Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Are Christians Not United? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Not United? (21825 Views)

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by menesheh(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
AustinBlinks:

Really man? atleast Christians all agreed that killing and terrorism is bad. islam on the other hand, we have terrorists who claim they would kill in the name of Allah and some muslims don't believe that. Religion has been diluted by cultures, practices and individual beliefs so don't blame the bible, ask people who read it if you can't read it. The holy bible is far from being confusing.

Why not contribute yours why Christians are not United since u are not aware that the bible contradicts and confusing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hugobuzz(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
the answer is very simple. it is because the Christian/muslim yorubas have always hated and will always hate the guts of the Christian ibos, and minority northern Christians.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by AustinBlinks(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
totorimi:
The reason is that many of the people parading themselves as Christians today are far from it although they go to church and have christian names but the truth is they are never Christ like. in fact the ought to be called Satan's in human skin
conduct a survey today and see the real people claiming to be Christians. they are the so called thieves, sex hawkers, liars, kidnappers and ritualist, so called ritualist,, the so called pastors, they lie to get by. Truly its hard to find a true Christian today. Going to church has become a social gathering for connections and fashion parade.
Hardly will you see them give an ordinary beggar at the gate of their churches any help.
They can't be united because its not in them.
And the muslims are United? why do some believe in terrorism and some don't? Atleast we believe in Jesus Christ as a saviour and we are UNITED IN OUR BELIEFS. Giving beggars money is bout individual personality, how often do u help beggars yourself? Don't place it on religion. You pple are quick to judge pastors as thieves and ritualist but fail to address Boko haram, Al-shabab, Al-queda that are all inslamic terrorism groups. until you people perfect Islam, don't go around judging Christianity because whether you like it or not, both religion has it's flaws. good day
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
God wants all good and righteous people to unite not only ' christians'. Indeed there are far better and well behaved people outside church than in the so called 'holy' church.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by AustinBlinks(m): 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
menesheh:

Why not contribute yours why Christians are not United since u are not aware that the bible contradicts and confusing.
Because unlike you, i see the good in things, not the bad. As long as we believe in Jesus, we are UNITED, it doesn't matter the doctrine, one way doesn't lead to the market as long as you get to the market. so you can go around talking bou how the bible confuses you, if you don't understand it, stop reading it or stop talking bout it, it's a free world. So nope, i won't talk about division and see the Unity. Good day
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by tobishills12(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:

Old generation churches like Catholics? That bow down to images and corpses? Is that what Jesus Christ told you to do?

Its so disturbing that I had to quote you, but I have no choice. your moniker itself is of no sense to me and so I will advice that you try take some egusi soup so u can get sense to some extent

Now to your comment

you opined that the catholics bow to image and corpses. where on earth do you get that from? was it your mothers corpse that was being bowed to?

OK let me lecture you

The Catholics do bowed to image because it is not against The Decalogue (the ten commandments). it was said that you should not bow to any graven image, yes! but don't you understand that motive is one of the principal function of worship? was it not the same God that gave the ten commandments that also instructed moses to make a clay serpent of which anyone that look up to it will be healed

I think that out of many instances has shown that images and statues can be used for the motive of worship to God

When I say worshiping God, don't get me wrong, the essence of statues in the catholic church is just to serve as a reminder to faithful about the life of the person in the image. don't you get it? if your mum died to save you from accident, how will you feel while checking her portrait on your wall?

Now to the Bowing issue

Bowing is just a means of respecting something or someone. should i surprise you to say that in the ancient Japan, bowing is equivalent to the western handshake and so get it that when the catholic bow to the statue of saints and Mary, they are respecting their lifestyle and not worship them as the catholic believes that only God (the trinity) is worthy of worship.

To the issue of praying to them, because I know you will still ask

Catholics are not praying to those saints, what they are doing is just to ask this saint to pray for them as you will notice—if you are conversant with their mode of worship: the priest will call the name of the saint (saint Cyprian) and the faithfuls will answer (pray for us). They only ask for the help of the saints which they believe are closer to God— why should they believe that? that's is a story for another day. At least many children will go to their mom to help them ask for anything from their Dad, if you believe am holy cant you ask me to pray for you or does it look like pastors don't pray for church members?

I hope you will not make such statement of fallacy again.

Don't mention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by EgusiSoup: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
fr3do:

when I said 'attaching', I dont mean Inclusion, inclusion is a healthy political strategy where you check and balance your administration by employing people from various interests.

