Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA (41828 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / You’re Not My Flight Instructor? / Meet The 23-year-old Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA Mubarak Bashir Abdu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by makzeze: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
Mubarak Bashir is a 23-year- old Kano indigene based in the US, was recently retained by the Aerosim Flight Academy USA as the first Africanflight instructor. Bashir, a native of Sitti in Sumaila local government area of Kano state, speaks on his career so far, among other issues. Excerpts:-Mubarak Bashir

Tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Mubarak Bashir, born in 1992 and that makes me 23 years old now. I am from Sitti in Sumaila Local government of Kano state. I did my primary school at Sea Gate College in Lagos and also went to Zaria Academy for my secondary school. I later left Nigeria for Malaysia where I did my first degree on software at Luton East London University and currently working with Aerosim Flight Academy as a Flight instructor in Florida, United States of America.

How did you get into the aviation school and under whose sponsorship?

After completing my B.Sc, I decided to pursue a career in aviation. All these things wouldn’t have been possible without my humble father’s commitment to our education as his children.

When I told him about my intention, he told me that it will be done. I applied and got admitted; I started my training at the Aerosim Flight Academy under the sponsorship of my father. My father always wanted the best for us and he stops at nothing to see that we got the best. He has been very supportive and I owed my success to him.

How would you describe studies in the US and that of Nigeria?

Actually, these are two different issues and I believe each has its own disadvantages and advantages, depending on the personality involved. When talking about two different countries with distinctive differences in economic and social standard, definitely studies in such countries will not be the same. However, in flight training, I think the weather in Florida is more favourable for training and also they have advanced flight training devices and better aircrafts compared to Nigeria.
What do you think usually makes people to prefer studying abroad than in Nigeria?
Actually, people travelled to a lot of places to seek for knowledge and usually their main reasons differ. But one thing remains unchanged and that is people always want to get quality education.
What are the challenges you faced?
I guess the biggest challenge I faced is my age, as a young man far away from home; I have to be extra careful in the ways I conducted myself. I have to be pushing myself to the desired stable. However, in my chosen carrier it is not easy, for a man of my age to become a professional pilot. It takes lot of hard work, dedication and also lots of sacrifice which I am willing to do.

Did you face any discrimination being an a Nigerian or African?

None that I can remember, as a Nigerian and the only African, I get equal and fair treatment from my colleagues and the instructors.

What are your motivations?
First of all I have always been passionate about flying. What motivates me is flying to different places around the world and meeting people from different background and above all my father’s commitment to my success.

You were recently retained as a Flight Instructor and the first African to achieve that. What is the secret?

Most people only get their commercial pilot license and head back home to work in the airline agencies in their countries. I decided to stay back after getting my commercial pilot license to obtain my flight instructor license. So I guess the secret is my determination to stay behind; and getting the flight instructor license. You also need to be on the F1 Visa which allows you to work.

Do you intend to come back to Nigeria and live?
Nigeria is my mother land and will continue to be, I will absolutely come back to Nigeria because I have no better place than Nigeria.

What are your future plans?
Now that I have been retained in the academy, I will concentrate in justifying what I was retained to do and after that I may consider working for the airline or flying corporate.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/meet-the-23-year-old-nigerian-flight-instructor-based-in-usa/#sthash.6EAWbOWl.dpuf

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by boboLIL(m): 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2015
Good

6 Likes

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by fulanimafia: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
It is commendable that Kano State is leading the maintenance of this contribution to the Nations economy by sponsoring its students to aviation schools worldwide, and has started reaping early fruits like the first Northern female pilot celebrated recently.

From the Nigerian College for Aviation Technology Zaria, the premier and most recognized Aviation college in West Africa, to its numerous airlines from Hold Trade, Albarka, Chanchangi etc to the current Kabo Air, IRS and Med-view airlines. Its refreshing that Arewa continues to consolidate its historical hold on the aviation sector.

Kudos to Mubarak, another shining ambassador of our great nation. Let us hope his mates from huangcheng's neck of the woods that are notorious for being hanged like chickens for drug trafficking thereby disgracing the country, can learn a thing or two about hardwork from this young fellow.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Buyeradvertcom: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
Nice one brother.... D sky is just d beginning.....

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by shegsrules(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
Nigerians representing d nation well

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by fulanimafia: 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by CR77(f): 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
cheesy
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by qualityovenbake(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Good. Make us proud back home.
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by youngice(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
EgusiSoup:
.and the dullard can't upgrade education in the country to avoid useless news like this. undecided
Official case of brain disorder

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by koxi: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Lovely. Keep it up.
Proudly Nigerian
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by pharmow: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
The first thing I did after opening this thread is to see the tribe of the young brain. I'm so glad he is neither yoruba nor igbo. Had it mean he's from either tribe I would have left the thread without any comment because I know it's just a matter of time before tribal bashing starts. And I'm tired of the tribal bashing sh.it
Like I said in one of my comments, the mistake most of we southeners make is to believe Hausa people are not educated. Though in comparison, it is true that the number of southerners that have western education outweighs those of the northerners but the few northerners that do go to school always do well. I dont know how important this is until i traveled outside the country. Everyone cannot be a degree holder, some people should do skilled trade while some other people follow whatever they are talented in. I believe this is the way a normal society should be.

NB: One of the bane of naija problem is the fierce rival between the 2 major tribes of Yoruba and Igbo. Only if both can work for selfless interest of naija development. I know I will get bashed for this comment but this to you my friends is the truth.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by chynergy1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
aboki don break record...at least for once
i am happy grin grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Hysmady(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Make us proud
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by RichDad1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
Here for the name
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Okestra01(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
Commendable fit by a good nigerian.Nigeria needs more of you son.
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by MzzTega(f): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
23, That's good.
Niggar is already a Man.

3 Likes

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
shame on devil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by pure2012soul(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
Some of his age mates in Naija will be sagging their trousers and forming swags. Mtcheew.
Well done my brother. I pray you don't get yourself indoctrinated by BH and their allies. We can't afford a world trade centre type of incident in Naija

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by ademolasundayd(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
God rember me

2 Likes

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by pheyikemi: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Good he knew the value of education. I'm glad he didn't foolishly join the trade of his peaceful brethren up north.

6 Likes

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by agarawu23(m): 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
nice

1 Like

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by dhardline(m): 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2015
Good for them...
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by moscobabs(m): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin sebi den say North no dey go sch?

4 Likes

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Seuncoded(f): 4:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
JOB
Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 24, 2015
Nice one bros, the Sky isn't your limit but 'your beginning and end' lolz grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mubarak Bashir Nigerian Flight Instructor Based In USA by Ilekeh(f): 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
Northerners like flight school. I met a lot of them at my flight school. b I've never met so many northerners outside of Nigeria.

So proud of him. Fine looking hausa-fulani boy kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges / My Exprience In Kazakhstan / Man Comes Out Alive From Crushed Bus After Container Destroyed 9 Vehicles. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.