Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (40255 Views)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Go Down)

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by dellynash(f): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2009
My Husband Has Not Been Talking To Me For Three Days Now Please Help Me

Hello Nairalanders, im in serious stress and i need your advice, my husband slapped me twice when i was lying on bed because i asked him why he is sleeping without taking his bath, i got so angry and insulted him,  he  has not been talking to me for three days now.I over reacted and said some unpleasant things to him cos i never expected him to ever slap me as he use to say when  we were dating that he can never lay his finger on a woman, what annoys me most is that  im pregnant and i don't expect him to slap me in this condition. Now he will not give me food money, he will not talk to me he sleeps and turns his back on me, i feel like telling him im sorry but something tells me not to, he has a very stiff heart, i think of terminating the pregnancy and quiting the marriage, he has a tough heart and im afraid i may not be able to live the rest of my life with him, he is not willing to apologise for slapping me please Nairalanders help me handle this matter.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by moi2(f): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2009
Well I believe you should forgive him and apologise for your attitude and try and make things work, there is no perfect person on earth we need forgiveness to live together in harmony, two wrongs cannot make a right. Be good to him, pray and trust God that things will work out well for both of you, there is nothing that God cannot do.

I once had a quarrel with my husband before I left for work one morning, I got to the office and prayed for my marriage, you wont believe that when I got home, not only did we make up, my husband gave me a cheque to buy whatever I wanted! There is nothing impossible with God. He restores!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by naijacutee(f): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2009
I don't know what to say, and I'm struggling to understand why a grown man would slap a woman for something as trifle as taking his bath. And also not talk to you for 3 days. When you're pregnant! I'm really struggling. . . Is this the whole story or is this the "short version"?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by donjon: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2009
Quit while you have the chance,
because it is the 1st of more slaps, kicks, and punches dat will follow!
Dont let him maim you, b4 u decide to leave

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by sleekp1: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2009
moi2:

Well I believe you should forgive him and apologise for your attitude and try and make things work, there is no perfect person on earth we need forgiveness to live together in harmony, two wrongs cannot make a right. Be good to him, pray and trust God that things will work out well for both of you, there is nothing that God cannot do.

I totally agree with moi2, there's no perfect man on earth and you might also be telling us your version of events.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Akan(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2009
for better for worse . . .stick it out
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by ohaechesi(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2009
dellynash:

My Husband Has Not Been Talking To Me For Three Days Now Please Help Me

Hello Nairalanders, im in serious stress and i need your advice, my husband slapped me twice when i was lying on bed because i asked him why he is sleeping without taking his bath, i got so angry and insulted him,  he  has not been talking to me for three days now.I over reacted and said some unpleasant things to him cos i never expected him to ever slap me as he use to say when  we were dating that he can never lay his finger on a woman, what annoys me most is that  im pregnant and i don't expect him to slap me in this condition. Now he will not give me food money, he will not talk to me he sleeps and turns his back on me, i feel like telling him im sorry but something tells me not to, he has a very stiff heart, i think of terminating the pregnancy and quiting the marriage, he has a tough heart and im afraid i may not be able to live the rest of my life with him, he is not willing to apologise for slapping me please Nairalanders help me handle this matter.

do you hear your self well? you want to terminate the pregnancy and quit the marriage just because your hubby slapped you, incredible. listen gal, marriage isn't just a bed of rosary.build your home gal, apologize to him and desist from your wrongs. he will also feel sorry for reacting in such a disgusting manner to you. two wrongs can't make a right but if you choose to go about it the other way round, you will surely regret it now or in the future
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Tinkinguy(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2009
@ Poster,

Some info is definitly missing from your story, that your hobby spalled you and refuse to talk to you for 3 days now, and even stopped giving you food money just cox you asked him why he's sleeping without taken his bath?.

What is it that is preventing you from saying sorry and the that thing is also pushing you to terminate your pregrancy? Haba woman. you can do better than this your wide story.

How long did you date this man and how long have you been in your marriage with him that you just discovered he's very stiff neck??

When you tell us the whole truth and really need good advise, you will definitly get one.

