Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall (101188 Views)

Billionaire Mogul And Top PDP Financier, Chief Emeka Offor Goes Broke, Shuts Dow / Ex Nigerian Billionaire Goddy Anabor Turn Taxi Driver / Ex- Nigerian Billionaire Goddy Anabor: Explains Is Tragic Falls (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by shizzy7(f): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
WTH!!! You spent #86mill hosting people at Sheraton hotel for 1year,,,

Am not reading again,,, o npe ki o to broke!! shior
Mr. SPEND AND IMPRESS

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by redsun(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
He didn't really say much about how he made his billions,just how he spent it. Nigerian billionaires are mostly opportunistic ones,friends the politicians like danjuma,otedola and co.They don't really think like billionaires to make their wealth.And when those golden and sinister opportunities are taken away,they fall flat like pack of cards.

When disappears when it is no properly.Making money is an act of creation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
frosbel2:
Was he a Naira Billionaire or a Dollar Billionaire ??

Note : A Naira Billionaire is a Dollar thousandnaire or else how can anyone lose a billion ?

cool
What are you saying? What is the naira equivalent of $900,000??

1 Like

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Dollyak(f): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
fabiano09:

you guys are funny,its very easy to lose billions,no matter the currency,all you need is bad management and investments,google is your friend. Alberto villar,Sean quinn,Eike batista etc,these are dollar billionaires who went flat broke,best believe it
Google is your friend indeed. Go and look up those guys again. Flat broke my ass. It is always a good idea to talk about something you have a great deal of idea about. It is extremely rare to see someone from billion dollars to poverty level, Instead they declare bankruptcy and enjoy the rest of their money.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Eshinery(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by GudluckIBB(m): 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
hahn:

Exactly. But guymen and "yahoo" boys get broke irrespective of the amount they "hammer" at any given time. They are a great representation of bad financial management.

You are very correct!
Can you imagine dude said he spent 86M in sheraton to host some people. Brother check out the value of 86m in present day Nigeria, we are looking at over 500Million Naira.

Because they get the money without much hard work, they don't know the value of the what they have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by templegate: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Never trust in man because he is a being of change
Never trust in riches because it has wings and it can fly away
Never trust in your ability because no one has the capability to run his own live no matter how smart or intelligent.

Trust only in God!

Lesson to all:
No immunization against to life's challenges. So, watch how you judge people no matter your perception.
Job the righteous man suffered life's calamities.......yet he bounced back.

God, God and God alone can be relied upon absolutely.

This man may have learnt certain lessons about life.

Chief, Be of good cheer......with you in God and Jesus in your live, the dry bones shall live again!

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by 2tek: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
LESSON: NEVER hire anybody u can not fire. Never entrust businesses worth millions of dollars to family and friends to manage. Reduce expenses, live within ur income and look for opportunities to make extra money.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by nonjebose(m): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dollyak:
I doubt he is was a billionaire in dollars. You simply don't go broke from those numbers easily
Meaning that you have not heard of 'ex billionaires' in US. At times it is easier to lose money than to make it
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Martiano(m): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
Yes you really know him.#truth

GudluckIBB:
I attended one party in this man's house in G.R.A benin then. His house is behind judges quarters off ikpokpan Road.

He had all good things of this world ranging from cars, women, luxury,everything you can think off.

In Lagos,he had a property on MKO crescent in ikeja that was were he was living.

It was in his house I first saw B&O Electronics.

......Heard he was in 419 and drugs.He also owns hearts magazine. .......Bottom line of his story is :

"The wealth of the hidden are laid in stock for the righteous" and "He that thinketh he standeth, let him take heed,lest he falls"
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
Raxxye:
Eyaa.
It's a lesson for us all. The only permanent thing is change!

Does anyone know why pictures on Nairaland can't be saved? I mean why do they become some kinda virus? Seun, Lalasticlala. Does any of you have the answer?

Just download and rename to a . jpg file.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by nicerichard05: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
sugarvallly:
I know this man very well.he used to be a wealthy man long time ago.
a musician from my place even sang a song with his name. that's to show how rich he was! he's a good man and kind hearted. no condition is permanent,Godis great. I know he will rise again.

he helped alot of people then,enemies everywhere.
(lesson)dont trust people with all your heart,I guess he wasnt careful with his wealth!he trusted alota people
I feel for him though

Gody Anabor, I believe he will rise again. .
lalasticlala pls come do the needful
come and see what witches and wizards has done to this one time billionaire.

Cc:Lalasticlala good evening

Goddy Anabor God butter ur bread. My etsako sis I still can't beliv dis man is broke.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by dualsurvey: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
frosbel2:
Was he a Naira Billionaire or a Dollar Billionaire ??

Note : A Naira Billionaire is a Dollar thousandnaire or else how can anyone lose a billion ?

cool
My dear money is just a figure, it has wings and can fly away @ any time it wishes, no matter how much u have it @ ur disposal. A billion dollar is not yet a money to rely on especially @ dis period of economic turbulence. Ask Femi Otedola what he experienced few years back, nobody ever thought he could bounce back. He lost virtually all his worth running in billions of dollar, and was only left with few options, including suicide. The man has said it all, corruption can bring a man down to square zero, no matter his height. I pray this man will soon bounce back and the world will recon with him again.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by millionboi(m): 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
Better learn or kip decivin urself
janykute:
I get am before billionaire.Obviously this man didn't invest very well,if he did there is no way he would be this flat financially.How a billionaire driving Bentley far back will now be driving Camry pencil light beats my imagination.He should check the source of his wealth before complaining.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by opedaydydx9(m): 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
H

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by hahn(m): 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2015
GudluckIBB:

You are very correct!
Can you imagine dude said he spent 86M in sheraton to host some people. Brother check out the value of 86m in present day Nigeria, we are looking at over 500Million Naira.

