Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43420 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
karkel:
read Rev. 12:7 -12,only God who knows d appointed time to put an end of all wickedness,satan lost d war in heaven bt d battle is still on here on earth. Satan is causing as much trouble as he can on earth. He's furious because he has a short time left bfor God removes him. Let examine what Jesus said would happen on d last days * War. Jesus said: nation will rise against nation ad kingdom against kingdom Matt 24:7 more pple av been killed in wars in our time Dan at any other time history. Millions of ppl had been killed in wars during the 100 yrs btween 1900 ad 2000 as were killed 3000 yrs ago( jst imagin 1900 yrs ago there was no guns,no weapon of mass destruction,no jet bombers pple killed war were little in our days * Jesus said:'' there will be food shortages Matt 24:7. Even though more food is produced now than ever bfor ,many pple av enough to eat.why? because they don't av enough money to buy food or land on which to grow it.more Dan a billion pple av less Dan one dollar a day to live on. * earthquakes. Jesus prophesied:'' there will be great earthquake . Luke 21:11 many powerful earthquake r now xpected evry yr, million of pple had died because of earthquake . And although technology has helped to detect earthquakes earlier Dan bfor, many pple Still die * Disease. Jesus foretold dt there would be pestilence. Dangerous disease would spread quickly ad kill many.luke 21 :11. Even though doctors av learned hw to treat many sicknesses, there r sicknessses dt cannot be cured. * 2Timothy3:1-5, the bible says: in d last days critical times hard to deal wif will be here. The apostle Paul described how many pple would behave during d last days. He said pple would * be selfis*love money*disobey dia parent*not be loya*lack affection for their family*av no sel-control*be violent ad aggressive*love pleasures more than God *pretend to loveGod bt refuse to obey him. Do many pple behave like dis wer u live? All ova d world,many do. But God will soon do something abt it. He promises: when d wicked sprout like weeds ad all d wrong-doers flourish,i is dt they may be annihilated or destroyed 4eva psalm 92:7 *Good news in d last days. D bible foretold dt during d last days,d world would be full of pains ad suffering. But d bible also says dt good tins will happen * Understanding d bible. The prophet Daniel wrote abt d last days. He said:'' the true knowledge will become abundant . Dan 12 :4. God would give his pple d ability to understand d bible more clearly dan Eva bfor . For example ,he has taught us d import of his name ad his purpose for d earth as well as d truth abt d ransom,what happens wen we die,ad d resurrection. We av learned dt oni God's kingdom can solve all our problems * The global preaching work. Speaking abt d last days, Jesus said: this good news of d Kingdom will be preached in all d inhabited earth Matt 24:3,14, rev7:9.luke21:17 What will you do? Do u believe dt we r living in d last days?many bible prophecies abt d last days r comin true. Soon God will decide to stop d preaching work and the end will come matt24 :14. What d end?it is Armageddon,when God will remove all wickedness. God will use Jesus ad his powerful angels to destroy anyone who refuses to obey him ad his son. 2 thessalonians 1:6-9. After that,satan ad his demons will nt mislead pple.ad all dos who want to obey God ad accept his kingdom will see evry promise of God come true.Rev20:1-3, 21:3-5
what is this one blabing about??

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 6:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
micodon:

Well, us He a man?
lol. ..no Jesus is an alien
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lilbrown007:
what is this one blabing about??
come to d lite
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

The pain and the suffering and the actual. The resurrection was the miracle afterwards.

Christians believe this a sacrifice and always will.

Non Christians may or may not believe but I dont see why they care.

Everyone knows this and by reading the comments here it is clear that some sad people are only trying to draw out Christians to argue and attempt to[b] ridicule[/b] them or theor beliefs. SHAME on them.

Perhaps those who dont believe should state their religous beliefs or otherwise so they can be attacked?

