Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking (5335 Views)

Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Get ready to renew your minds as i will debunk some un-scriptural statements we say without checking the scriptures.

WHEN PRAISES GO UP,THE BLESSINGS COME DOWN
No new testament scripture supports this,as thanksgiving isn't a pre-condition for God's blessings rather it's our ceaseless attitude to our Father's unconditional blessings.

2Cor 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

2Cor 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

1Th 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Giving thanks isn't a gift to God for blessings but a response to his blessings;no bribery intended!

I GAVE MY LIFE TO CHRIST

This term is often used for salvation but we hardly ever bothered to know that in scriptures,it wasn't used for salvation.to give your life to the Lord was used ONCE in the Epistles.

2Co 8:5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
it was used for service/commitment and not for salvation. Salvation is to receive,God does the giving in Christ Jesus.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

SAMARIA RECIEVED NOT GAVE.

Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

you recieve a gift,its not an exchange.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Our part is to receive not give.It's not of works.

lemme Pause for now,there are still many to come,i need your comments and views.

Cc vooks,WinsomeX,Joagbaje,
Gombs,olaadegbu,jagoon,gabazin080,
bingbagbo,An2elect,scholar8200,Great0,winner01,KingEbukasBlog,nynbrada,NumberOne3,NumberOne2,
annyplenty,malvisguy212,italo,soye3,starlingslimnet,Ebi4life,jcross19,effie03,ProphetUdeme,angieberry,Muttleylaff,Barnabaseloka,Lateralmaths,vfactor,tallesty1,obillyj,
undabridge,marvelito,Tjayjosh,jiggaz,ayoku777

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Annunaki(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
Tithing money from income

Most christians believe they are supposed to tithe money from their earnings. However there is no such thing in the bible and the scripture they twist to justify it was not even addressed to christians but to old testament jews.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by effie03(f): 2:13am On Aug 22, 2015
"givers never lack "
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2015

God can only bless you if and when you are born again

Laughs!Seriously? so any material prosperity with non-believers is not of God?

Yet we work in firms owned by non-believers and give testimony!Have you checked the following texts

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45 That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Take note of the words;"Just and unjust","Evil and Good" he blesses us both ! another corresponding text is

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the children of the Highest:
for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

He is kind to the unthankful:the atheist is blessed by God. We differ NOT in material wealth but in our attitude,we are thankful,we Honor Him.

let's see Jesus's ministry;

Luk 5:6 And when they had done this, they enclosed a great multitude of fish: and their net broke.
Luk 5:7 And they beckoned unto their partners, who were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
Luk 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

Peter's business was blessed when he was a sinner! Jesus multiplied 5 loaves and 2 fishes and gave to several thousands,Most of who weren't his disciples. in fact check out who they were in John 6! truth is God is kind unto all!. The earth is His, Food erroneously offered to idols is His.

1Cor 10:26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.
1Cor 10:28 But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that showed it, and for consciences sake: for the earth is the Lord's,
and the fullness thereof:

Nothing in earth isn't His blessings! he isn't using material wealth to bait sinners!
Just like healing,He heals all ! and dont wait for any hard earned money of an unsaved man to become yours via the false teaching of end time transfer of Wealth!

God blesses all! We believers honor Him in our prosperity,herein lies the difference.

Blessings!

Cc Gombs,vooks,OLAADEGBU
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2015
GIVERS NEVER LACK

Really?it's usually said to encourage people to give with the idea that those who don't lack are that way because they give.

Have you checked Luke12:16,20-21

Luke 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
Luke 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luke 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Also

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luke 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luke 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

He wasn't giver.

Also

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mark 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

He sure wasn't a giver.

1Tim 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Tim 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

These guys were already rich but were just been taught to give and show good works!.

Let's check some givers;

-Paul
Act 20:34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. He had neccesities,which he supplied by working with his hands not via sowing seeds.
Phillipians4:11-12,14

Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Php 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Php 4:14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

Paul lacked! And other believers met his needs.

-The church is Macedonia

2Co 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2Co 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
2Co 8:3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;

Givers but yet had deep povery.

-Church in Jerusalem were Givers.

Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Act 11:28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
Act 11:29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:
Rom 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Note:Ensure you read through before acting "voltron" for your pet doctrines! Givers do experience sufficiency and lack!Nothing is wrong with your faith or giving if you experience lack,at times its carelessness, lack of opportuinity, location, economy of country, foolishness, career path etc.!