Because they get the money without much hard work, they don't know the value of the what they have.

For real.

I've seen some very silly examples. Some Y boys will hammer and lodge in hotels without renting an apartment for themselves. Some of them still squat with their parents and friends.

If only they could channel their dedication into positive and legitimate ventures, Nigeria will be really great.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2015
sweatlana:
I smell cocain addiction

God bless you! You're the only person that knows what the real problem is. Tbh many of his boys are willing to help if he will stop that habit. He still patronizes a woman at Ikeja till this moment.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Dollyak(f): 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
nonjebose:
Meaning that you have not heard of 'ex billionaires' in US. At times it is easier to lose money than to make it
I can list many. Now tell me how many went completely broke(not bankrupt). The few on top of my head were prosecuted and fined.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by IykeWest: 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Raxxye:
Eyaa.
It's a lesson for us all. The only permanent thing is change!

Does anyone know why pictures on Nairaland can't be saved? I mean why do they become some kinda virus? Seun, Lalasticlala. Does any of you have the answer?
Who said u can't save pics? grin wink

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by sukkot: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dollyak:

I can list many. Now tell me how many went completely broke(not bankrupt)
mike tyson lost 300 million dollars. thats easily 50 billion naira

1 Like

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Dollyak(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
sukkot:
mike tyson lost 300 million dollars. thats easily 50 billion naira
billionaire? Poor now? He merely declared bankruptcy. He is not broke.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
These type of stories takes the steam of ur hustle and make u think why am I stressing ma self so much.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by kehyndey(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Such is life
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by AreaFada2: 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
I get am before... No be property.. Receipts of Sheraton @ 86 million...

At that point, he could afford it. It was sheer extravagance though. He had properties in Lagos & Benin and thriving businesses too.

Businesses in Nigeria hardly thrive for 40 years straight. Many big men of 30 years ago, if they didn't have political patronage, many have fallen.
Nigeria has too much corruption. People are ready to steal your business money and run you down. Except perhaps your mum and dad, even family members are ready to connive with outsiders to ruin you. Shame.

Never rely on people you once helped to help you in difficulty. In fact people who once looked up to you for help and you showed them the way, they are often the happiest to see you fall behind. Only very very few godly ones remember you.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by goodgate: 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
qualityovenbake:
How can a person who was once a Billionaire be driving a taxi in London?. Surely, he will still have some properties in Nigeria. He may have lived a reckless life and may not be rich as before but definitely not broke. I think he is just trying to be modest.
He was very Reckless, i knew him, his hids attended the same school with me:APATA in Isolo. He wronged a lot of people too.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by izzyu(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2015
fatdon2:
shocked

can you stop putting out this ugly shit on nairaland, it sucks, man.
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by sukkot: 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
Dollyak:
billionaire? Poor now? He merely declared bankruptcy. He is not broke.
he didnt declare bankruptcy. he was real broke like down to zero. to help him out they have employed him as a comedian in new york to tell jokes on stage. that is how he feeds himself now. and he begged fifty cent for money on youtube
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
life

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by tivta(m): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
chocolateme:
Sometimes in life, we should not be helping people banking on them to reciprocate when the trial times comes, some will remember u while some may never and I doubt if that makes them bad people because that is what life is all about..
It is a 50/50 chance of getting help from people you expect to help you especially the ones you helped. Don't depend on them nor keep telling the whole world about how they refused to help you to your feet, it will not change anything unless God challenges the person to do so.
That's why prayer is the ultimate but paying your tithe will rebuke the devourers and the cankerworms.
Sir, it is well with you, you made wealth and you shall make it again.

FTC again today? Cutehector get me alligator pepper and kolanut let me go and offer thanks to MODS
Tithe? Tell that to bill Gates dangote etc. Those pastors have brain washed you, better give your money to the poor than pay Tithe for pastors to buy private jets...

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Household enemies
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by masties2(f): 8:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Oh my God! This is so shocking. Goes to show nothing last forever. Not even stupendous wealth. This man was so rich! cry
Re: Ex-Billionaire Goddy Anabor Goes Broke: His Tragic Fall by GudluckIBB(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
hahn:

For real.

I've seen some very silly examples. Some Y boys will hammer and lodge in hotels without renting an apartment for themselves. Some of them still squat with their parents and friends.

If only they could channel their dedication into positive and legitimate ventures, Nigeria will be really great.

Brother I don't envy them.
They don't do it with "ordinary hand" they do a lot of things that involves sacrifice.

I'd rather be slow like Buhari and achive my goals than to be on the fast lane and end up achieving nonthing.

...........Remember Solomon said "its all vanity"

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See What We Are Doing To Ensure We Succeed In Importation In 2016!! Must See / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) / Lockdown: What Computer Village Lagos Looks Like Due To Coronavirus (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.