Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 (1591 Views)

Ford Edge 2012 VS 2008 Mercedes Benz Ml350 / Toyota Camry & Venza Owners Spent Up To 30minutes Arguing Over A Narrow Road / Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 by lagosboy86: 5:16am On Aug 24, 2015
hello folks., Life's been great, My old trusty 08 camry just clocked 86,000 miles. I'm deciding to upgrade. My reasons for getting the camry as a student 3 years ago was cos of its reliability and gas economy. It's been the best car you can ever dream to have. Not a single issue except for the periodic oil changes. Still drives like new in my opinion.
With the falling gas prices and new job, i think its time for an upgrade. My criteria for choosing a car now is Power and performance. I'll still stick with the toyota brand cos of its reliability. My options re the 2012 venza or 2012 avalon. They both come with a similar 3.5 liter V6 engine. The avalon has a slightly better MPG cos of its lighter frame. The venza however has an AWD and tow option lacking in the avalon.
I'm kinnda torn between these vehicles as they are both sweet to drive., Actually no difference btw them in my opinion. (both less than 60,000 miles). avalon cost around $17k while the venza is $19.5k. (Both are Limited fully loaded)
At the end, i think my choice will come down to the resale value as i may end up selling after a few years. To the gurus in d house, which vehicle has better resale value in lagos?
Appreciate all response.....
Re: Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 by Originalsly: 6:54am On Aug 24, 2015
Your criteria be power and performance? ..... and then you close by making resale value another? Which is it? If it's all three then I think the Camry SE should be your choice.
Re: Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 by fishly(f): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2015
Your tone suggests you have the funds to play with which is good. I can also presume you are addicted to Toyota already just from your last relationship with that trusty Camry.

However, I would recommend you 'marrying' from the Lexus family....a Lexus RX400H...

It is hybrid, fun to drive with lots of torque.

The leather is supple...at least for a Japanese and it has a wonderful resale value.

If you are not 'bold' enough, you can go for the non hybrid version.... 2013 model should cut it

Re: Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 by nurey(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
all the cars you mentioned is ok. The Avalon will command more customers when it's time to dispose off of it compared to a venza which is actually a hunch back camry lol. Also the Avalon is less of a robber magnet compared to the venza.

the Avalon you talking about is just the updated old one with facials and a few things different but the tokunbo still goes for 3.5m upwards depending on year (I think it started from 09 to 12).

the venza looks more like a family man thing and the Avalon won't fit you driving it personally they are both bulky. But you can try the lexus variant of the camry or other padded sporty lexus (GS, ES, IS)
Re: Gas Is Cheap... Let's Go V6. Toyota Avalon 2012 Vs Venza 2012 by femicousim: 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
do an avalon

(1) (Reply)

Abuja To Calabar 13032016 / Sorry, I'm also devastated by her sudden death! / Between Mitsubishi L300 Bus And Nissan Vanette Bus Which Is More Economical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.