Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! (10958 Views)

Life Is Hard. Where is God? Theists And Atheist Help, Anything. I Am Desperate! / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by onetrack(m): 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
But how do we explain Miracles and prophesies done in churches? ..if there can be a Spiritual healing to a problem science can't solve,don't u think there's a spiritual being somewhere :.

Also,if a Prophet can tell you a problem going on in your Family without u havin told him... Dnt u think there's a spiritual being somewhere??

All of these are just very clever fakers. They have been exposed as frauds many times.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Weah96: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
But how do we explain Miracles and prophesies done in churches? ..if there can be a Spiritual healing to a problem science can't solve,don't u think there's a spiritual being somewhere :.

Also,if a Prophet can tell you a problem going on in your Family without u havin told him... Dnt u think there's a spiritual being somewhere??

The answer to both questions is YES. If you see them, yes. But are there miracles in the churches like Mark 16:15-18 promised EVERY SINGLE BELIEVER? If not, who is performing the miracles?

The prophet who describes my private life is worthy of note. But it has to be precise and not generic information.

The bible represents a ton of nonsense and wickedness, among a few good things. For this and a multitude of other reasons, like the lack of endogenous anti venom, for example, it cannot be the word from the God whom you haven't seen or heard.

Maybe there's a God, but that bible doesn't come from the God. I see the works of man all through it.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by johnydon22(m): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
lol
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
Weah96:

The answer to both questions is YES. If you see them, yes. But are there miracles in the churches like Mark 16:15-18 promised EVERY SINGLE BELIEVER? If not, who is performing the miracles?

The prophet who describes my private life is worthy of note. But it has to be precise and not generic information.

The bible represents a ton of nonsense and wickedness, among a few good things. For this and a multitude of other reasons, like the lack of endogenous anti venom, for example, it cannot be the word from the God whom you haven't seen or heard.

Maybe there's a God, but that bible doesn't come from the God. I see the works of man all through it.
Bravo.. But it all boils down to the fact that there's a God somewhere!
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS and Youngpol,
have you read the stories of the following former atheists who died and why they gave their lives to Christ?

Thomas Welch. He fell from a great height and died instantly.

Howard Storm. Had a fatal disease and died after a nurse told him that a surgeon could not be found that day to treat him even though she expressed hope that one would be found the next day.

Ian McCormack. He went swimming with some friends in Mauritius, was stung by a box-jellyfish and died later.

Dr Eben Alexander. A neurosurgeon and atheist. Went into three weeks of coma when he succumbed to meningitis. All that time in coma, his brain was dead, yet he had consciousness.

These are just a few but are eye openers to let you know that atheists bask in ignorance, that is, until they come face to face with reality, especially through death, and all their argument against God's existence crumble into pieces.

Of course, there are former atheists who didn't need death to convince them of the truth in the Bible, but who can win an argument against death?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
onetrack:

All of these are just very clever fakers. They have been exposed as frauds many times.
Atheists u mean
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
onetrack:

Clearly, you've not met someone with the gift of prophecy neither have you met a prophet.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:
have you read the stories of the following former atheists who died and why they gave their lives to Christ?

Howard Storm. Had a fatal disease and died after a nurse told him that a surgeon could not be found that day to treat him even though she expressed hope that one would be found the next day.

Ian McCormack. He went swimming with some friends in Mauritius, was stung by a box-jellyfish and died later.

Dr Eben Alexander. A neurosurgeon and atheist. Went into three weeks of coma when he succumbed to meningitis. All that time in coma, his brain was dead, yet he had consciousness.

These are just a few but are eye openers to let you know that atheists bask in ignorance, that is, until they come face to face with reality, especially through death, and all their argument against God's existence crumble into pieces.

Of course, there are former atheists who didn't need death to convince them of the truth in the Bible, but who can win an argument against death?
Yu jst gave me hope brother! Thnx for your contribution!
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Weah96: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:

There probably is, but those Abrahamic religions don't know anything more about the God than you do right now. And they have the benefits of a 2000 yr head start.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Yu jst gave me hope brother! Thnx for your contribution!

You're welcome, brother. To God be the glory. Never be moved from the Faith. We know and we know that Jesus lives forever.

Atheists may argue, that's fine. But when death approaches, when they die in their unbelief, I hope they argue their way out of hell.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Weah96: 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

"The goal of ALL life is death." Freud.

How many Christians were in the world trade center when the earth opened up? How many Christians die in fiery plane crashes?

