Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:21 PM

Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here (2894 Views)

Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here / Sincere Questions To Frosbel / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2009
huxley2:

wanna ask some more questions to huxley?

Start by answering the questions you avoided or did you evade them?  I can now see that you avoided noetic's question with the IDK mantra.  Begin by answering my question in Post #44 for instance.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by pilgrim1(f): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2009
huxley2:

Naturalism is the doctrine that the natural world is all there is. That there are no non-natural entitties.

Thank you, huxley2. Could I keep that definition in mind until needs be in future?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by noetic2: 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
huxley2:

wanna ask some more questions to huxley?

which of my questions did u EVER answer? when did I Dont Know become an acceptable answer?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by SeanT21(f): 8:45am On Jun 17, 2009
Dear Huxley,

Were U raised in a christian home?? If Yes, How do your parents cope with U being an atheist??
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by dexmond: 1:28am On Jun 30, 2009
@Huxley

Huxley knew that the major bones of contention are the 8 points, which he said, should not be mentioned.

I will throw away my Christian faith if you and those godless scientists with their faustian agenda prove that the earth, which is radically different from other planets, has no creator. Whether that creator is wicked or not is a different matter all together.
Aristotle himself did not know where to classify certain phenomenon that science cannot provide answers to, that was the reason he called them Meta-physics i.e. works beyond the physical. At least he knew that there are things beyond science. These are things that Huxley is throwing to ordinary people to grapple with. Great philosophers could not satisfactorily provide answers to them. Is that not why we have as many school of thought as there are philosopher?

We need to talk about everything so that the next simple-minded man that is about to become an atheist by your post is shown the other side of the matter.
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by huxley(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2009
this one?
Re: Post Your Questions To HUXLEY Here by banom(m): 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2009
KunleOshob:

I do appreciate and understand your submissions above, but the fact that some things were not revealed to man and alot of things are beyond human comprehesion does not take away the fact that there is obviously a creator. Even science that you so much beileve in admits that science is yet to understand .001% of what is in Nature. Surely these advanced complex and intelligently desgined things cannot be an accident(s) of nature

@ KunleOshob,

If they are beyond human comprehension, how then did you people come to know about it ?

Secondly, if science is yet to understand .001 of nature ? is accepting religious claims a way to fully understand 100 nature or a simple way to to avoid understanding it ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obsessive Atheists / The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies / Is Allah Praying To Allah Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.