Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch (21426 Views)

"We Weren't Consulted Before CSO Expelled The PUNCH Reporter" - Femi Adesina / Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch / DPR Seals NNPC Filling Station For Hoarding Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by HungerBAD: 5:15am On Aug 22, 2015
The Department of Petroleum Resources on Friday stormed several filling stations at Ikorodu, Ibeju-Lekki and Ketu, in Lagos, shutting down 14 stations for manipulating their dispensing pumps and over-charging buyers, among other offences.

While all the affected stations had N87 per litre on their pumps as the selling price, the pumps were under-dispensing Premium Motor Spirit, also known as petrol, with almost one litre lost by buyers for every 10 litres bought.

The affected stations include Mobil at Owode bus-stop, Ikorodu; So Super Limited (Sahara), Ogolonto, Ikorodu; General Oil Limited, Ketu; Walesaf, Owode-Idera bus-stop, Ikorodu, and HS Petroleum at Ketu.

At Mobil, 150 litres of water were also found in 30,000 litres of PMS in one of its tanks.

Two pumps were sealed at MRS station at Alapere, Ikorodu road.

At the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation station, Irawo bus-stop, Ikorodu road, three of its pumps were sealed for under-dispensing.

At Ibeju-Lekki, Kaz Oil, Lakowe; Forte Oil, Gulf road, Lakowe; Ona Ara Oil and Gas Station; Forte Oil, Molete; Wakass, Igando-Oloja; Forte Oil, Abule Folly Ibeju, and Forte Oil, Oribanwa were all sealed.

The Forte Oil station at Oribanwa was sealed for hoarding 24,000 litres of PMS and refusal to open pumps for testing by the DPR officials.

Kaz Oil, whose pumps read N86.50 per litre at the time of the visit, under-dispensed petrol by 0.8 litre for every 10 litres, thereby making the public buy the product above N90 per litre.

Ona Ara Oil and Gas station, where there was no one to attend to the DPR inspectors, was sealed as the officials believed the pumps were switched off and abandoned on the news that the DPR was at the nearby station, Kaz Oil.

At Forte Oil along Gulf road, Lakowe, two of its pumps were under-dispensing by 0.98 litre and 1.06 litre for every 10 litres.

Wakass and Forte Oil at Molete filling stations were closed down for short-changing buyers by 0.82 litre and 0.95 litre respectively for every 10 litres.

At Forte Oil, Abule Folly, the pumps were under-dispensing by as much as 1.26 per litre for every 10 litres, meaning that a buyer who was there to buy 10 litres got less than 9 litres.

The Zonal Operations Controller, Lagos, DPR, Mrs. Chioma Njoku, in an interview with newsmen at the end of the exercise, said the affected stations would be made to pay a fine of N100,000 each.

She said, “Some of them engage in manipulating their pumps that under-dispense to the public, which is a way of over-charging the buyers and they bear the brunt of it when caught.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/dpr-seals-nnpc-forte-oil-12-other-petrol-stations/

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by HungerBAD: 5:16am On Aug 22, 2015
Even the NNPC Station is not spared from corruption target.

Nigeria is indeed witnessing what we thought, could have only happened in our dreams.

SAI BUHARI,

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by natas22: 5:16am On Aug 22, 2015
I told you guys that my sai buhari will restore sanity in this nation

It has started.

Sai buhari

45 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by natas22: 5:17am On Aug 22, 2015
Even followers are more corrupt than our leaders. We all know that our politians are corrupt but at the rate this so called petrol stations are duping us it makes the politicians to look innocent.

19 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by sekzy99(m): 5:37am On Aug 22, 2015
Gud

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 5:39am On Aug 22, 2015
Good move... time to close down corrupt filling station.

7 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Nobody: 5:42am On Aug 22, 2015
APC = Scam

2 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by HungerBAD: 5:42am On Aug 22, 2015
Firefire:
Good move... time to close down corrupt filling station.

Your wife must have cooked Pounded Yam and Efo Leaf soup, filled with dry fish yesterday. For the first time you WROTE sensibly.

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 5:47am On Aug 22, 2015
HungerBAD:

Your wife must have cooked Pounded Yam and Efo Leaf soup, filled with dry fish yesterday. For the first time you WROTE sensibly.

I am not myopic. cheesy

Good morning and how was your night? tongue

5 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by cornoil(m): 5:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Beware of what you utter out. Most of these stations are not directly owned by NNPC or FORTE OIL, it's franchise. This way of cheating the Petroleum products users has always been like that for many years, DPR even sometimes collect settlement from the Petrol stations. DPR just woke up because of the Buhari's no nonsense corruption stand. It's under Buhari that the Petrol stations now have fear of DPR and scared of cheating. Very painful when Nigerians pay as high as 100 naira per litre due to manipulation of the dispensing system instead of the 87 naira. Though am not a fan of Buhari, but I should say truth about this
HungerBAD:
Even the NNPC Station is not spared from corruption target.

Nigeria is indeed witnessing what we thought, could have only happened in our dreams.

SAI BUHARI,

32 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by HungerBAD: 6:01am On Aug 22, 2015
Firefire:

I am not myopic. cheesy

Good morning and how was your night? tongue

Its just past 10 pm here, so i never see morning yet.

