Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? (27046 Views)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / 7 Things You Should Cross Check Before Sending Off A CV / Do I Have To Attach D Copies Of My Certificates, Weneva Am Asked 2 Submit A CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by nenergy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Except you are applying for a government job it is very much unnecessary.

Friedplantain
Very correct! Plus it takes CV space. Only your higher education is required. Even SSCE should be omitted.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by JudgementHammer: 12:07am On Aug 23, 2015
Include it with the year. Its called 1st school leaving certificate on CV not primary school certificate o.

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by esoboy875(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2015
If it is so important, why is it dat higher institutions don't asked of it wen dey ar giving admissions @ any levels bt rather dey wil asked of O level.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Kazrem(m): 1:38am On Aug 23, 2015
living2013:

It all depend on your latest qualification or the job you are applying for. If you are a BSc holder or have related qualification, then primary school cert is irrelevant except in a case where it is recommended.

The most relevant certificates on a cv are the two most recent qualification. BSc or its equivalent and 0 level certificate is enough for a graduate.

If you need guide to improve/upgrade your cv successfully , you can hit my signature.
No website only email address?
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Eddodoh(m): 1:54am On Aug 23, 2015
The CV I even submitted for d federal govt. job with Bank of Agric did not carry my FSLC and i still got d interview

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by calcal: 2:01am On Aug 23, 2015
Nursery is very important also.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by sweettease(f): 6:13am On Aug 23, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I'm sure you also have a Junior Secondary school certificate, why didn't you include it on your CV?
We did the 6-6-4 system now, JSSCE is almost not there.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by AhmedInusa: 6:16am On Aug 23, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmmm. If you went to 5 primary schools nko?

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Hmmmmmmmm....
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by juliusjulius: 6:17am On Aug 23, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2542882/registration-close-please

I apologize for bothering you with my problems.
I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session

Registration Will Soon Close, Please Help Me.

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by osimataylor(m): 6:32am On Aug 23, 2015
They might not ask you but believe me its an added advantage to your meticulous and detail trait.
ednut1:
d age on ur waec certificate is sufficient, i do not include in my CV and interviewers (kpmg,gva,stanbic,pwc) hv faced never asked
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2015
you can include it to occupy space, but i don't have it on my cv. if you can see my B.Eng there and you still doubt i ever attended a primary school, you are on your own

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by GentleNaaz(m): 7:28am On Aug 23, 2015
Funjosh:
Yes of cos if it is not needed why do we have it in school then
Wrong. Of course we cn hv it. Just lik we hv Junior Sec Sch Certificate which is irrelevant for Job search in Nigeria and other countries
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by muizzolajide(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2015
why then should som1 go to primary school if it is irrelevant in labour market. i think it should be added
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by DedeNkem: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2015
Not necessary.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Donpizzle(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2015
HenryThegreat1:
Just include it. It's just two lines

just two lines?? The name of my primary skul is: UMUOKORO DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY COMPREHENSIVE BOYS HIGH SCHOOL WARRI DELTA STATE NIGERIA. smiley
shuld i add it to my CV.

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by tboy11(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2015
This primary sch issue almost cost me a job of recent. Someone like me that had problem passing waec ..I finished pry sch 1997 and sec sch 2003 but didnt my papers and took me four years to make it..I made my papers 2007 and wrote 2007 in my CV. The employer asked me that according to my CV I spent 10 years in sec sch. In my opinion I think it's not necessary to include it when one is applying for a job in a private firm and compulsory to include in a govt job

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by paschenko(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2015
uscofield:
As I no finish primary school before I write common entrance, how I go take include am for my CV. On a serious note, I moved from pry 5 to jss1, and I don't have it in my CV, it has also not affected my job search.

What you believe is what works for you

my brother, it will affect you when u start looking for government work. they need it to verify ur age claim and oda things. I used to think it wasn't necessary myself, had to go back to Cameroun where I did my FSLC to collect the certificate bfr I cld get d job.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by paschenko(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2015
sweettease:
We did the 6-6-4 system now, JSSCE is almost not there.

me I did a french system of education: 7-7-3.it means I went to primary 7 and SS4, I did my university here 4years. if na french system university wld hv been 3 years. the equivalent to JSSCE there is called Brevet, it more difficult than WEAC/NEC0. the advantage of the system makes u stand out and also u learn an additional language from ur SS1 - u choose from English, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian or mandarin- the french Baccalaureat, which is taken at end of d sec schl like the Nigerian SSCE is equivalent to an OND when it is translated by the French Embassy. With the baccalaureat u can start direct entry in any Nigerian university if u want to study foreign languages...
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by sunny4life(m): 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
paschenko:

my brother, it will affect you when u start looking for government work. they need it to verify ur age claim and oda things. I used to think it wasn't necessary myself, had to go back to Cameroun where I did my FSLC to collect the certificate bfr I cld get d job.
What about those that left primary school in primary 5 to junior secondary school?......will they still be able to collect the certificate?
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by BeloHorizonte14: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
living2013:

It all depend on your latest qualification or the job you are applying for. If you are a BSc holder or have related qualification, then primary school cert is irrelevant except in a case where it is recommended.

