Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop (3150 Views)

Super Machine! Super Computer!! Graphics Machine!!! Up To 32GB Ram / ROG 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD, 6th Gen. Quad-core i7, 8GB Nvidia GTX 1070 / 16gb Ddr4,8gb Ddr4,8ddr3,4ddr3 Ram Laptop,desktop On Docconcepts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hey y'all I'm looking for a laptop with 32GB of Ram,with SSD and @least 15inch screen with good battery.Hollande if you got.
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2015
One, I fear u o, ..the highest you can do is buy a Hp elitebook 8770w or Hp zbook and add the ram yourself,
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2015
kishimi8:
One, I fear u o, ..the highest you can do is buy a Hp elitebook 8770w or Hp zbook and add the ram yourself,
lool,i need a laptop with enough power for virtualization thats why. I dont want to have to strain the hardware so i need a laptop that can run that perfectly within its comfort zone.
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by marleygab(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2015
Very much available call 08020990883.
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 9:55am On Aug 26, 2015
Virtuslization and you need 32 gb, I'm using a Hp elitebook 8560w with 16gb ram and I run vmware V sphere with no stress, I wonder what you wanna Virtualize with 32gb
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 10:02am On Aug 26, 2015
kishimi8:
Virtuslization and you need 32 gb, I'm using a Hp elitebook 8560w with 16gb ram and I run vmware V sphere with no stress, I wonder what you wanna Virtualize with 32gb
how much and where did you get your 8560 and what are you virtualizing with your vmware?
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2015
Got it for 120k. , im just setting up a mini data centre to test out designs before deploying to company hardware, I run as many as 10 vms, while others rest in another desktop, and also a SsAN
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2015
Looking to upgrade to a better laptop soon,
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:12am On Aug 26, 2015
Bought mine used, seen a new 8770w in the market but it costs 190k
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2015
kishimi8:

WOW!!! Bros can i know you?You be like someone worth knowing oh.I intend running VMWare for Windows Server 2012 certification that's why i'm looking for one and possibly something future proof but i dont think i'll be running more than 8 @the onset.What kind of data centre are you setting up sir,whats it supporting?
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:56am On Aug 26, 2015
kode12:

WOW!!! Bros can i know you?You be like someone worth knowing oh.I intend running VMWare for Windows Server 2012 certification that's why i'm looking for one and possibly something future proof but i dont think i'll be running more than 8 @the onset.What kind of data centre are you setting up sir,whats it supporting?

Just a big data stuff, cassandra , and some other stuff, can't disclose any further
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:59am On Aug 26, 2015
If it's ms server, a normal laptop with 8 gig ram would be enough, no need for crazy specs, server os does not really demand much resources,.
If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 you dont even need vmware use the hyper-v included with Windows and with 8gig ram or even 4gig you can do your stuff
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
Well maybe I'll just settle for a 16GB RAM then,probably with a 7200rpm hop it doesn't lag. Lemme know when you decide to upgrade though.
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
Ok
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by Tunee(m): 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
kishimi8:
i'm also considering upgrading to a better laptop. I'm currently contemplating whether to max out my current laptop to 16gb or upgrade to one which can support a total of 32Gb as 32Gb will give me more room to try out some technologies before deploying on Production hardware. Which laptop are you looking into at the moment?i'm looking at the Dell precision Series. Desktops are more cost effective but they cant be carried around smiley
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tunee:

i'm also considering upgrading to a better laptop. I'm currently contemplating whether to max out my current laptop to 16gb or upgrade to one which can support a total of 32Gb as 32Gb will give me more room to try out some technologies before deploying on Production hardware. Which laptop are you looking into at the moment?i'm looking at the Dell precision Series. Desktops are more cost effective but they cant be carried around smiley

Hp zbook 15
In my sights, almost same specs like my elitebook only higher has a nvidia quaddro graphics , importing it next month
Selling my elitebook by then
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by Tunee(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
kishimi8:

Hp zbook 15
In my sights, almost same specs like my elitebook only higher has a nvidia quaddro graphics , importing it next month
good choice! though the zbook 15 is kinda pricey for me. I believe there will be variants which have 3rd gen processors, those might be a bit cheaper. I might also look in to those ones
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
kishimi8:

Hp zbook 15
Guys what do you think about the Dell E7250 core i7 ultrabook for real work. Apart from the small screen do you think it's a good buy? It's 16GB RAM with SSD and pretty clean.What's your opinion for programming and virtualization
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
kishimi8:

Hp zbook 15
c
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
Tunee:

good choice! though the zbook 15 is kinda pricey for me. I believe there will be variants which have 3rd gen processors, those might be a bit cheaper. I might also look in to those ones

Going for cheap will only make you regret, ,
Been using this system for about a year and I'm regretting opting for cheap, wanted 8770w but did not want to spend money, bought this Cuz it also runs a quaddro and has 32gb but I'm now forced to upgrade,
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
kishimi8:

Going for cheap will only make you regret, ,
Been using this system for about a year and I'm regretting opting for cheap, wanted 8770w but did not want to spend money, bought this Cuz it also runs a quaddro and has 32gb but I'm now forced to upgrade,
boss pls check previous post for me I need your opinion
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
kode12:
boss pls check previous post for me I need your opinion

What post??
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
kishimi8:

What post??
Guys what do you think about the Dell E7250 core i7 ultrabook for real work. Apart from the small screen do you think it's a good buy? It's 16GB RAM with SSD and pretty clean.What's your opinion for programming and virtualization
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 11:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
kode12:

What kind of work can you do with a 12 inch machine, hope you know that the core i7 on that machine will be throttled Cuz of the poor cooling system it's bound to have , ,
And another thing to consider is this is designed to be an energy saver laptop so performance won't be crazy, Cuz they will under clock the processor to get more juice out of the battery,,

However if you are not picky about the screen size and unstable performance under heavy load you can buy it,.

It will do well for programming but with virtualization I'm not sure, but I may be very wrong o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 11:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
kode12:

Also don't dream of playing games, the Intel HD graphics 5500 is not meant for heavy graphics work. It's meant for power saving and thus it duffers from throttling, , clock rates are reduced when any heavy performance comes it's way
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 6:38am On Aug 28, 2015
kishimi8:

Also don't dream of playing games, the Intel HD graphics 5500 is not meant for heavy graphics work. It's meant for power saving and thus it duffers from throttling, , clock rates are reduced when any heavy performance comes it's way
I thought as much honestly,just wanted a third eye. I'll probably be getting the 8560w from eBay @least for a start to power my project.How much are you selling btw I may just get yours if in good condition.
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 9:03am On Aug 28, 2015
Selling mine at same price I bought it
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2015
kishimi8:
Wow are you kidding me.
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2015
kishimi8:
pls can you help.I have changed the administrator password on all the guest OS,I have also changed the password on the admin account of the host OS I still keep getting the same problem.Ideas pls
CC Tonee

Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2015
kode12:
pls can you help.I have changed the administrator password on all the guest OS,I have also changed the password on the admin account of the host OS I still keep getting the same problem.Ideas pls
CC Tonee

Does this dialog come up when you are trying to login or is it when you try to change da password
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kode12: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2015
kishimi8:

Does this dialog come up when you are trying to login or is it when you try to change da password
I'm trying to set up a domain controller on the guest OS but dcpromo won't run because it says my admin account doesn't have a password or doesn't meet requirements.I've changed the password severally but to no avail
Re: In Need Of 32GB RAM Laptop by kishimi8(m): 9:57am On Aug 28, 2015
kode12:

I'm trying to set up a domain controller on the guest OS but dcpromo won't run because it says my admin account doesn't have a password or doesn't meet requirements.I've changed the password severally but to no avail

The password for your local account needs to meet the minimum password complexity:
The password is at least six characters long.
The password contains characters from three of the following four categories:
1. English uppercase characters (from A through Z)
2. English lowercase characters (from a through z)
3. Base 10 digits (from 0 through 9)
4. Non-alphanumeric characters (for example: !, $, #, or %)
If your still having a problem, this is what you have to do to bypass dcpromo.exe Administrator Password required error
Open your command prompt and enter the following command
net user Administrator <YourPassword> /passwordreq:yes
At the same time, you could look into the dcpromo.log to verify the issue.

But first try to change the password via gui, using ctrl alt del

(1) (2) (Reply)

LG V30 64GB Silver Used -50k -sold / Best Budget Cheap Laptops below 100K Naira in 2020 [Best Selling] / Very Clean Used Nokia N70 And Blackberry 8900 Javelin For Sale #9k And 22k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.