Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences (51424 Views)

"Old Slay Queens Should Retire" - Nigerian Teens says Online, Share Raunchy Pics / Guys, Has A Lady Ever Humiliated You For Being Broke? Share Your Experiences / Guys, As Any Lady Ever Drain Your Pocket On A Date Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by tosyne2much(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2015
When it comes to online dating, I personally detest it because I believe it's more or less over-hyped; and the sorrowful experiences of friends that have got into it and put them in deep regrets totally discouraged me; infidelity, illusion and deceit associated with it. I know that a few of us might have heard horrible stories of guys who confided in ladies they met online but outsmarted them by scamming them.

Despite the fact that I'm just that type of a person that's psychologically sensitive and alert to happenings around me, unfortunately I have once been a victim of scam associated with online dating which would be quite unnecessary to share

Please don't get me wrong because I'm not trying to make a generalization that all ladies online scam guys, but averagely sizeable number of them engage in that act.

I know that you have probably met ladies on 2go, facebook, twitter, badoo, etc met who deceived, screwed you up and scammed you, and we would like you to share your experiences so that the gullible ones who are fascinated by ladies on social media can at least learn from you experiences.

Lemme share the experience of a friend

A friend of mine met this lady on social media, one thing led to another and they exchanged contacts. At the initial stage, things went quite well that my friend started boasting and hyping his online lover and that he had finally found true love. Despite our advice and dissuasion that he should be careful by not putting so much importance and trust in ladies he barely know, but he wouldn't just listen.

After few months of regular communication, he told us it was high time he traveled to meet his supposed girlfriend of which we were not in support of. He turned deaf ears to us and alas, they got to meet

In summary,

When my friend returned back, he started giving gist of how disappointed he was about her physical structure (profile pictures deceiving guys since the days of Olusegun Obasanjo).

One thing I noticed was that his disappointment in her physical appearance still did not dwindle his love for her, but even made it grow stronger.

Few weeks later after their mingle, my told us that his supposed girlfriend lacked something that was a barrier to the success of their relationship and that he would take responsibility of that, but we (his friends) still advised and warned him against putting so much trust specifically in ladies he barely know much of, but he always gave solid reasons why she was quite different from the ones flooding social media

My adamant friend gathered some money and provided that which would put a smile on the face of his supposed girlfriend and amazingly. Barely a week, he came complaining to us about the strange, lackadaisical attitude and dwindling love of her girlfriend for him after which her request had been granted.

We told him to inquire about what he might have done wrong that caused her change in attitude. To our shock, he said she expressly told him that she never had an atom of love for him and that she was no more interested in him.

It was like a dream, and he was praying to be awaken. Alas, it was real

I drop my pen at this point

Guys share your experiences or that of your friends so that others can learn

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by SUGARBEE(f): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin

Lol.. I detest online dating too but sometimes it really does help..

The main problem why you guys get disappointed is cuz you don't want to really know the person you're chatting with very well, all you guys have in mind is _sex and nothing but _sex...

You picture the person on the other end as perfect not vividly painting how he/she would look like without editing or makeup...

I once told an online admirer of mine that if we were gonna date online, he should upload a pic of him holding a current dated newspaper...

Lol... He couldn't for reasons best known to him and that was when I knew he was a scam. .

I'll therefore advice everyone entering an online relationship to obtain reasonable evidence from the person on the other end that he/she is real, before you put your self in something bigger than you can handle

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin heheehheh I sight wristbangle below me, I know he had been scammed before, oya tel us ur story tongue

Lol a lot of nl guys shld be able to testify to this nd mostly those that fell in love with guys disguising to be females cool

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by wristbangle: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
The thing about meeting someone online most especially ladies are their fake package looking like a perfect modeller and form Florence Nightingale character which off-line they are nothing but a witch.

I was once a victim and I don't intend to fall again for ladies scam except I see with my eyes, scrutinise her attitude and see if I can work on the aisle of relationship with her.

Like the saying which says Look before you leap.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by freshness2020: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
For the gullible and desperadoes I guess....too smart to be scammed

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by adonbilivit: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
they have always tried to scam me but I "dupe" them in the end. they all have one format but present the lies in different ways...do they think fish brain is superior to the real human brain? una go carry fish brain dey carry human hair come dey feel say una don't wise abi? u can't find the real intelligent ladies like mizmycoli and aishatu doing that

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Mhizkel(f): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
The lady was never Inlove with your friend. She fell Inlove with his online personality. Awww..That hurts.
I don't see her case as an online scam. She rather misunderstood her feelings. She thought it was love, not knowing it was just an infatuation.

Shamtiel, come see this..
You should be grateful to the lady for letting you know her true feelings. Instead of saying YES and calling it quit when you've given her all your love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by SweetyZinta(f): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
B
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin grin

Here to read comments cool

Make i see d muguns wey we get for NL grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by falconey(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
oh boy see traffic and spacebooking....
The story looks familar I think I've seen it before!

It happened here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
cheesy grin
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by jamex93(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

She nak am

Make God forgive us
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Kenzico(m): 6:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
grin
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
it fits them since their konji-ransacked brain can't do without toasting and dating girls they meet online undecided

and the foolish ones get scammed by them. smh

12 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by freshness2020: 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2015
tosyne2much:
unnecessary to share
quite unnecessary to share? And u want us to share ours... Guy u are high..

