Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! (10959 Views)

Life Is Hard. Where is God? Theists And Atheist Help, Anything. I Am Desperate! / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Mr Man, if you know what is good for you, reduce your association with atheists and for God's sakes, stop all the ungodly and profitless arguments that do not edify either you or Christ. Evil companionship corrupts good manners. How can you allow unbelievers sway you, a child of God? Don't you know all power have been given unto you?

There is a God, there is heaven, and there is hell. Anyone who can sit down and say they don't exist is lost and only the mercy of God will open their eyes. However, God said "I will show mercy to whom I may show mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I may have compassion- Rom 9:15.

For God's sakes, you are on the road to perdition if you don't immediately cut off your association with your atheist friends and ask God for mercy and forgiveness.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.- Prov 14:12 (KJV)

Fair enough you want him to disassociate himself from people who actually reason and be like you? I know how you feel- those without hope would also want others to be as confused as hopeless like them.

Did you just quote from the King James's version of the bible? Are you even aware that that is the 16th version of the bible lol. The bible is like the Nigerian constitution which the rich always twist to suit themselves.

Think of this, will a white god ever die for a black man? Perhaps you have forgotten the book claimed we are a cursed race who needs to be enslaved and eventually eradicated off the face of this planet.

What exactly have you benefited from this god that atheist do not already have? Be honest.

Was the bible used to abolish slavery? No! Why do you think the writers of the book ever thought about a 10th class black fellow like you? Liverpool used to be a poor stinking city, but became wealthy with the blood of your ancestors and you are here defending a book that belongs to the bin.

Mind you, while you are busy reading your beloved book, the white man is busy advancing in technology. That is why you will ever remain a race of consumers and not manufactures. Poor soul.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2015
ifeness:

Fair enough you want him to disassociate himself from people who actually reason and be like you? I know how you feel- those without hope would also want others to be as confused as hopeless like them.

Did you just quote from the King James's version of the bible? Are you even aware that that is the 16th version of the bible lol. The bible is like the Nigerian constitution which the rich always twist to suit themselves.

Think of this, will a white god ever die for a black man? Perhaps you have forgotten the book claimed we are a cursed race who needs to be enslaved and eventually eradicated off the face of this planet.

What exactly have you benefited from this god that atheist do not already have? Be honest.
Look, ifeness, I will ignore your insults and will not argue with you. Neither will I explain myself to a scoffer and stiff necked heathen.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Look, ifeness, I will ignore your insults and will not argue with you. Neither will I explain myself to a scoffer and stiff necked heathen.

I'm not shocked neither do i pity you. You are nothing but a slaved who have acclimated to his condition. You wanna pick up a white man's cross and follow him? Be my guest cool

3 Likes

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2015
ifeness:

Was the bible used to abolish slavery? No

your question about the abolishment of the slave trade caught my attention, and your answer was NO. Permit me to say you know nothing about william wilberforce, neither do you have the slightest idea of what he went through before the law of the abolishment was passed. he was a bible fanatic and a christain to the marrow. so your response to your question was wrong.
my problem with you athiests is that you people won't yield, no matter what you are told. my prayer for you people is that you have a personal encounter with God himself, just as paul had...
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

ishi, i beg you to do that which you've just said. those so called athiest are so impervious and adamant, not willing to yield to whatsoever. i sometimes pity them. just pray for them to have a personal encounter witi christ himself.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2015
ifeness:

I'm not shocked neither do i pity you. You are nothing but a slaved who have acclimated to his condition. You wanna pick up a white man's cross and follow him? Be my guest cool
You don't pity me, but I pity you so so much.

Father, show them mercy, for they have been given over to a reprobate mind.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 10:52am On Aug 24, 2015
@BrightRivers, read this chapter from Romans 1 vs 21

21Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. (NLT)

Arguing with atheists is a complete waste of time because they don't seek knowledge but rather just want to prove a point that they are right. The devil has built mansions in their hardened hearts and it will take only a 'Paul encounter' to open their eyes.

Verse 28 says "Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.

To go further:

Do not have anything to do with foolish and stupid discussions, because you know they breed arguments. -2 tim 2 vs 23.

Even before verse 23, verse 16 soundly exhorts that we should but shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Babbling here means 'arguments'. What have your arguments with your atheist friends benefited you? Nothing! Instead, it has only succeeded in jeopardising your faith and relationship with God.

