Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Reasons Why I Am A Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Am A Christian. (741 Views)

Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by Arrowman(m): 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
Straight to the points..

*It was chosen to me by God.

*its a peaceful religion.

*cos of its miracles; if we should imitate our prophets in attitude,we should also imitate them by their works of miracles...and i found this only in Christianity...

*our holy bible is not just a book,but its life...the more i read,the closer im to God and the more satisfying and inspiring i become..

* Christianity is a true religion cos of its long existence.

*it has survived so many trials,hatred and oppositions.

*how it spread; i sometimes see missionaries as saints,just imaging the dangers they scared through,in course of spreading Christianity,you can imaging the seas they crossed in order to spread this religion...if truly Christianity is fake,God wouldn't have allowed them to scale through those dangers...it was the same missionaries that established most public schools and hospitals in some African countries...my naija is one of its biggest beneficiaries...wow! We all are enjoying the benefits now,and forgetting that their major aim was to spread Christianity...some have even taken over their establishments and tag them to their religion or government efforts...shame!! Christian Missionaries owns them all. know it today.

*Christian religion believes that any soul that does what pleases God and your neighbours shall inherit paradise,no bias in blessings.

*Christians believes that their is only one God(who works in dynamic ways) and that's why Jesus associated himself to HIM...and we believed, cos nothing is impossible in HIS side..

*we believe in hell and paradise.

*we believe that only sin will separate us from God,whether big or small is sin...

*We believe that Jesus Christ was dead and also rose up on the third day;many people argue much on this,but my question to them is,is their anything too big for God?
If God can make man out of the dust,if God sent Jesus to the earth through birth and let Him to die and rose up again,is it something too big for God to do?oh come on!
Is it beyond Gods power to send Jesus direct from heaven,just as the Jews expected?and still its not impossible for God to also take Jesus up without being killed...but thank God all critics came after its been written that Jesus was actually killed and arose to life after three days...so we Christians believes in that first account and all others are counterfeit...

*the last is that i am a living testimony,i live to testify that Christianity is a true religion..no two ways about that...

You can add yours,and i stand to be corrected...praise God.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by menesheh(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
How is Christianity real?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by Jeromejnr(m): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:
How is Christianity real?

How isn't it real?
Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by menesheh(m): 10:00pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

How isn't it real?

Are pushing the burden of proof to me? You are the one asserting that such a meduim real.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by johnydon22(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Arrowman:
Straight to the points..

* Christianity is a true religion cos of its long existence.
This probably will be my only post here.... Actually most of your points are funny especially this.

Hinduism is the very first known organized religion that humans came up with through out history... Almost 10,000BC ... Christianity has been around barely 1.8k years ago and Hinduism has been around almost 10k years now and is still the third largest religion in the world now alas following your analogy..

Hinduism is true because of it's longest existence

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:

Are pushing the burden of proof to me? You are the one asserting that such a meduim real.

Yup.

You keep saying its not real but yet have no proof.

Someone says "I encountered God" Therefore God is real to that person.

But skeptics say it is fake. Well where is the proof that it was fake? Where is the proof that that the sighting of the Lochness monster in the Scottish river was fake?

My point: Assumptions. Skeptics base their ideology on assumptions.

Because something was not experienced by them, then it can't be real.
Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by Arrowman(m): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
johnydon22:
This probably will be my only post here.... Actually most of your points are funny especially this.

Hinduism is the very first known organized religion that humans came up with through out history... Almost 10,000BC ... Christianity has been around barely 1.8k years ago and Hinduism has been around almost 10k years now and is still the third largest religion in the world now alas following your analogy..

Hinduism is true because of it's longest existence

*Christianity has survived so many trials,hatred and oppositions.
Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by frank317: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yup.

But skeptics say it is fake. Well where is the proof that it was fake? Where is the proof that that the sighting of the Lochness monster in the Scottish river was fake?

Be honest... If a Muslim says he encountered Allah and Allah told him he is the real God and not Yahweh... Would you believe him? Or would you call him fake?
Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by Jeromejnr(m): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
frank317:

Be honest... If a Muslim says he encountered Allah and Allah told him he is the real God and not Yahweh... Would you believe him? Or would you call him fake?

Yes I will believe someone appeared to him and said so. (Its nothing new)

Why?

Because I believe in the supernatural.

The Issue now is since we that believe in the supernatural know of the fight between good and evil over there, then we ask ourselves what the person encounters is it false or truth?

So now the question is, how do we know which is the false and the truth?...

But let me not jump the gun. We are still dealing with the basis, which is.... "Is God real?"
Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by johnydon22(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2015
Arrowman:

*Christianity has survived so many trials,hatred and oppositions.
So has Islam, Hinduism and many others . . Don't forget to add christianity has given others trials, hatred and opposition too just like islam also

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by menesheh(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yup.

You're missing something here, i never said that it's not real but i asked you why it is real although i don't buy the idea of it being real until the time you come-up with evidence to that assertion of its reality. Before you lay the burden of proof on me is if i said that it is not real. Check my previous comments on this post and tell me where i asserted that it is not real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Am A Christian. by Jeromejnr(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
menesheh:

You're missing something here, i never said that it's not real but i asked you why it is real although i don't buy the idea of it being real until the time you come-up with evidence to that assertion of its reality. Before you lay the burden of proof on me is if i said that it is not real. Check my previous comments on this post and tell me where i assert that it is not real.

That's what I've been saying all along, its real to us because of our own personal encounters.

Now the issue is, you want proof for our encounters in Christianity. To show its real.

I am not in the mood to get all preachy now, because at the end of the day that's not how it works trying to prove it to you.

Whether you believe it or nor, or like it or not, its only the person known as the Holy Spirit that can make it real to a person.

I have seen a monk floating in the air on the streets without anything on the ground (don't try to give any logical bla bla....I have also seen fake). But I didn't go and follow their religion just because I saw someone doing something supernatural.

Why?

Well, because I know the truth.

How do I know the truth?

That's another lecture entirely.

(1) (Reply)

Does God know EVERYTHING to d extent of knowing the choice we ll make? / Do We Pay Tithe On Gross Pay Or Net Pay? / Photo: Pregnant 15yrOld Girl Claims Jesus Sent The Holy Spirit To Impregnate Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.