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by peeparty(m): 6:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
Instead dem d learn work for were I dey.
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Luckygurl(f): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lol!!
This should be a two way thing, ladies come share yours too smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2015
Luckygurl:
Lol!!
This should be a two way thing, ladies come share yours too smiley smiley
Seconded!

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by stan241(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2015
She would use her elder sis's(who was a friend) phone to chat with me, she was cool, intelligent and quite charming, i was impressed and then she came to write post-ume and i saw her for the first time!!!! Damn she was quite busty and by that i mean quite fat but she was also very pretty

Long story short we dated for quite sometime after of course i made her visit the gym, everything was all good till she started demanding for the "D" which i quite duly obliged cus her sis had told me she was still "innocent" and personally i don't do "V"

She ended up cheating with some other guy in the end though and I've since then cancelled anything that starts on the internet

Once bitten and all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mhizkel:
The lady was never Inlove with your friend. She fell Inlove with his online personality. Awww..That hurts.
I don't see her case as an online scam. She rather misunderstood her feelings. She thought it was love, not knowing it was just an infatuation.

You should be grateful to the lady for letting you know her true feelings. Instead of saying YES and calling it quit when you've given her all your love.

You are right honey.......but guys will never learn embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by falconey(m): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mhizkel:

he be like say witch dey your head, he should be grateful it didn't get worse? What of the damages she had caused already

is like telling you a girl bite my dick and you said I should be grateful she didn't cut it off!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by emperorchedda(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
A whole lot of them in the defunct 2go.

I've been the type that despise females that asks for material things in reality...talk more of social network, I delete them before they complete the send me rechar....

Met one sometime ago on facebook (a very hot chick I must confess), drove a long distance to see her at her hood and I was quite impressed

The moment I got home this girl probably thought I was gonna be placed on the Mugu zone and started 'my sister travelled to school and my mum is sick please help me with recharge card' lol. I laughed at her brokeness and immediately lost the respect I had for her

I just rushed things with her and zoomed off because that's what any wise person will do to a glutton

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2015
i've never been scammed by any girl online, and I pray not to be a victim cool

i'm more tuned to reality...... I hardly chat online.....if i ever happen to chat with a strange girl, its just for Fun and the mental relaxation that comes with it, PERIOD! undecided

I don't give a shìt!!, even if she's as fresh as fuçk undecided

8 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by tosyne2much(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
Broda Ronald4lif, dis one wey u dey view without dropping any comment, I hope I'm safe sha ? cheesy
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Shamstiel: 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mhizkel:

So you cannot date some1 dat is there 4 you?
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by wristbangle: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
EroticAngelina:
it fits them since their konji-ransacked brain can't do without toasting and dating girls they meet online undecided

and the foolish ones get scammed by them. smh

Lol. You have never said a comment that pinpoint the positive side of guys before.

Are u a victim of their misconduct or what? smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Scam? Nah. I'm still a learner in those things. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by kennboiy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2015
Chai oga Tosyne,i was duped both on 2go and whatsapp because i no de hear word o,some ladies na professional 914.

6 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by wristbangle: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2015
MhizDeedy:
grin heheehheh I sight wristbangle below me, I know he had been scammed before, oya tel us ur story tongue

Lol a lot of nl guys shld be able to testify to this nd mostly those that fell in love with guys disguising to be females cool

Lol. Mhizdeedy. Well that was when men were boys.

Happy sunday dear.
Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by peeparty(m): 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2015
stan241:
She would use her elder sis's(who was a friend) phone to chat with me, she was cool, intelligent and quite charming, i was impressed and then she came to write post-ume and i saw her for the first time!!!! Damn she was quite busty and by that i mean quite fat but she was also very pretty

Long story short we dated for quite sometime after of course i made her visit the gym, everything was all good till she started demanding for the "grin" which i quite duly obliged cus her sis had told me she was still "innocent" and personally i don't do "V"

She ended up cheating with some other guy in the end though and I've since then cancelled anything that starts on the internet

Once bitten and all

<WHAT IS WAHALA
Wahala is when a soldier who punish you finish, come release u make you
dae go, you come climb ur bike come shout ''officer thunder fire
you'' and ur bike no gree start.

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by tosyne2much(m): 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
kennboiy:
Chai oga Tosyne,i was duped both on 2go and whatsapp because i no de hear word o,some ladies na professional 914.
Bwahahahhahaha roflwkmd lmao

I laf so tey people dey look me for here cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Has A Lady Ever Scammed You Online? Share Your Experiences by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
Scammed? I'd rather use the word "disappointed".

It's of course disappointing when a supposedly beautiful female turns out to be a 'Plain Jane' when you both eventually meet. You'd have to try to mask your disappointment by beaming forced smiles. At that point you know whatever you thought you two had going between yourselves isn't going to last 'cause you can't get your head around the fact that the beautiful pictures of her you saw are nothing more than an artist's utopian impression - a con artist.

The C-cups boobs turn out to be A-cups, her rear is actually as flat as a table top, she has a bad accent... The list of disappointing observations is endless - alright, not endless but lengthy.

Scammed financially? Never. I know a female. Chioma. We've been e-friends for five years (she visited my city once though). Chioma would rather die than demand financial gifts from me.

That opined, cyber-dating is awesome. Most times you attract females you'd cherish for a long time.♦
[/b]

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ladies, What's Your Reaction When A Guy Mistakenly Touch Your Private Part? / Wow! The Biggest bosom In Nigeria (SEE PHOTOS) / Mike Boni Bazza & Ratilla Ussa Wedding: Ex Catholic Priest Weds In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.