Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,092 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. (32287 Views)

Violence After Suya Seller Is Killed By Traditional Ruler's Son In Lagos(photos) / 19-Year-Od Boy Rapes 45-Year-Old Woman In Lagos, Robs Her / Elderly Nigerian Man Robs Four Banks In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by fatdon2(m): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2015
There was panic on Wednesday in the Lakowe area of Ajah, Lagos State, after some suspected hoodlums reportedly attacked motorists plying the Lekki-Epe Expressway and mechanics in a shop in the community.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the attackers, who were armed with guns and cutlasses, dispossessed their victims of valuables and injured many in the attack which occurred around 2pm.

Some members of the gang were identified as Saheed, aka Ejo, said to be the son of a traditional ruler (Baale) of a community in the area; Sima, Taofeek, Alaba and one Tunde, aka Oka.

It was learnt that residents had been indoors while an annual cultural rites, aka Oro, was being observed by the community on the fateful day.

Our correspondent gathered that the bandits, led by Oka, cashed in on the curfew to attack the mechanics and motorists found outside.

A mechanic, Segun Borokini, told our correspondent that the mayhem usually occurred whenever the rite was being held in the community. He said the gang injured and robbed him of N150,000 and a phone, adding that he reported the incident at the Elemoro Police Division.

He said, “They beat me up and collected my phone and N150,000 that a customer just gave to me.

“I reported to the police and they told me to go and treat myself first. When I went back today (Thursday), I was told to pay N10,000 to facilitate the arrest of the suspects. I left because I did not have any money to pay.”

Borokini’s partner, Ibrahim, said he lost N17,000 appealing to the police to put an end to the attack.

He said, “They gave me lashes of cane and I had to flee. I did not know how my N17,000 got lost in the process.”

A resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of being hunted, said policemen later came to disperse the hoodlums on the expressway.

He said, “Some policemen later came to chase them from the expressway, where they were collecting money from motorists. That is how they frustrate everybody.

“They always look for opportunities to steal whenever they are doing the rites. They don’t fear the police at all.”

A police source told our correspondent that the Baale of the troubled community had been invited to the station and asked to name the miscreants.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Patricia Amadin, confirmed to PUNCH Metro that the incident was reported. She, however, said the police were not aware of the rite.

She said, “The mechanic reported at the station that he was attacked by some people. He did not mention it was during a rite.”

www.punchng.com/metro-plus/traditional-rulers-son-robs-during-cultural-rites/

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by INTROVERT(f): 8:21am On Aug 21, 2015
okay... we know he will be released soon.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by nikkiking(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2015
10,000 to facilitate the arrest of the suspect shocked.
Police is that even legal embarassed.
I thought they should swung into action and arrest the madafuckas instead they are charging the victim 10k.

Nawaooo for our armed robbers in black uniform undecided.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Skypelogger: 8:45am On Aug 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by sukkot: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2015
ok na
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Oh
I have seen their names.
The most educated & sophisticated tribe on earth.
The ever amazing Yellow Bars.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Trailblazer1(m): 8:46am On Aug 21, 2015
I was told to pay N10,000 to facilitate the arrest of the suspects. I left because I did not have any money to pay.”

Our police force is the epicenter of corruption and the bane of a sane society undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by loomer: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2015
All join, them dey rob poor man daily so me no send una

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by EmagNig(m): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2015
see his face..he at least gets what he deserves

[size=16pt]sexyLADE[/size] says so

NIGERIA'S 1ST e-MAGAZINE? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by lonelydora: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2015
That's a norm in Nigeria. The sons of big men thinking they are untouchable and perpetrate evil. Him cup don full bi that.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Vock(m): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2015
ehn is that the guy that was robbing or the victim. I'm not seeing anything like arrest
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Pavore9: 8:47am On Aug 21, 2015
Hoodlums, always using tradition to commit crime! l can never forget the sight of a masquerade cooling off behind the counter at the Central Police Station, Awka. angry

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:47am On Aug 21, 2015
ok

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Viktor1983(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Traditional Thief
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Nigerian Police... Stop adding salt to injuries please!!! Protect the masses, that's why you were instated in the first place. Smh*

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by dreamworld: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=18pt]yo-Robbers[/size] noni

robbing in d name of one Nigeria
since 1914

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by umarc19: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2015
YellowBAR Soap.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by pussypounder(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2015
Now let the tribal war begin with the flattthead mumus and yorubastards angry angry
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by pussypounder(m): 8:49am On Aug 21, 2015
The Igbos are winning, yorubastards where are you? angry

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by berrygoodgirl: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Lol
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Kassidy90(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
10k to facilitate arrest again....NPF has been a disgrace to this country since .......can't even remember
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by ucheo3: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
They have patrol allocations so what's the 10k all about.
This thing should be addressed before the new recruits see it as a convention

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Oxytocin(m): 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
Even if he is arrested....It won't take more than #5000 bail and one bottle of origin for the boss to get him released from the police station grin
That's naija for you grin grin
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Vock(m): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay... we know he will be released soon.

when you won't read before commenting, where did you see anything about arrest

1 Like

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by ademoladeji(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Kill him if truly guilty...

We are tired of harbouring criminals in our communities
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by Pontaboki: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2015
Yelloba and Juju are one and cannot be separated

7 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by MadCow1: 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
Yoruba Traditional rulers son..

Ohaneze likes this Thread.. cool

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by pamcode(m): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2015
what a disgrace to royalty anyway it not new under sun.
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by jnrbayano(m): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2015
Someone should make a bet with me.

I say he goes scotfree. You say what?

*counting money*
Re: Traditional Ruler’s Son Robs During Cultural Rites. by ellabooz(f): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2015
Set of lousy lazy a.s.s

Ibo wanna be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Missing Child: Have You Seen Boluwatife Adegoke? / Father Raises Alarm After Sick Daughter Narrates Ritual Encounter With Herbalist / Hayfore Adu Operating "Illegal Hospital" For 23 Years In Lagos Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.