Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? (2186 Views)

What Came Out Of My Car. Any Idea? / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Simple Strategies To A Fuel Efficient Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by keshconnections: 9:32am On Aug 22, 2015
Hello friends,
I need suggestions on best sweet fuel efficient cars that is also pocket-friendly.
Ur opinion wiuld be highly appreciated
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by weyreypey: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
Specify the range of fuel economy you seek

But the best is your God given pair of legs
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by palserltd: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
I suggest you should go for any Toyota product.

For your Aluminium & Glass systems (windows, doors, roofing, shower stalls, partitions, etc.) https://www.nairaland.com/2543305/best-aluminium-glass-services-work
Also earn N10,000 today by referring https://www.nairaland.com/2543314/refer-earn-extra-n10000-today
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by chillex8(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
weyreypey:
Specify the range of fuel economy you seek

But the best is your God given pair of legs

burst my brains cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by Laird(m): 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Toyota matrix. Toyota matrix and toyota corolla have the same engine 1.8 litre and mechanical parts
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by corneli83(m): 3:39am On Aug 24, 2015
keshconnections:
Hello friends,
I need suggestions on best sweet fuel efficient cars that is also pocket-friendly.
Ur opinion wiuld be highly appreciated

Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Toyota avensis, Honda Fit, Chevrolet Aveo, Honda Civic, golf3 1.4l, Volkswagen polo.

Those are some fuel efficient cars, pick one according to your pocket size.
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by tunergy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
LR4
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by kennybabs1980: 12:02am On Aug 25, 2015
Your budget will determine the suggestions you will get, when you say "pocket friendly", what do you really mean! A N2million car may be pocket friendly to Mr A while for Mr B, it is expensive, so come up with a range of what you have, say between N1 million and 1,5 or under 1 million, OK!
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by bigrovar(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2015
Its physics.. the bigger the engine of your car the more fuel it will consumes. Hence it is generally advised to go for small engine cars if fuel efficiency is high on your list. I generally will recommend a 1.6 1.8 liter car. This (all things equal) will guarrantee you at least 27-35MPG depending on how you drive. Since moving to the outskirt of town, I sold my 2.3 liter car for a 1.8 liter one and my fual consumption average rose from 22MPG / 11 Liters/ 100KM to 34 mpg or 6.8L / 100km.

Lots of things factor into the fuel efficiency of a car but for a start. Get a car which with a small engine and work it out from there.
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by acadollar(m): 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
bigrovar:
Its physics.. the bigger the engine of your car the more fuel it will consumes. Hence it is generally advised to go for small engine cars if fuel efficiency is high on your list. I generally will recommend a 1.6 1.8 liter car. This (all things equal) will guarrantee you at least 27-35MPG depending on how you drive. Since moving to the outskirt of town, I sold my 2.3 liter car for a 1.8 liter one and my fual consumption average rose from 22MPG / 11 Liters/ 100KM to 34 mpg or 6.8L / 100km.

Lots of things factor into the fuel efficiency of a car but for a start. Get a car which with a small engine and work it out from there.
Kia picanto

2 Likes

Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by femicousim: 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2015
SUZUKIs generally are very fuel efficient, i remember SUZUKI ALTO was being introduced to the market, Standard org of Nig (SON) tested it to verify its claim as very fuel efficient, and it did 5 litres to ibadan from lagos.

1 Like

Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by egesie(m): 5:31am On Aug 26, 2015
You want fuel economy, ba?
Go for Nissan Micra 1.0L, it should do fine.
*smiles*

2 Likes

Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by keshconnections: 4:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
Much thanks
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by sultaan(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mazda 3

Go to this site and compare the cars to see the fuel estimates by government testing agency

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=19675&id=19583&id=19615&id=19575

http://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/mazda-3
Re: NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? by sultaan(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2015

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Front Wheel And Rear/back Wheel Drive Cars...pros And Cons / Mercedes Benz Steering Is Actually A Game Pad Controller / What Is Speed Limit And How Does It Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.