Attaching as I used it, is when you constitutionalize the tenets of a particular religion, e.g muslim brotherhood of Egypt.

You are speaking English undecided
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by phyzdot: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
dapipson:
I beg to disagree with your first sentence. You don't really know who Muslims are.

Why do you have to disagree? It's tru bruv, musims enter any mosque anywhere to pray
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by AustinBlinks(m): 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
chysam:
If Bokoharam insurgents were Christians,they won't have lasted for more than two months as they would have since betrayed both themselves and their sponsors for the love of money and property acquisiton.The unity in Islam is the reason behind their sustenance.Until someone tell me in a very simple direct and clear explanation why Tithe collection is more important to a 21st century pastor than his progenitors who rejected and considered this practice as sin,I will continue to evaluate this unsolved mystery behind this thiefry to see if I can eventually unravel it.It is even more astonishing that Apostle Paul was given inspiration by God to teach christians how to give in their own way very different from that observable in a religion that even murdered them in their millions,but pastors will invent all forms of human and not biblical christians defence to skew issues and make this act look saintly and at the same time making jesus and the early christians that rejected it look like idiots .The disunity amongst christians has a lot to do with money and property acquisition.Christians leaders today choose to disobey christ by laying collosal treasures on earth against his advise that they should rather lay their treasures in Heaven.
See where your brains are man, atleast if Christians are Boko haram, the killings would have stopped by now. you are proud your religion is associated with terrorism becaus of being united, so called. someone should lock you up if you see terrorism as being United.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by bashsani(m): 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
Reyginus:
You mean?
they re antagonists against the teachings of islam to we muslims they re the worst sects of disbelievers openly fighting islam and it's teachings just as we cannot call the cult kkk christians
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by wittytezzy(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
missKiffy:
I agree with you op, another one is look at muslims for instance, they can enter any mosque at anywhere to pray, but we Christians even if we move out of town we would still be looking for our very own "brand" of church to worship, per adventure they don't find their church in the new town, some will decide to stay at home, rather than go to another church, one christian would say I can never attend that church, another would say I would rather sit at home than attend that church and we all call ourselves Christians. Theres obviously division among us

The question is which church did jesus himself or the bible recommend
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by ukeleh: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:

Which Allah are you talking about? The one that told you to bomb people and kill the infidels?

I wonder why Muslims can comment on Christian threads and Christians cannot?
you needed a solution to your problem and I told you where the solution lies, the next thing is for you to start hatred. You ask which Allah, Allah the Almighty God not Jesus because Jesus is not God but messager of God or rather, prophet of Almighty God.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
successinlife:

The man is talking on what he knows nothing about. Why is the ISIS & boko haram sect not considered muslims by other muslims,yet they read al quoran,pray 5 times a day.All religion falls into this scheme of imperfection.It is not peculiar to a particular sect.
including the Shiit Muslims
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Originalsly: 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by bashsani(m): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
successinlife:

Jesus is not the person that brought bible sir,this is what i am telling you.Learn and don't write blindly.
re u telling m that all in the bible is formulated? Don't u knw thr re laws decrees in the bible were they created by the authurs. Let m tell smthing u don't knw the present bible is compilation of the book given to Jesus plus whatever the authurs concocted so us we knw a book was given
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Icekyng: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2015
successinlife:

The man is talking on what he knows nothing about. Why is the ISIS & boko haram sect not considered muslims by other muslims,yet they read al quoran,pray 5 times a day.All religion falls into this scheme of imperfection.It is not peculiar to a particular sect.
Trying to pick an invalid point dat dsnt match
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by EgusiSoup: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
tobishills12:

Its so disturbing that I had to quote you, but I have no choice. your moniker itself is of no sense to me and so I will advice that you try take some egusi soup so u can get sense to some extent

Now to your comment

you opined that the catholics bow to image and corpses. where on earth do you get that from? was it your mothers corpse that was being bowed to?

OK let me lecture you

The Catholics do bowed to image because it is not against The Decalogue (the ten commandments). it was said that you should not bow to any graven image, yes! but don't you understand that motive is one of the principal function of worship? was it not the same God that gave the ten commandments that also instructed moses to make a clay serpent of which anyone that look up to it will be healed

I think that out of many instances has shown that images and statues can be used for the motive of worship to God

When I say worshiping God, don't get me wrong, the essence of statues in the catholic church is just to serve as a reminder to faithful about the life of the person in the image. don't you get it? if your mum died to save you from accident, how will you feel while checking her portrait on your wall?

