Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,590 members, 7,801,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks (44188 Views)

Senators Crack Jokes Over Buhari’s Remarks On Wife / Breaking News ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks / ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
abbey621:

The beauty of free speech is that it can be negative or positive, you can agree with it or disagree but it should not be restricted. We've seen politicians said worse things and they were not crucified, you people need to get over yourselves! Personally I feel the Oba was wrong to make such a statement but expecting the ICC to sanction him is just plain ridiculous!
okk
Let's meet in court at hague

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by patrick89(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
scholes0:

Okay 1/40 seats for you = no man's land
even the minorities in the UK parliament have far more than that, and no one is shouting "no man's land"
I just pity you lot, with this attritious attitudes of yours. ... you guys have this special ability to cause friction between yourselves, and others around you... and for what exactly? silly reasons.

You are really despicable and pathetic!! We're you not the people taunting them of not having any seat? you listed the appointment made by Ambode and he didn't include ndigbo and you were mocking them with that! only for you to turn around and blame them... Thunder will visit liars

4 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
RickyTan:

Of course Lagos preceded oil but it was NOT the mega city that it has become. Today Lagos is probably the biggest city in all of AFRICA. We are all very proud of Lagos. Trying to exclude anybody is courting disaster and problems.

Lagos grew to Mega City status because of Nigerian oil resources and because it was Nigeria's capital. Just Like Abuja has grown because of Nigerian oil resources and because it is Nigeria's capital.
Cut it short , most of you are lad and not well schooled. Discovery oil was not with jigger but money gotten from coaco, groundnut and palm oil.
Majoriy of the development in lagos was from sw, ask your elder the place call boundary and western avenue in lagos. SW then was from ojuelegba below.
Meanwhile, history confirm that calabar was the first colonial seat of power it also have river/port . What attracted them to lagos "development and exposure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by abbey621(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lemon12:
okk
Let's meet in court at hague

Lol....You're still dreaming grin grin grin Mark my words, the Oba won't set a foot in court!
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by ugoezeik(m): 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
Editor1:
Wait o...Is dis Oba still alive? thought he was among the dead Bristol Helicopter victims.

An Oba who wishes me dead, does not deserve life!
We don't need ICC in dis matter...Oba must die by Lagoon!!!
lol u r nt serox. but he wasn't in d copter na. u wickedness sha
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by patrick89(m): 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
scholes0:

Point of correction, Yorubas don't despise Ijaws.
Do you say this because of the events of the last election
Liars and ritualist!! I know you people like my hand! you cal GEJ drunkard! I know how you despise ijaw! one of you told me that they'll continue to milk you and they can not do anything. You liars are evil I must say!!!

6 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by teamchocolate: 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
@ severus why are u cursing the Oba online.... if u live in Lagos and are so bold, u can go to his palace and go and curse him there... ode!!

SeverusSnape:

Oba Akiolu is a Stu_pid fool. Yes, I said it. He's a foolish and uncouth neanderthal.

Now do your worst!
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
abbey621:

Lol....You're still dreaming grin grin grin Mark my words, the Oba won't set a foot in court!
mark mine too

... Oba is on his way to jail

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
Rotimi47:
june 12 was majorly a Yoruba thing as all other tribes left the Yorubas to carry their cross alone, the igbos ran away from Lagos and everywhere they were leaving in the south west saying now the Yorubas most fight their own civil war; that I will never forget because your people left Lagos and the south west in very large numbers, it was like an exodus. So stop lying behind your teeth.
Thanks , igbo wanted 2000 yoruba casualties from june 12 but yoruba fought with brain not cutlass.
Tinubu that they all hate lead NADECO operation with radio kudurat that got international intervention which gave birth to democracy today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by teamchocolate: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
That's the point you yeeboes don't get! An Oba can never apologise..thats why they are called kabiyesi.. meaning kabiyor osi.. no one can ever ask u..he does things and gets away with it! Until u understand yoruba culture to some extent,u lot will keep having problems in Lagos, which I must remind you is yoruba-land

Rose2014:

Me thinks if he had offered an unreserved apology, the matter wouldn't have escalated.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lemon12:
mark mine too

... Oba is on his way to jail
Jail for alteration , is that equal to murder ? Wake up from your slumber .
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by teamchocolate: 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Then ur not yoruba.. a Yoruba Oba can NEVER apologise... he will rather die

AikayDaWrapper:

I'm not ibo but I'm sorry to say this is a silly statement.

Nobody! Even if you are the president of the gaddamn United States is beyond an apology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Emilokoiyawon: 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
aresa:

Last time we checked after June 12, you lying cowards forgot that Lagos was no man's land, you packed your load, your goats, your family and formed ekenedilishuku exodus back to your villages..

Do you clowns and cowards know who stayed in Lagos to defend Lagos? Lagosians/Yoruba people, the real owners.

When Hausa people slaughtered over 60,000 ibo people up north exactly what did you do? You stayed and fight? No, you formed the same exodus like cowards and ran back to your villages?

When Ojuku got his asss whooped nko? Exactly what did he do? The coward picked race and ran out of the country dressed like a woman...

You people are shallow and empty cowards with zero sense of worth and belonging...

Sadly, you village clowns don't know your history, but we do and we'll keep reminding you always..

cool cool Gbam!!! Preach brother cool cool

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2015
teamchocolate:
@ severus why are u cursing the Oba online.... if u live in Lagos and are so bold, u can go to his palace and go and curse him there... ode!!

There is only one tribe that has no respect for their elders. You only exhibite your cultural belief here.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by SeverusSnape(m): 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
teamchocolate:

I don't reside in Lagos. But that doesn't change the fact that Oba Akiolu is a monumental disgrace to royal fathers nationwide.