So,give without your selfish motives being the motivation. Keep giving and keep trusting in the living God to meet your needs not because you gave but because He is your Father!

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Clear?

Grace to You!

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2015

Christianity is a personal thing.

Not really,it's both before God and others.

if by saying this we imply we have a personal relationship with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,then you are correct.

However it extends to others.We are baptised by the Spirit into a body of believers;

1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and has many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

We have a divine relatonship with fellow believers.

1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that you also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

we have fellowship(relationship) with the Father in the Lord Jesus and with other believers too.

We are to serve as exaçples to other believers;

1Ti 4:12 Let no man despise your youth; but be an example of the believers, in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

we are to treat them right and in love too.

1Jn 3:16 By this perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

we are to serve other believers.

Heb 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which you have showed toward his name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

we are to act with others in mind;its not just abt knowledge of your conscience but also about others.

1Cor 8:11 And through your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

1Cor 8:12 But when you sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.

1Cor 8:13 Therefore, if food makes my brother to stumble, I will eat no meat while the world stands, lest I make my brother to stumble.

We are to pray for other believers.

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thus with all perseverance and supplication for all saints

Cc malvisguy212,
You see?it not just personal.
You live for other believers too.
Many folks use this phrase to lead less exemplary and irresponsible Christian lives.
christianity is both Personal and Corporate.

Cc KingEbukasBlog
note:
This is a very major reason you must be in and not just attend but SERVE in a local church.

Blessings!
Cc lasticlala.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
sportsmaster:
cc jagoon,jiggaz,ayoku777,gombs,An2elect.

When would you learn to organise your threads?

I can't make a head or tail about your writings, perhaps a summary?

Thanks

.. On second thought, when Jesus said "Give and IT SHALL be given unto you".. Notice the Capitalised term (that's a sovereign declaration by the almighty, not a promise) ... Are you suggesting He being metaphorical or using a hyperbole?

The fact Paul lacked in course of his duties does not mean he was poor. Same way folks claim Jesus was poor. See this link for further information

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical#27289013

Givers never lack, and because I have no cash in my pocket does not mean I'm broke or poor. My bible says, if the cloud be full of rain..... Go search out that scripture.

.. Secondly, the term giving one's heart to Christ is not wrong a statement as you'd have us believe. Paul write,... Oh, what a wonderful verse this is

Gal 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

What he's saying there is that His life is no longer his, in other words, he's given it away to Christ. Why? Because it's a choice. If I give you my car, do I still tell you what to do with it? If I give my life to Christ, it's no longer mine, meaning I live for Him... I no longer live for myself.

No wonder the bible says that they which receive the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness... Shall reign in this life by Christ Jesus (Romans 5:17)...

The above bold is a choice, because some have heard of this grace and rejected it, some will... They refused to accept the sacrifice of Jesus... They refused to give their hearts/life to the master... Hence they have no righteousness, because there's no salvation to start with.

When you believe that Jesus is Lord of your life, and confess it with your mouth, and believe that God raised Him from the dead... What you did was surrender your life to His rulership, you gave yourself away, so that He can use you. YOU GAVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM, hence, it's no longer yours. Gal 2:20

No need creating a mountain out of an ant hill.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gombs:

When would you learn to organise your threads?

I can't make a head or tail about your writings, perhaps a summary?
I left enough space nau.I put enough paragraphs.

.. On second thought, when Jesus said "Give and IT SHALL be given unto you".. Notice the Capitalised term (that's a sovereign declaration by the almighty, not a promise) ... Are you suggesting He being metaphorical or using a hyperbole?
The fact Paul lacked in course of his duties does not mean he was poor. Same way folks claim Jesus was poor. See this link for further information

https://www.nairaland.com/1957135/midas-touch-balanced-approach-biblical#27289013

Givers never lack, and because I have no cash in my pocket does not mean I'm broke or poor. My bible says, if the cloud be full of rain..... Go search out that scripture.
firstly Know that,Giving in any form be it tithes,offerring,first fruits,seeds is not and never a pre-requisite to God's blessings.
Matt5:45 God makes his sun to rise on the evil and good,He sends his rain on the just and unjust.

God blesses the believer and the unbeliever materially.
So your giving is not a ticket to God's blessing. i explained it clearly in the Post about Giving,You did not read through it well.

.. Secondly, the term giving one's heart to Christ is not wrong a statement as you'd have us believe. Paul write,... Oh, what a wonderful verse this is

Gal 2:20 KJV
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

What he's saying there is that His life is no longer his, in other words, he's given it away to Christ. Why? Because it's a choice. If I give you my car, do I still tell you what to do with it? If I give my life to Christ, it's no longer mine, meaning I live for Him... I no longer live for myself.

