Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? (31653 Views)

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The graphics also quote scriptures, did you not see them?

What about the one that said Mary is crying? Is that scripture too?

Make up your mind with the author of your cartoon.

Is Mary crying or not?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Great explanation.

To me, 'might' means that there is a possibility of something happening and a chance of it not happening.

Now, you go with one part of the might neglecting the other, no problem. Another person considers the other and you shout on top of your voice 'He errs'.

Now what about 'the seeing him as He is' aspect. What might it mean to u?

You conveniently ignored the part preceding the one you selected. If you are to make any claim make sure you have other scriptures to back them up. Where are the scriptures that says that we "might" be God?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

What about the one that said Mary is crying? Is that scripture too?

Make up your mind with the author of your cartoon.

Is Mary crying or not?

If God were to allow Mary to see and hear that Roman Catholics worship her as God because they believe she has become deity she will definitely be weeping as depicted in the graphics, get it? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You conveniently ignored the part preceding the one you selected. If you are to make any claim make sure you have other scriptures to back them up. Where are the scriptures that says that we "might" be God?

I didn't ignore anything... I acknowledged your explanation as good. Check it.

I am glad you yourself know that the scriptures did not say the aspects we will be like God. So I think we should leave it at that, we will be like God instead of creating 'mights' of how or how not we will be like Him.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If God were to allow Mary to see and hear that Roman Catholics worship her as God because they believe she has become deity she will definitely be weeping as depicted in the graphics, get it? undecided
So the graphics are wrong then...because they state that Mary is crying already.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

I didn't ignore anything... I acknowledged your explanation as good. Check it.

I am glad you yourself know that the scriptures did not say the aspects we will be like God. So I think we should leave it at that, we will be like God instead of creating 'mights' of how or how not we will be like Him.

You again conveniently ignored the Scriptures I cited to buttress my points. Don't make a mountain out of a mole.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Okay, you believe God has the power to allow Mary to see and hear?

@italics, I believe you have a proof of that.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You again conveniently ignored the Scriptures I cited to buttress my points. Don't make a mountain out of a mole.

I am sorry if I missed your point. Clarify me.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

So the graphics are wrong then...because they state that Mary is crying already.

If you are right that Mary is hearing our prayers then she is crying. Simples. wink
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I think we are yet to conclude something;

Did you read in the Bible that we should only respect 'the son' and no other?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

I am sorry if I missed your point. Clarify me.

I quoted Romans 8:29 and Philipians 3:21 did you check them out? undecided
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you are right that Mary is hearing our prayers then she is crying. Simples. wink

So Mary is not crying...the cartoons are based on assumptions.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Now, its possible that she is hearing, and if that is the case she is crying.

I agree with you. She is hearing and she is crying. Do you know why? Some people are calling her a demon for accepting the 'WORD' of God. Are you one?

You can stop, so that she can stop crying.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

So Mary is not crying...the cartoons are false.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

I think we are yet to conclude something;

Did you read in the Bible that we should only respect 'the son' and no other?

Respect, honour and worship the Son and no other.

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I quoted Romans 8:29 and Philipians 3:21 did you check them out? undecided

Yes, I did.

They still points to the fact, that the saints in heaven are 'like' God. No 'mights'
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Respect, honour and worship the Son and no other.

Good,

What about THE FATHER and THE SPIRIT?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Good,

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is God. If you worship Jesus you worship God. Remember that the Trinity does not include Mary.

"For in Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9)
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

Good,

Worshipping those would be idolatry according to Olaadegbu and his cartoonists.

We shouldn't even respect and honour our parents.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

So Mary is not crying...the cartoons are false.

If Mary is not crying that can only mean that she has not heard your prayers. smiley
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
Pending, olaadegbu. You pretended to not see this.
italo:

Also, the bible continues to the part where you disbelieve:

1Cor13:9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

What do we know and prophesy in part, that Mary and the Saints know and prophesy fully (according to the passage)?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is God. If you worship Jesus you worship God. Remember that the Trinity does not include Mary.

"For in Him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9)

What is your confusion about worship and respect. Because my question clearly says 'respect'?

You don't think the difference between the two is beyond spelling and pronunciations
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If Mary is not crying that can only mean that she has not heard your prayers. smiley

"If!" So you don't even know whether she hears and is crying or not...Yet you're accusing us of error.

How can you judge others on what you yourself don't know?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

Pending, olaadegbu

Also, the bible continues to the part where you disbelieve:

1Cor13:9 For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

What do we know and prophesy in part, that Mary and the Saints know and prophesy fully (according to the passage)?

As at the time of Paul's writing, the Bible was yet to be completed. It had only conveyed a part of God's intended revelation to the Church. This was eventually completed through the various apostles and prophets, John writing the concluding part in the book of Revelation (Rev. 22:18-19). With the completed Scriptures we shall know in full only when God's plan is complete, as revealed in Scriptures. It doesn't mean that we will be omniscient like God, it is only as God reveals.

"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deut.29:29)
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

What is your confusion about worship and respect. Because my question clearly says 'respect'?

You don't think the difference between the two is beyond spelling and pronunciations

Where is it written in Scriptures that you should 'respect' those who have gone to glory? After respecting them what next, worship? That is the onset of idolatry.

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

"If!" So you don't even know whether she hears and is crying or not...Yet you're accusing us of error.

How can you judge others on what you yourself don't know?

We can only know what is clearly written is Scriptures, not by your church tradition because it is not God breathed.
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Where is it written in Scriptures that you should 'respect' those who have gone to glory? After respecting them what next, worship? That is the onset of idolatry.

I think you have serious issues with modest discussion.

You ask a question and throw your answers and conclude. That's unfair to social ethics. If you want us to discuss, then when you ask a question, you wait for an answer before you conclude. That's how Christians do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

As at the time of Paul's writing, the Bible was yet to be completed. It had only conveyed a part of God's intended revelation to the Church. This was eventually completed through the various apostles and prophets, John writing the concluding part in the book of Revelation (Rev. 22:18-19). With the completed Scriptures we shall know in full only when God's plan is complete, as revealed in Scriptures. It doesn't mean that we will be omniscient like God, it is only as God reveals.

"The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law" (Deut.29:29)
grin

Well done with your gymnastics.

1. Where did Rev22:18,19 or any other verse say the bold.

2. What do we know and prophesy in part, that we will know and prophesy fully (according to 1Cor13:9-12 )?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

We can only know what is clearly written is Scriptures, not by your church tradition because it is not God breathed.

1. Where is it written that Mary and the Saints cannot hear, then?

2. 1Cor13:12 and 1John3:2 that say we will be like God and know fully are my Church traditions?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by italo: 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

When Peter proposed building tents for Elijah and Moses, he was proposing idolatry abi?

You need to become a Christian and read the Bible.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

When Peter proposed building tents for Elijah and Moses, he was proposing idolatry abi?

You need to become a Christian and read the Bible.

Did you read the next verse?

"And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah. For he knew not what to say; for they were sore afraid" (Mark 9:5,6).

Do you want to make a doctrine out of what someone said in confusion? Do you remember rebuking Peter when he allowed Satan to speak through him?
Re: Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
dmandy:

I think you have serious issues with modest discussion.

You ask a question and throw your answers and conclude. That's unfair to social ethics. If you want us to discuss, then when you ask a question, you wait for an answer before you conclude. That's how Christians do.

I'm sorry for jumping to conclusion so soon. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / Ghanaian Police Commander Orders SCOAN To Host Activities In Bigger Venues / Pastor Becky Enenche Builds 10-bedroom Apartment For Homeless Girls In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.