Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97588 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by whizboi19001: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
brownsoldier:

Thanks a lot sir. You've been helpful. but what about a good automechanic?

There are many of them it depends on which state/city you are located in?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by brownsoldier(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2015
whizboi19001:

I reside in Ebonyi but Enugu is an hour away in case and is just as well
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:58am On Nov 26, 2015
whizboi19001:

Good work! Whizboi19001. Gone are those days when there were headache about Ford maintenance.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uchman86: 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bros @ whizboi19001..I currently use d ford explorer 03..considering ur experience in maintenance of dis car..I will appreciate if you can tell me what time is necessary for d gear oil change..hav bin using d car for 1yr and some months wit mileage of 133000mileage..pls advice d right gear oil and technician..I stay in PH.

Thanks..expecting ur reply..dis ma contact 08037265801
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
uchman86:
Bros @ whizboi19001..I currently use d ford explorer 03..considering ur experience in maintenance of dis car..I will appreciate if you can tell me what time is necessary for d gear oil change..hav bin using d car for 1yr and some months wit mileage of 133000mileage..pls advice d right gear oil and technician..I stay in PH.

Thanks..expecting ur reply..dis ma contact 08037265801

It's advisable to service transmission of Explorer 2002-2005 (4.0/4.6lits) once annually with recommended fluid (Motorcraft transmission fluid mercon v).
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:31am On Dec 01, 2015
Ford Explorer 2010-2014 AWD has an electronic wheels control that manages and marries the relative rotation of the wheel that grips the ground to the wheel that is about to spine, so makes it possible to move on slippery surface, despite being a front wheel drive.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Chaskodee: 11:27am On Dec 01, 2015
Nigeria's first auto only forum. Join now!- www.partboyz.com/forum
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2015
Ford escape 2010 transmission harsh engagement doesn't mean a faulty transmission, cross examine the drive shafts before working on the transmission.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2015
Ford Explorer(4.6) 2002-2009 engine flatspot could be caused by interchanging of ignition coils to Ford 3.0lit engine which are identical in shapes
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:38am On Dec 08, 2015
It's very wrong to remove thermostat from engine particularly Ford, Lincoln And Mercury. It makes the engine to wear prematurely due to the engine that will work at temperature below the recommended operating temperature. Hence it increases fuel consumption and reduce thermal efficiency.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ford Explorer 2006-2009 has the best cooling system which combines the thermal and the electronic fan in one, it hardly overheat
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Various fuel pumps differ in their fuel lifting efficiency but we fail to consider these once they have the initial pressure of fuel supply, within short time the pressure reduces.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:35am On Dec 15, 2015
Ford Explorer 2006-2010 transmission service/repair should be professionally handled. Avoid unskilled auto electrician which could damage the transmission hardware that is inbuilt with the PCM. In trying to solve the problem will lead to electronic complication and thus saying Ford isn't a good product and no technician no spare parts.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uchman86: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2015
Femtopford my a.c. was not cooling fine..checked the line and saw oil leaking from d top rubber head connector..didn't trust d technician so I refilled gas(meanwhile d technician has already removed d remaining gas b4 I told him to stop) don't trust d refrigerant he used though is R134a gas but it was not sealed..please can u advice me on d right product of refrigerant to be used on a Ford explorer. Please also where can someone get motorcraft oil and original spare parts in Nigeria..I stay in port Harcourt..thanks I use a Ford explorer 2003 model
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
uchman86:
Femtopford my a.c. was not cooling fine..checked the line and saw oil leaking from d top rubber head connector..didn't trust d technician so I refilled gas(meanwhile d technician has already removed d remaining gas b4 I told him to stop) don't trust d refrigerant he used though is R134a gas but it was not sealed..please can u advice me on d right product of refrigerant to be used on a Ford explorer. Please also where can someone get motorcraft oil and original spare parts in Nigeria..I stay in port Harcourt..thanks I use a Ford explorer 2003 model

03 Explorer falls within the old model range of Ford means no complexity of repair. MAXRON R134a sealed is OK. Motorcraft oil and parts are available at Coscharis in P/H and small scale dealers are in on Isha.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:51am On Dec 21, 2015
Ford FIVE HUNDRED 3.0lit saloon 2005-2007 acceleration not responding will involve only replacement of transmission fluid Motorcraft continues variable chain. Do not vandalize the vehicle by trying to work on the electronically control accelerator or pcm.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Augustine98(m): 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Motorcraft 5w20 /5w30 engine oil are highly recommend for Ford vehicles. It abide by the chemical structure and additives of American SAE and API incorporated with America Ford motors corporation.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Tyres rotation is very important in Ford vehicles at every routine service to uphold the vehicle dynamic balance.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2016
All Ford, Lincoln And Mercury vehicles have incorporated the easiest cam timing sensor, in which the PCM processes all complications that would have put most Mechanics on hands down. Even at the highest interruption of cam sensor the vehicle will still start and propel at about 98% efficiency as you want till you get a Ford professional. Ford, Lincoln And Mercury vehicles are worth going for.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:33am On Jan 17, 2016
Ford escape 2009 (2.0 /3.0) transmission requires Motorcraft transmission fluid mercon LV (xt-10-qlv). The fluid is not interchangeable so as to avoid transaxle damage.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by gianttravels: 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Femtopford...Pls my ford focus 2001 model i noticed that i will still have fuel in the tank, without fuel indicator light is ON.
My car will start fail fuel.but immediately i top it.then it will back to normal....what could be the cause pls
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2016
Fuel empty indication on while fuel still in tank, ask your auto electrician to check the fuel Gauge and electrical serial line from Gauge to instrument panel.
Secondly, fuel start failing, you put of the engine and restart it goes back to normal so you need to replace your fuel pump. Note good one..
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by gianttravels: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
Femtopford:
Fuel empty indication on while fuel still in tank, ask your auto electrician to check the fuel Gauge and electrical serial line from Gauge to instrument panel.
Secondly, fuel start failing, you put of the engine and restart it goes back to normal so you need to replace your fuel pump. Note good one..

Thanks for the respond.......i mean when i refill the tank with fuel ,then the car will stop failing fuel.....but the gauge level will rise up
means the gauge is working.... not that when i put off the engine and restart it.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by uchman86: 6:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Femtopford:

It's advisable to service transmission of Explorer 2002-2005 (4.0/4.6lits) once annually with recommended fluid (Motorcraft transmission fluid mercon v).

@femtopford please how many number of container of the mercon V will be enuf for service of transmission of explorer 2002? and also I use 20w50 oil in ma explorer 02 engine and change every 2months as the 5W30 is very expensive ( hope is ok)
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2016
6 containers of mercon V, then 5w20 is very OK.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by swagifted(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Anyone here driving d ford fusion 2012 till date? Pls how do you feel about it...
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by jnostill: 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Pls any one driving a ford edge 2005 model shd chat me up on whatsapp pls..
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:01am On Jan 26, 2016
Ford escape 2013 /2014 is very good for your business, very potable and unique. It's highly fuel economical and easy to get through in traffic /congested area.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 4:35am On Jan 27, 2016
jnostill:
Pls any one driving a ford edge 2005 model shd chat me up on whatsapp pls..

first generation is 2007 they didn't have it in 2005
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by jnostill: 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Sorry pls I meant anyone driving ford escape 2005 model shd chat me on whatsapp
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lincoln And Mercury Cars are exceptional for the peculiar.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by chccho(m): 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
pls how much does a container of mecron v cost?
and where in abj can i get to buy?
Also is it safe to wash the filter in the gear pan underneath?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.