Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) (105453 Views)

Remember Babalorisa Tyomolu, Dopest Babalawo? He is Still Stunting! / My Ordealwith A "BABALAWO" In A Danfo Bus...my Eyes Has Seen Lots In This Lagos / Baddest Babalawo Ever Liveth: Photos Of This Babalawo Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
macof:

Well he knows better. ..the slave masters tried forcing jesus on his great grand fathers but they were too smart for that. ..

Unfortunately ur own great grandfathers were gullible
Thank you and God bless you smiley

2 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
adexsimply:
SMH. You would discard your own cultures for a foreign one, wouldn't you ? undecided
Hey...I decide what my culture is mehn... cool , God bless you...
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by GooseBaba: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
AreaFada2:

Look all these Daddy G. O., Prophet this and that, the West have gone through same phase. They later realised that you must take your destiny in your own hands, no miracle worker gonna cut it for you. If you like use your house to sow seed.

about 50 to 100 years from now, we will start accusing Oyinbo of stealing our culture. Because we might have to go to Brazil or Canada or UK to learn Ifa metaphysics. That time, you go fear how some Universities abroad will package the course. grin cheesy

True talk...

Plantain chips and pekere na the same thing. Na packaging separate their hustle. grin

6 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by scholes0(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
macof:

Yes he is

Remember Micheal Jackson's "they don't really care about us" video shot in Brazil?

The band was wearing this shirt. ..those are Yoruba descendants in Brazil still keeping the culture alive

Olodum = Olodumare

Maybe this can appeal to the cognition of africans in africa. ..we need to go back to our ways

WOW!
Now that you mentioned it, I went back to the video on youtube.
And I just realized that they had OLODUM (short for Olodumare) on all their T-shirts.... shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Forwetinnah: 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is how they hold Africa captive. ..they take ALL OUR DEITIES and keep us in perpetual slavery. Who said the West don't believe in supernatural Powers, they got most of it from AFRICA!!
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nicca getting paid shocked
Make me too becime babalawo grin

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by eleko1: 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
So sorry to read dis.Can U contact Ur pastor/talk to Ur sch sUg welfare director/president?I believe they'll help.
juliusjulius:

Amen, thank you.
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
LOL. This guy is a Legend!

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by TheDauraMallam: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
politician:
Seeing this really makes me ponder on the gradual loss of traditional and cultural values in the society.

The era when neighbors really care about each other.
when you accept food from people without having Bias thoughts.
When the windows have no frame or guards
When your mother send you to join other kids to eat Sara and rub your hands on the host with intention of good tidings.
When Masquerade and followers remain mute while passing in front of churches and mosques in show of mutual respect.
When as a christian, you celebrate Muslim festivals with friends and vice versa.

The societal Values that really defines us as a people is fast eroding and its really painful.

It's called EVOLUTION. It's the natural order of things.

If you don't want them forgotten, write about them in books and movies. Create endearing pieces of art tat will always make you remember them. Resurrect our museum culture, not talking gibberish on the internet invented through the same evolution.

You really think by 2050 people will still be using 4G? That's evolutionary change. Deal with it and stop whining like a typical Nigerian.

Don't tell me you never paid attention during your science classes.
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
There is a Yoruba tribe in Brazil and I happened to meet one. Do you people know that Casava and garri we crave for in this country came from Brazil so I am not surprised by this bling bling Ifa man. Remember that the Aalafin of Oyo visited Brazil not too long ago to his yoruba race there. Oya all nairaland Ifa Will Know Crew please upgrade sharperly.

2 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by scholes0(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Latin America's fastest Super-Computer was recently Launched in Brazil
And guess what it was Named? Yemoja!

SALVADOR, Brazil -- BG Brasil and Senai CIMATEC have unveiled the fastest ever supercomputer in Latin America at the Senai CIMATEC Supercomputing Center for Industrial Innovation in Salvador, Bahia.
CIMATEC Yemoja is the fastest supercomputer in Latin America.
Designed by BG Group in partnership with SENAI/Fieb, the supercomputer is capable of performing at 400 trillion operations per second. The launch of the supercomputer is a key milestone for BG’s R & D program focusing on geophysics, involving a total investment of $19 million (R$ 60 million). Named after Yemanja, the Yoruba language, the Yemoja cluster is now installed at the Senai CIMATEC Supercomputing Center for Industrial Innovation in Salvador, Brazil.

