Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts (7046 Views)

Why Companies Do Not Reveal Their Names On Job Adverts / NSE Recruitment Job Portal Launched Ahead Of Transparent Recruitment Process / Job Adverts: Nigerians Blast The Guardian Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
debbie:
Had a career program with GE recruiting team and they explained how and what they look out for in CV.I will explain that later. Though it was an eye opener,but I discovered that most of their jobs is based on internal referal. Their processes can be discouraging. Though some people who school in Nigeria are employed,the bulk is foreign degrees that the want.
Truth is don't hope on GE unless you want serious heartbreak .
Keep an open mind when applying.
this is serious..means I need to ge my runs handy to be sure of working with GE...
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
I knew of someone who got a job with them but guess it was an in-house referral tins. Infact, he wa given a new corolla car on resumption. He's an experienced person anyway with HND in Elect Elect eng'r.
shocked shocked...then they should not advertise their job positions anymore if one cant randomly get employed with them...
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Aunty Debbie, please help us explain it. We would be very grateful.

Thanks
I am interested too in knowing a lot about what GE wants from us..
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by moyinoluwabun(m): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
IzonOwei:
shocked shocked...then they should not advertise their job positions anymore if one cant randomly get employed with them...
d Person said I should keep applying that anything can happen. Aside, they love hiring people with experience.
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
d Person said I should keep applying that anything can happen. Aside, they love hiring people with experience.
hmmm...I think the sure thing is to get a referal...because its like a waste of time applying for trainee position when regret mail ends it all..
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by debbie(f): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
Good morning my people.Like i promised i want to share a tip and something i discovered about GE and their recruitment.
NOTE-this may not entirely be workable or true in all situation,but to a large extent it works.
There is a pattern of CV the need,the conventional cv is not usually what they look out for.
The following is what they want to see;
1.Your defined job description eg I carried out a WEEKLY auditing of the account books for their 50 customers,I did a DAILY inspection of the 10 production machines,I TAUGHT a class of 20 mathematics students on a daily basis.
They expect you to have a near accurate figure or quantification of what you did in your past and present job.

2.Ensure that you use the same FONT size an pattern in all your cv. Dont use CALIBRI and then TIMES NEW ROMAN,OR size 10 and 14 together.
3.Avoid unnecessary BOLD,ITALIC and the rest.
4.Make use of professional words that are related to the job description and position you are talking about ( there is a software that sieves CV) and know that those KEYWORDS are the things the look out for.
5.GE hates error and mistakes in you cv,it shows how careless and unserious you are .If you can not proof-read your cv before submitting then you are not fit to be hired.
6.Avoid BULLET POINTS and if you must use it then let it be.....but where needed.

Finally keep your cv as simple as possible.
GE doesn't want to see your LGA,RELIGION,AGE ON YOUR CV
They give equal opportunity to all applicants.
DISCLAIMER-This is my humble opinion from experience and it is in no way an official information from GE.
Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by kachnov(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
debbie:
Good morning my people.Like i promised i want to share a tip and something i discovered about GE and their recruitment.
NOTE-this may not entirely be workable or true in all situation,but to a large extent it works.
There is a pattern of CV the need,the conventional cv is not usually what they look out for.
The following is what they want to see;
1.Your defined job description eg I carried out a WEEKLY auditing of the account books for their 50 customers,I did a DAILY inspection of the 10 production machines,I TAUGHT a class of 20 mathematics students on a daily basis.
They expect you to have a near accurate figure or quantification of what you did in your past and present job.

2.Ensure that you use the same FONT size an pattern in all your cv.Dont use CALIBRI and then TIMES NEW ROMAN,OR size 10 and 14 together.
3.Avoid unnecessary BOLD,ITALIC and the rest.
4.Make use of professional words that are related to the jo description and position you are talking about ( there is a software that sieves CV) and know that those KEYWORDS are the things the look out for.
5.GE hates error and mistakes in you cv,it shows how careless and seriousness .If you can not proof-read your cv before submitting then you are not fit to be hired.
6.Avoid BULLET POINTS and if you must use it then let it be.....but where needed.

Finally keep your cv as simple as possible.
GE doesn't want to see your LGA,RELIGION,AGE ON YOUR CV
They give equal opportunity to all applicants.
DISCLAIMER-This is my humble opinion from experience and it is in no way an official information from GE.
Cheers
thanks,quite an eye opener.
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by MacMaster01(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hi debbie my CV wasn't as professional as what u r writing above.. it was as basic as it could be cus I was fresh outta nysc, I applied for the omlp and I got an invite I wrote the test and passed, got to interview tried to impress.. and medicals was meant to be d following week and in about 9 months now.. no hi or hello embarassed
Re: GE And Their Trickish Recruitment/job Adverts by debbie(f): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
Good for you. Remember I said these points I raised does not always work. But can be useful to someone out there..did you try to mail their recruitment team? Was there any reply? If not try send them a mail. But have at the back of ur mind the possibility that the position has been filled long ago. Else u can still be hopeful.
MacMaster01:
Hi debbie my CV wasn't as professional as what u r writing above.. it was as basic as it could be cus I was fresh outta nysc, I applied for the omlp and I got an invite I wrote the test and passed, got to interview tried to impress.. and medicals was meant to be d following week and in about 9 months now.. no hi or hello embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat Graduate Recruitment / Redwoods Capital Limited Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Nafdac Recruitment – Shortlisted Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.