That is why I never follow atheists to argue. Never, both online on Nairaland and offline.

I am not saying you should turn these fellows to your enemies, no. What I am saying is when they want to start their iranu arguments, just tell them you don't want to argue and change the subject, otherwise on the judgement day the Lord will tell all of you ''DEPART, o ye workers of iniquity! I know ye not"

Let he who has ears hear.

Cc: Dharniel.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:
@BrightRivers, read this chapter from Romans 1 vs 21

21Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. (NLT)

Arguing with atheists is a complete waste of time because they don't seek knowledge but rather just want to prove a point that they are right. The devil has built mansions in their hardened hearts and it will take only a 'Paul encounter' to open their eyes.

Verse 28 says "Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.

To go further:

Do not have anything to do with foolish and stupid discussions, because you know they breed arguments. -2 tim 2 vs 23.

Even before verse 23, verse 16 soundly exhorts that we should but shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Babbling here means 'arguments'. What have your arguments with your atheist friends benefited you? Nothing! Instead, it has only succeeded in jeopardising your faith and relationship with God.

That is why I never follow atheists to argue. Never, both online on Nairaland and offline.

I am not saying you should turn these fellows to your enemies, no. What I am saying is when they want to start their iranu arguments, just tell them you don't want to argue and change the subject, otherwise on the judgement day the Lord will tell all of you ''DEPART, o ye workers of iniquity! I know ye not"

Let he who has ears hear.

Cc: Dharniel.
Awesome! D portions u highlighted brought Light to my thoughts.Thnx a whole lot...Was thinkin beating them in the numerous arguments we've had'll simply mk dem change.Un4tunately d reverse is d case.. I reali love arguein but i guess i'll have to stop all Atheistic arguments, Thnx again bro
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 11:10am On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Awesome! D portions u highlighted brought Light to my thoughts.Thnx a whole lot...Was thinkin beating them in the numerous arguments we've heard'll simply mk dem change.Un4tunately d reverse is d case.. I reali love arguein but i guess i'll have to stop all Atheistic arguments, Thnx again bro
Thank God

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Awesome! D portions u highlighted brought Light to my thoughts.Thnx a whole lot...Was thinkin beating them in the numerous arguments we've had'll simply mk dem change.Un4tunately d reverse is d case.. I reali love arguein but i guess i'll have to stop all Atheistic arguments, Thnx again bro

Ishilove ain't a "bro"
gringringrin
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by frank317: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Thank God

lol... he is just still working on his mind. he is definitely going to be an atheist soon. Oh... thank God I dont believe in him, after all in everything, give thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

Ishilove ain't a "bro" gringringrin
You serious? grin
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
You serious? grin
Yep, she's a "she"
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
frank317:

lol... he is just still working on his mind. he is definitely going to be an atheist soon. Oh... thank God I dont believe in him, after all in everything, give thanks.
And now i'm Done workin on my mind..d Day Afrocandy repent and become a Rev.Sister dat same day i'll be an atheist cool
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

Yep, she's a "she"
And she dint even bother correcting me..Cool #Thnx bro for d correction wink
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
And she dint even bother correcting me..Cool #Thnx bro for d correction wink

don't mind her, if it were to ban you now, she wouldn't hesistate...
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
frank317:

That's your cuppa, bob grin

Long time. How you dey?
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

See beef grin
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
And now i'm Done workin on my mind..d Day Afrocandy repent and become a Rev.Sister dat same day i'll be an atheist cool
Korrect wink

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

Ishilove ain't a "bro"
gringringrin
Amebo tongue
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
So let me break my silence concerning my earlier post.

@ weah96, Plaetton, wordcat, iamtewwy, and keenn.

After reading Keenn's comment where he quoted me, it suddenly dawned on me why my post has been grossly misunderstood and this is what I want to address.

You guys misunderstood my post to mean that the people whose stories I advised the Op to read died because they were atheists. That idea, if one ever had it, is not only laughable but also shocking and absurd altogether. Dalaman was the only person who seemed to understand my post but he quoted me only to refute the claims of Dr Eben Alexander.

Everybody dies whether atheist, Christian, Muslim...oh please, I don't even want to dwell on that. It is only common sense.