No wonder the bible says that they which receive the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness... Shall reign in this life by Christ Jesus (Romans 5:17)...

The above bold is a choice, because some have heard of this grace and rejected it, some will... They refused to accept the sacrifice of Jesus... They refused to give their hearts/life to the master... Hence they have no righteousness, because there's no salvation to start with.

When you believe that Jesus is Lord of your life, and confess it with your mouth, and believe that God raised Him from the dead... What you did was surrender your life to His rulership, you gave yourself away, so that He can use you. YOU GAVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM, hence, it's no longer yours. Gal 2:20

No need creating a mountain out of an ant hill.
Your theology amazes me,How do you mis-read scriptures like this.i explained it in the post.Go and reread

What happens at the point of Salvation?
1)Did you give your life to Christ or
2)You received the Life of Christ?
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
@Gombs
people giving themselves to the Lord was used only once in scripture.
2cor8:5:-.
it was not used for salvation,
it was used for service/commitment or better still CONSECRATION.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
@Gombs.
Gal2:20:-
Paul is not saying he gave his life to Christ here.
What he is saying is that Christ lives in him.and he(Paul) lives by the faith of the Son of God.
Where is vooks,scholar8200,jiggaz.?i need ur comment concerning what Gombs is saying here.
Cc Bingbagbo
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Jeromejnr(m): 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
"Heaven helps those who help themselves"

"God knows my heart..." When busy committing sin. Yes He does know your heart alright.

"Thinking that because you just said some 'repentance' prayer on your death bed.. When all this while you've been knowingly practising sin will get you to heaven"

Repentance is from the heart and not just mouthing words.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Scholar8200(m): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
sportsmaster:
@Gombs.
What he is saying is that Christ lives in him.and he(Paul) lives by the faith of the Son of God.
Where is vooks,scholar8200,jiggaz.?i need ur comment concerning what Gombs is saying here.
Cc Bingbagbo
He that will receive Life must surrender his life that his life may be hid/swallowed up with Christ(Who is The Life 1John1:2)in God!

For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
Matthew 16:25 AMP

We give our lives to Christ when we surrender to His Lordship and Control. This is a very necessary part if we are to be truly saved. Remember Paul when he encountered Christ,"Lord What wilt thou have me to do":that's the language of surrender.

9 And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who give heed and obey Him,
Hebrews 5:9

Also in Romans 10:9 talks of confessing with the mouth the LORD Jesus, suggesting that the faith in God's raising Him from the dead must be backed by a surrendering to, and confessing Him as your Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
sportsmaster:

GIVERS NEVER LACK

Really?it's usually said to encourage people to give with the idea that those who don't lack are that way because they give.

Luke 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
Luke 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luke 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Also

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luke 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luke 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

He wasn't giver.

Also

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
Mark 10:22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

He sure wasn't a giver.

1Tim 6:17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Tim 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

These guys were already rich but were just been taught to give and show good works!.

Let's check some givers;

-Paul
Act 20:34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. He had neccesities,which he supplied by working with his hands not via sowing seeds.

Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
Php 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Php 4:14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

-The church is Macedonia

2Co 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2Co 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
2Co 8:3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;

Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

Act 11:28 And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by the Spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
Act 11:29 Then the disciples, every man according to his ability, determined to send relief unto the brethren which dwelt in Judaea:
Rom 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Note:Ensure you read through before acting "voltron" for your pet doctrines! Givers do experience sufficiency and lack!Nothing is wrong with your faith or giving if you experience lack,at times its carelessness, lack of opportuinity, location, economy of country, foolishness, career path etc.!

So,give without your selfish motives being the motivation. Keep giving and keep trusting in the living God to meet your needs not because you gave but because He is your Father!

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Clear?

Grace to You!

This should be bookmarked by every believer
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
sportsmaster:

I enough space nau.I put enough paragraphs.

I didn't mean punctuations

firstly Know that,Giving in any form be it tithes,offerring,first fruits,seeds is not and never a pre-requisite to God's blessings.

Well, I never said giving is the only requisite for God's blessings... But however, giving is the only principle for receiving form God in the bible. Hence, give and it shall be given unto you

Can you point any successful man in the Bible that never gave?

