. I disargree with him fervently but you guys are the types who make those kind of people seem correct. What business have you all got with the god of the Jews / Israelites ‘Yahweh’ aka Jehovah? What business have you muslim converts got with the god of the arabs ‘Allah’ ? Go read your African history properly and deep and see how these two semitic races destroyed Africa from the Jewish sponsoring and fundong of trans-Atlantic slave trade, the inhuman suffering met on millions of negroes by Arabs during sub-saharan slavery and yet the Europeans missionaries, colonials and Arab jihadist brought these artificial and doctored religions to us. Think, negro think.

I am aware of the nuances and meaning of 'kolo'. It is part of out humour to embrase these things. An extremely large guy will be nicknamed 'wee jimmy' for instance.

The question of the thread has been answered over and over. Christians of all races accept and understand while non Christians dont.

Your quote on faith is correct. You can accept or reject. That is Faith. It beyond evidence or lack thereof.

You say 'think negro' (by the way are you the guy promoting so called yoruba advanced science? Lol ) but civilized people say 'think human'!

Why do you term yourself infamous? Perhaps a legend in your own lunchtime may be more appropriate?

And as for blaming all the problems of Nigeria on God or the Abrahamic religions it might be better to blame the politicians. I think it was Nigerians who elected them because I heard did not get his voters id card in time.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by TrueBorn: 3:22am On Mar 31, 2016
Theophinio:

GOD BLESS YOUR SPIRIT
Amen. Thanx
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 4:17am On Mar 31, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

So God is the people around you and your history. I wonder how they all made the Universe?

This is even crazier than paganism with animism and spirits etc! No wonder people sre praying so hard for you!

Took you long enough.. Hope you've had your meds.

Now the rag who sees himself as an intelligent cretin switches to "how they all made the Universe ". You need to switch from mead to milk You are still a toddler. Let me school you a little bit. The Urhobo"s have a creator God "Oghene " deistic in perspective .because you are clearly daft, and have nothing to challenge you result to stupid question.

Mind you i.clearly stated that God is my heritage "..only a cretinous fuuktard would turn around and ask more stupid question.

Now you are getting desperate. Crazier you say... Lmao!! Coming For one who practice cannibalism as a symbol of remembrance for his god. Having a personal relationship with the same corpse he just symbolical ate the flesh and drank it's blood.

You're truly a paddy for life!!!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 4:20am On Mar 31, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

I only realise that you are a total idiot interested only in attacking others ideas but too afraid to let anyone know yours (if indeed you have any)! Now THAT is boring!

Shut up your dirty mouth dia....!! At this point. Even a used tampon has more value than your life.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by am0sn0nyu: 5:05am On Mar 31, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

I am aware of the nuances and meaning of 'kolo'. It is part of out humour to embrase these things. An extremely large guy will be nicknamed 'wee jimmy' for instance.

The question of the thread has been answered over and over. Christians of all races accept and understand while non Christians dont.

Your quote on faith is correct. You can accept or reject. That is Faith. It beyond evidence or lack thereof.

You say 'think negro' (by the way are you the guy promoting so called yoruba advanced science? Lol ) but civilized people say 'think human'!

Why do you term yourself infamous? Perhaps a legend in your own lunchtime may be more appropriate?

And as for blaming all the problems of Nigeria on God or the Abrahamic religions it might be better to blame the politicians. I think it was Nigerians who elected them because I heard did not get his voters id card in time.

I've edit my initial post, so you may edit your re-quote of me.

The question of this thread has no where been answered because it is an unanswerable type, it is like trying hard to answer which came first, the chicken or the egg, the closest to a rational answer is that of CaptainJune and it still doesn't provide an absolute explanation other than further compounding an ill-logical claim that crushes on its own weight, in case he doesn't realize it, the term 'sacrifice' he kept trying to breakdown by associating an unrelated premise in order to illustrate an (incompatible) analogy only amounts to an understanding that Yeshua therefore only absolved the sins of those who sinned for the three days he was clinically dead for, and once he resurrected back to live life among the then living, at that point on, the sins of the sinning sinners resumed counting, otherwise the Biblical creed of a final judgment where the trials of both the living and the resurrected dead will be conducted while Yeshua the crowned Kink of heaven is so self-FLAWED!

And WTH do you mean by Christian of all races ? It is like saying Hindu of all races, or would that make sense ? In case it does to you, then if a race of biped Martian beings who (let say) evolved in a way that they are capable of healing all kinds of organism with injury and defect including homo-sapien and resurrect any killed humans or animals, therefore a member belonging to that Martian race is a Christian once he believes in their credo ? Point is - there is no such thing as a Christian race just as there no such thing as a Aquatic Masurpial nor Oviparous Feline, Christians are strictly meant for those Europeans whose fore-fathers invented it to sustain themselves in various helms of power from the Papacy to the Anglican, even the Jews till tomorrow still stuck to their ineffective Judaism (wherein the Bible was much partly derived) which is nothing but a dud version of an unrefined paganism plagiarized from various neighboring cultures and believe system.

