Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards (6264 Views)

Five Nigerian Artistes That Promised Us The Grammy Awards / 5 Things You Never Knew About Miss Anambra 2015 Whose Sex Video Went Viral / Sade Adu Won Grammy Awards Four Times(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
1. Chamillionaire:
Also known as Hakeem Seriki, is an American rapper and entrepreneur from Houston, Texas. He is the CEO of Chamillitary Entertainment. Chamillionaire was also the founder and an original member of The Color Changin’ Click until the group split in 2005. He began his career independently with local releases in 2002, including collaboration album Get Ya Mind Correct
with fellow Houston rapper and childhood friend Paul Wall.

He signed to Universal Records in 2005 and released The Sound of Revenge under Universal. It included hit singles “Turn It Up” featuring Lil’ Flip and the number-one, Grammy-winning hit “Ridin’” featuring Krayzie Bone of Bone Thugs-n-
Harmony.

2. Sikiru Adepoju – 1991 (Planet Drum) and 2009 (Global Drum Project):
Sikiru Adepoju (pronounced Seek-ee-roo Ah-deh-po-joo) is a master of the talking drum and many other Yoruba percussion instruments. Born in Eruwa, Nigeria, Sikiru hails from the traditional lineage of Yoruba talking drummers culturally referred to as Ayan which means “one who has
descended from drummers lineage,” and began playing under the tutelage of his father Chief Ayanleke Adepoju at the age of six. Along with his brothers Saminu and Lasisi, Sikiru accompanied the family’s talking drum ensemble for several years.

After moving to the San Fransico Bay Area in 1985, Sikiru joined the influential and pioneering Nigerian percussionist Babatunde Olantunji and his Drums of Passion. This marked a lengthy period of high productivity from Sikiru which saw
him recording and performing throughout the world until a year before Olantunji’s death in 2003. During this period he was introduced to Grateful Dead drummer, Mickey Hart, who has called Sikiru “The Mozart of the talking drum,” and employed him on many of his personal projects including the Grammy award winning albumsPlanet Drum (1991) and Global Drum Project (2008). He is currently performing with the Mickey Hart Band in support of their album "Mysterium Tremendum" which features Sikiru’s vocals on the track “Who Stole The Show.”

3. Sade Adu:
Musician, singer. Born Helen Folasade Adu on January 16, 1959 in Ibadan, Nigeria. Raised in London by her English mother, Sade developed several interests as a teen, including singing, fashion design and modeling. She sang with a few local bands before signing with Epic Records and
recording her first album, Diamond Life, in 1984. A huge hit in her native England, the album also had mass appeal across the pond thanks to such singles as “Smooth Operator.” In 1986, she won a Grammy Award for Best New Artist.

Sade’s subsequent multi-platinum albums, Promise, Stronger Than Pride andLove Deluxe, established her as a top-selling soul and pop artist. She took
a new route with her 2000 album, Lovers Rock, which was released eight years after Love Deluxe and incorporated a more mainstream sound. The record, and particularly the chart-topping single, “By Your Side,” helped her win over new audiences. Two years later, the album and ensuing tour inspired her first live recording, Lovers Live. Sade returned to the studio and released her sixth album In February 2010, Soldier of Love.

Click below for full list:

www.divineloveudorji..nl/2015/08/5-nigerians-you-never-knew-won-grammy.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by ayoola648(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
noted!
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by phemsie(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
If only u had completed it without redirecting to another blog, u would have made front page. Well better luck next time.

11 Likes

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by shobroy10(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
i know that famous lady hairstyle would have won many awards
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by tinybodyMary: 2:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
shobroy10:
i know that famous lady hairstyle would have won many awards
I rockd dt hairstyle eh..sade adu or sade adu wit cap. Wish I can stil rock it

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by sherrylo: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
That Sikiru guy I am so proud of him even with hin Yoruba tribal marks.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
nice
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by ChappyChase: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
Okay oo
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by shobroy10(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
tinybodyMary:
I rockd dt hairstyle eh..sade adu or sade adu wit cap. Wish I can stil rock it
and wats stopping u
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by tobtap: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
incredible cheesy
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by pretydiva(f): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
I don't even know any of them
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by slimbless(f): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Come and complete the list jor
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by aminho(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
My southwest brothers making us proud since the day 1
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by kestolove95(m): 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
While the yorubas are busy giving nigeria a good image the rebel igbos ar busy engaging in drug trafficking and givn us bad names

5 Likes

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by ellahzy(f): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
incomplete list undecided

where is SKIIBII grin
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by tdayof(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2015
Proudly Yoruba...
PROUD TO BE FROM THE TRIBE THAT GOT MARKS FROM LION.. Like those guys will say lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by GENTLENNAJI(m): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Yorubas are trying thats good for them

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
pretydiva:
I don't even know any of them
you won't know them cos you're not yoruba and you live in the cave,unexposed cavewoman. Sade Adu is the most successful and best selling Female Singer in UK, numerous musicians are influenced by Sade Adu,the likes of Beyonce,Ashanti,Drake etc
I don't even know anyone that is bearing your moniker wouldn't know Chamillionaire,so,your moniker is just probably some words you see in a magazine

