Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? (20063 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 6:28am On Aug 21, 2015
I am presently in my first year in the university studying Philosophy. I came to Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.

But I just met someone who works in a very prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.

That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said I may not even need to touch my salary at all for a year.

But, my school is in the North Central, very far from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already have an OND from a Polytechnic which qualifies me for the job.

This could help me start my dream as I intend going into Agriculture.

What should I do?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by delishpot: 6:34am On Aug 21, 2015
Change school dont quit school.

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by HerexG(m): 6:44am On Aug 21, 2015
I suggest you pick up a part school form asap

It will be so illogical going back school and coming back to the labor market after graduation.

Abeg pick the job jare or what are you going to school for ?

It is called using a stone to kill two birds

wink

49 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by donholy28(m): 6:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Change to evening lectures cause u can never know if lack of certificate will make u lose d job later

30 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by buzquet(m): 6:49am On Aug 21, 2015
just quit ur sch n take d job. later on, enroll for PT program.
even wen u graduate frm ur sch presently, its most likely sure its 70k to 80k job u will still settle 4. be wise

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Osisie(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2015
delishpot:
Change school dont quit school.

Admission isn't easy to get in this country u know. Waited a long time b4 I got this one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by jemype(m): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2015
then u can defer u admission for one year, do thhe job, save and see what it has to offer. one year is enoough to give u knowledge to know whether u want to continue working or not.
Osisie:

Admission isn't easy to get in this country u know. Waited a long time b4 I got this one.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Zaikon(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2015
bro. it a great opportunity dnt abuse it, remember thousand of graduate are praying for that. So be wise coz even after your sch u will still need it. About hard time in securing admission bro forget that it just as easy as eating banana, just forget that sch first.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by delishpot: 7:21am On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:

If so strike a deal with the guy and work part time. Explain your situation. If he agrees try to see how you can cross over. I know its not easy without back bone in our society.
May God favour you.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Dottore: 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Keep asking
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by saintTim(m): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Few months later after he took the job, buhari sacked the head of the firm and replaced with another there was a Shake off and the gentle man was rellived of his work he couldn't get another so he commited sucide hmmmm eyaaa

That is how lala will post ur obituary

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Aristotle96(m): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
. First do u know the guy in question here and how genuine is he? Coz from what u said u met him more like newly... 2nd ahl say since u have an OND cert.. If u really wanna help ur plans quickly den go for it else jess continue with schooling and add that BSC ul get to ur OND that will boost u, tho the job won't wait for u till then but u surely grab another.... Therefore my advice will be that u shld complete what u started which is SCHOOLING...

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
embarassed

I'm here to learn from the comments... embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
meanwhile

1 Share

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Kx: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
Was this not the reason National Open University (NOUN)was set up for?

13 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by jaybee3(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
A degree in philosophy wouldn't enhance your chance of securing a better pay upon graduation

You already have an OND and will almost certainly be pushing above your weight with a 70k job

I'd say bone the philosophy degree for now

16 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by fpeter(f): 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
noooo
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by steffans(m): 2:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmmmm...

Nawa oo..

The topic should be.. "should I change my school because of a new job"?

Why in the world will u want to remain with just an OND certificate because of a 70k job..

Guy, once dey sack u from dis job in the next let's say 5 years.. With ur OND cert. Is that what u will want to start ur job search?

D labour market is so bad.. That even dos with masters from foreign Universities are still looking for jobs.

Advice: since u are just starting..
Look for a school in Lagos probably part-time then continue with ur job.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by millionboi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
No try m
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by dayveed1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
fu*ck school!!!
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by yemi2plus(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Osisie:
I am presently in my first year in the university studying Philosophy. I came to Lagos for a holiday job. Now the holiday is over and I'll soon return to school. Though I'm still working.....I'll quit when it's time to go.

But I just met someone who works in a very prominent firm here in Lagos and he offered to help me get employed in the firm next month.

That's where I got confused. The pay is 70k plus many other side benefits. In fact, he said I may not even need to touch my salary at all for a year.

But, my school is in the North Central, very far from Lagos. I want this job seriously. I already have an OND from a Polytechnic which qualifies me for the job.

What should I do?

No two way about it. You're a KSU student, your GST exam start by Monday, hope you're reading?

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by millionboi(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Stop decivin ppl
niyiola27:
Free 2years Saudi Visa for House maid job, free feeding ,accommodation,medicals and ticket with $300 monthly. Only few slot available 08134999093 , and niyiola27@yahoo.com
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Share (Un-Share)

What should I do?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
Thats very good. Look for a school in the state you work.
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by nltruer: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
Don't ever quit school
You can do both.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by bighead1(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
OOO boy grab that job ASAP
Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by oc2fish: 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Live school, you can enroll in National open University later. If the job is sure.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by admax(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
You are economical with the truth, which firm will pay a 100level undergraduate 70k per month when the Graduates are still roaming about to secure a 50k job? You people should just fear God. Or the person who promised you the job is a scammer.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by xxgig(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
Take the job, get your foot into the organization, get as much connection as you can, study the coy and know which degree will be good for to continue working there. The seek part time admission, but incase you can't get part time for your desired course, the people you have know and the connections you have made will definitely count if you decide to leave for further studies.
EVEN IN MY FINALS NOW, IF I GET A JOB WITH my OND FOR SUCH PAY, I WILL PUT SCHOOL ON PAUSE MODE.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit School And Take This Job Offer? by anigbajumo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
What u need nw is to go for PT program in Laspotech nd quit skul asap.....

If only u wnt consider these factor:

Bt earning 70k monthly in lag na suffer ooo..

Feeding...
Transportation...
Buy designers...
If u b dat street nigga (social finz)

Out of dat 70k? Follow yer mind thou undecided lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt / Just Got A Pay Rise At The Office.. Hallelujah! / Sacked Staff Drag Diamond Bank To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.