On faith, please don't twist the meaning of meaning. Faith is a one way meaning not applicable as a reverse. Faith simple means the conscious acceptance to believe in things without evidence, not in the reverse of requiring faith to disbelieve. If I ask you - do you think the Chimera or the Big Foot or the Yeti or the Hydra must have existed and you simply said NO simply because their claim of existence lacked proof or a fossilized evidence at least, that makes sense because it appeals to reasoning but it becomes something else once I insist you need faith to understand how they had or could have existed, and if you continue to reject thereof implies you lack faith.

Negroes are human, and I was referring to those negroes who chose not to think like humans. The same thing that was met on Negroes in Africa was also done on the mindset of the Chinese and Japanese (Asians) i.e. were brainwashed to hate their ancestral ways and traditions but they quickly woke up quickly and embrace all that which will reinforce their unique identity among all other human race in the world. But in the case of us negros, it seems it's already late.

I blame Nigeria problem on religion because the government pretends to be a theocratic nation otherwise why do they associate everything with Abrahamic religions, and btw if you're offered only with three evil politicians to choose from in Ireland, who will you cast your vote for in a country where law-breaking lawmakers and the rest of their extravagant allowance consuming cohorts in government are bound to always a field day in a country where the system is intrinsically structured to breed, encourage and promote CORRUPTION ?

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Rossy99(f): 6:49am On Mar 31, 2016
And u saw dt dey didnt ressurrect too[quote author=caphone post=44223782][/quote]
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 6:52am On Mar 31, 2016
Lilbrown007:
knowledge is infinite so if u say in the last day it means they aint no last day
Have u eva watch the news ad thought'can things get any worse! There is so much tragedy cruelty dat pple believe we must be close to the end of the world.although humans can not predict what will happen,God can. He tells us in d bible abt our future ad d earth future Isaiah 46:10;james 4:14. When we rid d bible abt d end of world, it means, not d end of planet earth, but end of wickedness. Jesus taught d ppl dt God's kingdom would rule ova d earth Luke 4:43.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 31, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

You've called me all sort of names ever since I joined this thread. I'd hoped you'd take a hint and try to be civil despite our differences. Unfortunately, it seems you're drunk on that Holy Spirit. Why weep? Aren't these signs your Savior is coming to take you home? Hold fast to your faith bro, and stop defending the 'untestable'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 31, 2016
karkel:
Have u eva watch the news ad thought'can things get any worse! There is so much tragedy cruelty dat pple believe we must be close to the end of the world.although humans can not predict what will happen,God can. He tells us in d bible abt our future ad d earth future Isaiah 46:10;james 4:14. When we rid d bible abt d end of world, it means, not d end of planet earth, but end of wickedness. Jesus taught d ppl dt God's kingdom would rule ova d earth Luke 4:43.
bad things n evil thing have been in existance right from time u remember SODOM??
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:49am On Mar 31, 2016
Jamesrock:
by his virtue of being d second person in d trinity....JESUS is also GOD

How is Jesus the second person in d trinity? Where is it in the Bible? Why do u people believe what is not in the Bible? You need to stop the blaspheny. Matthew 4:10...Jesus says its only Jehovah you must worship... What is wrong with all of you?

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:51am On Mar 31, 2016
macof:

can you be so sure this thing your pastor told you is reality and not fairytale?

can a man live 2000years ago and still be alive? can a man dead for about 2000yrs come back in a '2nd coming"?
If yes pls give me a sufficiently logical explanation

Well, us He a man?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:56am On Mar 31, 2016
Lilbrown007:
Thats not sacrificing thats lending or borrowing

And your brain doesn't tell you that lending can be a form of sacrifice?