As regards my post where I quoted atheists who died, you guys hastily overlooked an additional sentence in which I said they gave their lives to Christ. Their 'stories' means their testimonies. They died and came back to life. Their experience of death changed their former opinion of the existence of God - forever. That is why they serve God faithfully today because they have SEEN for themselves that God truly exists and science cannot explain His existence.

If you seek evidence of the existence of God, it has always been there, staring at you. I will tell you why.

You say testimonies cannot be verified yet you know millions of people saying the same thing have no ulterior motive. By reason of their great and swelling number, which cannot be said of any religion on earth, the argument of 'joint collaboration to spread the Gospel with false stories' has been abolished by time, space, distance and age. It is utterly impossible to conceive such notion given these extremely limiting or hindering factors.

Secondly, the argument of hallucination, that is, a huge population of people all suffering the same hallucination throughout the ages, particularly Christians, is impossible to hold and ridiculously illogical. First, it would have to be attributed to an agent responsible for such hallucination. Till today, the said agent of hallucination has remained obscure or unknown. In addition to that, the agents causing such hallucination would be so widespread that they would have to circulate the whole world. Then, the agents would have to strictly select Christians - man, woman, boy, girl, child - as their hosts, and finally, they must have been in existence for 2000 years now. Merely reading this shows tons of error behind this reasoning. That is not all. What about the selection of 'Christians' who were but atheists and pagans or idol worshipers when they witnessed Christ? The hallucination argument is a futile attempt to discredit the testimonies of people who have witnessed God.

Is that enough verification?

If there is true conviction in the deities of the various religions of the world, why are their adherents not witnessing to the whole world of the reality of their gods in the various geographical locations of the world as the existence of God is witnessed today by countless number of people or Christians of different races, ages, and backgrounds? Islam is the most widely practiced religion in the world yet you can never find one among them who claims to have seen Allah or had conversation with him as hundreds of thousands of Christians have done and do with the Father or Jesus or the Holy spirit.

It remains that if you refuse to believe the existence of God, it is not because there is no evidence of God; it is because you detest the idea of a God to whom you will give an account of how you spent your life on earth, and who punishes or rewards you accordingly. In that case, God is just and righteous in His judgment because it is what you want that He gives you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

Seriously she has such powers??
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:

Although I admire your resolve to stand firm in the faith, but don't you think this statement exhibits over confidence?

Over confidence in God is encouraged because God never changes, however, humans do.

History is replete with the vilest sinners who gave their lives to Christ, and notable followers of Christ who fell from the faith.

With God all things are possible - even the genuine repentance of Afrocandy.

You could say something like, "The day scientists discover the evidence of God's existence using tubes, and microscopes and blood sample is the day I become an atheist." Just a suggestion sha. smiley
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
CaptainJune:

Although I admire your resolve to stand firm in the faith, but don't you think this statement exhibits over confidence?

Over confidence in God is encouraged because God never changes, however, humans do.

History is replete with the vilest sinners who gave their lives to Christ, and notable followers of Christ who fell from the faith.

With God all things are possible - even the genuine repentance of Afrocandy.

You could say something like, "The day scientists discover the evidence of God's existence using tubes, and microscopes and blood sample is the day I become an atheist." Just a suggestion sha. smiley
Lol i understand..But Afrocandy becoming a Rev.Sister in a country like Nigeria is just not possible considering the criterias one must attain to be ordained a Rev.Sis cool
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Adwexky(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
4 years now i've been sorrounded by friends that are atheist.Almost everyday we argue If actually there's God or not.I've always believed there's God,tho i've not seen him.But jst recently d points made by my atheist frnds keep ringging a strong bell in my mind and now i've missed Sunday service 4 about 4straight sundays and stil counting..now i'm begining to think there's no God up there.How do i get back on track?? i've received advices to quit d frndship with my atheist frnds,but that will not be healthy for my accademic life. Guys help!

# Rivers

Bro! kindly seek for a Bible believing church. where you can grow in the word of God. what make your friends thoughts to tell on you is because, you have abstain from the true word of God, to thereby grow. imagine if you are the one influencing your friends with the word of God, they would think of becoming a true Christian also, and vice versa.

