Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG (19646 Views)

NYSC: How Employers Use Corps Members As Slaves – Coordinator, Attah / NYSC: Avoid Unnecessary Journey – DG To Corps Members / NYSC Issues 6-point Warning To Corps Members In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by noblegrex: 10:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
This would have been better of than some unreasonable people coming here to talk trash bout how to b self employed when there's no start up capital.I just wonder what they're thinking as if u have d money bt u just want to remain jobless yoursef.I think this is a good idea if made possible,n Nigeria will b a better place for youth atleast.to some extent.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Freemanan:
WAITING FOR THEM TO APPROVE INCREASE IN ALLOWANCES... DAZALL..

GOOD DEVELOPMENT OLAWUNMI
hah! So u never still serve? Guy u don old ooh! Since 1997 wey u finish sch cheesycheesycheesy pls go and serve, stop waiting for increment first joor.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by MrsAnyanwu(f): 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
wizzyrich:
I heard alawi has bin increased. Let it be true in my turn o, 19k too small
I hear say na 49,800 per person...
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Immanueladebol(m): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
dptrix:

One day in CDs some people came and told us of the this DG scheme, that many corp members are not aware. We were told that some money have being allocated to each state to assist corp members when they pass out, that we have to write a good/viable business proposal and submit to them at the NYSC in the department in charge. That after all necessary process if they see its a good business venture and you can follow through that NYSC would release the funds, that it may not be all too...

The next week see as NYSC Secretariat full with business proposals...
But my concern is that those that we where told that there proposal was accepted... some signed and not all the money signed was given to them, some proposal was just on paper and the officials know about it but allowed because of the money they will share)

Imagine a proposal that was approved in Youwin and Youwin gave the guy the money, we edit the money part and somethings, balance everything and submit, we were told it pass the first stage, we would be called for verification, na go and come back the next day till we pass out, we were not told if they money was released or not...
That's how some people complain the same thing...

I hope DG put things in place to checkmate stealing of proposals for their personal use, and funds looting. But the scheme is good too
U jux spilled wat i meant

1 Like

Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
shadowgwalker:
hah! So u never still serve? Guy u don old ooh! Since 1997 wey u finish sch cheesycheesycheesy pls go and serve, stop waiting for increment first joor.
LOL... SERVED JOOR
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by IYANGBALI: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
VickyRotex:

Ori e ti gbagi cheesy angry angry
kai he pain am as i want. iyangbali 6-1 vickyrotex grin
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by 1miccza: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Omo everybody just dey colllect loan for dis government how i go take collect my own now??
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by VickyRotex(f): 12:12am On Aug 22, 2015
IYANGBALI:
kai he pain am as i want. iyangbali 6-1 vickyrotex grin

You wish! grin tongue
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by sule5727: 2:15am On Aug 22, 2015
Aitee1:
Kai.......who send me go serve since the days of Abraham
GOD send u
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by beordune(m): 4:42am On Aug 22, 2015
Facility for disbursement... Abeg, which business NYSC dey do wey dem wan use pay the loan back? #justasking
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Tunagee(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2015
FREEEMANAN:
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Friday said it had secured over N200 million bank facility for disbursement to corps members as loans to enbale them start their businesses.

Director-General of the corps, said this when the Commander, Guards Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brig.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, paid a familiarisation visit to the NYSC Headquarters in Abuja.

“That has been a challenge; we train these corps members in the camp after the camp we have partners all over the country where corps members also receive training throughout the service year.

“Now, the issue is that when they get this training they don’t have start-up capital but we have been doing a lot to see there is opportunity for them to get startup capital. We have the NYSC foundation as we speak, the NYSC foundation has just approved loan worth N10 million for corps members.

“ Corps members based on the business plan they submit could get as much as N250, 000 and N400, 000. We have also signed an MoU with Bank of Industry though it is yet to take off but we are working on it.

“ A couple of months ago, I also approached Heritage Bank and Heritage Bank is setting aside the sum of N200 million under a package where corps members will get a soft loan and the only collateral they will have to drop will be their discharge certificate.