Ridicule?
Sir, asking you questions about what you believe is not ridiculing. You would only feel ridiculous when the beliefs you hold are yeah......ridiculous. But then Rilllaaaakkksssss grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 11:48am On Apr 01, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
And how should that be the concern of the Itsekiri, Ijaw, Birom, Cantonese people including yours and mine and the rest who aren't Jews, when Yeshua was explicitly referring to his Jewish people, are you lots daft or what, they even tagged us with a label that's demeaning in their Hebrew language 'Gentiles' and them their lord's chosen (Jehovah's favorite class of human), doesn't that alone conflicts with yet another claim that their Yahweh (Jehovah) is a god who loves all human, fVck it where the hell is Folykaze, please come explain to my unthinking negroes that your breakdown of how sheep/lambs is the totem of Israel and how it was clearly declared Yahweh (Jehovah) is only for the nation of Israel. There is this quite voluminous book titled 'Genesis' A Brief History of Israel written by a reputable Jewish historian/theologian named John Bright. If you read it, you will be amazed at the amount of times where the Jews (Israelite) are uncertain of their origin as regards to their traditional account, there are many statements in that book which can be underscored with words like 'unsure', 'probability', 'uncertainty', 'perhaps' and you lots are readily glad to model your worldview and origin with the Jews and Arabs by identifying with whatever uniquely defines their identity among other unique identity of the human race. What happened to what uniquely defines us negros among other unique races of the world ? Beats me how my people aren't stupefied and begin to change course so we may start restoring and recovering Africa.

Funny enough, the most developed country in the world have more people who believe in Jehovah than not. Your point is point less.
You quote from an unknown book. I quote from the most widely distributed book in the world which has been there, is here, and will continue to be here. Get smart
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2016
macof:

lol. ..no Jesus is an alien
Senseless
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
micodon:

Senseless

so was your question
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by analice107: 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
musKeeto:

What was he to lose? His life.
What did he gain? His life.
Was he aware death wasn't final? Yes, he was.
What was he? A substitue for the livestock sacrificed under the Old covenant.
Did livestock resurrect, like zombie chickens and cows and pigs? No, they stayed dead.
Jesus didn't stay dead. So what was lost?
Ah sonOfLucifer. You got it all very wrong.
Let's start from Eden.
When God told Adam that if he ate from the tree, he would die, Adam ate from the tree, did he die? Why didn't he drop dead?
Why did he live to discover he was naked? He was suppose to drop dead at that spot, he didn't. Did God then lie to him? No.
Adam didn't know who he was. He didn't know he wasn't just a bag of flesh held together by bones. He was also a spirit, but he didn't know that.
Yes, God comes to visit in the cool of the day, he saw God, he spoke with God, but he never knew which part of him communicated with God, until he couldn't anymore.
Sweetie, God is a spirit. He created man to have a relationship and fellowship with him, and for that to be possible, he put a spirit in a man, so that through the spirit in a man, he can access man.
When he told man, "you would die", man didn't know which part of him would die, because man didn't even know he was in parts. Primarily Spirit, soul, then body. When Adam decided it was time to be God for himself, he disobeyed God. The Sin of Adam was that, he infringed on the "Sovereignty of God". The same sin the New Age believers and atheists are committing today. Trying to be God.
When that happened, Adam died. No, he didn't die in the flesh. That part of him died when he was 930years later. But he died the real death. The death that really matters. The death of the spirit. That death separated him from his creator. The part of which links him with God, was cut off. From then henceforth, what we cry and complain about today, began.

But when God came down, he made pronouncements, why? because he is a God of Justice, and actions carries consequences.
On that very day, a plan of redemption was opened for man.
God promised a seed that will bruise or crush the head of Satan who beguiled man into that sin. But Satan will hunt for man as long as man lived.
Yes, man Fell, and No, God did not abandon man. He continued dealing with man, but not the way it shd ve been. Instead of spirit taking to spirit, it became spirit talking to man.
Now blood has to come into play. Why? The life of every living is in the blood, and blood is a spiritual legal tender used for transactions in the realm of the spirit. For man to access the spiritual and get anything from there, blood is passed as a means of exchange. No wonder, even Satan demands for blood before anything can be released. Anything that has life blood in it. It's either an egg, a cock, a ram, a goat, or human lifeblood.

