Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here (2900 Views)

Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here / Sincere Questions To Frosbel / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by mazaje(m): 1:34am On Mar 28, 2009
davidylan:

Huxley here is the real problem - it is ok for you to simply say "i dont know" (even though your entire claims are based around stuff YOU DONT KNOW!) but imagine we christians simply responded to all your questions with "i dont know"?

the day christians and moslems will start saying that the don't know is when we will stop asking questions, is there anything that christians pretend not to know? you guys always declear your opinions or the opinions of the founders of your religions as fact when they are nothing but opinions and personal experiences. ask a christian how the world began and he will tell you with all seriousness that the genesis story is a fact when it is not? a moslem will tell you as a matter of fact that arabic is the language of allah(how he knows is that is a fact is what i can't understand). how do you guys know these things to be facts? grin grin grin deluded freaks. . . . .
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2009
@  Huxley

Atheism is the lack of a belief in god(s) or the belief that there is no god(s). The former is usually called weak atheism and the latter strong atheism.
Now, you said you do not believe in Ifa and Sango and you further claim that you KNOW Ifa.  How do you come to KNOW Ifa?  Is Ifa a rock, a tree, a doll, an animal?  What really is Ifa?  And why don't you believe in Ifa?
Rubbish. I am not asking u for the layman definition of atheism. any idiot could have said that.

I am asking u to define the subject of ur disbelief within the scope of rationality. I know ifa. And within the limits of human vocabulary he is called the yoruba god of divination. the key word is divination.
I have an appreciative understanding of ifa, as such I can make an intelligent decision of either believing or not. I choose not to belief, in other words, I disbelief. Now any ifa apologist can engage me in an informed debate concerning my disbelief, cos I do know the concepts and principles of ifa.

You ask - who is Jehovah?  What is his ontology?    Well, that is really for you to answer.  I don't know what it is?  I cannot believe in something that I don't know what it is.  You are the one who claims to know Jehovah, so you tell me.  I might as well ask you:
Unlike ur glaring hypocrisy, I have continuously defined Him within the limits of my vocabulary and so also have several christians. Our understanding is the basis of our belief state. What understanding do u have of Jehovah GOD that necessitates ur disbelief?
who is Jehovah God? What is ontology?

Who is Sussicorn and what is his ontology, and do you believe in Sussicorn?
I dont know who or what sussicorn is. Since I have no knowledge, big or small about sussicorn, how do u expect me to make a rational, intelligent and logical decision to either belief or not to belief? I have no appreciative understanding of sussicorn. To say I believe or dont believe would be unintelligently irrational.

Since u dont believe in God. I am assuming that the basis of ur disbelief is rational and intelligent and also an informed one. So again I ask,
Who is Jehovah God? What is HIS ontology?

My view, and the view of most atheists, is that you need an ontology of god or gods first before one can form a belief about the god.   No ontology, no belief.
Is it safe to say that all atheists are a bunch of uninformed idiots?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2009
bawomolo:

debating with noetic is like trying to fetch water with a basket. waste of time
grin grin grin grin wouldn't it be foolish for anyone to use a basket to draw water? why not a bucket of knowledge.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic(m): 1:37pm On Mar 28, 2009
@ Huxley

I would have liked more background for these question, for I do not know or followered the context in which they were initially raised. But since you post them here, I shall attempt them as posted. I don't know. Can you give some more context?

check here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-250689.128.html

I do not agree. Can you show where the law of biogenesis says that life begets life? Can you provide some credible and peer-reviewed definition of biogenesis that states that?
Huxley look at the porosity of your brain. You were telling me here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-250689.128.html
that I was discussing biogenesis instead of evolution, implying that u knew what biogenesis and evolution is all about.
just google biogenesis and use wikipedia. This are the most porous sources of information, I am 1,000,000 sure that both will teach u the basics of biogenesis. Until then. . . . .i reserve my comment.

I also do not agree with your claim about evolution. Can you provide evidence that this is what evolution claims?
I do not know [/b]what mitochondria gene exception is. I shall do some research and get back on this one.

