Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,378 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief (24146 Views)

White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Ile-ife: The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by LORDSHAPIRO: 6:47am On Aug 22, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
up ile ife
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Dindondin(m): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2015
HsLBroker:
you will soon know

Amazing Facts About Ijebus:
1. Ijebus were the first people to
have contact with Europeans in 14th century.

2. Ijebus were the first tobe
educated by western education.

3. Ijebu is the largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.

4. First people to manufacture gears of wars
in history of Nigeria.

5. First people to contend the slavery extortion
in the region.

6. The first people to invent money made
from cowry shell, later made Coin
called"PANDORA" , which acceptable through
Africa
and Europe.

7. Ijebus were first settlement in
Lagos and Ibadan.

8. Ijebu is the only tribe in nigeria
that has its origin from bible days.

9. According to the Biblical
account;The Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe
who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its
conquest by King David

10. Ijebu was the first indigenious
CLERK to European missionaries.

11. The Europeans Observers found them
more intelligent than theother groups in
Nigeria.

12. When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu King(fifth
Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to
restore the sight.

13. Ijebu known for sociality,
integrity, and Hardwork .

14. Ijebu was the one to raise
agitation for emancipation from colonialism.

15. Ijebu King(Orimolusi) was second Oba
appointed by colonial master for London
conference in 1957 to negotiate
Independence.

16. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was the first
individual in the modern era to be named
Leader of the Yorubas (Asiwaju Omo Oodua)

17. The richest black woman in the world,Mrs
Folorunsho Alakija, is an Ijebu woman from
Ikorodu Lagos(waterside Ijebu)

18. Ijebu man was first Nigerian to
play in English premier league in early 60.

18. Ijebu famous with Egungun
festival,Agemo festival, Ileya festival etc.

19. Mike Adenuga, an Ijebu man was first
nigerian to singlehandedly own Oil Mining
and Telecomunicatio n (GLO)

20. Ijebu man was first musician to perform
outside the shore of Nigeria.

What a great National!

The Regional capital is Ijebu Ode.

The Commercial capital is Sagamu

The Spiritual capital is Ijebu Igbo
who asked you story?
Is this an achievement
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2015
omoiseselagba:
IJEBUS ARE NOT YORUBA.THAT IS THE TRUTH.WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE!

why do 100% of Ijebu people speaks in Yoruba without their Sudanese native language?
why is ijebu a yoruba language/word?
why is your town being ruled by an Oba?
why do you worship ogun, Ifa, Sango e.t.c? why are you in the South West?
why are you the Ijebus in Ogun state?
which of the type of Ijebus are you, is it Ijebu Igbo, ijebu remo or Ijebu Ode cause i'll tell you are a yoruba boy
why do you bear yoruba names?
why do you have same physique with the yorubas?

[b]Note:[/b]if your Ijebu is from sudan i'll tell you their are native yorubas in Ijebu kindom before you came

you better don't make yourself a slave in yoruba land cuz most of the Ijebus that i know claim they are yorubas okay?

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by bigass123(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Did you comment at gun point? Who force you to comment
Who beg for you to be interested... It baffles me how some people stylishly advertise "stoopi-dity" undecided
[/size]

tellwisdom:
Not interested undecided

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by bigass123(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Did you comment at gun point? Who force you to comment
Who beg for you to be interested... It baffles me how some people stylishly advertise "stoopi-dity" undecided
[/size]

tellwisdom:
Not interested undecided

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Jeezbaby(f): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Yoruba no dey carry last. Am proud to be one. grin
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2015
no time to waste, i will come back when i close at the site.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by sportfeva(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
macof:

Oduduwa was never from mecca. ..nd the Oduduwa said to come via a chain was a spiritual stuff explained in symbolism
Y'all should get familiar with yoruba traditions
Dude, you haven't typed anything, only to rebuff. Share your knowledge if you know.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by macof(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
scully95:

"8. Ijebu is the only tribe in nigeria
that has its origin from bible days.

9. According to the Biblical
account;The Jebusites were a Canaanite tribe
who inhabited and built Jerusalem prior to its
conquest by King David

11. The Europeans Observers found them
more intelligent than theother groups in
Nigeria.

12. When Oduduwa was blind, Ijebu King(fifth
Awujale) was the one to provide remedy to
restore the sight.

14. Ijebu was the one to raise
agitation for emancipation from colonialism."

I think you are on indian hemp.. Or you meant the Ijebus were the first to sell out their traditional religion or beliefs to the European in other words saboteurs, puppets and proxies in Yoruba land..

What's this? obviously you are the one on indian hemp

2 Likes

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by sportfeva(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
macof:

Oduduwa was never from mecca. ..nd the Oduduwa said to come via a chain was a spiritual stuff explained in symbolism
Y'all should get familiar with yoruba traditions
Dude, you haven't typed anything, only to rebuff. Share your knowledge. you know.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by ikachi1: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
Oduduwa was a Benin man who was to be executed but let go by the executioners and advised not to come back to Benin. He established his kingdom at Ile-Ife. That explained why the first Oba of Benin was the grandson of Oduduwa. There were over 30 Ogisos (Title of the former kings of Benin) before the first Oba. People should get the story right. The Binis also founded Lagos and named it Eko. Their kingdom extended to the present day Benin republic.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by macof(m): 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
ikachi1:
Oduduwa was a Benin man who was to be executed but let go by the executioners and advised not to come back to Benin. He established his kingdom at Ile-Ife. That explained why the first Oba of Benin was the grandson of Oduduwa. There were over 30 Ogisos (Title of the former kings of Benin) before the first Oba. People should get the story right. The Binis also founded Lagos and named it Eko. Their kingdom extended to the present day Benin republic.