3 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

Jail for alteration , is that equal to murder ? Wake up from your slumber .
for inciting genocide on a tribe grin
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
teamchocolate:

Well then our English vocabulary has combined two words for such people.

arrogant + fo.ol
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
teamchocolate:

That is fact
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by iammrjohnson(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2015
am yoruba and i know that was a silly,unwise and racist statement by the king..

nigeria works because most yorubas go to school,most ibos are into business and most hausa are in the military and also into farming,many other tribes into different sectors that makes nigeria work as a nation

although we might survive on our own,there's a lot of advantage in our unity

p.s: d ibo people castigating the king should do same to those shouting biafra, many of them have made worse racist utterances than the king here on nl and outside..racism is wrong no matter who commits it
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by aresa: 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
SeverusSnape:

I don't reside in Lagos. But that doesn't change the fact that Oba Akiolu is a monumental disgrace to royal fathers nationwide.

To whose royal fathers? Yours. Definitely not ours.

The best manner of protest is you villagers showing your displeasure by leaving and going back to your villages....for good but you won't do that because your land is socially and economically bankrupt and unproductive...

3 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

Cut it short , most of you are lad and not well schooled. Discovery oil was not with jigger but money gotten from coaco, groundnut and palm oil.
Majoriy of the development in lagos was from sw, ask your elder the place call boundary and western avenue in lagos. SW then was from ojuelegba below.
Meanwhile, history confirm that calabar was the first colonial seat of power it also have river/port . What attracted them to lagos "development and exposure.

Lagos (in South West) was the capital of Nigeria from 1914 up to 1991, until Abuja officially became Nigeria's capital on 12 December 1991. It was on 14 November 1991, the Presidency and other federal government functions were finally relocated to the new capital city of Abuja.

Get informed and stop feigning stupid ignorance in the public domain as if it was the proceeds from cocoa that developed Lagos to its mega-status while belittling the immense contributions of virtually all the tribes in Nigeria and the ever free flow of petro-dollars from another man's backyard.

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Well then our English vocabulary has combined two words for such people.

arrogant + fo.ol

hat was never a statement but fact , which ever tribe you come i believe you know your dos and dont. Lagos still remains yorubaland.
Tell igbo to learn kano killing upon all igbo investment in kano. You cant rule people in their land. Other tribe accomodate you to trade and make money. You want to slap them with your money.

Let your icc humilate our Oba, igbo are in for suck.

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by neocortex: 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
kernel501:

Saint Hun, why have Yorubas not forgiven Saraki and Dogora?
Rather than forgiving him you prefer blackmailing him daily.
Why is Tinubu hunting Fashola ? The world now understands you better.

You were making reasonable comments before you delved into
tribal bigotry.
Oba Akiolu goofed with his statement but that doesn't give
you the right to cast aspersion on an entire group of people.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by SeverusSnape(m): 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
aresa:

The best manner of protest is you villagers showing your displeasure by leaving and going back to your villages....for good but you won't do that because your land is socially and economically bankrupt and unproductive...
Goon. Lagos is a no man's land. Deal with that

6 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by SeverusSnape(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
teamchocolate:
That's the point you yeeboes don't get! An Oba can never apologise..thats why they are called kabiyesi.. meaning kabiyor osi.. no one can ever ask u..he does things and gets away with it! Until u understand yoruba culture to some extent,u lot will keep having problems in Lagos, which I must remind you is yoruba-land

Then the kabiyesi is a foolish idiot_

2 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by RickyTan: 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

Does it mean that lagos was enmity or without king before white men name it capital. Or why do you say it is for everybody.
That was the reason Awolowo strategically end civil war. It is work of brain and not musscle .

Hello Brother - the debate is not whether Lagos had kings or not. We know the answer. Lagos is historical Yoruba land and Yorubas had kings way back when. The issue is that Lagos The Mega City - that we all love and are proud off became Lagos because of certain things that NO other part of Nigeria or City in Nigeria enjoyed. It was exclusive to Lagos - it became designated as Nigeria's capital city.

Now it has shifted to Abuja and Abuja has blossomed.

We are not debating history. We know the history.
Today Lagos is a Mega City and Lagosians are varied. It is a fact.
Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by sukkot: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
RickyTan:

He is your son, but without the critical contribution of others (infusion of Nigerian resources and federal capital designation) he will not be a world renowned doctor (mega city Lagos). He would have been like your other sons which did not receive the critical contribution (like Osogbo city). No big deal.

My point is simple Lagos is no different from Abuja.

so we are on the same page then. lagos is not no mans land wink

2 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Jobos(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lemon12:
for inciting genocide on a tribe grin
What did ojukwu did to his brother, inciting death on his tribe.
It was a stament that can have several interpretations.

1 Like

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
Ibos and their Ezes and Igwes should jump in the Lagoon if they dont like what Oba said. Simple as A..B..C! No be by force to live in Yorubaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by RickyTan: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
sukkot:
so we are on the same page then. lagos is not no mans land wink

Brother - did i say Lagos was "no man's land?" I said Lagos - the mega city belongs to every Nigerian. We know the history of Lagos. It is historical Yoruba land but it blossomed into a mega city because of Nigerian resources and because it was designated Federal capital. Same thing happened to Abuja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
aresa:

Then stop being cowardly hiding behind the keyboard and typing trash, simply enter the streets of Lagos and enforce your plan...

2 Likes

Re: ICC Investigates Oba Of Lagos For Anti-igbo Remarks by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jobos:

What did ojukwu did to his brother, inciting death on his tribe.
It was a stament that can have several interpretations.
still doesnt stop Oba from going to jail

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Chilling At The British Airways Lounge That Costs N1.9m Per Use- SR / Buhari Approves Appointment Of 6 New Perm Secs (Full List) / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.