Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) (39521 Views)

Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) / Letter to Potential undergraduates. / Unilag Students Builds Eco-friendly Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by ukomko: 9:30am On Aug 21, 2015
Lies, which department? Under whose supervision? Any lecturer in those pictures? How does it work without fuel??...gabbage. Lagos-Ibadan Express way bloggers.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by obiscolly(m): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2015
Nice one...i see couple of my guys in the pic. Keep repping! #proudlyUnilag
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Good initiative. But can it ply third mainland bridge witout being blown into d sea?
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by wordsmith99(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Good start. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Rudyani33(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2015
Drabeey:

Baba ooo.. This one NA innovation and not innovative...
My DAD built something like this far back 1996, but we couldn't showcase it Abacha doesn't like things like this u know... anyway hit LIKE if you want Buhari to help these guys renovate our automobile industry, and if NO please hit SHARE jare...
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by YabaLeftist: 9:35am On Aug 21, 2015
That's not a car na, looks like a toy. Can you hit the Nigerian road with this? No way. Except you have a death wish. wink
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by kenoz(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2015
Nice one
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by bams2999(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2015
congratulation, we Nigeria youth we are proud of them
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by digitsolution: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2015
This is really nice. I do commend their effort. However this begs for questioning. What's the main motive of building this car (movement contraption), is it for commercial purpose to start a line of it and sell to the public etc? Or is this some science project dubbed from you tube, google etc just to show they can make an object move and call it a car.

Once again nice one they need to improve on what they want to build this is 2015, so sad below average looks excellent to us Nigerians we love celebrating mediocrity (don't get me wrong am not putting down their efforts, am only stating that anything worth doing needs to be done very well and conform to standard not half baked). Before anybody calls me a pessimist take a look at China and other countries and see the innovative things their youths are doing my dear you will weep for your country. Am certain we will get there someday soon though. Once again nice one to the chaps they need our encouragement....
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Ybnm4life(m): 9:54am On Aug 21, 2015
GREAT AKOKITE.... GREAT!!!
Feat like this is one more reason that makes me wanna say "Am Proud to be an Akokite". More of this to come and all you haters should continue wailing.
UNILAG: home of Stars and Dignitaries...
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Chimel1960: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2015
They will not give them a good price for this innovation if it's miss Unilag she would get a trip to the Bahamas, airplane and 5million naira. Mtcheew Well done guys jare. We need more of you in this country.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Raskymono20(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2015
from grass to grace
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2015
gdamola:
Are you sure this is the work of the students??Hmmmmm..The Unilag lectures i know cannot even teach the students how to fix a tyre

Shorop! Alakoba grin
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Donald3d(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2015
Great Engineering Students !!!!!! Proudly an Elect Engineer
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by HDee(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2015
I doesn't use fuel? It uses materials like what??
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by soulhighman(m): 10:18am On Aug 21, 2015
thundafire:
but wat does dy car run with na H2O,dy bonnet nt looking cool at all hw abt dy engine nd wen did ou our lecturers start teaching car making wen dy dnt knw hw to work dier cars cs dy will start shouting funds needed very hard blivin anything frm our university cs education in naija no worth am
pacino26:
Eco friendly car, what's the tech behind it, the principle and dynamics of design. I love to one day see a made in Nigeria car but not this joke on fb. Try splitting a Hybrid engine and ask yourself if we're ready.
Honestly I don't mean to appear as a pessimist here but R&grin is yet to start in our institutions especially in automobiles.
Mod hide this thread abeg.
It runs on electricity , I heard it's top speed is 40kmph, it attains top speed at 3Hp, compared to a regular kia picanto that attains same speed with 75HP on fuel..

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Lytlelemon(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Where can i get this car? I need to drive down to my villa with it. Moreover, i didn't see any space provided for another person to stay in or is it a sports car?? Kudos to the students. Though i was waiting to hear something like "LASU students built an Eco-friendly car" until yesterday i heard their SUG blocked the school gates cux of Mass failure. Lol
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Menace2Society(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2015
ukomko:
Lies, which department? Under whose supervision? Any lecturer in those pictures? How does it work without fuel??...gabbage. Lagos-Ibadan Express way bloggers.
Igbo alert grin
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2015
bluaero:
smiley Nice car

But no seat belt na

Na only seat belt you notice? Air bag nko?