It became a matter of blood for blood.
Now, sonOfLucifer, here is a mystery that takes only the spiritual minded to understand, I don't expect u to understand it. But I will say it anyways.

"When Man Fell, in Eden, to an extent Satan won the wager he made to God as he rebelled, he said to God, that he will also sit in a congregation in the side of the North and be worshipped as the most high, Isa 14:12".
When Satan boasted that he will be worshipped, it wasn't his fellow angels he had in mind, he knew Angels don't worship themselves, Satan had man in mind, so Man switched sides and became subject to Satan, the day he fell. He becameA captive, "A LAWFUL CAPTIVE TO SATAN, Isa. 49:24.
But God planned to change that. That's when the need for pure blood was required to redeem Man.
What is redemption? It means buying back, with a ransom, what was yours before. That which you lost to someone else.
Man belonged to God, but God lost man to sin, and to Satan. And the wages for sin is death, but God still loved his Man, so he needed and wanted him back. That means he has to buy him back with blood.
But only man has blood, and his blood has been contaminated by sin, so how do we get pure blood to exchange for the life-spirit of man? That's when a spirit will need become flesh to have blood in other to shed it as an exchange for the life-spirit of man.

Your analogy is very okay, only that, it missed a point. You seem to suggest that, the death of Christ meant nothing. No dear, it meant a lot in the spirit realm. Eternity is something serious. If man is not redeemed, Man will have to spend Eternity where his new adopted master will be. HELLFIRE. IT'S NOT A JOKE.
BUT WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE THE DEAD OF JESUS MEANT NOTHING, SINCE JESUS DIED AND RESURECTED? It's like this, NOTHING COULD HOLD HIM DOWN. Satan could not keep Jesus dead. Spiritual death had no power over Jesus, there was no sin in him.
He didn't and couldn't loose anything, because nothing of this world or of the devil was found in him. Remember, what made Man a captive to Satan is sin, but Christ was sinless. Jesus himself said to his followers, when he was preparing them to come to terms with his death, that *the son of petition comes, but he shall find nothing in me*. No Lust, no theft, no lie, no anger, no bitterness, no unforgiveness, nothing.

Satan had nothing to use against Jesus. He had sin to hold against man. He tried to make Jesus sin, so that he could lay his hands on that and keep him, but he failed.
Remember the 'dea' Man died, was in the spirit. So Jesus needed to also go into the spirit realm to release the spirit of man from spiritual dead.

First he needed to become human, in other to have blood to offer as sacrifice, which is a ransomed payment for sin (death);

Then went to hades, and released the spirit of man from the Spiritual grave where Man was buried, and resurrected him.

Jesus ransomed man from Satan, but Satan couldn't hold Jesus back, because there was no sin in him.
Salom. Pls forgive my phone, it does auto-correct and gives me a bad name. Lol
I love you.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
micodon:

Funny enough, the most developed country in the world have more people who believe in Jehovah than not. Your point is point less.
You quote from an unknown book. I quote from the most widely distributed book in the world which has been there, is here, and will continue to be here. Get smart

Asian countries have lesser believer in Jehovah and they are developed.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by olamkas: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=karkel post=44273581][God will use Jesus ad his powerful angels to destroy anyone who refuses to obey him ad his son. 2 thessalonians 1:6-9.quote]
Can you now see that Jesus is not God because God will use Jesus to achieve His wish and not Jesus wish. I advice you christians to stop equating Jesus with God,it's a number 1 sin to commit. Hear oh Isreal,you Lord is One God
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=olamkas post=44335013][/quote]Jesus had never equal himself with his,jesus had a begining.read jhn14:28,1corinthians 15:28
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by am0sn0nyu: 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
micodon:

Funny enough, the most developed country in the world have more people who believe in Jehovah than not.
So you mean the country 'Israel' whose national god 'Yahweh' (Yahweh) is the most developed country in the world. Truly I see how pointless I am to you. And are you an Israeli by birth or a Jew by ethnicity ?

micodon:

Unless your device is defective then you needn't recheck my post to which I gave the title of the book, and are you incapable of responding critically without quoting from that widely most read book fiction in the world ?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Tampinu(m): 12:44am On Sep 21, 2017
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

Christianity is an African affair, Ethiopia is the first kingdom mentioned in the Bible and an Ethiopian was the first Christian baptied after Christ arose. The Ark of Covenant is in Ethiopia....What more evidence do we need to know that we AFRICANS are the true Jews?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX2KbeD2_PE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHatEHJ4nmA&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gDEXmyoC_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NwEKZ_3erM

Enemies Are Confounded
Sizzla
Ah mi say ever livin' life and prosperity
King Rastafari ah we culture and black heritage woy
Ever livin' life and prosperity
Rastafari ah we culture and black heritage
And even for my sons and my daughters
Honor thy mother and thy father
Length of days and we'll prosper
Selassie I is our master, yo
For the enemies are confounded
Rastafari power overthrow them, yo
No lamb to no slaughter
Payin' I to work for your laughter
Who trick the people I say it's the pastor
Babylon, you're a dirty bastard yaw
For the enemies are confounded, yo
Rastafari knowledge overthrow them, yo
What to do where to go, yow
Nuttin' to prove yet I'll show
To those who want to learn, I'll teach those yah
Ethiopia Africa is my birthplace, defender of the faith
I've see them all in there lurking place
For the innocent they wait, put up them trap in place
Hoping to see someone take the bait
Them never have no head space, to see what Selassie I create
Oh oh, Rastafari is so great, so
The enemies are confounded, yo
Rastafari come and overthrow them, oh
King Selassie ah we culture and black heritage woy
Rastafari ah we culture and black heritage
Oh, the enemies are confounded, yo
Rastafari power overthrow them, yo
And even for my sons and my daughters, yeah
Honor thy mother and father
Length of days and we all shall prosper
Rastafari is our master
And I am no lamb to no slaughter
The worth of Rasta is not mocked with no laughter
Who trick the people I say it's the pastor
Babylon, you're a dirty bastard
For the enemies are confounded, yo
And all those wicked ones that crowned them, oh
The enemies are confounded, yeah
Rastafari come and overthrow them, yeah
Rastafari is I culture and black heritage, whoa
Rastafari is I culture and black heritage, yeah
Rastafari is I culture and black heritage, yo
Rastafari is I culture and black heritage, yo
And the enemies are confounded, yo
Rastafari come and overthrow them
And the enemies are confounded, yo
Rastafari come and overthrow them

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Tampinu(m): 12:50am On Sep 21, 2017
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

If a friend is ill and I fast from Midnight until 6pm the next day, and break my fast at 7pm by eating a very nice and pleasant meal, does that mean I did not make any sacrifice by fasting several hours whilst I was fasting?

Your answer will inform how I contribute further...

Peace

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Mar 18, 2023
am0sn0nyu:
Well, Jesus Christ died in order to provide men a path to redemption, yes. And His death, He informed you in John 10 that He volunteered for since He had the power to lay down His life and also to pick it back up again. undecided

His death as a sacrifice is reference to the fact that He is the Passover Lamb whose blood marks all those who are of God's Special Nation of Priests. The path of redemption He offers men is one that allows men pay off their sin(disobedience) debt to God by pursuing continously submission and obedience through Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

The Most Powerful Spiritualist/herbalist In Nigeria.....+234867395768 / Why Do Christians Ignore These Rules In The Bible? / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.