On the last common universal ancestor, [b]that I do not know
. It could [/b]well be that none has been found to fit the deception of the common ancestor to all life, or it [b]could be that it is know by science but[b] I don't happen to have that knowledge.[/b] I shall have to research this too.

huxley what EXACTLY do u know?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic(m): 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2009
@ Huxley

I would have liked more background for these question, for I do not know or followered the context in which they were initially raised.  But since you post them here, I shall attempt them as posted. I don't know.  Can you give some more context?

check here:    https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-250689.128.html

I do not agree.  Can you show where the law of biogenesis says that life begets life?  Can you provide some credible and peer-reviewed definition of biogenesis that states that?
Huxley look at the porosity of your brain. You were telling me here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-250689.128.html
that I was discussing biogenesis instead of evolution, implying that u knew what biogenesis and evolution is all about.
just google biogenesis and use wikipedia. This are the most porous sources of information, I am 1,000,000 sure that both will teach u the basics of biogenesis. Until then. . . . .i reserve my comment.

I also do not agree with your claim about evolution.  Can you provide evidence that this is what evolution claims?  
I do not know [/b]what mitochondria gene exception is.  I shall do some research and get back on this one.

On the last common  universal ancestor, [b]that I do not know
.  It could [/b]well be that none has been found to fit the deception of the common ancestor to all life, or it [b]could be that it is know by science but[b] I don't happen to have that knowledge.[/b]  I shall have to research this too.

huxley, what EXACTLY do u know?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2009
why has the moderator removed the modify button?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by vanitty: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
@ Huxley
I am sorry if these questions have been asked but
Do you believe in human soul? Do you think have a soul?

Do you believe in evolution? And if you do how is it provable and what stimulated it to happen?

I am eagerly awaiting your response
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2009
where is huxley?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2009
noetic:

@  Huxley
Rubbish. I am not asking u for the layman definition of atheism. any idiot could have said that.

I am asking u to define the subject of ur disbelief within the scope of rationality. I know ifa. And within the limits of human vocabulary he is called the yoruba god of divination. the key word is divination.

Now, this will not work because this is dishonesty and misrepresentation. You asked for the definition of atheism, NOT the subject of my disbelief. This is gross dishonesty and it will not work with me.

If you want to change the scope of the question, you are welcome come, but not misrepresent the initial question you asked. That is called shifting the goal-post.

noetic:

I have an appreciative understanding of ifa, as such I can make an intelligent decision of either believing or not. I choose not to belief, in other words, I disbelief. Now any ifa apologist can engage me in an informed debate concerning my disbelief, cos I do know the concepts and principles of ifa.

You have an appreciattion if Ifa, do you? Then give me its ontology then. Is Ifa human, a rock, a tree, an animal, a spirit. Ifa-apologist certainly believe he exists. That is why the make devination to him. But devinations and existence are two different things. Muslims pray to Allah, but does Allah exist?

noetic:

Unlike ur glaring hypocrisy, I have continuously defined Him within the limits of my vocabulary and so also have several christians. Our understanding is the basis of our belief state. What understanding do u have of Jehovah GOD that necessitates ur disbelief?
who is Jehovah God? What is ontology?

Show me where you and other christians have defined God and his ontology.

noetic:

I dont know who or what sussicorn is. Since I have no knowledge, big or small about sussicorn, how do u expect me to make a rational, intelligent and logical decision to either belief or not to belief? I have no appreciative understanding of sussicorn. To say I believe or dont believe would be unintelligently irrational.

Since u dont believe in God. I am assuming that the basis of ur disbelief is rational and intelligent and also an informed one. So again I ask,
Who is Jehovah God? What is HIS ontology?
Is it safe to say that all atheists are a bunch of uninformed idiots?

I did discuss some of the elements of Sussicorn's ontology on the thread about Sussiscorn. For good measure, here are they;

1) Half immaterial, half material
2) Born by his father after 3 years manancy (When a man is carrying a baby, a very very rare condition). Sussicorn has no mother.
3) Sussicorn is both male and female
4) Sussicorn is the mother of all humanity.