"give up (something valued) for the sake of other consideration"
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 9:22am On Mar 31, 2016
Lilbrown007:
bad things n evil thing have been in existance right from time u remember SODOM??
read Rev. 12:7 -12,only God who knows d appointed time to put an end of all wickedness,satan lost d war in heaven bt d battle is still on here on earth. Satan is causing as much trouble as he can on earth. He's furious because he has a short time left bfor God removes him. Let examine what Jesus said would happen on d last days * War. Jesus said: nation will rise against nation ad kingdom against kingdom Matt 24:7 more pple av been killed in wars in our time Dan at any other time history. Millions of ppl had been killed in wars during the 100 yrs btween 1900 ad 2000 as were killed 3000 yrs ago( jst imagin 1900 yrs ago there was no guns,no weapon of mass destruction,no jet bombers pple killed war were little in our days * Jesus said:'' there will be food shortages Matt 24:7. Even though more food is produced now than ever bfor ,many pple av enough to eat.why? because they don't av enough money to buy food or land on which to grow it.more Dan a billion pple av less Dan one dollar a day to live on. * earthquakes. Jesus prophesied:'' there will be great earthquake . Luke 21:11 many powerful earthquake r now xpected evry yr, million of pple had died because of earthquake . And although technology has helped to detect earthquakes earlier Dan bfor, many pple Still die * Disease. Jesus foretold dt there would be pestilence. Dangerous disease would spread quickly ad kill many.luke 21 :11. Even though doctors av learned hw to treat many sicknesses, there r sicknessses dt cannot be cured. * 2Timothy3:1-5, the bible says: in d last days critical times hard to deal wif will be here. The apostle Paul described how many pple would behave during d last days. He said pple would * be selfis*love money*disobey dia parent*not be loya*lack affection for their family*av no sel-control*be violent ad aggressive*love pleasures more than God *pretend to loveGod bt refuse to obey him. Do many pple behave like dis wer u live? All ova d world,many do. But God will soon do something abt it. He promises: when d wicked sprout like weeds ad all d wrong-doers flourish,i is dt they may be annihilated or destroyed 4eva psalm 92:7 *Good news in d last days. D bible foretold dt during d last days,d world would be full of pains ad suffering. But d bible also says dt good tins will happen * Understanding d bible. The prophet Daniel wrote abt d last days. He said:'' the true knowledge will become abundant . Dan 12 :4. God would give his pple d ability to understand d bible more clearly dan Eva bfor . For example ,he has taught us d import of his name ad his purpose for d earth as well as d truth abt d ransom,what happens wen we die,ad d resurrection. We av learned dt oni God's kingdom can solve all our problems * The global preaching work. Speaking abt d last days, Jesus said: this good news of d Kingdom will be preached in all d inhabited earth Matt 24:3,14, rev7:9.luke21:17 What will you do? Do u believe dt we r living in d last days?many bible prophecies abt d last days r comin true. Soon God will decide to stop d preaching work and the end will come matt24 :14. What d end?it is Armageddon,when God will remove all wickedness. God will use Jesus ad his powerful angels to destroy anyone who refuses to obey him ad his son. 2 thessalonians 1:6-9. After that,satan ad his demons will nt mislead pple.ad all dos who want to obey God ad accept his kingdom will see evry promise of God come true.Rev20:1-3, 21:3-5
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by jman500: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2016
1 Corinthians 1:18-24 says, " For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God." And verse 27-30 furher says, " But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him.
it is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption". May you be saved someday in JESUS name. Amen
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by am0sn0nyu: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2016
micodon:

Jesus says its only Jehovah you must worship... What is wrong with all of you?
And how should that be the concern of the Itsekiri, Ijaw, Birom, Cantonese people including yours and mine and the rest who aren't Jews, when Yeshua was explicitly referring to his Jewish people, are you lots daft or what, they even tagged us with a label that's demeaning in their Hebrew language 'Gentiles' and them their lord's chosen (Jehovah's favorite class of human), doesn't that alone conflicts with yet another claim that their Yahweh (Jehovah) is a god who loves all human, fVck it where the hell is Folykaze, please come explain to my unthinking negroes that your breakdown of how sheep/lambs is the totem of Israel and how it was clearly declared Yahweh (Jehovah) is only for the nation of Israel. There is this quite voluminous book titled 'Genesis' A Brief History of Israel written by a reputable Jewish historian/theologian named John Bright. If you read it, you will be amazed at the amount of times where the Jews (Israelite) are uncertain of their origin as regards to their traditional account, there are many statements in that book which can be underscored with words like 'unsure', 'probability', 'uncertainty', 'perhaps' and you lots are readily glad to model your worldview and origin with the Jews and Arabs by identifying with whatever uniquely defines their identity among other unique identity of the human race. What happened to what uniquely defines us negros among other unique races of the world ? Beats me how my people aren't stupefied and begin to change course so we may start restoring and recovering Africa.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 31, 2016
micodon:

And your brain doesn't tell you that lending can be a form of sacrifice?

"give up (something valued) for the sake of other consideration"
why are u trying to twist things to fit ur understanding.?.......
according to my dictionary
1.(transitive) To offer (something) as a gift to a deity.(transitive) To give away (something valuable) to get at least a possibility to gain something else of value (such as self-respect, trust, love, freedom, prosperity), or to avoid an even greater loss.(transitive) To trade (a value of higher worth) for one of lesser worth in order to gain something else valued more such as an ally or business relationship or to avoid an even greater loss; to sell without profit to gain something other than money.(transitive) To intentionally give up (a piece) in order to improve one’s position on the board.(transitive) To advance (a runner on base) by batting the ball so it can be caught or fielded, placing the batter out, but with insufficient time to put the runner out.(dated) To sell at a price less than the cost or actual value.

now does any of the defination up there say anything as lending = sacrifice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

The Most Powerful Spiritualist/herbalist In Nigeria.....+234867395768 / Why Do Christians Ignore These Rules In The Bible? / A Simple Rebuttal To One Very Common Argument Made By Atheists .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.