Don't decive your self.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by amefi(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2009
Dear madam, i would like to apologise on behalf of your husband over the incidence, it is quite unfortunate that he had to slap you. I might be tempted to say that your husband was not in the right state of mind when you asked him to go and have his bath, that is to say that many things contributed to action. I would also advise you to call him and apologise over what happened, just accept the blame and promise to be caring wife. I promise you, he would feel ashamed and realise his bad deeds, and perhaps, apologise to you too. Please, i want you also to commit him unto God, because the devil is out to destroy any vulnerable couple and to cause marital and relationship problem. Be wise, don't even attempt abortion for you may not survive it, anybody that advises you to do so is not your friend, beware of that because you have to work out things yourself with the power of God in you. Refuse to be manipulated by the devil, just say to yourself that my marriage must work, keep saying it and act on the word of God concerning you and your marriage, i tell you the result will be awesome. So please take the initiative today and step forward to do as i have advised you. Be a good wife and have a happy home. Bye

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by asomugha: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2009
if yr husband happens to slap u d first one endure but if he gives u d second one return back d slap expect u are a dolli.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by dellynash(f): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2009
Naijacutee this is the whole story im not hiding anything from you, This man use to be so nice when we were dating, honestly i use to like handsome men he is not handsome but his nice, caring and loving attitude attracted me to him, when we got married he started changing he will hardly even call me honey as he use to do, he will call my by my name carelessly without any respect, he hardly even say he is sorry when he wrongs me, his heart is just so stiff. I have just been trying to support him cos i believe marriage is for better, for worse, can u imagine we quarrel even on bed during love making cos he thinks only of his own satisfaction, when i say honey i would like but this style he will tell me ah don't disturb me im tired. So i keep wondering if i can hold onto the marriage for life.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by oluwdashmi(f): 11:22am On Mar 27, 2009
naijacutee:

I don't know what to say, and I'm struggling to understand why a grown man would slap a woman for something as trifle as taking his bath. And also not talk to you for 3 days. When you're pregnant! I'm really struggling. . . Is this the whole story or is this the "short version"?
Tinkin_guy:

@ Poster,

Some information is definitly missing from your story, that your hobby spalled you and refuse to talk to you for 3 days now, and even stopped giving you food money just cox you asked him why he's sleeping without taken his bath?.

What is it that is preventing you from saying sorry and the that thing is also pushing you to terminate your pregrancy? Haba woman. you can do better than this your wide story.

How long did you date this man and how long have you been in your marriage with him that you just discovered he's very stiff neck??

When you tell us the whole truth and really need good advise, you will definitly get one.

Don't decive your self.

What else will I say? You two have said it all. There is a particular aspect of that story that is hidden.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by otukpo(f): 11:29am On Mar 27, 2009
As some one has said, this is ur own version of the story. So u'll give it the way it will favour u.

We women atimes, our mouth can be too long and wide that we say things that we are not supposed to say and when we are not supposed to. Have u tried to murder ur husband with ur tongue? U may have said things to him that are more painful that the slaps he gave you. Check urslf.

Marriage is not a bed of roses and 2 wrongs dont make a right. U'll meet challenges like this and u have to apply wisdom. That he said he wldnt lay a finger on a woman during courtship is not a license for u to push him to the wall.

Terminating the pregrancing and quiting the marriage is rather crazy and shld be least on ur mind. If u think like this, how many pregnacies and marriages do u intend to terminate in ur life time. Girl be wise!!!

Despite the fact u feel he shld apologise to u, why dont u go to him and apologise first. Then wait to see what his reaction wld be. U may have a very sweet husband but u have to apply wisdom to discover that. Pls make up with ur husband, apologising 1st to him will not remove anything from u.

And let it not be that because u are pregnant, u nag and make the guys life miserable.

I have a very sweet husband and even at that, we still have our misunderstandings, but we settle and continue to enjoy the sweetness of our love.

When u see couples outside and admire their love and closeness to each other, it dosent mean that they dont also have misunderstandings inside their homes.

A word they say is enough for the ,

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by amefi(m): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2009
pls stop further complaint of his past actions towards you, just start afresh now and commit it to God, cus the more u complain the more you hate him the more the devil gain ground and the more the problem in ur marriage, pls and pls i beg you in the name of God, go and build your home, nobody wi do it for.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Akan(m): 11:37am On Mar 27, 2009
dellynash:

Naijacutee this is the whole story im not hiding anything from you, This man use to be so nice when we were dating, honestly i use to like handsome men he is not handsome but his nice, caring and loving attitude attracted me to him, when we got married he started changing he will hardly even call me honey as he use to do, he will call my by my name carelessly without any respect, he hardly even say he is sorry when he wrongs me, his heart is just so stiff. I have just been trying to support him cos i believe marriage is for better, for worse, can u imagine we quarrel even on bed during love making cos he thinks only of his own satisfaction, when i say honey i would like but this style he will tell me ah don't disturb me im tired.  So i keep wondering if i can hold  onto the marriage   for life.

abi u don find anoda bros?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by oluwdashmi(f): 11:40am On Mar 27, 2009
dellynash:

Naijacutee this is the whole story im not hiding anything from you, This man use to be so nice when we were dating, honestly i use to like handsome men he is not handsome but his nice, caring and loving attitude attracted me to him, when we got married he started changing he will hardly even call me honey as he use to do, he will call my by my name carelessly without any respect, he hardly even say he is sorry when he wrongs me, his heart is just so stiff. I have just been trying to support him cos i believe marriage is for better, for worse, can u imagine we quarrel even on bed during love making cos he thinks only of his own satisfaction, when i say honey i would like but this style he will tell me ah don't disturb me im tired. So i keep wondering if i can hold onto the marriage for life.