I "believe" in Sussicorn because, his ontology seems plausible to me. Now you tell me, what is the ontology of Ifa, Yahweh, Allah

Can you keep the insults down. I thought Christian were above such debase behaviour.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic(m): 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2009
huxley:

Now, this will not work because this is dishonesty and misrepresentation.    You asked for the definition of atheism, NOT the subject of my disbelief.   This is gross dishonesty and it will not work with me.

If you want to change the scope of the question, you are welcome come, but not misrepresent the initial question you asked.  That is called shifting the goal-post.
y accuse me of dishonesty? this was what I asked u
What is Atheism and the rationality of ur beliefs?
Go and check my original question to confirm.

I am more concerned with the rationality of ur belief (your disbelief in Jehovah God). Is your belief or disbelief a rational one?
This is only accessible by u defining the subject of ur disbelief.

Take for instance, I have an appreciative understanding of evolution. Its major concepts including mutation, genetics, adaptation, extinction, origin of life, evolution of life. Its relationship with general biology and abiogenesis.
This understanding and the apparent flaws and unfilled gaps is the basis of my disbelief in evolution theory.

I did discuss some of the elements of Sussicorn's ontology on the thread about Sussiscorn.  For good measure, here are they;

1)  Half immaterial, half material
2)  Born by his father after 3 years manancy (When a man is carrying a baby, a very very rare condition). Sussicorn has no mother.
3)  Sussicorn is both male and female
4)  Sussicorn is the mother of all humanity.

I "believe" in Sussicorn  because, his ontology seems plausible to me.   Now you tell me, what is the ontology of Ifa, Yahweh, Allah

Can you keep the insults down.  I thought Christian were above such debase behaviour.
For the sake of this discussion, I dont know who or what sussicorn is, as such I cannot reach an intelligent conclusion on his/its existence.
in other words, I am not intellectually competent enuf to either believe or disbelieve in the existence or otherwise of saussicorn.

But u probably know who Jehovah God is, thats why u dont believe in His existence. So Who is Jehovah God? and what is HIS ontology?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2009
@noetic
Hello,
Personally, I take atheism to be the disbelief in the existence of God ( monotheistic like Jehova) and gods.
The operating word for me is existence, I think belief in existence and belief in powers are two different things. I think it is very rational because I cannot believe in something that does not exist.
I am an agnostic atheist by the way.
Cheers.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by PastorAIO: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2009

I was raised in a Christian family in Cameroon and my family was a religious vagrant, moving from catholicism, seven days adventism to apostolic to full gospel to . . . I started having doubts about the claims of religion when we were SDA and as you may know SDA are great stickler for the bible and I did read the bible alot as a teenager. I was about 11 when my family converted from Catholicism to SDA, and my ever abiding memory as a new SDA convert was the criticism I would get from my Catholic friends that we were encourage to read the bible, together with the mockery of going to church on saturdays while everyone else went on Sunday.

Reading the bibel sowed the first seeds of doubts in my mind, but I could not really articulate them then. I was about 12 or 13 when these narratives from the bible became to disturb me. The doubts appear to me in the approximate chronological order;

1) The concept of the Chosen people. I found it difficult to accept the fact that God could have create all humans but chose just a small tribe (the Jews) as his own, at the detriment of all other tribes. I felt this was grossly unfair.

2) The amount of violence perpertrated by God in the bible left a cold chill down my spine. The narratives in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Judges I found particularly gruesome and loathsome.

I tried to seek answers to these, but as usual, the people I thought would know all had very unsatisfactory answers. I put these thought behind me and just concentrated as school and some months later I left home to attend a boarding secondary school. The first year at boarding school, although I had still not got answers to my questions, I attended church a couple of times, but by the end of that year, I had virtually decided that I could not commit by convictions on something I knew so little of. I stopped attending church, stopped praying and would still reading the bible occasionally. In fact, I had decided that the elders in the community were either gullible, stupid, deceitful and just plain ignorant and that I could not rely on them to help reach to anwsers to my questions. I decided that I was going to seek answers for myself by educating myself.