GOD IS A SPIRIT, YOU CAN FIGURE HIM OUT WITH YOUR REASONING, REASON IS TO THE FLESH NOT TO THE SPIRIT.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by macof(m): 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2015
Reyginus:
And after acquiring reason you have the conviction (faith) that it is the ultimate?
faith = delusions

reason doesn't result into delusions

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by CaptainJune: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Lol i understand..But Afrocandy becoming a Rev.Sister in a country like Nigeria is just not possible considering the criterias one must attain to be ordained a Rev.Sis cool

Lol. Owkay, I get it now.

1 Like

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Seriously she has such powers??

Guy are new on NL or a converted guest?
you mean you don't know the "ALMIGHTY SUPERMOD, ISHILOVE"
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by macof(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2015
Ishilove

atheist don't seek knowledge but just want to prove a point that they are right?

well its not atheist that damn those who don't agree with them to eternal horrors of hell. .. its not atheist that reject knowledge outside what their pastor says
it's not atheist that limit themselves to one book...depriving themselves of immense knowledge out there
I mean how many Christians know the origins of christianity?
how many even know that the New Testament was originally written in Greek?
you have asked the op to disassociate from his friends because you selfishly want him to be like you. .. people after knowledge don't wish to restrict themselves or others like this

if you don't know simple history of your beliefs, how can you know anything else?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
CaptainJune:
So let me break my silence concerning my earlier post.

@ weah96, Plaetton, wordcat, iamtewwy, and keenn.

After reading Keenn's comment where he quoted me, it suddenly dawned on me why my post has been grossly misunderstood and this is what I want to address.

You guys misunderstood my post to mean that the people whose stories I advised the Op to read died because they were atheists. That idea, if one ever had it, is not only laughable but also shocking and absurd altogether. Dalaman was the only person who seemed to understand my post but he quoted me only to refute the claims of Dr Eben Alexander.

Everybody dies whether atheist, Christian, Muslim...oh please, I don't even want to dwell on that. It is only common sense.

As regards my post where I quoted atheists who died, you guys hastily overlooked an additional sentence in which I said they gave their lives to Christ. Their 'stories' means their testimonies. They died and came back to life. Their experience of death changed their former opinion of the existence of God - forever. That is why they serve God faithfully today because they have SEEN for themselves that God truly exists and science cannot explain His existence.

If you seek evidence of the existence of God, it has always been there, staring at you. I will tell you why.

You say testimonies cannot be verified yet you know millions of people saying the same thing have no ulterior motive. By reason of their great and swelling number, which cannot be said of any religion on earth, the argument of 'joint collaboration to spread the Gospel with false stories' has been abolished by time, space, distance and age. It is utterly impossible to conceive such notion given these extremely limiting or hindering factors.

Secondly, the argument of hallucination, that is, a huge population of people all suffering the same hallucination throughout the ages, particularly Christians, is impossible to hold and ridiculously illogical. First, it would have to be attributed to an agent responsible for such hallucination. Till today, the said agent of hallucination has remained obscure or unknown. In addition to that, the agents causing such hallucination would be so widespread that they would have to circulate the whole world. Then, the agents would have to strictly select Christians - man, woman, boy, girl, child - as their hosts, and finally, they must have been in existence for 2000 years now. Merely reading this shows tons of error behind this reasoning. That is not all. What about the selection of 'Christians' who were but atheists and pagans or idol worshipers when they witnessed Christ? The hallucination argument is a futile attempt to discredit the testimonies of people who have witnessed God.

Is that enough verification?

If there is true conviction in the deities of the various religions of the world, why are their adherents not witnessing to the whole world of the reality of their gods in the various geographical locations of the world as the existence of God is witnessed today by countless number of people or Christians of different races, ages, and backgrounds? Islam is the most widely practiced religion in the world yet you can never find one among them who claims to have seen Allah or had conversation with him as hundreds of thousands of Christians have done and do with the Father or Jesus or the Holy spirit.

It remains that if you refuse to believe the existence of God, it is not because there is no evidence of God; it is because you detest the idea of a God to whom you will give an account of how you spent your life on earth, and who punishes or rewards you accordingly. In that case, God is just and righteous in His judgment because it is what you want that He gives you.
PREACH!!! cheesy

Although I don't know why you even bother.
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by Ishilove: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

Lol. Nothing 'almighty' about being an ex-supermod cheesy
Re: I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
Dharniel:

Hmm! Vbin a guest 4 a long time b4 joinin earlier dis year..always see ppl Taggin d name bt never knew why. #Nw i Knw smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / Pastafarians, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.