“ We are also talking with Central Bank Governor to see that a micro credit loan could be arranged specially to address corps members in this category.” He debunked allegations that the corps has yet to provide skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development to corps members, adding that the exercise had been ongoing since 2012.

According to Olawumi, the NYSC has so far trained over 400,000 corps members since the commencement of its skills acquisition programme in over 12 different skills.
He said that the NYSC, under the sponsorship of the World Bank, was currently partnering with an international organisation to train corps members interested in going into the building and property development sector.

Olawumi also called on the Guards Brigade to continue to assist the NYSC in ensuring the safety of corps members serving in the Federal Capital Territory as well as those serving in other states.

The director-general also directed the Director, Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) of the corps, Mrs Mary Dan-Abia, to commence partnership with the brigade’s skills acquisition centre in Keffi, Nassarawa State.
Earlier, Brig.-Gen. Yusuf assured the NYSC that the brigade had made adequate security arrangements to ensure the safety of corps members serving in FCT. Yusuf said that part of the security arrangements put in place included regular patrolling of the FCT, adding the safety of corps members was one of the priorities of the Guards Brigade.

He also assured the NYSC boss that the brigade would continue to support and partner with the corps in the area of training of corps members and other related needs. “I am here on behalf of the Guards Brigade, officers and their families to commend you on the collaboration and support we have received from the NYSC so far.

“ I want to promise that this collaboration, support and understanding will be maintained. “ If there is anything we need to improve on in terms of our relationship or training to new corps members or any other area the Guards Brigade is here to support and assist.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/nysc-secures-n200m-bank-facility-for-disbursement-to-corps-members-as-loans-dg/

we now have a president!! change is already happening
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by fejicruz(m): 5:58am On Aug 22, 2015
Oga DG, when be POP? I don tire to serve my fatherland & wear khaki like Adams Oshiomole or prison warden.
This U-Report nonsense you guys made compulsory is pissing me like mad
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Felaak47(m): 6:46am On Aug 22, 2015
Immanueladebol:
I hope d monies ill gt to deir destinatn
yes it will cos I have already gotten mine.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Gamboh55(m): 7:16am On Aug 22, 2015
sud12:
Like seriously, dis is encouraging!!! Dis is d change we are hoping for!!
See u, dey there make pant dey wear u, I can swear that money will never get to corpers, na today. Probably only a fraction of the money will get to corpers while d remaining belongs to the real owners.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Immanueladebol(m): 7:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Felaak47:
yes it will cos I have already gotten mine.
ThankGod u got urs
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by donwise1(m): 7:39am On Aug 22, 2015
Submitting discharge letter? Ahh!
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by drehdinho(m): 8:01am On Aug 22, 2015
1miccza:
Omo everybody just dey colllect loan for dis government how i go take collect my own now??

Chill na baba...e go still reach the turn of the jobless graduates. And na their own go better pass. I know say Buhari no go wan do Dem own inform of loan. E fit just dey dash them 1 million per head. I know say very soon, Nigeria go be ranked alongside countries such as: American, Russia and other top top nations.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by koolly009: 9:00am On Aug 22, 2015
Learn to speak & write : German, French, Spanish, portuguese, Russian, Italian, Chinese, English and Nigerian languages i.e, Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo. 
+ Preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch. 
+ German re-union visa preparatory class. 
+ Apply for undergraduates / ‎masters study in Germany. 

Address:        B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa. 
Mr Kolade.   : 08035949272‎
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2015
Freemanan:
LOL... SERVED JOOR
cheesy cheesy cheesy I for fear ooh!!!
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by magicfingers009: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2015
What's the security for the loan?
What's the source of repayment?
What's the interest rate?
You can't just be giving people money with proper means of getting your funds back.. Nigerian don't av the culture of paying down on loans.
It seems like a failed project
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by 1miccza: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2015
drehdinho:

Chill na baba...e go still reach the turn of the jobless graduates. And na their own go better pass. I know say Buhari no go wan do Dem own inform of loan. E fit just dey dash them 1 million per head. I know say very soon, Nigeria go be ranked alongside countries such as: American, Russia and other top top nations.