At around that same time, it occurred to me that I did not have to rely on the bible alone for an understanding of what was happening in Israel, Palestine, Romans, Jesus, etc, etc. I realised that there might in fact be other sources of information that could provide better data about the history, and socio-political and economic of the time and place. Somehow, I also realised that I did not have these material close at hand. So I consigned the thought of researching this to the background and concentrated on my exams.

At about that same time I started to become interested in the claims of the various witch-doctors, jazzmen, magicians, soothsayers, etc, around me. I guess it is the same in Nigeria. In Cameroon there are all sorts of supersitious claims and organisation that promote and support these claims. It then occurred to me that these superstition were not dissimilar for the Christian belief that I had but I did not have the means of articulating or dealing with such ideas.

Then at age about 16/17 I had a conversation with a friend who display doubts and contempt for the bible and I secretly thought that I had found a soulmate. I cannot remember exactly, but I left that conversation with my third major doubt, namely:

3) That sin originated in heaven, in god's own backyard and that if he could not bring his own home in line, how much less the earth. When my christian friends tried to rationalise this with the concept of freewill, which argument was doomed from the start, I knew this was an unanswerable question. If god endowed his angels with freewill, which caused them to sin, then it look to me that god was an inedept overseer at least and a callous and murderous and vindictive tyrant at worst.

Upon this realisation, all my sympathies with the god of the bible, Jehovah, had gone. I had not prayed not gone to church on my own volition for about 3 years,but would occasionaly accompany friend if they wanted company. At church, I would be busy eyeing girls or just daydreaming or silently making further of the priest/pastor.

Some years later, at 20, I came to Manchester/England and the veil was lifted. By the end of my first year in Manchester, I had succeeded in tracking down ALL the material I had so wanted to get hold of about 4 -5 years earlier. Manchester University has a great library and besides reading my core subject, I spent a great deal of time in the humanities section, reading up on religion, history of the Roman empire, etc, etc. I even stumbled on a piece of manusscript of the Gospel of John at the library - it is called P52. Do a google of John gospel P52, and you should find that it is house in the Manchester University library, John Rylands library.

By the end of my first year in Manchester, all my doubts had been removed. I knew that I could NOT rely of faith as a need of understand the nature of reality. I had decided that scientific rationalism was the route for me. I did not call myself an atheist then, but I was also reluctant to decribe myself as agnostic. It would be another 4 or 5 years before I would readily self-identify as an atheist, by this point I had overcome or become thickskinned about the risk social ostracism that being called an atheist might engender.

Nice story, Huxley. However you forgot to add the episode where your best friend died when you were very young and you were distraught and blamed God for it.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2009
Here are some questions that you have been trying to avoid, now that you have shot yourself in the foot by opening this thread you have nowhere to hide except behind your thin index finger. grin

Kweshuns

[list]
[li]Give us just one irrefutable proof of evolution, i.e. a proof that absolutely eliminates any other possible explanation for the origin of the universe, the material world and human life.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Where did the dinosaurs come from?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Where are the missing links in the fossil records or in the museum? especially the missing link of an eye.  Where are the trillions of fossils of such true transitional forms?  a true transitional form would have non-functioning parts or appendages.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Where did the law of gravity come from?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Give an example of a genetic mutation or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase information in the genome?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Any hypothesis or model meant to explain how all life evolved from lifeless chemicals into a complex cell consisting of vast amounts of information.  Can you explain to us the source of information and how this information was encoded into the genome:[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]How can you proof to me the existence of Charles Darwin?[/li]
[/list]

PS:  I will not accept "I do not know" for an answer I expect you to have a foundation to your beliefs.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Here are some questions that you have been trying to avoid, now that you have shot yourself in the foot by opening this thread you have nowhere to hide except behind your thin index finger. grin

Kweshuns

[list]
[li]Give us just one irrefutable proof of evolution, i.e. a proof that absolutely eliminates any other possible explanation for the origin of the universe, the material world and human life.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Where are the missing links in the fossil records or in the museum? especially the missing link of an eye.  Where are the trillions of fossils of such true transitional forms?  a true transitional form would have non-functioning parts or appendages.[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Give an example of a genetic mutation or an evolutionary process which can be seen to increase information in the genome?[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Any hypothesis or model meant to explain how all life evolved from lifeless chemicals into a complex cell consisting of vast amounts of information.  Can you explain to us the source of information and how this information was encoded into the genome:[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[/list]

PS:  I will not accept "I do not know for an answer" I expect you to have a foundation to your beliefs.