If truly this is the whole story, then quitting isn't the next answer but prayer. I also think the manner at which you said it might be wrong although that shouldn't have warranted that slap even in your condition but there is nothing God cannot do. Pray that God restore your first love in his heart and build your home the way you want it cos marriage is not something you rush in and out of.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by otukpo(f): 11:41am On Mar 27, 2009
dellynash:

U said he has changed after marriage, have u changed too changed? If he was such a nice and caring man b4 marriage, ur attitude after marrage may have contributed to this change. Do u now take it for granted that u are married and dont do those sweet things that first attracted u to him. Work on urslf and i can assure u, he can also change for the better. Apologise to him, later seek for dialogue to see if there are areas he thinks u have changed too or offending him. That will help u know ur weaknesses too. Besides, tell urslf that ur marraige will work and work towards it. U said it urslf, he was such a nice man, so u made him change.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 27, 2009
I can't believe folk are telling Delly to apologise.
What does she have to apologise for? She's the one that got slapped!
Regardless, there's no acceptable reason why a man would hit his wife, just so wrong!
A man that hits a woman is nothing short of a bully, a coward.

As for the silent treatment, that's typical of a childish man that's feeling sorry for himself.
Delly, just take things easy, let your man apologise to you!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Tinkinguy(m): 11:47am On Mar 27, 2009
@Poster,

Look Young woman, even your tone of voice suggest to me you don't really need our advice, your hobby is now been referred as "this man".

I just have some few questions to ask you to get better understanding;

1) Can you tell us how long you have known 'this man".

2) how come he suddenly change his attitude towards you un-announced.

3) Do you really love him any more if at all you did from the beginning.

I will also like to let you know that the union of 2 different people doesn't flow seamlessly as imagine, there are ups and downs as the river flows, however your attitude in any situation and the application of wisdom defines how far any relationship lasts.

why am not backing the so called hobby on his action, I strongly think you need to evaluate your stand and convision towards this marriage.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by nethacker(m): 11:48am On Mar 27, 2009
asomugha:

if yr husband happens to slap u d first one endure but if he gives u d second one return back d slap expect u are a dolli.

@asomugha ,If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don't give advice.
@ poster,"If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow."
Food 4 thought.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by naijabb: 11:52am On Mar 27, 2009
@Poster
the problem here is not ur husband, but that something(devil) that is deceiving u not to apologize to him.
take this recipe for this problem and all will be well.

1. apologize to him (let him see truly that u were sorry)
2. promise him in strong terms never to use nasty words on him again
3. make his favorite food for him (his acceptance of the food shows his acceptance of ur apology)
4. then subtly request that he promise never to hit you again.

dont forget that you cant use fire to stop fire, if he is stiff then be soft u will overcome and the marriage will grow to maturity.

, i sign out
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Gifo(m): 11:55am On Mar 27, 2009
@POSTER
You seem too much in a hurry to terminate your well earned pregnancy and quitting the marriage. Pls is there a sign of guilt somewhere? Might you have done anything to make your man mad outside of the bedroom quarell? Have you praised an ex or another man to his detriment? Have you done anything at all that may have made you and him suspicious of anything at all. Lol, but I think you just listed and emphasised on the Effects and not the Cause.

We need to know the history, 'cause he just can't change immediately after marriage if the decision to marry was taken freely by both of you, methinks. However, we need to talk to that man for hitting a lady,his wife and an expectant mother!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Secretz(f): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2009
Wel you have admitted that you insulted him too and said some horrible things!! so to some extent you are giving a some what tru version of the story!

Just bite the bullet and apologise!!!

All I can say is pray and fast, cos this kind wife beating issue is scary! I hope you have not left any gap for some kind of negative spirit to enter your home and take over your husband's common sense!

AND NOW, you are very stupid to suggest having termination, abeg!!! Listen to yourself, foolish idiot! Is it the God given gift in your womb that used it's dirty mouth to insult her husband! Go and sit sown jare! Pray!!!    grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by denony(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
Quiting in marriage is never tea and bread
mind you.

