Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Extortionists At The Airports - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Extortionists At The Airports (38127 Views)

FG Approves Concession Of Lagos, Abuja Airports / Screening Of Passengers Begin At Nigerian Airports Against Ebola Outbreak. Photo / Airports Authority Increases Access Gate Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Zane2point4(m): 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
SaviorJenvini:
See lie. I fear u

oga travel and see, some of our peeps down there buy it at an added price cos dey dont grown it down dia, dnt say things u aint sure of.

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Daniel058(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
adonbilivit:
I am actually digging that slogan of hers, tbh. when ever she says "it's ladyf again" a funny mental picture of a lady is what comes to my head. just messing with her ni. hope "biliv" me? if not Gerrara here. grin
Lol grin
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Endtimepastor(m): 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Custom officers need Jesus.... That's the only solution to this problem
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by malikisah: 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
A very embarrassing something! I have been everywhere around the world, only in Nigeria 's departure and arrival points have I have been asked the silliest of questions all geared towards extortion. Everything said in this piece is true. A lot of travellers can collaborate!
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by ManTiger(m): 11:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
dapsin999:
Hmm a bit of truth but that of Senegalese traders serves them right. They buy 3k ankara here in bulk take it to Senegal to sow then come back here to sell from 30k to as high as 200k each. Haba Daris God o
Dem force you buy?
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nigeria Police,Custom,Immigration and former Nepa(PHCN) are the most corrupt agencies in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by shut(f): 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
espn:
U will only get lucky for the first time and I will b so determined to ruin the custom officers life when next am bin extorted. My hidden camera device will be so glad to capture the next YOUTUBE celebrity.

Lol@next YouTube celebrity cheesy
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Bobnotrouble: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
The corrupt officials are still dancing to the previous music that has been changed. Their waterloo is very near. I wish the authority can accompany the lady after the wedding to the Airport to weedout the corrupt officials.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
All these yorobahmen in uniform will just be occupying space fr serious men to work.

Dey have seen Nigerians don't value their hard earned cash nau. Why don't we capture their names on their chest or video them and viralize it ?

2 Likes

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by 1miccza: 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Oya Buhari let was frobe zem walahi....
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Dallazday(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
some legendary liars have turned this tread to a lying zone
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by chukssnkeze: 12:10am On Aug 22, 2015
Someone carry 10 pieces of attachment in check in bag and they will tell you its commercial quantity, at the check in counter its worse custom, ndlea, anti bomb and sss now do the work of quarantine
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
I know the reason why they extort money from international passengers, You're the cause.

Try not to give them the anything.
One time was coming back to naija, they tried to take $600 from me, that that day them know say cool guys can turn to Agbero real quick.
Their oga come dey beg me.
If them see me now, i go give them money willingly.

why dem wan collect $600 from you?
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by chigoizie7(m): 12:45am On Aug 22, 2015
dapsin999:
Hmm a bit of truth but that of Senegalese traders serves them right. They buy 3k ankara here in bulk take it to Senegal to sow then come back here to sell from 30k to as high as 200k each. Haba Daris God o

Na una wey de mumu de buy ankara 200k, dem use diamond thread sew am? When be say, wale, my yoruba tailor for awka here de always give me any design I want perfectly, both the ankara and labor no go pass 10k
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by islandmoon: 1:01am On Aug 22, 2015
i remember when my brother sent me a blackberry 5years ago, the custom officer asked me to fly down to Lagos to collect it saying it was held by custom, am i suppose to pay for flight to and fro cos of a phone? the phone is still with them till date.
Nigerian customs are worst compare to the police

even when you have paid custom duty, they will say you must pay 1,000 at every check point from idi iroko to sango, and the fools have about 10 check points along that road, but i have a solution to that problem sha, i always travel with a soldier to drive the car for me, i rather give my military friend the money than paying bribes to idiots .

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by AleAirHub(m): 2:32am On Aug 22, 2015
islandmoon:
i remember when my brother sent me a blackberry 5years ago, the custom offer asked me to fly down to Lagos to collect it saying it was held by custom, am i suppose to pay for flight to and fro cos of a phone? the phone is still with them till date.
Nigerian customs are worst compare to the police

even when you have paid custom duty, they will say you must pay 1,000 at every check point from idi iroko to sango, and the fools have about 10 check points along that road, but i have a solution to that problem sha, i always travel with a soldier to drive the car for me, i rather give my military friend the money than paying bribes to idiots .
Wise talk.... That idea will be use during my travel again.....

1 Like

Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 22, 2015
hbatagarawa:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/extortionists-at-the-airports/217993/
lets take it to tweeter....so that mr president do something.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by lonelydora: 4:48am On Aug 22, 2015
adonbilivit:
when Buhari Remembers customs, all these would end.