If only you had been a believer of Sussicorn, you would not be needing to ask these questions. All believers in Sussicorn have good answers to these questions.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2009
Is that a cop out or another way of saying "I don't know"?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Is that a cop out or another way of saying "I don't know"?

OK, let me make it more specific:

OLAADEGBU:

Kweshuns

[list]
[/list]

The unshakeable proof of the truth of evolution is the equally irrefutable truth of the existence of Sussicorn.

OLAADEGBU:

[list]
[/list]

What are dinosaurs?

OLAADEGBU:

[list]
[/list]

What are missing links, transitional forms and fossils?  Can you define these terms first?

OLAADEGBU:

[list]
[/list]

There is no such thing as the law of gravity.

OLAADEGBU:

[list]
[/list]
Why is this relevant at all?  I see no relevance of this?

OLAADEGBU:

[list]
[/list]

Sussicorn did it

OLAADEGBU:

[list]
[/list]

If you convert to Sussicorn and show great dedication, reverence and respect to Him, then he will reveal the proof to you.

Hope that clears thing up now.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 5:32pm On Apr 01, 2009
In the interest of clarity, I would only answer questions that do not contain any ambiguous terms. If you are going to use such terms, they MUST be clearly defined using standardly accepted words and definitions. Below are terms I consider ambiguous.

1) Theory
2) The Theory of Evolution (or evolution, for short)
3) Spirit, Spiritual
4) Soul
5) God(s)
6) Satan/devil
7) Big Bang
8.) Gravity

The onus remains with the questioner to rid their question of all possibility of miscontrual and double-meaning.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2009
@huxley,

Lame excuses. Your inability or unwillingness to answer any of these questions only goes on to prove that your religion, secular humanism, a religion based on blind faith, something like building your castle in the air, without any foundation. shocked
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@huxley,

Lame excuses. Your inability or unwillingness to answer any of these questions only goes on to prove that your religion, secular humanism, a religion based on blind faith, something like building your castle in the air, without any foundation. shocked

You have every right to ask any questions and I would answer them as long as we are speaking in terms we all understand. Hence, the need to provide definitions were there is risk of ambiguity.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by KunleOshob(m): 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Huxley
This might be a bit personal but i am curious to know your professional and educational back ground. Also what fuels your passion for disparaging belief in God, as different from the practise of any religion. I can understand if you don't beleive in religion but i cannot fathom someone as intelligent as you not believing in the existence of a supreme being cause the evidence is so glaring and is all around us.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Huxley
This might be a bit personal but i am curious to know your professional and educational back ground. Also what fuels your passion for disparaging belief in God, as different from the practise of any religion. I can understand if you don't beleive in religion but i cannot fathom someone as intelligent as you not believing in the existence of a supreme being cause the evidence is so glaring and is all around us.

Hello Kunle,

I currently work in Information Technology, specialising in Middleware Technologies, and an employed fulltime working for a global bank. Yes, that is what pays my wages and allows me to feed my family. It is a very good position and the employer is also one of the best you can get.

However, in the past, I have held many different roles. I have worked as a Civil/Structural Engineer, Mathematical Analyst, Research Assistant and Math Lecturer, and prior to my current incarnation I worked as software developer. But these are the jobroles that have paid my wages in the past, my true passions are in the art learning, living and philosophy.

