Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:43 AM

The Most Merciful! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Most Merciful! (429 Views)

Indeed Merciful Is Our Lord. / Is God Merciful? Islam’s Response To Evil & Suffering / Seeking Forgiveness From The Most Merciful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Merciful! by abat4real37(f): 1:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Today as I was standing outside Vauxhall train station waiting for my client to meet me, a young man approached me, he greeted me by saying: Assalam Alikum. He then asked me if I was from that area and I said: No. He said: I am sorry to take your time but I know if I stop anyone else they won’t stop to listen to me but I know you are a Muslim and I trust you will give me a minute of your time and he kept apologizing. I asked him what he wanted, and he said he forgot his bag in the bus and his ticket to go home to Brighton was in the bag, he kept swearing that he just needs a ticket to go home and that he will give me his email and details so when he gets home he will send the money back to me. He was begging like I have never seen before, his eyes almost started tearing……

I must admit I was first so skeptical and I wanted to walk away from him because we see so many like him on the roads of London and they always stop you to tell you a long story to beg for money, but when I looked at his eyes and the way he was begging, he didn’t look like a drunk to me, neither did he look like a drug addict, he was dressed decently and looked like any normal person on the street !!

A small voice inside me told me: just help him and it is between you and Allah and him and Allah. So I gave him the money and he kept saying let me give you my details, I said No, it’s Ok…..he kept thanking me like 5 times before he left and ran to the ticket machine….he then shouted Thank you again from the ticket machine…… Before he goes in to the station he shouted again: thank you …..

As I was waiting for my client I took a moment to think of this incident and I said to myself Subhana Allah the way he was begging me with eyes full of hope, I could not say No to him, even though I wanted to and even though I could …… then I asked myself a question: Why don’t we ask Allah SWT the same way?!!! Why we don’t go to him begging for what we want with eyes full of tears and with so much hope?!!

If I am only human and the Mercy I have is considered one from hundred Mercies as in the Hadith:Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There are one hundred (parts of) mercy for Allah and He has sent down out of these one part of mercy upon the jinn and human beings and the insects and it is because of this (one part) that they love one another, show kindness to one another and even the beast treats its young one with affection, and Allah has reserved ninety nine parts of mercy with which He would treat His servants on the Day of Resurrection.

Can you imagine how the Most Merciful will respond if you ask him like that and he has the rest of the 99 mercies in stored for you?!! SubhanAllah indeed he is the most merciful.

(1) (Reply)

Death Toll At Mecca Reached 350 / The Sakinah Success Depends On Us All / Daily Hadith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.