4 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by mysteriousman(m): 6:03am On Aug 22, 2015
I hope consistently maintain this supervision

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 22, 2015
Firefire:

I am not myopic. cheesy
Since when? You obviously had a great Friday. Maybe that Siasia guy carry you go club.

10 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 6:06am On Aug 22, 2015
HungerBAD:

Its just past 10 pm here, so i never see morning yet.

Good for you...

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Firefire(m): 6:09am On Aug 22, 2015
musKeeto:

Since when? You obviously had a great Friday. Maybe that Siasia guy carry you go club.

Who be that ?

Btw:

The proliferation of filling stations by those with criminal tendencies must stop.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by handie(m): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2015
This is good. Stop the sharp practices in the oil sector and let transparency be the keyword. Abeg make person tell NCC make them still wake up to their duties na. These Telcos are ripping us off with exhorbitant call and data charges..... With poor service quality. Abeg NCC, DPR are working make una still try work na

5 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Rexsul: 6:14am On Aug 22, 2015
Seriously I think Nigeria is getn beta unda ds present Government....with d level of decay dat hs eatn deep in2 ds country unda d past administration I don't think miracle cn happn over night. Ol we need is patience cos I biliv wit d way things r goin nw 1 day we ol wil b proud of ds gr8 country...ol da best PMB!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by seunmsg(m): 6:23am On Aug 22, 2015

The Zonal Operations Controller, Lagos, DPR, Mrs. Chioma Njoku, in an interview with newsmen at the end of the exercise, said the affected stations would be made to pay a fine of N100,000 each.

Seriously, is this a joke or what? These stations scammed innocent Nigerians of millions everyday and all they get is a fine of N100,000. Why won't they go back to the practise if all they will get as sanction is a slap on the wrist. DPR better come up with a more severe sanction if they truly want to end the corruption associated with fuel dispensing.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Cutehector(m): 6:28am On Aug 22, 2015
And after shuttin dem down, wat next?
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by aieromon(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Pump price of fuel in Ekiti is back to N87 after 6 months of selling for between N100- N130.

7 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Ishilove: 7:58am On Aug 22, 2015
They should come to my side. Oando and Conoil are robbing us korokoro and need to be made an example of.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by yhemsy62(m): 8:03am On Aug 22, 2015
A fine of #100,000? For what reason I think dis DPR is a joke

3 Likes

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2015
So DPR still works...
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2015
Fuel susbsidy removal will end all this stealing.

Want to know why?

Because at N87 our fuel sellers are not making any profit.

A businessman goes into business to make profit. Landing fees for fuel are more than N100 per liter.We import a lot of the fuel used in this country. Subsidy pays the difference. Meaning....little or no profit. Meanwhile, our fuel marketers have staff to pay, equipment to maintain and buy , and the wife's annual trip to Dubai to fund. wink. Hence the shenanigans......because a business man must make profit. (Unless you want to run an economy influenced by Marxist-Leninist principles).

And anyway, fuel is being sold at over N100 in many stations across the country. N87 exists only in Lag and in Abuja.(My folks bought fuel several weeks ago in Niger State at N170 per liter. DPR....won't go there).

In my opinion, fuel subsidy has to go. We are pouring money down a bottomless pit.Plus....we do not have enough money to subsidsze fuel....what with the fall in international oil prices .(The UAE and Saudi are contemplating removing subsides on fuel this year....and they have far more money saved than we do). GEJ made many mistakes....but proposing to remove fuel subsidy was not one of them(especially when SLS and NOI were in agreement....rare event, even now).PMB should remove fuel subsidy and do what GEJ tried to do....spend part of the money on mass transit projects.

Sorry Nigerians.....but either crude oil goes back up to 100 dollars per barrel or higher......or we go broke spending money on subsidies. Fellow Nigerians....tighten your seatbelts. Our time machine has taken us back to the 1980's.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by Splashme: 8:09am On Aug 22, 2015
df
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by DahtzFestjayz: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2015

She said, “Some of them engage in manipulating their pumps that under-dispense to the public, which is a way of over-charging the buyers and they bear the brunt of it when caught.”

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by kingstylo01(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
One simple truth:

if the DPR should extend this their operation to every single filling station in every corner of Nigeria, then they'll all be locked.
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by ednut1(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
irony of Nigeria, every one screams corruption, bt the screamer abi na wailers too corrupt o

1 Like

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by boboLIL(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
seunmsg:

Seriously, is this a joke or what? These stations scammed innocent Nigerians of millions everyday and all they get is a fine of N100,000. Why won't they go back to the practise if all they will get as sanction is a slap on the wrist. DPR better come up with a more severe sanction if they truly want to end the corruption associated with fuel dispensing

yhemsy62:
A fine of #100,000? For what reason I think dis DPR is a joke

Ar u sure they will even pay the money? This is Nigeriagrin
Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
I'm really proud of my decision to campaign for PMB even if He has never heard my name.

Naija is rising from the ashes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DPR Seals NNPC, Forte Oil, 12 Other Petrol Stations-the Punch by GenbIoodykiller: 8:11am On Aug 22, 2015
HungerBAD:

That's what you'll never eat in your next life because you're a hungry man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Shot By Police During 'Free Zakzaky' Protest Now Using Wheelchair / NASS Leadership: Tinubu Moves Base To Abuja / Ugwuanyi's Telephone Line Hacked By Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.