I consider religion one of the unfortunate relics from the infancy of humanity that still impedes human progress, hence my contempt for religion.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by KunleOshob(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2009
huxley:

I consider religion one of the unfortunate relics from the infancy of humanity that still impedes human progress, hence my contempt for religion.
Thanx for your prompt response, granted that religion as been used to perpetuate evil by men and used to manipulate and take advantage of other men i can understand your contempt, but the fact that most religions have been abused does to mean that God doesn't exist. Do you beileve that the earth and all that is in it is just a freak of the cosmos, isn't there enough evidence of intelligent design at play with all the harmony we have in Nature that makes our possible existence and survival a reality? As advanced as we humans are we cannot produce ordinary matter talkless of simple life forms yet we know how complicated our make up is. There are a billion and one things we humans cannot do yet they exist in perfect harmony in nature, is it possible it just came out of no where with no intelligence behind it. I know no religions answers all question about our reality or our ontology but that is not enough to say God does not exist. Can you state in clear terms why you hold on to the belief of NO God despite all the evidence? (lets leave religion out of this)
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by mazaje(m): 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2009
KunleOshob:

Thanx for your prompt response, granted that religion as been used to perpetuate evil by men and used to manipulate and take advantage of other men i can understand your contempt, but the fact that most religions have been abused does to mean that God doesn't exist. Do you beileve that the earth and all that is in it is just a freak of the cosmos, isn't there enough evidence of intelligent design at play with all the harmony we have in Nature that makes our possible existence and survival a reality? As advanced as we humans are we cannot produce ordinary matter talkless of simple life forms yet we know how complicated our make up is. There are a billion and one things we humans cannot do yet they exist in perfect harmony in nature, is it possible it just came out of no where with no intelligence behind it. I know no religions answers all question about our reality or our ontology but that is not enough to say God does not exist. Can you state in clear terms why you hold on to the belief of NO God despite all the evidence? (lets leave religion out of this)

what are the evidence for a god? and do the evidence agree or support the definations of any of the gods we have out there?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by KunleOshob(m): 11:05am On Apr 03, 2009
mazaje:

[/b]

what are the evidence for a god? and do the evidence agree or support the definations of any of the gods we have out there?

The very existence of complex life forms, Nature and all that is in it point very obvioulsy to a intelligent designer/maker/creator A.K.A GOD
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by PastorAIO: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
KunleOshob:

The very existence of complex life forms, Nature and all that is in it point very obvioulsy to a intelligent designer/maker/creator A.K.A GOD

More so, the very manner of thinking about the world about us has implicit in it the sense of an Author. The only thing that allows anyone to undergo cognitive processes while denying the existence of an Author is the ability we have to withstand Cognitive Dissonance. This is what baffled Nietzsche in his parable of the Madman.
http://www.historyguide.org/europe/madman.html
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by KunleOshob(m): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2009
Where is Huxley
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2009
KunleOshob:

I take from this that you amke God the ultimate designer of the universe? But that, unfortunately, only begs the question, "Who designed God?". Is there some other superior God who made your own god? If you know the answer for who made your god, then you will know how this universe came about.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by papagiddy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2009
@huxley
please can you just lift up your two hands and say" JESUS CHRIST IS LORD" 3times loudly??
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by KunleOshob(m): 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2009
huxley:

I take from this that you amke God the ultimate designer of the universe? But that, unfortunately, only begs the question, "Who designed God?". Is there some other superior God who made your own god? If you know the answer for who made your god, then you will know how this universe came about.
I do appreciate and understand your submissions above, but the fact that some things were not revealed to man and alot of things are beyond human comprehesion does not take away the fact that there is obviously a creator. Even science that you so much beileve in admits that science is yet to understand .001% of what is in Nature. Surely these advanced complex and intelligently desgined things cannot be an accident(s) of nature
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by PastorAIO: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2009
Dear Huxley, You seem to not be around at the  moment, however when you do get back could you please answer a question for me.

What is your definition of Naturalism?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley2(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
wanna ask some more questions to huxley?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley2(m): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Dear Huxley, You seem to not be around at the  moment, however when you do get back could you please answer a question for me.

What is your definition of Naturalism?

Naturalism is the doctrine that the natural world is all there is. That there are no non-natural entitties.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IF This Porñ Star Can Change....You Too Can / New Testament Verse Christians Ignore / Eagles Fly Alone. Pigeons Flock Together.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.