Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? (27049 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV / Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by slye(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
its not important for private companies jare.Its not on my CV, and i am currently working, Alhamdulillah. But for Government jobs, you gotta include it bro.

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by emonkey(m): 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
missKiffy:
Please I would like to know if it's appropriate to add one's primary school education in a cv

Just imagine your advantage , when the boss finds that you also attended the same primary school as himself.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Joeace3000(m): 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
like it matters.

[b] Meanwhile.............

Get our complete Brilliantlights Media Fiverr Training packages Todayand start offering unique services professionally on Fiverr and generating income from your living room.

Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have extras of up to $100, $200 per Gig (you are permitted 20 Gigs at a time)and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 per Gig selling your skill on fiverr every month on only one account! Now imagine up to 5 accounts with 20 Gigs each!. For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands like me are making money off it every day. All it requires is possessing the knowledge of how to build profitable accounts, optimizing them for constant orders and delivering with continuous positive reviews and high ratings.

The complete training packages covers five Hot in-demand services from ARTICLE WRITING TO GRAPHICS DESIGN, VIDEO AND ANIMATION, WEB DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT. It includes Hours of Training Videos created by our Experts on each service covering: Opening a Service Specific Professional Fiverr Account, Creating Attractive Gigs with Captivating Gig Images and Gig Videos, Delivering orders and Receiving your Payments in Nigeria. The package also include tools like Adobe Photoshop for creating Gig images and Camtasia Software for Gig videos creation respectively along with Special Tools specific to each service included in each pack. Interested participants would also be introduced into our Facebook Brilliantlightsmedia Support Group as well as our Whatsapp Group through 070-665-64342 for follow up.

After many years working and earning on fiverr, we as a reputable company put our heads together to help introduce others who are in desperate need of financial upliftment, having heard and seen how desperate jobless youths have become in a bid to land jobs or engage in any business whether bad or dehumanizing just to survive or how companies are retrenching people daily and sending them into the over saturated Labor market.

The internet is a trillion dollar per month platform everyone should be working on today and Fiverr is one of the easiest means to start earning from it. However you need to get on it the right way. Stop creating accounts that have no potential for profit. Get the skills that you can sell not only on fiverr and other freelance sites (Like Elance, freelancer.com) but also required by Big businesses and companies around us, even better, you could create your own business like we have done as a Social Media Management company and stop complaining about lack of jobs, wicked requirements or jobs already arranged for the connected

If you have questions or enquiries Please PM me here on Nairaland or reach me through the whatsapp number mentioned earlier
[/b]
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Abugab(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
uracocksucker:
bull shit!!!!
fact is your cv shouldn't be more than 2 pages else ppl will get bored now if you can't talk about ur adult life in 2pages ....dont apply for a job.

I see you just want to write.
The issue here is about inclusion of FSLC in a CV and not the number of pages.
Including that does not take more than two lines and how could that affect your two page CV theory?

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by oshiiteoku: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
The essence is to determine your true age especially for govt and pensionable jobs
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by linusbnn(m): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
ashieduplus:

Wrong.

He is very very correct
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Benjom(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's unnecessary except it's requested for by recruiters.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
If you're applying for government job through the Federal civil service commission. You need to add it and be sure you have the certificate. It is part of the requirements.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by missKiffy(f): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
emonkey:

Just imagine your advantage , when the boss finds that you also attended the same primary school as himself.
grin grin grin
cheesy
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Leebrown(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
what of primary school drop out.....?
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Jalinco: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
Add it only if you are sure you went to the same primary school with the interviewer
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
No, only secondary school and upper. They're interested in your relevant and most recent qualifications.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Leebrown(m): 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2015
it's not important, but it's necessary
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by coldspot: 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
Its a waste of space.
Your primary school doesnt show if you can or cannot do the job.
And anyone who sees a university degree obviously knows you went to a secondary and primary school.
No need for putting something irrelevant again.