Baptised as CIMATEC Yemoja, the supercomputer is part of a revolutionary initiative in seismic data processing. A world-class center of excellence in computing is also being opened as part of the R & D program. "The complexity of the pre-salt fields drives us to seek increasingly innovative solutions. The supercomputer is part of this effort and will assist us in our daily activities in the oil and gas industry," said Nelson Silva, senior V.P., BG South America. The project will prioritize the study and optimization of the technology known as Full Waveform Inversion (FWI) for processing 3D and 4D seismic data on an industrial scale.

The project will be conducted by the consortium International Inversion Initiative, led by BG Brasil. The Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN), the University of British Columbia (Canada) and Imperial College London (England) are collaborating in the research; the latter two are world references in FWI. "The Supercomputer will give BG and leading university research groups the strategic infrastructure to resolve major industry challenges in reservoir imaging and data processing. This was made possible through the R&grin levy in alignment with ANP, federal and state funding," Rick Moore, CTO of BG Group, said.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Diamondpicture(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Xsolutions:

Hmm...thanks for the clarification, another question, what Language is the term 'Mulatto' from? Is it general Spanish or is it Portugese?
It is a Spannish word but the difference between some Portuguese and Spannish words are like the different between English and pidgin English I understand Spannish when you speak and you also can understand Portuguese if you speak Spannish

3 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ayomax:
I love my Yoruba culture, the best in Nigeria

Wetin make am th best in the nigeria? Because of the evil-post above you or what?
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by BraniacX(m): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Dope!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Diamondpicture:
It is a Spannish word but the difference between some Portuguese and Spannish words are like the different between English and pidgin English I understand Spannish when you speak and you also can understand Portuguese if you speak Spannish
Um...thanks.
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by friends4ever(m): 9:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Xsolutions:

Is 'Mulatto' the appropriate term? 'Mulatto' kinda sounds offensive to me... undecided

Mulatto is a name being used to identify mixed blood/ race children (white and black)

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
friends4ever:

Mulatto is a name being used to identify mixed blood/ race children (white and black)
Thanks, though it seems 'Mulatto' applies specifically to Latino/Hispanic folks; 'Mixed Race' is more like a general term for mixed white and black people
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Youngmolis: 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
World don end o

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Cyriloha(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hapuya:
I

badoo! !!!!!! olamide no rich you half but this guy pass you

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by mekonglobal(m): 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
politician:
Seeing this really makes me ponder on the gradual loss of traditional and cultural values in the society.

The era when neighbors really care about each other.
when you accept food from people without having Bias thoughts.
When the windows have no frame or guards
When your mother send you to join other kids to eat Sara and rub your hands on the host with intention of good tidings.
When Masquerade and followers remain mute while passing in front of churches and mosques in show of mutual respect.
When as a christian, you celebrate Muslim festivals with friends and vice versa.

The societal Values that really defines us as a people is fast eroding and its really painful.

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Aanumaite(f): 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ve u heard d dopest rap freestyle ever??Download Mic-Burster Freestyle JozyBlaise (56751361-BBM ).mp3 Www.datafilehost.com/d/29ed890c
...its gon blow ur mind... Pls bc
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Xsolutions:

God dwells in me also, do I worship myself too? Ask God your questions, He'll answer you.
I don't need to ask any question
You are the one confused

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by simdam500(m): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
cyprus000: [size=13pt]
I have change my mind. I want to study babalaworism in school now
[/size]
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
bulldoza:

I don't need to ask any question
You are the one confused
Thanks...God bless you smiley
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by simdam500(m): 11:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Btw it's not convincing one bit
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by scully95: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hapuya:
The Sharpest!

He's dope! I am feeling the swag. Swag on point... I want to be a Babalawo. IFa Cheief Priest. I cherish our traditional religion/destiny die.

3 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by scully95: 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
k
Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by scully95: 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Xsolutions:
Thank you and God bless you smiley

As a matter of fact. It is not too late to cry. We can re-investigate our past and fix it. But we cannot continue living in denial, using a foreign identity.

4 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Yagalchychy: 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
For your quality home and office blinds,Contact: Grand Horizons window blinds and decor....(08072862060) Grand Horizons! "That extra touch your home and office needs" with one year free maintenance on all products delivered anywhere in Nigeria..

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by Esdb3: 12:01am On Aug 22, 2015
Ayomax:
I love my Yoruba culture, the best in Nigeria

If this was about ibo. They'll start lamenting how they belong to biafra and how unique they are. Cry babies mtchw

1 Like

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by RexTramadol1: 12:15am On Aug 22, 2015
Babalawo to n fa taba

2 Likes

Re: Babalorisa Paulo: Most Sophisticated Babalawo In The World (Photos) by mystique18(m): 1:23am On Aug 22, 2015
ifa love-vendor...d deity's oracle with a touch of swag!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Urhobo Waado. / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.