Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Problem With Serious Dating - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Problem With Serious Dating (4796 Views)

Big Problem With Guys / The Problem With A Nigerian Girl I Just Met. / The Problem With Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2009
Hey guys, I need to hear other people's view about my situation, I have been out of a relationship for like 5 years now ( By choice), the last one lasted just one month because i couldn't cope with her excessive "asking" spirit and the first one ended because she moved to Delta state from Lag.
There is a particular girl in my life, though i have not told her i want her to be my date (Partner, fiancee), but as things are, She's likely expecting me to pop up that question. The problem is that i really have a phobia with asking a girl to date me after the 2 incidence, I always fear i might end up being disappointed either by her moving away as the former one or by her showing some hidden characters i have yet to see in her while we stay as "friends" for now. Mind you, as at now, she's not the "SPOILT" type, At least, i have witnesses to that, she is even a "Virgin" but then i get bored sometimes when around her or when communicating with her. She hardly talks except i do the talking, and even when i ask her to say something, she ends up by saying "I don't know what to say" or "what do you want me to say". I am this blunt type that whenever she says stuffs like this, i end up telling her how i feel and how bad it would be having someone who can sustain a communication skill with me. (By the way, she's fluent in English language and can as well speak Yoruba too so that's out of the reasons).
Conclusively, I am this type that won't ask you to change, but won't shy away from telling you what i feel and how i feel whenever the need arising and i have been able to let her know my mind, but it seem this is just her way of life ( Quiet and boring sometimes) but beautiful and mild with a commendable character. so please guys, should i wait for her to change a bit before popping the question or should i give up and look elsewhere for someone with similar characteristics but outspoken and "lively"?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 6:10pm On Mar 28, 2009
Correction to these phrases since no more modification icon on this forum grin
(she says stuffs like this)
She says stuff like this

(how bad it would be having someone who can sustain a communication skill with me.)
How bad it would be having someone who can't keep a balanced conversation with me

(whenever the need arising)
Whenever the need arises.

undecided embarassed
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by iice(f): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2009
Which is the problem? Her moving away or having the 'asking' spirit?
Or
Her being boring to you?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by C2H5OH(f): 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2009
I think the issue here is that you have found someone you "want" . The selfish part of you wants to hold on to her, but your other half is alerting you to some ensuing compatibility issues that may break out. To be honest with you, yes sure you might coast through the honey moon period with mild arguments here and there. As soon as you settle into a routine or become more familiar with each other, you will most likely get bored of her. You know the challenge you need in a woman and this one you have found doesn't have it.
One terrible mistake you can make is jumping into a relationship with her expecting a change. If it doesn't happen don't be disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2009
iice:

Which is the problem? Her moving away or having the 'asking' spirit?
Or
Her being boring to you?

Your first question is for my first EX, second question is for my second EX, those 2 questions have nothing to do with the current problem i am facing.

The third question is what i am worried about, Nothing really excite me about her when communicating except the mutual likeness we have for eachother.

C2H5OH:

I think the issue here is that you have found someone you "want" . The selfish part of you wants to hold on to her, but your other half is alerting you to some ensuing compatibility issues that may break out. To be honest with you, yes sure you might coast through the honey moon period with mild arguments here and there. As soon as you settle into a routine or become more familiar with each other, you will most likely get bored of her. You know the challenge you need in a woman and this one you have found doesn't have it.
One terrible mistake you can make is jumping into a relationship with her expecting a change. If it doesn't happen don't be disappointed.

I don't think i am being selfish here, relationship requires comfort and that i think is not really what she would give me if i venture into a relationship with her in her present mode and behaviours. we have known each other for 2 years now and i have never popped the question, though i have playfully asked her if she would want me as her man and if i ask her out and she said yes, but i still don't have that conviction to pop out the question cos i am not really "comfortable" with her "mood" and since relationship is a lifelong thing, that's why i need to know if things like this happen for a while and maybe might later change for the better.

One terrible mistake you can make is jumping into a relationship with her expecting a change. If it doesn't happen don't be disappointed.[b][/b]
i think i am not that dumb to do such, that's why i am yet to ask her to be my fiancee/partner and before her, i waited 5 long years without asking any girl that crossed my part to date me.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by iice(f): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2009
honeric01:

Your first question is for my first EX, second question is for my second EX, those 2 questions have nothing to do with the current problem i am facing.

The third question is what i am worried about, Nothing really excite me about her when communicating except the mutual likeness we have with eachother.

honeric01:

There is a particular girl in my life, though i have not told her i want her to be my date (Partner, fiancee), but as things are, She's likely expecting me to pop up that question. The problem is that i really have a phobia with asking a girl to date me after the 2 incidence, I always fear i might end up being disappointed either by her moving away as the former one or by her showing some hidden characters i have yet to see in her while we stay as "friends" for now. Mind you, as at now, she's not the "SPOILT" type,

Something must be wrong with the post i read undecided
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by iice(f): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2009
I think if there is no chemistry, you can't really force it.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2009
iice, I am sorry for the confusion i must have caused in my post, i couldn't find the mod button, i would have edited the post, however what i meant to say is that i decided not to go into any relationship due to the past 2 incidence and the effect they had on me. and as for the present girl, i am worried about her "quiet and boring" attitude and i think it would affect us if i venture to go into a relationship her because someone like me needs a girl who would ignite me when i am not in a good mood. not the type that would end up making life more boring for me.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by honeric01(m): 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2009
iice:

I think if there is no chemistry, you can't really force it.

