Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home (1069 Views)

Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / Court Dissolves Marriage Of Woman Who Collects N500 From Husband Before Sex / When A Man Is Richer Vs When A Woman Is Richer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by iloriolushola(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2015
A grieving family is seeking closure after someone stole their daughter's body out of her casket at a Texas funeral home before she could be cremated following her funeral service in broad daylight., baffling police and forcing her family to deal with losing her a second time.Julie Mott, 25, died Aug. 8 after a life-long battle with cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease that causes persistent lung infections and limits the ability to breathe.Her body was stolen after her funeral in San Antonio on Aug. 15 which would have been her 26th birthday, Sgt. Javier Salazar said.Mott's body was discovered missing the next morning, when staff went to take her for cremation and found the casket had been broken into, Salazar said.But there were no signs of forced entry on the Mission Parks Funeral Chapel North home, and no alarms had gone off or been tampered with overnight. That means her body was likely stolen from a private viewing area between the end of the service at 1:30 p.m. and the end of the business day at 4:30 p.m. after the funeral."Whoever did it was pretty daring about it," Salazar said, noting the crime could have been committed by just one person or a group because Mott was petite.As to motive, "the possibilities are endless" and police will wait until they have apprehended a suspect to say why the crime occurred, he said.“Our No. 1 priority, of course, is getting her back to her family,” Salazar said. “A close second is to find out who the person was who did it and bring them to justice.”Dad Tim Mott begged for help finding his daughter's body."We just want our daughter's remains returned so we can have some closure to our grief," he said.The situation is especially heartwrenching because Mott was expected to live to just 3 years old, Salazar said. But her family"encouraged her to live" and have fun.She became a "vibrant, typical young girl" who loved to horseback ride but spent many days bedridden, Salazar said."It's heartbreaking to see a family that went through all that with her…now being put through this before being able to go through mourning and get the closure any family needs," he said.Friends mourned the second loss of the San Antonio College graduate who broughtjoy into their lives, despite her pain."So disturbing and unbelievable that someone would do this. RIP Julie and prayers to your family in this horrible time,"friend Jessica Payne wrote.The body theft is the first one in the funeralhome's 108-year history as the crime is not commonThe funeral home is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the body's discovery.NY Daily News.

http://lindaikeji..in/2015/08/body-of-woman-is-stolen-out-of-her.html

Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by DrObum(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Nawa oooo
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 23, 2015
CHRIST
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by Mariecakes(f): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2015
undecided
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by izeeqpotter(m): 7:39am On Aug 23, 2015
Or it just resurrected! And walked away

1 Like

Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by chukxie(m): 7:43am On Aug 23, 2015
I smell necrophilia.
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by witnezHD(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2015
izeeqpotter:
Or it just resurrected! And walked away
maybe rapture has happen unnoticed...
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by izeeqpotter(m): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2015
witnezHD:
o boy easy na.. Rapture can't leave me in Nairaland o kiss
witnezHD:
o boy easy na.. Rapture can't leave me in Nairaland o

1 Like

Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by witnezHD(m): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2015
izeeqpotter:
o boy easy na.. Rapture can't leave me in Nairaland o kiss o boy easy na.. Rapture can't leave me in Nairaland o
don't be afraid your duplex in hell is completed so you will have a place to stay
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by izeeqpotter(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2015
witnezHD:
don't be afraid your duplex in hell is completed so you will have a place to stay
;/ you must be an estate surveyor of hell

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by thorpido(m): 8:06am On Aug 23, 2015
I can't understand the motive for stealing the body in the US.If it was Africa,I would.
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by witnezHD(m): 8:06am On Aug 23, 2015
izeeqpotter:
grin
izeeqpotter:
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by izeeqpotter(m): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2015
witnezHD:
grin
so how market?? Lucifer comot? Abi e dey house?

1 Like

Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by iloriolushola(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2015
thorpido:
I can't understand the motive for stealing the body in the US.If it was Africa,I would.

Maybe Kongi or u no see say the babe fine?
Re: Body Of Woman Is Stolen Out Of Her Casket At A Funeral Home by thorpido(m): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2015
iloriolushola:

Maybe Kongi or u no see say the babe fine?
If na Konji,then the body robber must be a psycho who is into necrophilia.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Designer Wives / 11 Things Your Wife Won’t Tell You...great Facts You Must Know ! / Do You Guys Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.