Their Oga don first run (resign) before PMB go remember am.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Buhari body language will soon change all that
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by BlueMagic2(m): 5:54am On Aug 22, 2015
I remember them trying to pull sht like this on me, the last time i was in Nigeria. I told them i wasn't paying sht. Either they seized or let me the go. At the end of the day the immigration guy started begging me to take my stuff. They can only ride you , if you let em. Why do Nigerians settle for sht like this. When everyone stops giving them money, eventually they'd stop.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Reference(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2015
They say once Buhari is elected corruption will end. As if anyone is named corruption you can simply arrest and detain. Alas those that shout change, the very elements that suffer the effects, the average Nigerian remains corrupt, practices corruption daily and lives a corrupt life. All they seek is a lightning rod to blame for their woes, the nationwide effect of their acts. I see corruption everywhere I go despite the new government and it is easy to project what ridding government (at the top only) of corruption will be on our national economy and psyche is when it (government) amounts to just fractions of the population, economy and our collective aspirations.

Corruption is a national problem and not just a government-in-office problem. Changing heads of parastatals will do little when the next in line are equally tainted. I always say, how does a minister steal a billion naira without an office of assistants, bankers and secretaries who will all have to be 'settled'. Is it just the minister who is culpable. And we know what happens when you cut the head of a weed, it multiplies. Corruption post Buhari WILL MULTIPLY if only heads are cut. If you doubt me read your history and find out what happened after Buhari 1985.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by meforyou1(m): 7:17am On Aug 22, 2015
MadCow1:

The most lucrative postings for a Customs Officer:

1. Airports with International Flights.. Prime spot being Lagos.

2. Apapa and Tincan Ports..

Most lucrative posting for Immigrations Officers:

1. Murtala Muhammed Airport

2. Passport Office.

u forgot seme border and idiroko
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by rman: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2015
This rubbish have been going for years. They impounded two wristwatches and a pair of new shoes that I must pay duty on them. Me wey all their Ogas are my friends. I just told them to keep it. Less than 24hrs later...my stuffs was brought to my house without paying kobo.

FYI, there has been a circular to all custom officers not to impound personal effects but they still do it. If u know your right, you can actually get someone fired.
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Zehner(f): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2015
cococandy:
Corruption is at our core and it hurts me that they do this collectively as means to get income from poor travelers. Is there like no one among them that can say "this is wrong. Let's stop it."
Instead we will always look at other countries as if they are the cause of our problems while in truth we are the ones who treat each outer like dirt.

That's how one was telling me that I'm not allowed to travel with more than two pieces braid hair extensions unless I pay for the rest. Something That's obviously a lie.how much is the thing that I'll even want to pay for it in order to pass. His goal was to make me pay or miss my flight.

Our wickedness to each other is epic.
what you do is open a pack of extension and stuff it up with as much as you can. That's the trick people use. Don't mind them. Mtsheeeeeeew
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Zehner(f): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2015
First time I travelled. They kept asking me for Cola when I strong face give the idiot he let me go. Cola ko Cooler ni!
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by naijaboiy: 8:12am On Aug 22, 2015
rman:

You guys should stop quoting her. By doing so, u give her the attention she craves and indirectly giving the phuck u claimed not to give. Just ignore ehn
I swear whoever is behind that moniker really needs to grow up. undecided
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by Natifa(f): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2015
LOL247:

the babe no sabi.. Na newbie.. Na there she suppose undresss, wear the wedding gown and shoe put the former dress for luggage and turn to officer then ask "Duty for what? the dress I'm wearing?"

funny but very reasonable. Might try it one of this days
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by youngalex(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2015
Corruption is in every facet of our society,the customs,ndlea,police,nnpc and phcn are all enmeshed in deep rooted corruption,at times I don't blame them cos the salary paid by the government is not encouraging..I postulate the following measures
...Increase of minimum wage from #18,000 to #36,000
...National Anti-Corruption policy which will be developed by the National Assembly and assented by the president, made available in all offices both private and public....Every employee(both private and public sector) will be given a copy, signed and returned....This policy will be made public and every individual will have access to the anti-corruption helpline where you can send the name and office of any corrupt officer you meet anywhere for disciplinary action
...Developing a systematic approach in the fight against corruption through electronic payment platform....such that monies will be paid directly to the bank not through the officers
....Balanced Probe and total seizure of assets of corrupt public office holders

This and many more if effectively implemented will be a permanent check against corruption
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by promise3048(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2015
meforyou1:
Reminds me of how these customs criminals had defrauded me at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja 4 good times coming from UK on the same British Airways.
Even when I told them I had nothing to declare, they would insist I open the bags and would start billing based on how costly the materials were
sharrap dat ur mouth my friend u don see where plane land for ur life before,see u see british airways
Re: Extortionists At The Airports by meforyou1(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2015
promise3048:
sharrap dat ur mouth my friend u don see where plane land for ur life before,see u see british airways
u are an immbecile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.