Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

How To Control Stuttering - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Control Stuttering (3148 Views)

I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me / Trying To Control Sex Urge, Man Wounds Himself. / Manufacturers Create Life-life Child Dolls For Paedophiles To Control Attraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Control Stuttering by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
I stammer, but is more intense when talking with someone am so much afraid of, like my uncle. cry But whenever am in an argument or talking with my friends. I don't stammer at all. I use to be a heavy stammerer, but learning to relax before speaking has been a good trick. In fact, one of the most effective tip is having a healthy self esteem. I can walk into an office and talk with whosoever is there without the dude knowing that i stammer. As for public speaking, mehn... That's my favorite part. I dnt stammer at all. Am a singer too. I have never stammer when singing and i have a great vocals. U will only discover my flaw when am talking one on one with u. I have also learn to use a different word synomously if am likely to stammer over the previous word. If u wanna make me sad and angry. Imitate me, i can break a head cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Control Stuttering by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
HenryDion:
I stammer, but is more intense when talking with someone am so much afraid of, like my uncle. cry But whenever am in an argument or talking with my friends. I don't stammer at all. I use to be a heavy stammerer, but learning to relax before speaking has been a good trick. In fact, one of the most effective tip is having a healthy self esteem. I can walk into an office and talk with whosoever is there without the dude knowing that i stammer. As for public speaking, mehn... That's my favorite part. I dnt stammer at all. Am a singer too. I have never stammer when singing and i have a great vocals. U will only discover my flaw when am talking one on one with u. I have also learn to use a different word synomously if am likely to stammer over the previous word. If u wanna make me sad and angry. Imitate me, i can break a head cheesy

Keep it up bro! U re doing well. Talking with my dad and greeting him is difficult for me, maybe too much respect! Except he looks at me face to face. If one imitates me, I just take it he or she is immature or childish. You made a fine point with the self esteem point. With that u talk freely with people!
Re: How To Control Stuttering by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nice topic
I stammer a lot especially when am excited, angry.. that I prefer to express my feelings in words than to talk cos I can burst into tears...
I'm more conscious of it now that I take it slow and steady, I smile when I know I'm angry then talk about it later.
I'm happy though that I didn't end up dump cos my mum said I didn't talk until I was 3years old
Re: How To Control Stuttering by thababe: 3:12pm On May 16, 2016
Alot of stutterers/stammerers are evry calm and cool. Its a myth that we all have a temper..smiley read some very useful tips on this on BellaNaija
https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/05/chiomah-momah-let-your-voice-be-heard-5-tips-to-help-you-deal-with-stuttering/
Re: How To Control Stuttering by Ayinoluwa: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys! I am Ayinoluwa and I have created a Facebook support group for Stutterers in Nigeria. It is called StutterNigeria. We need to support ourselves here since professional help is not easy to find. We also need a platform to encourage each other and help spread awareness. The advice that has been giving on here is brilliant and I hope, with the support group, we can become a community to advice and encourage each other. Please join StutterNigeria on Facebook and invite others too! See you on the group.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend Is Sneaking Out Of Her Matrimonial Home. / Why Did My Father Marry My Mother? / PHOTO The Best Way To "Beat" Your Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.