Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,417 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:07 PM

Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. (1449 Views)

Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. / 5 Reasons Why NYSC Should Not Be Scrapped / Nysc Has Been Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. by FrankValency(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2015
With the recent happenings ,I doubt the existence of NYSC scheme in the near future but I believe it should be a general discussion among prospective,serving and Ex-corps members. The uniform that was a symbol of authority,success,pride of every Nigerian student is now looked at with the eye we use to see police men,why??

This is as a result of atrocities being committed with the uniform nowadays and nonchalant attitude of some corps members at their PPA. Today we hear stories,a corper snatches a car,rapes a student,commit suicide because of a girlfriend,robs people with corpers I'd card and so on. Should we blame institutions for producing such graduate or the society(as some will always blame govt,when they themselves are 36yrs bt serving with 25yrs as their age).

Imagine the day I saw one of those guys that supplies prostitutes on facebook advertising one of his girls with full NYSC khaki uniform,I was so bittered because the uniform I wear is now the uniform for prostitutes. These and many things that I've seen/heard made me to ask this question.

For me,the scheme is still relevant because I'm a beneficiary,but many ppl are calling for the eradication of the scheme,which I believe everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion,so what's your opinion on this,should the scheme be scrapped

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. by xender(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2015
abeg it shouldn't.. I have been looking forward to the day I am going to serve as a teacher
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. by therealdeal10: 7:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Yes it shuld b cuz it's nt a guarantee dat u'll secure a job after serving amongst oda problems

Though u've gotten a lil xperience buh it wuld b of no use if u cnt put it into actual practice
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. by sirlaykeens(m): 7:33am On Aug 21, 2015
NO. Because SIR LAYKEENS is yet to serve his fatherland, and he wishes to. cryNO. Because SIR LAYKEENS is yet to serve his fatherland, and he wishes to.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. by Ahzyz(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2015
Yes they should scrap
Because it wasting of time and wasting of government money, the money they pay them should had to civil servant salary corruption will reduce in Nigeria workers.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped? Give Reasons. by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 21, 2015
Yes.
Because, NYSC ground is where dey Bleep our ladies and they have series of abortions like 4 times within that same 1 year.. and 1 more thing, people say serving your mother land, the question is, is it a year you wanna use to serve ur mother land? NYSC is rubbish but a playing ground for graduate to showcase their reckless lifestyle, ps: we serve our country till we die and not just a year,NYSC should be scrap

(1) (Reply)

Save My Son From Public Embarrassment, Father Write NYSC On Son Spiritual Attack / NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream 1 Mobilization Time Table Released / Foreign Graduates 2012 Batch B NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.