It's juts simple, call him and talk to him this way:

Honey I am sorry i said that
But i meant no harm
You need not to take if so far like this
remember am carrying your baby
with good tone and be looking into his eyes

believe me he will respond with a lovely kiss grin
No cause for alarm
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by sholasys: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
KAI!!! Devil is at work and he is a lier. A lot have been said and u have gotten the best advice here in nairaland. Wife(s) always likes their huby to take birth before bed in the night. Some time it looks fustrating having over worked and tired from office. You as a wife shouldnt allow your husband to snurb you for 24hr let alone 3days. Prepare his favorite, apologies for the bad stmt bc i knw he wouldnt hav slaped you if u didnt alter any bad language. Package and present your self very well for that nite. You will win his heart and probably apologise and make love to you. The end point is PEACE to REIGN. manage your Home and make it work. Pray very hard. God Bless ALL
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by BabyGirl5: 12:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
I feel for you. sad  But you're in the MARRIAGE NOW,  A man's heart doesn't get stiff overnight, so if he's got a heart stiff or should I say he's not easily forgiving, then you have to draw him out of his cave.  

But you need to apologize, because when a woman lets her tongue loose, it can be like wild fire…, that’s what you should say sorry for and the things you said that you (HOPEFULLLY) really didn’t meant.  It’s always good to focus on what you did wrong.  I believe when you do this, he’ll do the right thing (And say sorry…)

In marriage NEVER think about terminating your baby - When God allows a baby between a union, you must be very thankful, because you don’t know if God will allow another baby to come, we really don’t know, we pray to have children in marriage, but only God knows your tomorrow.  Some people have been married for 25yr are and still praying to God for children.

But I agree with Donjon (Not to run though), but nearly all - 98% of violent in the home against women starts with a slap or verbal abuse, and believe me in ALWAYS increases in scale, so I really do think at some point after you get pass this issue, you need to sit down with him and talk about this, else you’ll look back and wonder how it all started with great regret

I always believe the decent thing for a man to do no matter how angry he is to walk away until he cools down in his heart, go for a walk, go to your friends and chill or just sit outside the house….If he had hit you and you felt and lost the baby, sorry could never replace a baby.  Men please think….It may be your one and only

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by teetee2(f): 12:10pm On Mar 27, 2009
Dear sis, Marriage is sweet and peaceful when two forgivers live together.  As a woman you need to put your pride under and be submissive to your husband and respect him.  God has made them the head and that ego makes it difficult for them to say SORRY.  I can imagine staying with a man for 3 days without exchange words, dat means u can stay for 10 days not to talk to your son.  Men are like our sons that needs care.  Start praying for him and ur marriage now and dont wait to get home before u say sorry.  Compose a wonderful text and let him know u love him more than anything in the world before you know it, devil will flee away from your marriage.  Dont ever think of divorce.  Divorce is like when one side of one is paralysed or amputated instead pray that God should bless your marriage.  Best of luck
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Moyola(f): 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2009
He's prolly got issues with his Mistress. . . n takin' it out on you! shocked tongue
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by ilaugh1: 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Poster

Are you a christian and do you read your bible at all? If you do, you will know that we are admonished in the bible that if anyone slaps us on the right cheek, we should also turn the left cheek to the person to also slap in return, thus, when you husband slapped you, did you turn the other side for him to also slap? If you didnt, pls do so tonite. Also, dont you know that the bible also admonish us to forgive as many times as possible, in fact in 70 times 70 times, thats the admonishion. So quit whining here and get your hubby's di ck back pounding your hot juicy wet pussie.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by chukz4real(m): 12:15pm On Mar 27, 2009
Fellow Nairalanders, may we not be sentimental over this. We all know that there is always a great difference between a lady in courtship and the lady in marriage. Ladies put up their best when in courtship in order to sustain the relationship and changes gradually as soon as the union is established. Young woman, reflect!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by sley4life(m): 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2009
@donjon, u are a homebraker. y shuld u tell her 2 quit. shey u go marry her if she quits. pls b constructive. The lady might not have given us much facts 2 judge. she might have done something worser than what she explained b4 her hubby slapped her. She should find a way 2 make up with her hubby. maybe getting him a special card or send him some lovely txt msg at work, she shuld also put everyting in prayer
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2009
You both need to apologise to eachother, him for slappn you and you for saying whatever you said.  you guys are married, the whole not talking for 3days thing just seems naive, you both adults.  And after you guys sort things out, tell him to never lay his hands on you again, tired of men acting like cavemen, there are other ways to make ur wifey know shes crossed the line, instead of acting like you some WWF wrestler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26)

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister / From Befriending Widow To Sleeping With Our Maid, My Hubby Has Done It All- Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.