Now to the Bowing issue

Bowing is just a means of respecting something or someone. should i surprise you to say that in the ancient Japan, bowing is equivalent to the western handshake and so get it that when the catholic bow to the statue of saints and Mary, they are respecting their lifestyle and not worship them as the catholic believes that only God (the trinity) is worthy of worship.

Catholics are not praying to those saints, what they are doing is just to ask this saint to pray for them as you will notice—if you are conversant with their mode of worship: the priest will call the name of the saint (saint Cyprian) and the faithfuls will answer (pray for us). They only ask for the help of the saints which they believe are closer to God— why should they believe that? that's is a story for another day. At least many children will go to their mom to help them ask for anything from their Dad, if you believe am holy cant you ask me to pray for you or does it look like pastors don't pray for church members?

Don't mention.

***continues eating more Egusi Soup**
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by tobishills12(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
chysam:
If Bokoharam insurgents were Christians,they won't have lasted for more than two months as they would have since betrayed both themselves and their sponsors for the love of money and property acquisiton.The unity in Islam is the reason behind their sustenance.Until someone tell me in a very simple direct and clear explanation why Tithe collection is more important to a 21st century pastor than his progenitors who rejected and considered this practice as sin,I will continue to evaluate this unsolved mystery behind this thiefry to see if I can eventually unravel it.It is even more astonishing that Apostle Paul was given inspiration by God to teach christians how to give in their own way very different from that observable in a religion that even murdered them in their millions,but pastors will invent all forms of human and not biblical christians defence to skew issues and make this act look saintly and at the same time making jesus and the early christians that rejected it look like idiots .The disunity amongst christians has a lot to do with money and property acquisition.Christians leaders today choose to disobey christ by laying collos treasures on earth against his advise that they should rather lay their treasures in Heaven.

Who told you Jesus reject tithe, don't you know that tithes were being offered in the temple during the time of Jesus?

Who are those progenitors that rejected tithes? don't you know its the commandment of God himself where he noted (first and the last) that Christians should tempt him and anybody who against this will face the consequences.

Nobody is forcing you to pay any tithe as the spiritual benefit will only abound on you and not the pastors. the question is that what will the full time pastors eat when they are fully in church and not working (for examples the catholic priests).

and if anybody is forcing you to pay tithe, then, that person is going against the will of God and will face the punishment as Jesus envisaged that false prophets will rise at the eve of the world and so don't be disturbed, just look for the true prophet by using the Bible as your guide. simple!

and does it look like the Islamic clerics are not fetish? Go to Ilorin, you will understand.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by tommysparks: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
tobishills12:

Now to your comment

OK let me lecture you

Now to the Bowing issue

Don't mention.
God bless you
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by EgusiSoup: 12:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
tommysparks:
God bless you

Pagan worshipers called Catholics grin
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hyperflex(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ever since churches started br asking up for personal reasons from the orthodox days like how the Anglican broke from Catholic but still kept the Catholic doctrines. john Wesley did his, Mormons, Jehovah Witness etc. Then the African factor too which is whatever we accept we over-accept it. Religion, politics, music (everybody wan sing), pure water n the list goes on. I still prefer the orthodox churches though because they preserved values and morals but even they r disturbed with so much politics. Since orthodox churches broke out from the Catholic church they cannot tell the new churches not to spring up. As long as they spring up people will always go. Irony is these new churches are arranged according to what these pastors see in American churches n all. In short they cannot align again. Just hope your pastor makes heaven cuz if he doesn't you can't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hyperflex(m): 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:

Pagan worshipers called Catholics grin

It is this same Catholic that has made it possible for u to belong or want to goto church today son. Your pastors feed u hate messages n u propagate it. Ride on
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by EgusiSoup: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2015
hyperflex:

It is this same Catholic that has made it possible for u to belong or want to goto church today son. Your pastors feed u hate messages n u propagate it. Ride on

I don't goto church. I go to white garment. Mind you. We hold our services close to the Lagos lagoon.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hyperflex(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
Your learning pastors who have left the real road of Christianity will tell u Muslims are going to hell for worshipping Allah and u follow them like mumus. Are they God that will judge all mankind? Or u want to tell me that those who died before Christ came or never heard of Christ till they died are going to hell?? Abeg
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hyperflex(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:

I don't goto church. I go to white garment. Mind you. We hold our services close to the Lagos lagoon.