Toy cars no de get seat belt na.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by uniqueedi(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2015
A good initiative in a country where the entrepreneurship spirit isn't motivated makes the idea short lived and aborted.
May God help us and our government to value and encourage what we have.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by tchalae: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2015
The car is an electric vehicle, built solely to be very light and fast (F1 style)...chasis and construction is different from regular vehicles as someone said it runs on 3HP and cost of construction was just over 700k. it wasnt an undergraduate project but a team of young innovators who decided to create something that had never been done before. its sad the founder of D0VE initaitive- Olukoya Olusanya lost his dear mum just before construction could be completed as she was the chief sponsor. and certain industry bigwigs couldn't show support like Murray Bruce and innoson even after they tried contacting them. The team is currently working on the next model p2 which should include a fingerprint ignition startup engine.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=18pt]Trust my boys at UNILAG.

All these girls in Moremi should service all these geniuses gratis henceforth. grin

Well done boys. More engine oil to your elbows. [/size]

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by tunergy(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2015
ukomko:

PAINMENT!
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by babadem2much(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2015
they should seaze all the senators n HOR allowances n support this guys.

omo if one of them de dis forum ehn or dia pikin

cheesy grin
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by STAMPandSEAL: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2015
[size=16pt]self-contain ...Good work![/size] grin
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by amiskurie(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2015
I looks like those Ghanaian casket.like the one made for dead taxi drivers smiley
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Skoopy(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2015
olillywales:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-5fcYFyR7dM4/VdbVB91sFJI/AAAAAAAGTiw/eXyJISlWltA/s1600/0.jpg[/img]
A team of students in the University of Lagos built an eco-friendly car. They say the car doesn't emit gas doesn't utilize fossil fuel. They built the car under the Project Dove Initiative and have successfully completed their first model, Dove P1, utilizing locally sourced materials and building it right here in the university of Lagos. Well done to them. See more photos after the cut...
[img]http://4.bp..com/-rRGN4OK0ZFw/VdbVCEITWXI/AAAAAAAGTi0/TJuSczmOHQM/s1600/2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-2DUoargNUaA/VdbVCv2Yr-I/AAAAAAAGTi8/9TwGtp_Ej_s/s1600/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-ysrxuRNP370/VdbVDJQ0zBI/AAAAAAAGTjM/RLQuoqi_DjE/s1600/4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-BKDECRrelzA/VdbVD9_TjfI/AAAAAAAGTjQ/cz9L7W2KdAI/s1600/a.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-qn5DKo5yqhc/VdbVERqdzSI/AAAAAAAGTjU/7KJ8-U0BLkg/s1600/s.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photos-unilag-undergraduates-build-eco.html

OP: what will power the car? I mean it's source of energy.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by JayJustus(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2015
Barselonia:
good....this one na formula 1 car or self-contained car

oya park

police: maybe we know u
driver: don't u know who I be
police: anyway let's see ur papers
driver: here it is
police: so because u get all ur paper u dey talk anyhow abi.
driver: oga just do ur job, dont u see me on nairaland that na me built my car.
police: ennnn.. okay anything for ur boys
driver: nothing
police: (frank) oga may we see ur Booth den
driver: I no get booth
police: may we see ur headlamp, brake light, parking light, reverse light and ur emmmm double pointer..
driver: I said I no get.
police: ddenn we go reach station....

your grammar is excellent
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by Israel5(m): 11:14am On Aug 21, 2015
With dis 1 if u jam trailer, u go just pass under dey go
Re: UNILAG Undergraduates Build Eco-friendly Car (Photos) by delishpot: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2015
Naija trailers nor go gree this car sales prosper. Dem go climb am tire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Basirat Rufai, The Best Pharmacy Graduating Student In University Of Ibadan / Fuel Scarcity :my Hostel This Morning !!! ( Photo) / Nigerian Universities Break Into Top 500 World University Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.