Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,260 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Extortionists At The Airports - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Extortionists At The Airports (38123 Views)

FG Approves Concession Of Lagos, Abuja Airports / Screening Of Passengers Begin At Nigerian Airports Against Ebola Outbreak. Photo / Airports Authority Increases Access Gate Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by meforyou1(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Reminds me of how these customs criminals had defrauded me at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja 4 good times coming from UK on the same British Airways.
Even when I told them I had nothing to declare, they would insist I open the bags and would start billing based on how costly the materials were
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
Is that why the comptroller general of custom,Abdullahi dikko, resigned?
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by hedonistic: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Customs is arguably the most 'lucrative' government job in Nigeria. Not even Buhari can change that.

That's why real "change" has to be systemic and institutional - not the strongman-driven model of the sort propagated by Buhari and the APC.

2 Likes

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
There was also a time a guest in the hotel I worked complained that her goods were stolen in her luggage by custom officials after they do their normal stop and search.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by adonbilivit: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Iyke1998:
Hmmm
That was how they seized the two PSP my friend brought for me from USA..
ur Frnd lied

5 Likes

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Sixtustony(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
Which way Nigeria
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by cococandy(f): 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Corruption is at our core and it hurts me that they do this collectively as a means to get income from poor travelers. Is there like no one among them that can say "this is wrong. Let's stop it."
Instead we will always look at other countries as if they are the cause of our problems while in truth we are the ones who treat each other like dirt.

That's how one was telling me that I'm not allowed to travel with more than two pieces braid hair extensions unless I pay for the rest. Something That's obviously a lie.how much is the thing that I'll even want to pay for it in order to pass. His goal was to make me pay or miss my flight.

Our wickedness to each other is epic.

3 Likes

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
#Buhariphobia: » “Contraband Wedding Gown seized from a bride at airport by Custom officer:
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Iyke1998(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
adonbilivit:
ur Frnd lied
You think so.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by SaviorJenvini(m): 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
See lie. I fear u

Zane2point4:
I even paid 5k for some tubers of yam I was taking with me to Indonesia the oda day.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by DFemaleBoss(f): 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by adonbilivit: 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Iyke1998:

You think so.
yeah. was kidding, but he could have lied

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by peter4d2(m): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Money charged by police men @ busstops was given 2 my mum wen she asked 4 help 4rm dem because she failed 2 carry r purse n 4rm dat day up till now she has seized reigning causes as do every oda person even rebuke us sumtimes wen we do diss them infront of her.
My own remarks is dat in naija we hv lost sight of wat his wrong n right if those people coming 4rm abroad patronize made in naija I suggest d customs shuld charge dem double.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Iyke1998(m): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
adonbilivit:
yeah. was kidding, but he could have lied

Nah he didn't..
Those custom guys did it without his knowledge,it was later he found out is bag was tampered with..
I would rather say they stole it...

Those guys are so crazy...
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by adisarasaq(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Fighting corruption in The Customs alone will take PMB more than 4yrs, every customs officer is an organization on their own always looking for way to generate income apart from their salary

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by MadCow1: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
On a flight back from Paris into Port Harcourt airport, as I arrive with my two suitcases, Omo one guy had over 20 suitcases all matching in color. All the Airport Porters just carry the guy suitcases form convoy dey commot.. Nobody stop am at all.. The Customs Oya just stand there like traffic warden dey pass the guy through both customs and NDLEA..

Then comes my turn;

Customs Woman: Welcome Sir, Can we see what's in your Luggage.

Me: No.

Customs: Why?

Me: If you didn't search that guy with 20 plus luggages that passed here, then you are not searching me.

Customs: **Bewildered look** Can I see your boarding pass.

*Hand it over*

Customs: Find us something dey go..

LOL..

5 Likes

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by MadCow1: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
adisarasaq:
Fighting corruption in The Customs alone will take PMB more than 4yrs, every customs officer is an organization on their own always looking for way to generate income apart from their salary

The most lucrative postings for a Customs Officer:

1. Airports with International Flights.. Prime spot being Lagos.

2. Apapa and Tincan Ports..

Most lucrative posting for Immigrations Officers:

1. Murtala Muhammed Airport

2. Passport Office.

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Vithouston: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
I think the fight against corruption chould extend to issues like these.
It's really shameful how officers disgrace themselves for money.

I prefer the police to the customs. these guys are born criminals.

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Chris95(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Customs is synanymous wif corruption.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by adonbilivit: 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Iyke1998:

Nah he didn't..
Those custom guys did it without his knowledge,it was later he found out is bag was tampered with..
I would rather say they stole it...

Those guys are so crazy...
I am adonbilivit.don't blame me. I bliv u now bro
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by chinnyness122(f): 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin ;DSai baba

Zero corruption grin
.... Still watching in 3D
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Iyke1998(m): 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
adonbilivit:
I am adonbilivit.don't blame me. I bliv u now bro

Lmao...thank God u now blivit.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by tellwisdom: 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
How come I don't get to meet these people? ?....E don tey wey I slap person angry ...Shey I no go play go airport so?? sad

3 Likes

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by oramaster: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
tellwisdom:
How come I don't get to meet these people? ?....E don tey wey I slap person angry ...Shey I no go play go airport so?? sad

My broda na true o. E be like say joy dey for airport o. Cos slapping those mescreants feels joyful.
hahahaha grin
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by evesdon4u: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
Small time we go talk say na Police bad abi!
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Daniel058(m): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
adonbilivit:
"its Don jazzy again" I know, what the hell is "its lady F again"?
adonbilivit!!!so u dey vex with am coz of im swag? ? Adonbilivit!! !!! ! cool
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by adonbilivit: 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Daniel058:
adonbilivit!!!so u dey vex with am coz of im swag? ? Adonbilivit!! !!! ! cool
who I dey vex with? LadyF abi Don baba J?
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Daniel058(m): 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
adonbilivit:
who I dey vex with? LadyF abi Don baba J?
adonbilivit!! I think u dey vex with ladyF.. . Adonbilivit !! grin
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by adonbilivit: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Daniel058:
adonbilivit!! I think u dey vex with ladyF.. . Adonbilivit !! grin
I am actually digging that slogan of hers, tbh. when ever she says "it's ladyf again" a funny mental picture of a lady is what comes to my head. just messing with her ni. hope "biliv" me? if not Gerrara here. grin

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by zik4ever: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
Very relevant thread. But seriously, what is the limit (if any) of personal (non-commercial) items like clothes/shoes for self and family, children shoes, perfume etc that one can bring into the country?. These customs guys at the airports sometimes do random stop and search e.g. if you have big, bulky or bulging bags or several bags. Is it about size or quantity? Even when you carry obviously personal items, they still want to exploit and extort you so brazenly.

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Mznaett: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) / Big Birds Of The Sky; Incredible Paintings Of World’s Leading Aircraft / FAAN Releases Lists Of Prohibited Items For Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.