Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Predicting No Escape And We Are Your Friends Reviews - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Predicting No Escape And We Are Your Friends Reviews (579 Views)

See The Series Your Friends And Others Are Watching Now / Is The Movie 24 Hrs Predicting This? / When Your Are Trying To Impress Your Friends But Your Babe Is Really Crazy. LOL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Predicting No Escape And We Are Your Friends Reviews by DavisJohnson(m): 9:20am On Aug 24, 2015
Labor Day must be getting close, because each week the slate of movies gets less and less exciting. This one is particularly bland. We’ve got Owen Wilson trying to get away from trouble in No Escape and Zac Efron becoming a DJ in We Are Your Friends.

Just remember, I'm not reviewing these movies, but rather predicting where they'll end up on the Tomatometer. Let's take a look at what This Rotten Week has to offer.

In a flick that assuredly doesn’t do any favors for any Southeast Asian tourism, No Escape has Owen Wilson and his family move to some catchall Asian country (I suppose you can take your pick on which one it is) and instead of just enjoying the scenery and living a life of full cultural immersion, sees all the tourists and foreigners getting popped in a cinematically vague "political uprising". I don’t know if this is supposed to mirror current events in any way, but it sure doesn’t paint a rosy landscape for anyone looking to do a little traveling abroad.

[center]>>>> Watch We Are Your Friends Online Free <<<<<

>>>> Watch No Escape Online Free <<<<<

>>>> Watch Z for Zachariah Online Free <<<<<

>>>> Watch War Room Online Free <<<<<

>>>> Watch The Second Mother Online Free <<<<<

>>>> Watch Phantom Hindi Movie Online Free <<<<<
[/center]

The film looks like your standard "escape" genre fare (right down to the name, which hopefully isn’t literal or else the flick’s over before it starts). Wilson and his family appear to maneuver from one plan to the next, each one foiled by the "big bad" right before salvation. I think we can figure out how it ends (or else it’ll be crazy depressing), which makes me less inclined to ever really want to see it. Honestly, and this probably isn’t fair but whatever, all I could think about during the trailer was "I think I’ll go back and watch Argo."

Director John Erick Dowdle’s resume is in action/ thriller genre and some of his movies which probably should have been bad Quarantine (58%) and Devil (52%) weren’t total messes. That’s at least kind of a good sign for this one. He does have a bomb on his record with As Above, So Below (26%), so he doesn’t always trend toward the middle. I think this latest finishes somewhere in between.

(1) (Reply)

Your Best Scientific Movie / Video: This Lady's Vagina Caught Fire While Dancing On Fire / Stephanie Linus Takes ‘DRY’ To Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.