Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God (2003 Views)

Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed A True Prophet Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by okonja(m): 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
He served as Archbishop of Washington, D.C.(imagine that) from 2001 to 2006, and was elevated to the cardinalate in 2001. In Catholic theology, to be a prophet, to earn that title, one must be divinely inspired. To call Mohammed “The Prophet”, as he does, is to claim that Mohammed[PBUH] is a true prophet, inspired by God.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2767753_mccarrick_jpegff0b75e0382549d8ff1a8f92e3600122

I’m Catholic, by the way, and this guy couldn’t be more wrong. I strongly suspect he is of the infamous Alinsky wing of the Church. Nobody, as they say, is perfect.

Catholic Cardinal Theodore McCarrick offered Islamic religious phrases and insisted that Islam shares foundational rules with Christianity, during a Sept. 10 press conference in D.C.

“In the name of God, the Merciful and Compassionate,” McCarrick said as he introduced himself to the audience at a meeting arranged by the Muslim Public Affairs Council. That praise of the Islamic deity is an important phrase in Islam, is found more than 100 times in the Koran, and is akin to the Catholic prayer, ”In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”

McCarrick next claimed that “Catholic social teaching is based on the dignity of the human person… [and] as you study the holy Koran, as you study Islam, basically, this is what Muhammad the prophet, peace be upon him, has been teaching.”

McCarrick was 71 when 19 Muslims brought Islam to the public eye by murdering 3,000 Americans on 9/11. He is one of the 213 Cardinals of the Catholic church, but is too old to vote in church debates.

SOURCE
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by royallord1(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
really,?
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by okonja(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
royallord1:
really,?

Even If Jesus come today and say "He is the Son of Mary", am sure you would be among those who would still doubt him...*hisses* undecided
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by royallord1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
okonja:

Even If Jesus come today and say "He is the Son of Mary", am sure you would be among those who would still doubt him...*hisses* undecided
really?
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by An2elect2(f): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
There are a handful of, if not many similarities between catholicism and Islam. I wont be surprised if they merge tomorrow, after all both founders of the two religions are dead men grin
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by An2elect2(f): 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
okonja:

Jesus has said so many things, one of which is having access to the Father through Him alone, and you still don't believe Him? Ain't you sick? smiley
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by Jeromejnr(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
@italo and dmandy

Is this true?

If it is then you need to question some things you've been believing in without proofs.
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Jeromejnr:
@italo and dmandy

Is this true?

If it is then you need to question some things you've been believing in without proofs.

I don't know for I have not read about him in scriptures and I can not judge. I believe there are true prophets of God here on earth living with us who were not in the scriptures. But whose prophet do you think Mohammed was?
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by abduljabbar4(m): 1:19am On Aug 22, 2015
An2elect2:
There are a handful of, if not many similarities between catholicism and Islam. I wont be surprised if they merge tomorrow, after all both founders of the two religions are dead men grin
The christians always have silly explanations to give. If you point out contradictions in the buybull to them they will tell you that you dont have the spirit. Keep fooling urselves

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by italo: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:
@italo and dmandy

Is this true?

Is what true?
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by truthman2012(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2015
Nonsense!!!
Why do they still remain in Catholic?
Satanic people.
Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by italo: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2015
truthman2012:
Nonsense!!!

Why do they still remain in Catholic?

Satanic people.
What did the Cardinal say that warrants you calling us Catholics "satanic?"

We see your pastors feeding you snakes and petrol...and making you come to service naked and we don't call you "satanic."

smiley

1 Like

Re: Catholic Cardinal Declares Mohammed[PBUH] A True Prophet Of God by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
An2elect2:
Who founded catholicism?

(1) (Reply)

Unanswered Question In The Bible That Needs To Be Cleared / Kissing The Popes Ring, Why? / The True Meaning And Essence Of The Lenting Season & Ash Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.