Everyone dies, including atheists, Christians, and Muslims, with the latter believing that you're so full of shyt, to the point where they KILL THEMSELVES.

That's how certain they are that YOU are talking rubbish!!! They prove their conviction by killing themselves. Put your life where your faith is, if they born you well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by jayriginal: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
youngpol:
Me too! Help!! I
There has to be God. There are way too many evil in this world for there not to be!

Therefore God?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by onetrack(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

Clearly, you've not met someone with the gift of prophecy neither have you met a prophet.

True, because neither exists.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by johnydon22(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Funny, the question here is;

Is it that there is or you think there must be, or you want it to be there is or you feel there should be ??

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by adewalker(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
. My brother there is indeed a God,bt u are not just in the right path to Him,pls don't mind wat people say,my brother find out about Islam on ur own,don't let here say cloud ur judgement,in the quran God says,how can you not believe in God,when he created u out of nothing,then u will be brought back to Him
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by plaetton: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
hmm.. If there turns out to be God that future'll be cut short

No dear.
If there turns out to be a God, does your intelligent mind tell you that the supposed architect of the universe would care about what you believe?
God, if it exists, would want you to be mentally soveriegn, to use your intellect to discover the blueprint of the universe, to hastily declogg your mind of useless stone-age superstitions, to add to his creation by evolving beyond fear, greed and other primordial instincts that are the hallmarks od religious beliefs.

Honestly, do you think that the so called god supposedly created the universe 14 billion years ago, so that 14 billion yrs later, you can accept the scribblings of stone-age sheep herders as the existential truths?

C'mon.

Religion itself is the surest proof that god is man made.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Rilwayne001: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2015
Loool... Christians turning atheists. Fake atheist BTW…
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
johnydon22:
Funny, the question here is;

Is it that there is or you think there must be, or you want it to be there is or you feel there should be ??
"There must be"! dats d word... Frm d facts gathered,there must indeed b a spiritual being(God) somewhere.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Rilwayne001: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
adewalker:
. My brother there is indeed a God,bt u are not just in the right path to Him,pls don't mind wat people say,my brother find out about Islam on ur own,don't let here say cloud ur judgement,in the quran God says,how can you not believe in God,when he created u out of nothing,then u will be brought back to Him

5million likes for this..^

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by johnydon22(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
"There must be"! dats d word... Frm d facts gathered,there must indeed b a spiritual being(God) somewhere.
There MUST be" Great and this shows your conviction of it stems from your own emotions of what you feel should be and do not coincide with what really might be

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by onetrack(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

Empty claims, all of them. Nothing at all to back up anything they say. There is no way to prove or disprove anything they said.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by plaetton: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

You're welcome, brother. To God be the glory. Never be moved from the Faith. We know and we know that Jesus lives forever.

Atheists may argue, that's fine. But when death approaches, when they die in their unbelief, I hope they argue their way out of hell.

This is so dumb.

I guess christians do not ever die in your universe.

I find that christians are much more afraid of death than atheists and people of other faiths.

Lol.
It must be the fear of hellfire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by onetrack(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2015
adewalker:

Islam and Christianity are no different than African, Roman, Greek, or Indian mythology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by wordcat(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:

Make believe that's what those miracles are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by plaetton: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:

What are the facts gathered that supports a spiritual God?

Now, again consider that universe has been chugging along for 14 billion yrs with or without a god.
Now, my question is why would the existence or non existence of this mysterious God make a difference in your very infinitestimally short existence?

Let me give another analogy to help you get the point.
Some species of living things have lifespan that is less than 24hrs. Do you think it makes any difference in their lives whether god exists or not, or whether they believe so or not?

My point in all this is : Is it important HOW WE LIVE or what we believe in our very short existence?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by wordcat(m): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

Yet you forgot to add the Rev. Father who died last week in the beach party organized for him by his parishioners. May be he is an Atheist too;