3 Likes

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by stephmike(m): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I'm sure you also have a Junior Secondary school certificate, why didn't you include it on your CV?
I don't add it on my cv
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by ashieduplus(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
linusbnn:

He is very very correct

I've gotten jobs in two of Nigeria's most prestigious firms. I didn't include it on my resume.

It's unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Kiakia(m): 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
FSLC is an important addition in a CV as it helps determine the actual or approximate age of prospective Applicant for employment. This is apart from Birth Certificates and Affidavits of age found in the official files of employees.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by osimataylor(m): 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2015
Necessary because it is used to varify ones age.Beside HR personnels are intrested in knowing ur academic profile using primary certificate as a starting point.
ednut1:
not necessary
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by jerrymej(m): 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
Question that deserves no answer!
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by 9jatatafo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
Primary school cert is the bedrock and it should be included in a cv.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by noblegrex: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nonsense so much rubish, u can add it if uve got it cos I don't think it will affect u anyways so no harm if u or u not add it so y not add it to b at ease. But some organization r bleeped,when some1 has his Bsc,NYSC disch cetcate+many oda jinger de swags they're r still asking for PRIMARY. R u a politician
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by scully95: 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
missKiffy:
Please I would like to know if it's appropriate to add one's primary school education in a cv

U never ready plenty abi..You wan fill up CV space.. lol..
I think it's ok but in most cases not required..
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by SmartMugu: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
missKiffy:
If that's the highest level of education that person has, that is fine. However, I would not expect potential employers to look for your primary school experience when your resume says you have a masters, a bachelor's or even SSCE. How could you have gotten them without primary school degree? In my opinion, it's a waste of space on your resume, unless that's all you have.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by SmartMugu: 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
9jatatafo:
Primary school cert is the bedrock and it should be included in a cv.
I disagree.
Some folks attended nursery schools before primary. That is the real bedrock. Are u saying nursery school achievements should be on someone's resume as well?
I'd toss that resume away and look at others of I was the hiring manager.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by ednut1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
osimataylor:
Necessary because it is used to varify ones age.Beside HR personnels are intrested in knowing ur academic profile using primary certificate as a starting point.
d age on ur waec certificate is sufficient, i do not include in my CV and interviewers (kpmg,gva,stanbic,pwc) hv faced never asked
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by spiralwedge(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2015
Abugab:
FSLC is actually one of the most important thing to have in a CV.
Most thorough and well organized HR departments in good organizations even go as far as verifying them.
Very important.

cc: misskiffy

I totally disagree. its unnecessary and can even cost you not being shortlisted. I would thrash your CV if I was employing.
Primary education is the basic and compulsory all over the world. its called Universal Basic Education (UBE) and it is included in the MDGs (pls google for meaning).
It may only be included in your C.V. if you stopped your education at the o' level. Do NOT include if you have post secondary education.
You may also include it if it is so required. For instance, a driver or a domestic job seeker would be required to include it if CVs are asked for.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Jcob(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
Primary cert is ur foundation. Even if u go to the best uni, if the foundation is wrong you are a joker. Please add it.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by mattodunsi(m): 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
Is not necessary
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by eluquenson(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's very important if you are applying for Nigeria Police Force jobs.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by SweetLola: 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
You will receive a lot of different answers, I say it depends on your level of experience / seniority of the job you are going for

If your job is entry level or if you do not have a university degree then you may want to include Primary school education , after that stage I don't believe you should add it except if requested for instance in the employer's application form. Your secondary school education should suffice.

Employers focus on QUALIFICATIONS...you do not gain any qualifications at primary school
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by sundayslim(m): 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's not necessary at all. Very unprofessional.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
SmartMugu:

I disagree.
Some folks attended nursery schools before primary. That is the real bedrock. Are u saying nursery school achievements should be on someone's resume as well?
I'd toss that resume away and look at others of I was the hiring manager.

Is there a national exam for nursery as you have for primary school to secondary? You are equally telling me that once you have your B.Sc then inclusion of secondary school is baseless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bg Logistics / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics / First Bank Of Nigeria Insurance Is Recruiting (entry Level And Managerial Posts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.