6 Likes

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
kestolove95:
While the yorubas are busy giving nigeria a good image the rebel igbos ar busy engaging in drug trafficking and givn us bad names
this girl sha,you,re always keeping it real.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2015
GENTLENNAJI:
Yorubas are trying thats good for them
I tell you.They have the most achievements in Nigeria not with world beaters like these especially people like the former president of ICJ,President of AfDB,best DJ in the world 2010 etc.
Every tribe is trying sha...kudos to everybody.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by kestolove95(m): 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
this girl sha,you,re always keeping it real.
thank u jare
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
kestolove95:
thank u jare
Do you know that Nigeria has the youngest PHD holders in Africa?3 of them to be precise... that is a wow!!!
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
kestolove95:
When I was taunting my Igbo friend, he brought out very long list,na story full am.It did not have any world beaters and I was like rolling on the floor laughing.But they tried sha.
I told my friend that all their entertainment list,Fela kicks them off the roof... http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2245703...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Xclusive

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
you won't know them cos you're not yoruba and you live in the cave,unexposed cavewoman. Sade Adu is the most successful and best selling Female Singer in UK, numerous musicians are influenced by Sade Adu,the likes of Beyonce,Ashanti,Drake etc
I don't even know anyone that is bearing your moniker wouldn't know Chamillionaire,so,your moniker is just probably some words you see in a magazine
I told my IBO friend that the list of their achievers they posted on naira land had not been able to make 1/40 of the achievements of the South westerners.
They brought out their writers...Wole Soyinka kicks all of them off the roof for getting the highest honour in the world of literature,the Nobel Laureate... he no dey easy o.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
Cosbyrich:
I told my IBO friend that the list of their achievers they posted on naira land had not been able to make 1/40 of the achievements of the South westerners.
They brought out their writers...Whole Soyinka kicks all of them off the roof for getting the highest honour in the world of literature,the Nobel Laureate... he no dey easy o.
honestly,even they can't do without listening to our musicians,the likes of Fela,Wizkid,Olamide etc. Their own musicians are trying to Act like yorubas and speak yoruba in their songs for their music to be sell,the likes of Rugged man,P square,Tubaba,Don Jazzy etc ,they've all turned themselves to yorubas,and yet some fools are shouting biafra when their own are disowning their tribe and trying to be yorubas

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
Cosbyrich:
They brought out their writers...Whole Soyinka kicks all of them off the roof for getting the highest honour in the world of literature,the Nobel Laureate... he no dey easy o.
Their only Wole Soyinka wannabe,Philip Emeagwali went outside Nigeria to disgrace them,after many hypes,he got busted that he's totally fake. He took his aba-made talent to America
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by oboy3(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2015
iamrealdeji:
honestly,even they can't do without listening to our musicians,the likes of Fela,Wizkid,Olamide etc. Their own musicians are trying to Act like yorubas and speak yoruba in their songs for their music to be sell,the likes of Rugged man,P square,Tubaba,Don Jazzy etc ,they've all turned themselves to yorubas,and yet some fools are shouting biafra when their own are disowning their tribe and trying to be yorubas
you forgot d’banj nd his brother sang a full song in igbo,,and mumu,tubaba is not igbo

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by tinybodyMary: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2015
shobroy10:
and wats stopping u
notin ojare
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Judeblade24(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nice 1
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
oboy3:
you forgot d’banj nd his brother sang a full song in igbo,,and mumu,tubaba is not igbo
D'banj just sang that for Igbos cos he feels he's been singing too much in Yoruba and I can bet it with you that he can't speak Igbo,every musician does that,even Barrister also sang in Hausa.
But all these Don Jazzys,P square,Ruggedman etc can speak yoruba even better than some yorubas.
I don't know any yoruba that can speak Igbo,but almost all Igbos I know can speak yoruba. Its because Igbos see yorubas as very important people,but yorubas just see them as one of those tribes in Nigeria. Yorubas are like America,Igbos are like Ghana,every Ghanian wants to go to America and want to be Americans but Americans don't even care about Ghana and don't even want to know anything about Ghana

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by Cosbyrich: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
oboy3:
Where did he come from,Delta?Because some of them are saying that they are not Ibos-blimey.
Re: PHOTOS!!! Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards by iamrealdeji(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Igbos just like to shout that they're good in business,but most of their businesses requires lots of struggle and buying and selling,still,Yorubas are the most successful in business,the likes of Adenuga(Nigerian 2nd richest man),Otedola,Okoya,MKO Abiola(former Richest man in Nigeria)
Yoruba women are not left out too they're independent and don't rely on their husbands,the likes of Folorunsho Alakija(world richest blackwoman),the likes of Bola Shagaya etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Taking Selfie With Her Hand Inside A Vag*na, Doctor Faces Sack (SEE Photos / Part 2 Of Miss Anambra 2015 Having Sex With Another Woman (Photos, Video) / Top 5 Current Music Artistes In The University Of Port Harcourt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.