The Catholic community in Lagos is yet to come to terms
with the tragic death of Rev. Francis Alex Okafor. The man
drowned during a send-forth party organised in his honour
at the Ibeshe Beach in Oriade Local Council Development
Area of the state. Eyewitness account said, while Rev. Okafor
and some of his guests were swimming, a strong current
came and carried him, together with some of the people.
Divers who were immediately mobilised were able to rescue
three of them, while Rev Okafor could not be found. Two
days after, his lifeless body was found floating at the edge of
the sea.
Rev. Okafor who was in his 30s, was ordained Deacon on
July 4, 2015, and was subsequently posted to St. Stephen’s
Catholic Church, Agboju, Lagos for the mandatory six weeks
apostolic work.
Describing the incident as a rude shock, Mr. Percy Okuofo,
president of Redemption Youth Vocation Ministry (RYVM),
the group which organised the ill-fated send-forth, told
Saturday Sun that the late Reverend was an excellent
example to the youths.
According to him,
By Catholic rules, before one could become a priest, he
must have undergone about nine years of intensive and
rigorous training, which also involves an apostolic work in a
Catholic church. This would enable him to get acquainted
with all it takes to celebrate a mass and acquire more
experience in the various aspects of church administration.
For the late Rev he has already been ordained a deacon,
and waiting to be ordained a priest next year.
Having completed the six weeks apostolic work at St.
Stephen’s Catholic Church Agboju, the late Okafor was full of
joy and was warming up to meet his family in Zaria. The Par­
ish Priest Rev. Father Michael Okoh, the parishioners and
the members of the church planned a colourful send-forth
for him on Sunday, August 16, after which he would leave
for further engagements.
Ahead of the proposed sent-forth party, the youths of the
church under the umbrella of RSYVM, decided to organise
the beach party for him.
Battling to control his tears, Okuofo said:
while some of the youths and the late Reverend were
swimming, three of them, including the clergy were swept
away by a strong current and vanished in the water.
Onlookers and other swimmers were surprised at what had
happened and immediately went on a rescue mission.
Luckily, some divers around were able to save two of the
youths, a boy and a girl, while Okafor’s body could not be
found. We kept monitoring the area till his bloated body
surfaced.
The late Okafor who hailed from Anambra State, was trained
by his single mother. He was to be ordained priest in July
2016, after about nine years training. It was also learnt that
he was the only son of his parents.
http://www.ngtrends.com/2015/08/catholic-clergy-drowns-
during-his-send-forth-party-at-lagos-beach/

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
onetrack:

Can you ever be 100% certain? You should always be open to the possibility of being wrong for one reason or another. Humility should be a primary trait for someone who prefers reason over faith. However, I can accept that 2+2 =4 with conviction because all other answers are falsifiable.
Lololol. onetrack , what are you doing? No wahala. I give up.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
plaetton:

What are the facts gathered that supports a spiritual God?

Now, again consider that universe has been chugging along for 14 billion yrs with or without a god.
Now, my question is why would the existence or non existence of this mysterious God make a difference in your very infinitestimally short existence?

Let me give another analogy to help you get the point.
Some species of living things have lifespan that is less than 24hrs. Do you think it makes any difference in their lives whether god exists or not, or whether they believe so or not?

My point in all this is : Is it important HOW WE LIVE or what we believe in our very short existence?
Interesting! But i'l believe u totally if u can explain why there are miracles where medicine failed.. And why a Man u've never met b4 suddenly tells u a misfortune that happened to previously.... Why are there Miracles and Prophesies if there's no spiritual being somewhere

I'll cherish it if i get a logical reply.thnx
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by plaetton: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Interesting! But i'l believe u totally if u can explain why there are miracles where medicine failed.. And why a Man u've never met b4 suddenly tells u a misfortune that happened to previously.... Why are there Miracles and Prophesies if there's no spiritual being somewhere

I'll cherish it if i get a logical reply.thnx
There are no such things as miracles.
This is trick word used to decieve little minds.

That you don't understand how something happened does not make it a miracle.

Some diseases go into remission without medical treatment. The human body is evolved to protect, repair and rebuild itself. Modern medicine only assists the body in doing these.
Also, The body also has 4.7billion yrs of evolutionary information stored in the genes, that make anything possible.

Prophets are conmen. Period.

Anyone who can tell the future should be able use such knowledge to help all of humanity in avoiding Wars, disease epidemics, natural dissasters, even financial and economic dissasters.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by iamtewwy(m): 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

lol bros u funny oo! how many christians/muslims were blown to piece in bornu! those student and trauellers that died in a fatal accident on benin ore express way or lagos ibadan express way, no those ones are atheist na? the bikers crushed into piece by tipper on third mainland is an athiest abi?, so because an atheist die painfully is a record that your God exist? nigga death is natural! na ur religious people sef dey die pass grin
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by adewalker(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
onetrack:

Islam and Christianity are no different than African, Roman, Greek, or Indian mythology.
. How is islam related to these religions u quoted
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by dalaman: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

I don't know of the others but Dr Eben Alexander was never an atheist, he has been exposed as a fraud. The doctor that was present when he went into coma has stated that he lied about many things he said. She is also a christian by the way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.