Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG (19644 Views)

NYSC: How Employers Use Corps Members As Slaves – Coordinator, Attah / NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members / NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Notion(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
I see
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by senatorken01(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Abeg, NYSC foundation follow for this loan... make I go dust my proposal again for submission grin
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by IYANGBALI: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
na now school go dey hungry vickyrotex,rokiatu,eleko!,barcanista and mukina2 grin
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by slap1(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
They should please make this thing optional really quickly.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by omojeesu(m): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
GOOD! VERY GOOD, IF CORRUPTION CATS AND RATS WILL ALLOW!!
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by hekkyboi: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Friday said it had secured over N200 million bank facility for disbursement to corps members as loans to enbale them start their businesses.

Director-General of the corps, said this when the Commander, Guards Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brig.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, paid a familiarisation visit to the NYSC Headquarters in Abuja.

“That has been a challenge; we train these corps members in the camp after the camp we have partners all over the country where corps members also receive training throughout the service year.

“Now, the issue is that when they get this training they don’t have start-up capital but we have been doing a lot to see there is opportunity for them to get startup capital. We have the NYSC foundation as we speak, the NYSC foundation has just approved loan worth N10 million for corps members.

“ Corps members based on the business plan they submit could get as much as N250, 000 and N400, 000. We have also signed an MoU with Bank of Industry though it is yet to take off but we are working on it.

“ A couple of months ago, I also approached Heritage Bank and Heritage Bank is setting aside the sum of N200 million under a package where corps members will get a soft loan and the only collateral they will have to drop will be their discharge certificate.

“ We are also talking with Central Bank Governor to see that a micro credit loan could be arranged specially to address corps members in this category.” He debunked allegations that the corps has yet to provide skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development to corps members, adding that the exercise had been ongoing since 2012.

According to Olawumi, the NYSC has so far trained over 400,000 corps members since the commencement of its skills acquisition programme in over 12 different skills.
He said that the NYSC, under the sponsorship of the World Bank, was currently partnering with an international organisation to train corps members interested in going into the building and property development sector.

Olawumi also called on the Guards Brigade to continue to assist the NYSC in ensuring the safety of corps members serving in the Federal Capital Territory as well as those serving in other states.

The director-general also directed the Director, Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) of the corps, Mrs Mary Dan-Abia, to commence partnership with the brigade’s skills acquisition centre in Keffi, Nassarawa State.
Earlier, Brig.-Gen. Yusuf assured the NYSC that the brigade had made adequate security arrangements to ensure the safety of corps members serving in FCT. Yusuf said that part of the security arrangements put in place included regular patrolling of the FCT, adding the safety of corps members was one of the priorities of the Guards Brigade.

He also assured the NYSC boss that the brigade would continue to support and partner with the corps in the area of training of corps members and other related needs. “I am here on behalf of the Guards Brigade, officers and their families to commend you on the collaboration and support we have received from the NYSC so far.

“ I want to promise that this collaboration, support and understanding will be maintained. “ If there is anything we need to improve on in terms of our relationship or training to new corps members or any other area the Guards Brigade is here to support and assist.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nysc-secures-n200m-bank-facility-for-disbursement-to-corps-members-as-loans-dg/

ppeople wey go sifon d pepper don dey on board. I trust dem. even before one will get the grant sef u gas drop something on ground
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Donlewis(m): 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
bravoooo!!! I think its a welcome development in that lite. but the collateral is not a good idea
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Donlewis(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
bravoooo!!! I think its a welcome development in that lite. but the collateral is not a good idea( discharge certificate) let dem think of smth else
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by kennytidistar(m): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
some of you dont even know this program started since 2012
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by millionboi(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
U must knw sombdy dat knws sombdy
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by anigold(m): 9:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Friday said it had secured over N200 million bank facility for disbursement to corps members as loans to enbale them start their businesses.

Director-General of the corps, said this when the Commander, Guards Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brig.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, paid a familiarisation visit to the NYSC Headquarters in Abuja.

“That has been a challenge; we train these corps members in the camp after the camp we have partners all over the country where corps members also receive training throughout the service year.

“Now, the issue is that when they get this training they don’t have start-up capital but we have been doing a lot to see there is opportunity for them to get startup capital. We have the NYSC foundation as we speak, the NYSC foundation has just approved loan worth N10 million for corps members.

“ Corps members based on the business plan they submit could get as much as N250, 000 and N400, 000. We have also signed an MoU with Bank of Industry though it is yet to take off but we are working on it.

“ A couple of months ago, I also approached Heritage Bank and Heritage Bank is setting aside the sum of N200 million under a package where corps members will get a soft loan and the only collateral they will have to drop will be their discharge certificate.

“ We are also talking with Central Bank Governor to see that a micro credit loan could be arranged specially to address corps members in this category.” He debunked allegations that the corps has yet to provide skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development to corps members, adding that the exercise had been ongoing since 2012.

According to Olawumi, the NYSC has so far trained over 400,000 corps members since the commencement of its skills acquisition programme in over 12 different skills.
He said that the NYSC, under the sponsorship of the World Bank, was currently partnering with an international organisation to train corps members interested in going into the building and property development sector.

Olawumi also called on the Guards Brigade to continue to assist the NYSC in ensuring the safety of corps members serving in the Federal Capital Territory as well as those serving in other states.

