Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

Can A Woman Propose To A Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Woman Propose To A Man? (15082 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? / Should Woman Propose Marriage To Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by raphy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2006
Hi all,

I just can't stand it. This babe walked up to me and started telling what I didn't expect. She said she is single and looking for a hubby. I don't know what to do, but now we are friends anyway.

But can a woman propose to a man? I need your advise all. grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Coco29(f): 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2006
i do not undersatnd clearly what you are trying to say but i think i got enough to say if i was to find de man right now who i know will respect and make me happy i will have to ask him out however asking a guy to marry me (HELL NO) cheesy
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by raphy(m): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2006
@coco29
hi i mean a girl ask me to be her husband shocked shocked she take d first step.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2006
yu sound unserious nad invitin
you sound also as a player who wants to be noticed.
why do i even waste mi time to tell yu this, use yur time sensibly before its too late?
by the way, how old are yu
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by raphy(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2006
fresh be
wht do u mean?am a player wht do u mean by nad invitin? how do i sound unserious sad shocked shocked
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by freshB2: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2006
what i mean is that i am a man as yu. an wen men start to sound funny, i no where theyr goin. coz i see no bad thing in a woman to look or sound invitin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Coco29(f): 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2006
fresh-B:

what i mean is that i am a man as yu. an when men start to sound funny, i no where theyr goin. because i see no bad thing in a woman to look or sound invitin
raphy:

@coco29
hi i mean a girl ask me to be her husband shocked shocked she take d first step.

i believe that a king should choose his queen.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Oracle(m): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2006
There is a difference between inviting and proposing
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Eastcoast(f): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2006
hmm undecided Pink did it. cheesy
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by somegirl(f): 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2006
And I think a queen should choose her prince - like Elizabeth II did. wink
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Busta(f): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2006
why not? as long as u've got the nerves, u might as well.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by somegirl(f): 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2006
Busta, are you addressing me? smiley
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by PrinceTolu(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2006
It's quite ok for girls to propose so far it's their choice. Nothing wrong
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Busta(f): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2006
@somegirl

nahh, that was to the topic.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by somegirl(f): 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2006
Ah, ok. grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by kiki(f): 12:40am On Oct 02, 2006
welll theirs nothin bad in axing a man out like datin but proposin that is just a HELL NO for me
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by PrinceTolu(m): 1:00am On Oct 02, 2006
Well. I guess I made a mistake. I did;'t realise the issue was propose. I don't think it's ok. A girl canstill tell a guy that she fancies him.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by cyprianjr(m): 1:35am On Oct 02, 2006
Its ok for a woman to propose, true love is all that matters
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by leketoye(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2006
I see it happen all the time. women proposing to men. Guys haven't you been in a relationship and the girl keeps asking when you are going to take her to the altar even when you haven't asked her to marry you That's it.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Coco29(f): 9:21am On Oct 02, 2006
leketoye:

I see it happen all the time. women proposing to men. Guys haven't you been in a relationship and the girl keeps asking when you are going to take her to the altar even when you haven't asked her to marry you That's it.

as men are less faithful than women they should make they first move, i once had a client who asked her boyfriend to marry her, 1yr into the marriage he started saying I ONLY MARRY YOU BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS WHEN YOU ASKED so now every argument they have is based on this.

i should not say it is wrong but it goes against the norms of society.

1 Like

Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Ndipe(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2006
We hear of some women desperate to get married, and when the right guy comes along, they stall, because the man is expected to fulfil his traditional obligations. But what if he chooses not to propose to you, because we are living in the 21st centurty, what would you do? Break of the relationship in search of a traditional man who would do the proposal, complete with a carat diamond engagement ring? How about you do it since we live in the 21st century? I think the book of etiquette, or romance need to be updated, if it hasnt been. Women can also go on bended knees and propose too. I read Halle Berry did the same for her then husband, David Justice.

There is nothing undignifying of a woman to do the proposal, neither does it spell desperation to me. If love compels you to do so, then go for it.

Cheers.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Coco29(f): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2006
Ndipe:

We hear of some women desperate to get married, and when the right guy comes along, they stall, because the man is expected to fulfil his traditional obligations. But what if he chooses not to propose to you, because we are living in the 21st centurty, what would you do? Break of the relationship in search of a traditional man who would do the proposal, complete with a carat diamond engagement ring? How about you do it since we live in the 21st century? I think the book of etiquette, or romance need to be updated, if it hasnt been. Women can also go on bended knees and propose too. I read Halle Berry did the same for her then husband, David Justice.

There is nothing undignifying of a woman to do the proposal, neither does it spell desperation to me. If love compels you to do so, then go for it.

Cheers.

this is how marriage has been westernize, what diamond ring? how many kids are killed or have there hands and legs cut off for diamonds- and look at where Halle berry is now.

i need to know that the man i marry( never again) wants me, the only way i can know that is for him to ask.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by kennyuche(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2006
If its a marriage proposal, it doesnt sound right to me bt i wil acept a date, i should be d1 proposing.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2006
Why not abi you get scurvey. Realy apart from joke there is nothing wrong but please becarefull if the guy is not expose to the real world he might mistake you of being desperate to have a husbanb. If he is all this religeous fanatic he might think what was writen in the bible that there shall come a time when women will run after men for marriage so it is up to you. you know your man well enough to decide but if i will advice you i think if your man is is not expose as iam you just keep the african women pride up i.e allow him to make the call.

And for you Mr. Man for saying you cant stand it wake up and stop living in the past for a woman to walk up to you respect her for she has her pride and ego

words of bushfellow aka ayos d oracle
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by acidrop(f): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2006
its possible ooooo, but my my constitutions quotes "thou shall not propose 2 a man, no matter what"  tongue
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Lokoluv(f): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2006
u sound NIGERIANNNNNNN COCO29.U GO GIRL winkBRING IT ON GIRL grin grin
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Coco29(f): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2006
Lokoluv:

u sound NIGERIANNNNNNN COCO29.U GO GIRL winkBRING IT ON GIRL grin grin

sorry suga i am not, but i guess my friends have rubbed off on me cheesy cheesy lmao
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by acidrop(f): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2006
wow, i thought u were nigerian 2, dosent matter wherever u from, u ,ve got a nigerian something in u that makes evry1 think u are a nigerian at 1st impression
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by Coco29(f): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2006
acidrop:

wow, i thought u were nigerian 2, dosent matter wherever u from, u ,ve got a nigerian something in u that makes evry1 think u are a nigerian at 1st impression

i think it is because of my personality, i say what i want when i want, i believe what i believe and no one can change that untill the most high returns. cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by acidrop(f): 12:37pm On Oct 02, 2006
nice speech gurl keep it up, God u are so nigerian wink, cos u like me and am nigerian
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by juliedoe(f): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2006
i think if a girl luvs a guy n d guy seems be uncertain to go into marriage wit her, she should propose thou is not normal but atleast to know if the guy is really serious wit her or jst feel passion n lust 4 her. then if the guy says no 2 her, fine. But sometimes if the guy agrees 2 marry her, he might use it as an excuse wen they have a misunderstanding. so it is not wise 4 a girl 2 propose to a guy.
Re: Can A Woman Propose To A Man? by popsonj(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2006
There is nothing wrong in a girl proposing to a guy, but to so many people, it's not ideal.
In the real sense, if girls won't propose if truly in love with a guy, that might just restrict their choice.
So i feel it should be encouraged since love involves both the guy and the lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? / Voting For Mr Nairaland Without An Interview / YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.