Oga shey u be Oshoffa person abi na C&S...anyway bother believe n respect Mary mother of Jesus which is a doctrine Catholics are known for. Plus you don't goto Church?? My friend conform
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Faraidi(m): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday to y'all!

This question has always been popping in my mind for long. Whenever I visit churches around Nigeria I'm forced to wonder if this was what our Lord Jesus Christ had commanded us to go into the world to do.

Cover your hair, some say do not cover your hair! Women should wear trousers to church, some say come as you are. Some bow down to images and pray in ways different from others. The list goes on and on.

Our GOD is not a God of confusion!

Whats your take?

#EgusiSoup

Christianity is a scam
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by successinlife: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
bashsani:
re u telling m that all in the bible is formulated? Don't u knw thr re laws decrees in the bible were they created by the authurs. Let m tell smthing u don't knw the present bible is compilation of the book given to Jesus plus whatever the authurs concocted so us we knw a book was given

I think knowledge should be easy to acquire and not be arrogantly imposed on another person.Genesis,Exodus,till Deuteronomy were written by somebody,i will not go into details,i told you unlike the quoran,Jesus was not the one that brought the bible but if you want to force your knowledge on me,i will rather allow you to have your thoughts,i don't believe in imposing what i felt to be the truth to others.I think others need to know the exact truth i know with explanation.You said laws created by the others,since you know it and what you are dragging at is it is not holy book,me and you have no audacity to judge that and you concluded by saying the bible is given to Jesus by who?Hosea,malachai,isaiah etc these are prophets during their days and they existed before Jesus.No christian ever quoted or tell anybody that Jesus brought the bible,if you as a muslim knows better than the christian,that is great.
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by tommysparks: 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
hyperflex:
Your learning pastors who have left the real road of Christianity will tell u Muslims are going to hell for worshipping Allah and u follow them like mumus. Are they God that will judge all mankind? Or u want to tell me that those who died before Christ came or never heard of Christ till they died are going to hell?? Abeg
my brother, what most christian fanatics fail to understand is that Abraham, isaac Jacob, mosses, elijah, elisha job and even lazarus who was begging the richman for food before he died where all in heaven meanwhile they never knew christ. During the transfiguration moses and elijah appeared from heaven yet they did not know christ on earth. Jesus said except you pass through him u can't go to the father. What he meant was for people to imitate his lifestyle. When I hear some pastors saying give tour life to christ I laugh at thier ignorance. You give your life to God and you imitate the life of christ shikena

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Harfisco(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thats why ''ISLAM'' has been the best option since 630AD
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by Harfisco(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thats why ''ISLAM'' has been the best option since 570AD
Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by hyperflex(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
successinlife:

I think knowledge should be easy to acquire and not be arrogantly imposed on another person.Genesis,Exodus,till Deuteronomy were written by somebody,i will not go into details,i told you unlike the quoran,Jesus was not the one that brought the bible but if you want to force your knowledge on me,i will rather allow you to have your thoughts,i don't believe in imposing what i felt to be the truth to others.I think others need to know the exact truth i know with explanation.You said laws created by the others,since you know it and what you are dragging at is it is not holy book,me and you have no audacity to judge that and you concluded by saying the bible is given to Jesus by who?Hosea,malachai,isaiah etc these are prophets during their days and they existed before Jesus.No christian ever quoted or tell anybody that Jesus brought the bible,if you as a muslim knows better than the christian,that is great.

Jesus did not write the bible. He groomed the people that would later write it. And the Holy Roman Catholic Church thru the power it was given by Our Lord and Saviour thru the first pope Saint Peter of the Apostles shaped the bible that we use today. Why do I trust the Catholic Church? Because they were the first church. Even when Emperor Constantine accepted Christianity and replaced pagan celebrations with Christian ones. This is what Jehovah witness n the other churches accuse the Catholic of. They say they have pagan practices when the Catholic Church thru Emperor Constantine wanted it to appeal to pagans to win them over. If not for the Catholic Church there may never be Christianity. Take that to the bank.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Christians Not United? by tobishills12(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
I hope you can get this!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Know Evans, The kidnapper Can Still Make Heaven While You Rot In Hell? / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Enough Of These Lies By Lai Mohammed – CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.