1. Oduduwa doesn't fit ur little Ekaladerhan personality
2. Bini did not found lagos. ..Aworis did
3. The areas of Present day Benin republic were Bini were present was the Bight (sea area) with no sociopolitical organization

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by MisterG: 6:26am On Aug 24, 2015
saxywale:

okay. According to the Awujale of ijebu land, you must surely be from Sudan just like the man in the pic below. Except ode-remo ijebu people that are from il-ode and i-remo quarters in ile ife.

You mean South Sudan.

This is Sudan

[img]http://sudanembassy.com.pk/ar/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Afra-mool.jpg[/img]

and South Sudan/Darfur

Big difference within a big country.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by macof(m): 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
MisterG:

You mean South Sudan.

This is Sudan

[img]http://sudanembassy.com.pk/ar/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Afra-mool.jpg[/img]

and South Sudan/Darfur

Big difference within a big country.

so these are the brothers of the Ijebu and not their fellow South westerners?
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by MisterG: 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
macof:

so these are the brothers of the Ijebu and not their fellow South westerners?

So all of them look like south westerners to you? LOL
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by macof(m): 12:28am On Aug 25, 2015
MisterG:

So all of them look like south westerners to you? LOL
does it matter what they look to me?

you posted the images. ..I should be asking what ur intent was

any way. ..my question is still valid.
are those (Any or both of the groups) people whose images you posted true Ijebu brethren.?

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by MisterG: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
macof:

does it matter what they look to me?

you posted the images. ..I should be asking what ur intent was

any way. ..my question is still valid.
are those (Any or both of the groups) people whose images you posted true Ijebu brethren.?

Brothers of humanity yes, since all humans on earth is basically related or 50 cousins away from each other. When living in Sudan did i hear anything about Ijebu people. No Most people do not know anything about Nigeria besides footballers. However if you want to draw connection, some of the languages in the South Kordofan are of the Niger-Congo family. Other than that, no one in Sudan knows the Ijebu people. Most people in Sudan are more knowledgeable of their neighbors Egyptian, Ethiopians, Eritreans, South Sudanese now different country, Chadians etc. Nigeria is further from people minds, since we do not border you.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by macof(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
MisterG:

Brothers of humanity yes, since all humans on earth is basically related or 50 cousins away from each other. When living in Sudan did i hear anything about Ijebu people. No Most people do not know anything about Nigeria besides footballers. However if you want to draw connection, some of the languages in the South Kordofan are of the Niger-Congo family. Other than that, no one in Sudan knows the Ijebu people. Most people in Sudan are more knowledgeable of their neighbors Egyptian, Ethiopians, Eritreans, South Sudanese now different country, Chadians etc. Nigeria is further from people minds, since we do not border you.
ok you are Sudanese

glad to know that Y'all don't know the Ijebus. ..so Awujale must have been mistaken
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Ndipe(m): 4:40am On Jun 28, 2016
What are the proofs?
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Enahi(f): 7:35am On Jun 28, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
The Orun Oba Ado Shrine is still in Ile-Ife in Oduduwa Street. The presence of the shrine shows that the practice of buring the head of any dead oba of Benin in Ile-Ife may still be in practice.

You are very wrong in your comment there was nothing like the head of Benin Oba been burid in ile-ife. It is not written in Benin history and also not in Yoruba history books. Please until a proper archaeological evidence proves that there was such a practice people should stop spreading lies.

And leave bini out of this, it's about Yoruba and not bini.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Enahi(f): 7:44am On Jun 28, 2016
macof:

1. Oduduwa doesn't fit ur little Ekaladerhan personality
2. Bini did not found lagos. ..Aworis did
3. The areas of Present day Benin republic were Bini were present was the Bight (sea area) with no sociopolitical organization

Sad that you aren't as educated as I though, anyway nobody is dragging your Oduduwa history with you. Your history is different from bini. There is no point dragging anything with people who rely more on Oral history as their source of proof for their existence.

The true founders of Lagos is still in dispute if I can remember clearly due to a difference in date when Lagos was been inhabited by both d Aworis and bini. There is no evidence to actually prove that the Aworis ot binis were the first settlers so I disagree with Yoruba history on Aworis been the first settlers in Lagos. It's not like i care anyway but Yorubas should stop trying to force what's not on people.
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by macof(m): 11:49am On Jun 28, 2016
Enahi:

Sad that you aren't as educated as I though, anyway nobody is dragging your Oduduwa history with you. Your history is different from bini. There is no point dragging anything with people who rely more on Oral history as their source of proof for their existence.

The true founders of Lagos is still in dispute if I can remember clearly due to a difference in date when Lagos was been inhabited by both d Aworis and bini. There is no evidence to actually prove that the Aworis ot binis were the first settlers so I disagree with Yoruba history on Aworis been the first settlers in Lagos. It's not like i care anyway but Yorubas should stop trying to force what's not on people.

stop saying nonsense. everyone knows Aworis founded Lagos. . when Oba Orhogbua sent his son to Lagos the aworis were already there
the bini connection started when the Idejo chiefs invited Ado to be King

1 Like

Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by scully95: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Consultville:

4. [s]According to historians, the town's habitation can be traced as far back as 350 BCE The meaning of the word "ife" in the Yoruba language is "expansion;" "Ile-Ife" means in reference to the myth of origin "The House of Expansion"[/s]

this is a lie.. ile ife existed 10,000 bc.. those historians are foreign sponsored.. last ooni of ife said ile ife existed 10,000bc..

51 x 100 - 5100 years.. if you are saying 350 bc... first ooni if ife would be in the year 5100 years back.. if you assume each ooni spent a century old..

where is your logics..

fake info.. do the math
Re: Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief by Ayobami7(m): 2:48pm On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ethnic Groups in Nigeria, Less Than 40 / Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown / Chinua Achebe To Be Buried At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.