Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (64009 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / See What Bishop Oyedepo Says On His Retirement After Adeboye Stepped Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

No the man is the head of the woman as Christ if the head of man. The wife is not the eyes but a helpmate created solely for the man. That is why only your husband can decide your purpose not you. Your husband directs your purpose, simple and short. If you do not like it then dont marry!

Stop talking nonsense , misogynist religious fanatic. You would do better in a Sharia state.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by safarigirl(f): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Greater intellect to you is questioning the authority of the Bible? Only reprobates thinks this way!
greater intellect is when you allow people beleive what they want instead of badgering them to submit to your warped version of 'the bible'. Stop using God's word to support animalistic tendencies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 11:03am On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, its not confusing at all, it just isn't right to ask that of wives, regardless of how the man is, speaking as regards people who believe the bible anyways, ordinarily submission shouldn't be a requirement in relationships/marriage.

Btw, the post on understanding the bible isn't based on the topic "submission" am talking about the book as a whole.

Lets be honest, we all know how you can be with abusive words so you can't blame her for advising against engaging you, but I assume we are all mature here so I expect we keep it civil even while we disagree.

Why is it not right for women to submit to their husbands? That is why you can never obey scriptures without the Holy spirit.
So obeying the Word of God is conditional? Do good only when you see others doing good.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by DanielPop(m): 11:08am On Aug 25, 2015
But the world was much better then, divorce rate very low with well behaved kids. Then came mindset like yours and the world is now in trouble.

MrDenygerian:
Yes women,.. be submissive like slaves.

If he beats you, be submissive.
If he hits the kids, be submissive.
If he changed after marriage, lost his job, and takes your salary because he paid your bride 'price', be submissive.

Do this all in the name of Christ.
1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

Fools.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by demarc001: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2015
kestolove95:
if d men don't patronise dem..d business won't strive..nd girls won't engage in it..so blame d men cox dey make d girls engage in it

I guess you mean lost (children)girls like u

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 11:21am On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
greater intellect is when you allow people beleive what they want instead of badgering them to submit to your warped version of 'the bible'. Stop using God's word to support animalistic tendencies
How did Ibadger anyone here?Submission to ones husband is a choice just like believing God is also a choice. It is a clear choice to obey God,submit to your husband or disobey God and suffer in your marriage.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Why is it not right for women to submit to their husbands? That is why you can never obey scriptures without the Holy spirit.
So obeying the Word of God is conditional? Do good only when you see others doing good.
You seem to be joining issues.

For starters, you know and understand the meaning of the word 'submission' I assume, now knowing this, how is it fair to expect it of your partner or in this case, wife? More so when the husband is not treating her right.

The problem started with the said word of God, it is greatly flawed and therefore shouldn't be standard for marriage(and living in general).

It is not about doing good only when others do good, it is about telling one party to f00lishly keep doing what you consider good and suffering, while the other gets away with his excesses all in the name of being a man/word of God.

Why do you think even your christian women have a problem with it? The ones who claim to be submissive either don't know the meaning of the word or are being abused and can't help it.

It is true that the bible said men should love their wives like themselves and trust me, the word submission doesn't come up where there is love, because only a stup1d/ungrateful woman will have issues listening to a good man who treats her like himself, so you see, the right word should be "love" for both parties because anyone that loves you will want to see you happy, even if it means making sacrifices/compromise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2015
I reserve my comment.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by safarigirl(f): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

How did Ibadger anyone here?Submission to ones husband is a choice just like believing God is also a choice. It is a clear choice to obey God,submit to your husband or disobey God and suffer in your marriage.
....like I said, you're of a lower intellect than freecocoa or any woman worth her weight in gold. Lucky for you, the world is filled with morons that will submit to your ilk. Have a lovely day

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
....like I said, you're of a lower intellect than freecocoa or any woman worth her weight in gold. Lucky for you, the world is filled with morons that will submit to your ilk. Have a lovely day
But of course your foolish pride wil not let you to obey God! In your high horse women who submit to their husbands are morons while reprobates like you who challenge their husbands are of high intellect. Enjoy your ignorance and bitterness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by demarc001: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2015
kestolove95:
if d men don't patronise dem..d business won't strive..nd girls won't engage in it..so blame d men cox dey make d girls engage in it

I guess you mean girls (un cultured little babies) like you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by safarigirl(f): 12:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

But of course your foolish pride wil not let you to obey God! In your high horse women who submit to their husbands are morons while reprobates like you who challenge their husbands are of high intellect. Enjoy your ignorance and bitterness.
I'd rather be alive and ignorant than die in the hands of a close-minded neanderthal as yourself. God forbid I ever encounter such a being, men like you destroy their families with their "God must be obeyed" mantras. Your submissive wife may even kill you out of frustration eventually. You're a disgrace to Christianity, keep God out of your dictatorial tendencies. God has never supported foolishness, even the old testament you keep harping about supports an eye for an eye. I'm done with you, cretin

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
You seem to be joining issues.

For starters, you know and understand the meaning of the word 'submission' I assume, now knowing this, how is it fair to expect it of your partner or in this case, wife? More so when the husband is not treating her right.