I am beginning to think so, but then she would always want us to talk on phone, after the normal routine questions and answers we are used to, nothing else again, when i keep quiet, she would ask me to say something but never would she raise an issue to deliberate on. too bad for me i think.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Czarskit(m): 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2009
Get sum1 els. If u try to get tins into motion at the start, u'll get bored soon enuff. . . Just kip her as a frnd but if u tink u cn 'manage' or 'change' her then go ahead. . .
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by touchmeder: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2009
this is probably the way this chick is. there is no fire/spark between both of you. this one most likely nor go work oh. read through some of the recent post in romance and family section. Most of the issues are bothered around people thinking they could change their partners, wife, husband. those things are there so u can learn. just keep her as a friend.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2009
nah, my ex was exactly like that. hyper quiet . . . never raises an issue. But you can work your way around it if you truly and sincerely love her. If you dont then its time to quit now.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by chamotex(m): 10:28pm On Mar 28, 2009
davidylan:

nah, my ex was exactly like that. hyper quiet . . . never raises an issue. But you can work your way around it if you truly and sincerely love her. If you dont then its time to quit now.

Bros, so you once had a 'Girlfriend'? cool
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2009
dude, the best thing is for u to leave her n let her be
u need a lady to excite u why confine urself to such a dreary future when u can go on ahead to look for one that actually excites u?
keep her as a friend but dont go into a relationship with her
y'all will be both bored of each other in no time

chamo iru ibeere wo ni yen? shocked embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 28, 2009
chamotex:

Bros, so you once had a 'Girlfriend'? cool

i'm not gay.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2009
and bluespice will soon replace her now. grin
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2009
:p
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by topup: 12:22am On Mar 29, 2009
To the poster:

Man I hope I wasn't like that?? Nope - I definitely wasn't, as I began to trust my boyfriend more and more, I began to open up and be more myself, I felt I could express my truest opinions.

Okay, the girl you're thinking of could be either; a) bland, or b) very timid to express herself, so she doesn't want to say anything unplanned, so she tays quiet.

Instead of telling her to express herself, you could start expressing yourself more, once she sees what a freak (not the sex type lol) you are, she too will feel comfortable to express herself.

Knowing a lot about her helps too, because I have had friends make jokes about asian people, yet I love their culture, so I rarely talk about it when I'm around them, upon asking, they would soon find out that somewhere along the line, they had insulted something that means a lot to me and intimidated me from opening up about that particular side of my life. smiley

I hope that helped.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 29, 2009
bluespice:

:p

ngbo miss blue, how about you replace my ex-gf? I'll take you to paradise and back. smiley
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by chamotex(m): 12:28am On Mar 29, 2009
davidylan:

and bluespice will soon replace her now. grin

You must be having a laugh. cheesy
mi o ki n fi iyawo mi ba anybody shere o.

Is she d only girl on this forum?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 12:31am On Mar 29, 2009
chamo 4 d next 5 mins mi o kin se iyawo e mo!
ansa my kweshion! angry

david heaven n back?
naw if u take me to heaven uve also gotta take me to hell b4 u bring me back
do we have a deal? cool
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Moyola(f): 12:33am On Mar 29, 2009
bluespice:

ansa my kweshion! angry

Hhehe!
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by chamotex(m): 12:38am On Mar 29, 2009
bluespice:

ansa my kweshion! angry

singing tyrese: why u gonna act like that

what question?
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 29, 2009
chamotex:

You must be having a laugh.  cheesy
mi o ki n fi iyawo mi ba anybody shere o.

Is she d only girl on this forum?

omo eleyi ti bo mo e lowo o.  grin Why u no tell her to hide her picshure?
bluespice:

david heaven n back?
naw if u take me to heaven uve also gotta take me to hell b4 u bring me back
do we have a deal? cool

sweetie, u just join me and lets take this journey together.
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 12:47am On Mar 29, 2009
werent u flirting with someone to make that same person jealous?
answer me jare!

mi o ti bo lowo e oh wink
david u need to promise me to take me to both places n back again before we can move on to the next stage in this very very long proceeding cool
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 29, 2009
bluespice . . . chamo has nothing to offer. join me grin
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 1:07am On Mar 29, 2009
sorry luv but uve gotta prove urself to me wink
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 29, 2009
errm you tell me . . . i'm all urs baby. smiley
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 1:20am On Mar 29, 2009
lol woulda loved to tell u but u trying to woo a bethroted from her love
the least u could do was impress her wink
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by tope2000(f): 1:23am On Mar 29, 2009
Derailers grin
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by bluespice(f): 1:23am On Mar 29, 2009
'railuway' grin
Re: Problem With Serious Dating by iice(f): 11:21am On Mar 29, 2009
I am beginning to think so, but then she would always want us to talk on phone, after the normal routine questions and answers we are used to, nothing else again, when i keep quiet, she would ask me to say something but never would she raise an issue to deliberate on. too bad for me i think.

You mentioned you are blunt. Have you been blunt about this to her?
Is she always like that? How often do you guys talk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Falling For A Nairaland Member. Is It Real Love? / Need A Female Friend Arround Sango OTA Area Of Ogun State. / I Need A Nairaland Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.