Matt5:45 God makes his sun to rise on the evil and good,He sends his rain on the just and unjust.

undecided

God blesses the believer and the unbeliever materially.

No doubt... That's GOD'S PERMISSIBLE will... Ever heard of God's perfect will? It's for the believers ONLY.

So your giving is not a ticket to God's blessing. i explained it clearly in the Post about Giving,You did not read through it well.

Your post was, as usual, misconstrued. Don't blame me if I didn't get it.... And yes, giving is one of the ways of God's blessings, ask king David.

Your theology amazes me,How do you mis-read scriptures like this.i explained it in the post.Go and reread

Your stiff neckedness amazes me.

What happens at the point of Salvation?
1)Did you give your life to Christ or
2)You received the Life of Christ?

I accepted the sacrifice of Jesus, and declared Him Lord of my life, and believed the God raised Him from the dead... I exchanged my life for His... Because He's already taken my place... I just made it official, by signing the dotted lines.

Why don't you start a thread about this? I'm not saying, receiving Jesus into my life is a wrong construct, I'm saying you saying "giving my life to Jesus" is wrong, is a farce.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gombs:

Jesus was neither rich nor poor. Because of his commitment to public ministry, he lived off charity.

It's funny that people who have NOTHING can't be said to lack. I wonder what lack means to Gombs

And finally, the GIVE, you can bet Jesus was not telling church sheeple to give offerings seeing he was addressing his disciples. In all likelihood he was talking about charity and not ministerial support
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
sportsmaster:
@Gombs
people giving themselves to the Lord was used only once in scripture.
2cor8:5:-.
it was not used for salvation,
it was used for service/commitment or better still CONSECRATION.

See yourself?
Proverbs 23:26
My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Is this consecration? Who was talking here?

Stop saying "giving my heart to God" is wrong.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
sportsmaster:
@Gombs.

grin grin grin

See confusion.

Christ lives in Him...is different from he gave his heart to Christ abi?... Oya, clap for yourself.

What Paul was saying was that His life isn't his anymore... Simple.

Cc Bingbagbo

Calling for backups huh? grin grin

... You'd need more that backup o
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gombs:

Well, I never said giving is the only requisite for God's blessings... But however, giving is the only principle for receiving form God in the bible. Hence, give and it shall be given unto you

This is confusion on stilts.
Luke 19:1-2 Zaccheus was a rich man well before he met Christ what was he giving?

Step outside scriptures and tell me whether ONLY givers are rich. You probably work for a pagan boss grin
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
Scholar8200:
He that will receive Life must surrender his life that his life may be hid/swallowed up with Christ(Who is The Life 1John1:2)in God!

For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].

We give our lives to Christ when we surrender to His Lordship and Control. This is a very necessary part if we are to be truly saved. Remember Paul when he encountered Christ,"Lord What wilt thou have me to do":that's the language of surrender.

9 And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who give heed and obey Him,

Also in Romans 10:9 talks of confessing with the mouth the LORD Jesus, suggesting that the faith in God's raising Him from the dead must be backed by a surrendering to, and confessing Him as your Lord.

God bless you for the above bold... I hope some folks take notes... Cheers
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Scholar8200(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gombs:

[img]www.media0./media/N5ggKzJteVtGE/giphy.gif [/img]

God bless you for the above bold... I hope some folks take notes... Cheers
Amen, God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
vooks:

This is confusion on stilts.
Luke 19:1-2 Zaccheus was a rich man well before he met Christ what was he giving?

Luke 19:8
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

I really have tried avoiding you... Zac was a giver, smarty.

Step outside scriptures and tell me whether ONLY givers are rich. You probably work for a pagan boss grin

I've really tried to avoid you.. But, let me just drop this...

Bill Gates, for example, is an atheist, he's done so much philanthropy around the world,.. That's God's permissible will.. . God's principles of giving and receiving is for all.. Bill, however cannot cast out devils or heal the sick... Etc... Now, can you please stop quoting me?
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by vooks: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gombs:

Luke 19:8
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

I really have tried avoiding you... Zac was a giver, smarty.

I've really tried to avoid you.. But, let me just drop this...

Bill Gates, for example, is an atheist, he's done so much philanthropy around the world,.. That's God's permissible will.. . God's principles of giving and receiving is for all.. Bill, however cannot cast out devils or heal the sick... Etc... Now, can you please stop quoting me?

I take that back on Zaccheus. Don't you wish Oyaks gave half of his wealth to the poor instead of the urban legend of $1M?