The problem started with the said word of God, it is greatly flawed and therefore shouldn't be standard for marriage(and living in general).

It is not about doing good only when others do good, it is about telling one party to f00lishly keep doing what you consider good and suffering, while the other gets away with his excesses all in the name of being a man/word of God.
Are you smarter than God? Wisdom of the world says submit only if he treats you nice but wisdom of God says submit whether he treats you nice or not. Remember while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. The genuine true Christian will not wait to be treated nice before obeying God. That is what you keep missing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
I'd rather be alive and ignorant than die in the hands of a close-minded neanderthal as yourself. God forbid I ever encounter such a being, men like you destroy their families with their "God must be obeyed" mantras. Your submissive wife may even kill you out of frustration eventually. You're a disgrace to Christianity, keep God out of your dictatorial tendencies. God has never supported foolishness, even the old testament you keep harping about supports an eye for an eye. I'm done with you, cretin
Your foolish pride and bitterness will be your undoing. Keep disobeying God and keep suffering in your marriage until you die of HBP or obey him and enjoy heaven on earth in your marriage. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by fearlesschicken: 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
Oh wow the deluded ignorant homo freak is also on this thread? How wonderful! grin

Safarigirl,freecocoa and ko please leave the guy abeg, just a troll as usual.

The great con artist in the history of mankind has spoken and we have to obey his words as women. We are inferior beings and empty vessels. Infact we are not human beings but slaves to men. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:
Are you smarter than God? Wisdom of the world says submit only if he treats you nice but wisdom of God says submit whether he treats you nice or not. Remember while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. The genuine true Christian will not wait to be treated nice before obeying God. That is what you keep missing.
Oh! Well, a God who reasons in that manner is not so smart(again no offence to anyone)after all, supposing those are even his words, if he exists, don you think he would be above the pettiness portrayed in the bible?.

Christ didn't die for me because I was no where near being in existence as at the time we were told he died, so how could he have died for me?

If there's a God out there and loves us all as equals, he wouldn't want to bestow such nonsense on women.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by safarigirl(f): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:
Your foolish pride and bitterness will be your undoing. Keep disobeying God and keep suffering in your marriage until you die of HBP or obey him and enjoy heaven on earth in your marriage. The choice is yours.
my friend shut up, God didn't tell me anything personally. Stop quoting me you brainless maggot. The women who are blindly submissive are either dead or miserable, NONE is happy. You sound like you're having HBP yourself, onye ara.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Eunore: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
Dinachi, inasmuch as I agree with you, please do not insult people as it doesn't speak well of you since you claim to believe in the Bible. Just as you're advocating that wives should submit to their husbands unconditionally, you too should be nice and not use insulting words whether you were insulted or not. Besides, you can't make them see what you're saying by abusing people, that only makes people resist you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
demarc001:

I guess you mean lost (children)girls like u
You shouldn't do that with her picture, she has a right to live her life, it's not nice, you should remove the picture.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by harristo(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
my friend shut up, God didn't tell me anything personally. Stop quoting me you brainless maggot. The women who are blindly submissive are either dead or miserable, NONE is happy. You sound like you're having HBP yourself, onye ara.

What planet are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by lastnogood(f): 1:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Go and read proverbs 14 Vs 1. The success or failure of a marriage depends largely on a womans attitude. That is the point the Bishop was making. But you are free to attack and abuse the Bible one day you will meet your creator and your eyes go clear.

I'm not getting what you said, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? Because I believe that submission is fine, that ultimately means that if anything goes wrong it's the fault of the one she is submitting to. If I'm submitting to ny husband and he's a bad financial manager, and we go broke it's my fault? C'mon man! It's the husband to blame! He made the decision and I agree, but my attitude caused our money to be lost! Okay now undecided undecided undecided

This is why it's a must that a woman has the free choice to marry who she wants. Someone who she has already judged to be a competent person. That he's a man means nothing! To my own grandmother, who even his family still calls an angel on earth especially after all she went thru, was forced to marry a pastor after her family deemed him to be the best person based on his career. But she never had a chance to review his character.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2015
CFCfan:

Although I dislike false accusations, I'll have to say this society treats women better. Unlike in Naija, the govt doesn't require a husband's consent before a married woman is issued a passport.

There needs to be balance.
Especially in how women relate with men here.
You will always find that these women want the best of the traditional and the best of the modern at the same time.
Even if they cannot mix. Women in general hate responsibility, and so will always run away from the negatives of equality.

Their feminist groups help them escape these consequences.
Also at the extreme, all a female idiot has to do is cry in court and people start taking it easy on her.

For your sake you better not associate with such here. The type that is so vindictive that she will lie in court, and cry, while falsely accusing you of something so serious. These bitches have no conscience whatsoever. Even so-called wives can put a husband in prison thru accusing him of "rape". How will a husband prove that he didn't rape you? Ofcourse they will find his DNA on you. He's your f*cking husband!!! Many innocent men are in prison because of this "equality".