The director-general also directed the Director, Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) of the corps, Mrs Mary Dan-Abia, to commence partnership with the brigade’s skills acquisition centre in Keffi, Nassarawa State.
Earlier, Brig.-Gen. Yusuf assured the NYSC that the brigade had made adequate security arrangements to ensure the safety of corps members serving in FCT. Yusuf said that part of the security arrangements put in place included regular patrolling of the FCT, adding the safety of corps members was one of the priorities of the Guards Brigade.

He also assured the NYSC boss that the brigade would continue to support and partner with the corps in the area of training of corps members and other related needs. “I am here on behalf of the Guards Brigade, officers and their families to commend you on the collaboration and support we have received from the NYSC so far.

“ I want to promise that this collaboration, support and understanding will be maintained. “ If there is anything we need to improve on in terms of our relationship or training to new corps members or any other area the Guards Brigade is here to support and assist.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nysc-secures-n200m-bank-facility-for-disbursement-to-corps-members-as-loans-dg/

i really hope the buharist wont say its started during buhari's administration.. When i served in lagos 2012 some corpers with excellent business plans were given loads of over N300k each..

Its a nice development,this will really helped the enterpreneurs....

1 Like

Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by anigold(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
Donlewis:
bravoooo!!! I think its a welcome development in that lite. but the collateral is not a good idea

its a good idea without collateral some dudes will get the loan and buy iphone6 for the dumb-ass girlfriends instead of investing in their planned businesses...
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by anigold(m): 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
Freemanan:
WAITING FOR THEM TO APPROVE INCREASE IN ALLOWANCES... DAZALL..

GOOD DEVELOPMENT OLAWUNMI

you may wait till 2030, when we have gluttonic senators with N50M clothing allowance and greedy politicians...
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by appini: 9:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
If you put eyes for old man shoes, you nor go wear shoes till you die.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by nationwide1(m): 9:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
These NYSC people are comedians.

So the loan they promised 2011/12 batches and even seized (withheld) some corp members' discharge certificate on top don die natural death ba?

If the scheme cannot be improved, it should be scrapped.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by VickyRotex(f): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
IYANGBALI:
na now school go dey hungry vicky.rotex,roki.atu,el.eko!,barca.nista and muk.ina2 grin

Na you need am pass!

cheesy How far with your Post jamb for UNILORIN? I hear sey na 15 you score. cry cry
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by folks4luv(f): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
And he still refused to announce batch c pop date?
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by benitwater(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
ok move,sai Nigeria
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by IYANGBALI: 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
VickyRotex:

Na you need am pass!

cheesy How far with my Post jamb for UNILORIN? I hear sey na 15 i score. cry cry
eyaaaaaaaaaaa,sorry,just forget school,you no get brain to go school,go and start selling guguru and epa or roasted yam and stewgrin
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by fredosky111(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Make den try increase allawi na d main d koko b dat.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Lobolintin(m): 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Product of SAED.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Nonychinonso(m): 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
given loan to corps member is a Gud move bt federal government should ensure there is a Gud economy for business to be profitable so thy can be able to pay back,
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by JohnQueen(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Nice! Looking forward to getting one...that's if our oga at the top go allow
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
Immanueladebol:
I hope d monies ill gt to deir destinatn
One day in CDs some people came and told us of the this DG scheme, that many corp members are not aware. We were told that some money have being allocated to each state to assist corp members when they pass out, that we have to write a good/viable business proposal and submit to them at the NYSC in the department in charge. That after all necessary process if they see its a good business venture and you can follow through that NYSC would release the funds, that it may not be all too...

The next week see as NYSC Secretariat full with business proposals...
But my concern is that those that we where told that there proposal was accepted... some signed and not all the money signed was given to them, some proposal was just on paper and the officials know about it but allowed because of the money they will share)

Imagine a proposal that was approved in Youwin and Youwin gave the guy the money, we edit the money part and somethings, balance everything and submit, we were told it pass the first stage, we would be called for verification, na go and come back the next day till we pass out, we were not told if they money was released or not...
That's how some people complain the same thing...

I hope DG put things in place to checkmate stealing of proposals for their personal use, and funds looting. But the scheme is good too
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Adet5(m): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
senatorken01:
Abeg, NYSC foundation follow for this loan... make I go dust my proposal again for submission grin
pls i need a copy of ur proposal i wan use am as a guide plssss okedokunb@gmail.com is my mail
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by juliusjulius: 10:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hi nairalanders, I apologize for bothering you with my problems. I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session. My dad is late and my mum is not bouyant enough to pay, I heard that late registration that will attract an extra fee of #2000 has already started. The fees is around #27,000 minus accomodation. I don't mind if it's a loan or if I have to work for it, I just want to have a university degree. Help me, I don't want to become a 'dropout'. Help me in becoming a better person. Life is about to deny me life, help in rescuing me. Thanks in anticipation. 07018038211
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by harry509: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
FREEEMANAN:

if and only if d money wil get 2 d ryte hand bcus during my time it was scam.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by WhoDeyThere(m): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
NYSC officials are the greatest scammers recently.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by VickyRotex(f): 10:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
IYANGBALI:
eyaaaaaaaaaaa,sorry,just forget school,you no get brain to go school,go and start selling guguru and epa or roasted yam and stewgrin

Ori e ti gbagi cheesy angry angry
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Frank3n2(m): 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx / Physically Challenged Corper: I Lived On 1500 A Month Sometimes / Insecurity: Over 100 Corps Members Withdraw From Saturday’s Election Duty In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.