Jesus,Paul and James blasted the wealthy. Obviously if the ultra-rich got there by their giving, there would have been no need to confront their attitudes.

Point is, there is zero biblical proof that givers never lack. Those are mantras that have been drilled down on you by your p!mp-pastas.

Please note your theology favors giving your pastas not charity

Bill Gates ventured into philanthropy once he was rich. So philanthropy has not made him rich. He started out in 2000 when his foundation was launched. By then he was a multi-billionaire. And he is catholic not atheist.

God's 'permissible will' is your silly excuse for inconsistencies your theories run into real life. You have been told by Jesus Himself that He makes His rain to fall on the just and the unjust. Think China ascendancy to global dominance. Has it got anything to do with their giving? When last did you hear of Kung Fu Aid?

1 Like

Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
grin grin grin

I thought as much...
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
Scholar8200:

the fact his we had nothing to give in the first place.
We were spiritually dead before Christ gave us LIFE.
Maybe you missed the context i was talking about.
I was talking in context of SALVATION,
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Gombs:

Luke 12:16 And he spake a parable unto
them, saying, The ground of a certain richman brought forth plentifully:
Luke 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou
fool, this night thy soul shall be required
of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luke 12:21 So is he that layeth up
treasure for himself, and is not rich
toward God.

Also

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man,
which was clothed in purple and fine
linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

Luke 16:20 And there was a certain
beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Luke 16:21 And desiring to be fed with
the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

He wasn't giver.

Also

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him
loved him, and said unto him, One thing
thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever
thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou
shalt have treasure in heaven: and come,
take up the cross, and follow me.

Mark 10:22 And he was sad at that saying,
and went away grieved: for he had great
possessions.

He sure wasn't a giver

.these men were not givers and yet they were rich.i posted it in the OP
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2015
sportsmaster:

Luke 12:16 And he spake a parable unto
them, saying, The ground of a certain richman brought forth plentifully:
Luke 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou
fool, this night thy soul shall be required
of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Luke 12:21 So is he that layeth up
treasure for himself, and is not rich
toward God.

Let me just pretend I didn't notice the bold... Besides that, all Jews were obligated to give... Why are you so sure this one didn't? undecided

Also

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man,
which was clothed in purple and fine
linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

Luke 16:20 And there was a certain
beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

Luke 16:21 And desiring to be fed with
the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

He wasn't giver.

grin grin grin

Hilarious.

Also

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him
loved him, and said unto him, One thing
thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever
thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou
shalt have treasure in heaven: and come,
take up the cross, and follow me.

Mark 10:22 And he was sad at that saying,
and went away grieved: for he had great
possessions.

He sure wasn't a giver

Was he a Jew? grin

.these men were not givers and yet they were rich.i posted it in the OP

grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Image123(m): 12:27am On Aug 23, 2015
Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

2Timothy2:14 also comes to mind.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 23, 2015
Gombs:

Let me just pretend I didn't notice the bold...
Did you read the Jesus spoke in Parables
Matt13:34:- all these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables:and without a parable spake he not unto them.
Vs35

then read Psalm78:2.
Jesus speaks in parables most of the time.

either its a parable or not.
there was a message in it.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Gombs(m): 6:47am On Aug 23, 2015
sportsmaster:

Did you read the Jesus spoke in Parables
Matt13:34:- all these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables:and without a parable spake he not unto them.
Vs35

then read Psalm78:2.
Jesus speaks in parables most of the time.

either its a parable or not.
there was a message in it.

Was He talking to the Jews about Jews or about Gentiles? If Jews, were they obligated to give?...

A Yes or no will be just fine. wink
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by winner01(m): 5:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
whoaa, ive missed a lot!!
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by jcross19: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
sportsmaster:

GIVERS NEVER LACK

Also

He wasn't giver.

Also

He sure wasn't a giver.

Let's check some givers;

-Paul

-The church is Macedonia

Clear?

Grace to You!
all your quotations did not match what you are saying sir. You talk about givers never lack but all your quotations are talking about challenges of being a child of God. The words " givers never lack" is not just words but a declaration of faith.
Re: Funny Things We Christians Say Without Checking by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
jcross19:
all your quotations did not match what you are saying sir. You talk about givers never lack but all your quotations are talking about challenges of being a child of God. The words " givers never lack" is not just words but a declaration of faith.

preach on bruh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Evil Disproves Atheism / Near Death Experince Of An Ex-jehovah Witness. / 8 Important Observations For A Godly Worship As Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.