And guess what....these women DONT EVEN GO TO PRISON AND DONT EVER GET PUT IN THE MEDIA (unless they want to like that iyanya girl) EVEN WHEN IT IS LATER PROVEN TO BE A LIE! But before then, as soon as a man is accused he is automatically in the headlines and his life is already condemned. Even after proven innocent, the stigma remains on that man in this society for the rest of his life.

The guys here that refuse to marry are wise, as that is just the logical response to a crap system like this.
Men can survive. It is the women, as they need this love thing the most, that will suffer what they have created for themselves.
Fewer guys here see the point in getting married anymore because of this wide spread societal evil.

Women are far too emotionally unstable to be trusted with the powers this society give them.
No good will come of it.

It's like entrusting human being with the power of God and think that people won't just randomly start dying.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
lastnogood:

I'm not getting what you said, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing with me? Because I believe that submission is fine, that ultimately means that if anything goes wrong it's the fault of the one she is submitting to. If I'm submitting to ny husband and he's a bad financial manager, and we go broke it's my fault? C'mon man! It's the husband to blame! He made the decision and I agree, but my attitude caused our money to be lost! Okay now undecided undecided undecided

This is why it's a must that a woman has the free choice to marry who she wants. Someone who she has already judged to be a competent person. That he's a man means nothing! To my own grandmother, who even his family still calls an angel on earth especially after all she went thru, was forced to marry a pastor after her family deemed him to be the best person based on his career. But she never had a chance to review his character.
Just obey God my dear, all other things will fall in place.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by lastnogood(f): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Just obey God my dear, all other things will fall in place.

My God told me to embrace wisdom, he told be to test the spirit!

6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. 7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Proverbs 4:6-7

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world 1 John 4:1

Prevention is far better than cure my guy, I'd rather prevent being wedlock to a incompetent man, than pray and waste precious time for doing far better things to cure the failing marriage.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by fajani(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
lol
Rich4god:
I been wan reply you, but as I see ur dp, I just gv up...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
Keep romancing your foolish pride until it destroys you! Pride goeth before a fall! Women who submit to their husbands in obedience to Gods word enjoy tranquility and pure bliss like heaven on earth, it is reprobates like you who suffer all kinds of illness from HBP to stroke and die of bitterness because you refused to submit to your husband in obedience to Gods word. C

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by cococandy(f): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
Eunore:
Dinachi, inasmuch as I agree with you, please do not insult people as it doesn't speak well of you since you claim to believe in the Bible. Just as you're advocating that wives should submit to their husbands unconditionally, you too should be nice and not use insulting words whether you were insulted or not. Besides, you can't make them see what you're saying by abusing people, that only makes people resist you

Speaking to the wind.

His bible doesn't condemn abuse. grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Mimiflourish(f): 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
It takes two to make a marriage work.
hmmm.. If only a lot of people know what women go through..some men are simply insatiable!!
Inlaws are a different chapter all together.
Yes! Women should be submissive to their spouses but she should never be dehumanised, humiliated, used and abused.

The men and their families( inlaws ) claim they love their children / grand children- how can you really love the children when you don't love or respect their mother and care about how your actions are affecting her emotionally and other wise?

What kind of children is she expected to raise in these condition?

Why is it that when the woman gets fed up and flees for dear life or files for divorce, someone then accuses the woman of being the reason the marriage broke down?
Must a woman die in the hands of another or end up Raving mad to prove she is loyal and submissive?-

Men.. God did not give you authority to abuse your wife or treat her like a piece of trash so that you can test her level of submission to you or assure yourself you are the man in charge, real men don't do that, boys do!

Bear in mind, that woman is Gods child, made in his very image and bought by the Lord with a price. it's not Gods plan for her life to suffer.
God feels her pain and he will hold you accountable.
Treat that woman with love,consideration and kindness.

I have a lot to say but will have to stop here for now.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
cococandy:

Speaking to the wind.
His bible doesn't condemn abuse. grin
Na wa for you oh!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ElFenomeno1: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
Part of several reasons.....Men have attitude problems too!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Mimiflourish(f): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Do you think it's Gods plan for a woman to continue to suffer in the hands of her spouse and his family indefinitely to a point where she becomes suicidal or apparently going crazy?
Do you think that's Gods plan for her-- his precious daughter whom he bought with a price?
Does that kind of marriage model the Union of Christ and the church( his bride)?

It's unfortunate that we Christians twist the scriptures to suit our personal gain at the expense of others,in the last days people will be lovers on themselves-- Christ will never treat us bad! He layed his life for us befor we even knew him- this amazing love of Christ is the reason we all have hope and an eternal future with him!

The scriputures should never be used to support bad behaviour.

Never do to anyone what you will not like be done to you.-love your neighbour( wife ) as yourself!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
frosbel2:

Stop talking nonsense , misogynist religious fanatic. You would do better in a Sharia state.

Stop spreading your foolish pride here! You would do better leading a free the tips parade. Continue to have your foolish pride and die of HBP and stroke due to disobedience to Gods word.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / A Pastor, 14 Others Accepted Islam In OFFA, Kwara State(acadip) / Stephanie Otobo Shows Money Apostle Suleman Paid Her Via Statement Of Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.