The most relevant certificates on a cv are the two most recent qualification. BSc or its equivalent and 0 level certificate is enough for a graduate.

If you need guide to improve/upgrade your cv successfully , you can hit my signature.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by sweettease(f): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
paschenko:

me I did a french system of education: 7-7-3.it means I went to primary 7 and SS4, I did my university here 4years. if na french system university wld hv been 3 years. the equivalent to JSSCE there is called Brevet, it more difficult than WEAC/NEC0. the advantage of the system makes u stand out and also u learn an additional language from ur SS1 - u choose from English, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian or mandarin- the french Baccalaureat, which is taken at end of d sec schl like the Nigerian SSCE is equivalent to an OND when it is translated by the French Embassy. With the baccalaureat u can start direct entry in any Nigerian university if u want to study foreign languages...
And your point is?
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by flokii: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
missKiffy:
Please I would like to know if it's appropriate to add one's primary school education in a cv

@OP you fit add kindergarten sef... na ur own palava.. nobody go arrest you

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by udeh3(m): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
living2013:

Pls I need a guide to upgrade my resume udehgoodluck@gmail.com
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by linusbnn(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
ashieduplus:

I've gotten jobs in two of Nigeria's most prestigious firms. I didn't include it on my resume.

It's unnecessary.

No p anyways
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by PresidKing(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
Whatever you put on your CV depends on these few things below:

1. What kind of job you are you applying for?
2. What is your current situation for applying for that job, career, survival, sustaining or professional?
3. What is your experience so far in your career?
4. What is the requirement for applying for that job?
5. Does where you are applying for have a CV format you must use?

Currently, am well experience in my field and I don't even have my secondary school in my CV not to mention the primary school and my CV is about to enter fourth page, so you can imagine.

Hope that helps, and if you need a good cv format, we can talk about it.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by paschenko(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
sweettease:
And your point is?
never mind bae ... drunk texting
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by ladygudhead(f): 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmmm. If you went to 5 primary schools nko?

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

what are u saying! will some1 attend 5 pry school n graduate with 5 certificate?
are u saying d student wil stil sit for d exams 5 times! if he/she had passed for once?

ladyF smal smal o,nor fall we 'lady' hands oo

1 Like

Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by ladygudhead(f): 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
uscofield:
As I no finish primary school before I write common entrance, how I go take include am for my CV. On a serious note, I moved from pry 5 to jss1, and I don't have it in my CV, it has also not affected my job search.

What you believe is what works for you

okoro! even if u nor reach pry 6, but u wrote d exam still.so its not like u didn't finish pry sch Daz y u didn't add it to ur CV.so don't use dat as an excuse!

NB:using 'okoro' here is on a lighter note.
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by Originalsly: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
Teempakguy:
I guess it's pointless. I mean, if you have a degree from OAU in your CV, isn't it obvious that you attended a primary school?
I agree...it is pointless.....you have to had risen way above primary school level education to get to degree level......but....maybe you were home schooled... or attended special schools...but regardless ...it is pointless indeed. Is like "Coach, seeing that you just timed me running the 100 metres in 9.6 seconds...can you put me on the team to represent the country? ...do you need me to bring you videos showing I learned to creep?.....and when I was learning to walk?"
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by living2013(m): 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
udeh3:

Pls I need a guide to upgrade my resume udehgoodluck@gmail.com

check this thread www.nairaland.com/1812913/job-winning-cv . You can as well contact me if you need my help to rewrite/upgrade your cv successfully. Email: perfectcva2z@gmail.com
Re: Should Primary School Education Be Added To A CV? by sweettease(f): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
paschenko:

never mind bae ... drunk texting
Why are you baeing me tongue cheesy
I half expected an insult for your reply sha even though I really didn't get your point. what are you doing drinking on a Sunday afternoon tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bg Logistics / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics / First Bank Of Nigeria Insurance Is Recruiting (entry Level And Managerial Posts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.