Bros i sure say na from dream u type all this one
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by ajaolu(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
How much interest on 250k and 400k respectively?
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
Loans have been approved to Corp members since 2008 /09 when my street brox got 250k and dropped his certificate which is to be paid after 30 months. That was the source of his help then and it's surprising many corpers don't apply for the same WAP even those who heard about it before leaving for camp will come back with the excuse of I can't leave my certificate with them. Then I hear the same person complain government no provide job or nobody to give him loan to start business
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
ajaolu:
How much interest on 250k and 400k respectively?
During the Era of the former president it's no interest but should be paid within 30 months but trust naija youths dem go default am and only pay half saying they will pay the rest later. Lols
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
magicfingers009:
What's the security for the loan?
What's the source of repayment?
What's the interest rate?
You can't just be giving people money with proper means of getting your funds back.. Nigerian don't av the culture of paying down on loans.
It seems like a failed project
During GEJ tenure it's two or so sureties that are level 10 or so government officials. No interest actually as at last year and they expect you to invest in agro-allied business but you can choose otherwise
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
I hope this time around this money is actually disbursed to the corpers.
Some years back when I was serving this same plan by the NYSC was passed to us. We were excited at it. However only 3 of us were chosen to represent IMO state. We had to travel to Paiko in far away Niger State for the business skills training. We met other corpers from other states as well. I think it was 3 corpers per state. We were camped in NYSC camp Paiko. The living condition and feeding wasn't really okay but it was manageable. We we transported to the state capital during that time for a workshop organized by NYSC and some banks. Apart from that we had lectures from some business people too. We were taught how to write a business proposal. The clause was that we were to give up our NYSC certificates in exchange until the loan was repaid.
After 2-3weeks we sat down to work and we submitted our business proposals at our various states so the 250,000 they promised can be remitted to us.
Can you believe that they didn't give us a kobo at the end? We lipsrsealed got each others contacts I.e calling our fellow trainee corpers from various States and everyone was waiting and waiting until youth service finished. It was just a scam. And I believe people at the top ate that money because the banks told us that the money was already in store for us.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by hola106(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nice one it a very welcome development...
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by olasmiles: 5:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
this isn't something new. we were informed about it in camp when I was serving. bank of industry, 250k loan, discharge certificate as collateral. ....... not a new thing, but one must think deeply before taking the decision as regards the loan
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
Tricks of steel
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by Agroinfotech: 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Barbing, bead making, tie and dye....are these what we call skill acquisitions? NYSC should be redesigned to promote agriculture in Nigeria, that's the only way out. CORP members should be camped on farm settlements and be integrated into the agribusiness value chain.
NYSC can change the face of agribusiness in Nigeria.
Re: NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG by sawdonline: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2016
After your NYSC POP what next ?

Alot of CORPERS go home after NYSC to sit at home and start looking for some of the none existing jobs as results leading to a life of anguish pain disappointment and unfulfilment

My Question Is ? will be among those that live these kind of life or be among those that live a life devoid of crime But making real legitimate money for yourself and be smiling to the bank

The truth is Nigeria need more entrepreneurs and self reliant youth in other to achieve industrialisation

in this light we have decided to assist by providing materials that can make you self reliant and skill acquisition training and program

We will be equiping you tools of the trade for both online and offline business

How to get registered on the ones that need documentation all these will be treated in our other post.

https://www.nairaland.com/3145924/skill-aquistion-nysc-corpers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corper Aderogba Timothy Ayooluwa Invents TimseVac, Solar-Powered Vaccine Cooler / A Batch (A) Corps Member Build And Furnished A Library In FCT-picx / Physically Challenged Corper: I Lived On 1500 A Month Sometimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.