Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

God Was WITH God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Was WITH God (10779 Views)

If Jesus Was God, How Could He Pray To God? Was Jesus Praying To Himself?” / HAITI DISASTER: God Was Aware, Yet God Didn't Prevent It! / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
An2elect2:

This is what i believe.

1 Timothy 3:16 " And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh,
justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached
unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world,
received up into glory."

I don't see the Father the way trinity defines Him. But i know God is the Father, who has revealed Himself in bodily form in these last days.

Great. That is Jesus you talked about, the Everlasting Father. The King of kings, Lord of lords, Prince of Peace. His names is too numerous.
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jozzy4:

Lot of Gods .

Angels Are Gods

Humans Are Gods .

Why dont you add them to your dogma, thats billionity or millionity ? Instead of just 3 Tri Gods .

You need to be confused the more.

Do you Know that all the children of God on earth were given birth to by the Holy Spirit?
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
victorels:

You need to be confused the more.

Do you Know that all the children of God on earth were given birth to by the Holy Spirit?

I can see Yu are out of your mind .
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jozzy4:

I can see Yu are out of your mind .

That is the confusion I am talking about. Enjoy it.
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2015
victorels:

That is the confusion I am talking about. Enjoy it.

At least you confess Two Gods praying to each other .
Victorels : " Yes, Jesus God pray to the Father, God"
God pray to God ! Nice confession

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
Jozzy4:

At least you confess Two Gods praying to each other .

Victorels : " Yes, Jesus God pray to the Father, God"

God pray to God ! Nice confession

You will always misquote people like satan would do.

I never said that that two Gods prayed to each other.
I told you that Jesus, God, prayed to the Father God. I never said the Father Prayed to Jesus.

Again, I said by the words of Jesus, I and the Father are one". It means if Jesus is God and the Father is God, and both of them are one, then they are one God.

Why am I re-explaining. You should be thinking on how we born of the Holy Spirit
Re: God Was WITH God by An2elect2(f): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
victorels:

Great. That is Jesus you talked about, the Everlasting Father. The King of kings, Lord of lords, Prince of Peace. His names is too numerous.

Jesus is the Father that father of old in bodily form.

Equivalent to saying God became a part of His creation through Jesus Christ.
Re: God Was WITH God by An2elect2(f): 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Worst sad
Failed assessment.
Re: God Was WITH God by An2elect2(f): 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@bolded since God is the father that revealed himself in bodily form, why then did he pray to another father?

Jesus prayed as a man to the God/Deity in Him.
Re: God Was WITH God by Demmzy15(m): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
Daniel 7:13-14
"I kept looking in the night visions, And
behold, with the clouds of heaven One
like a SON OF MAN was coming, And He
came up to the Ancient of Days And was
presented before Him. "And to Him was
given dominion, Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations, and men of every language Might SERVE HIM. His
dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away; And His
kingdom is one Which will not be
destroyed.

Obviously, if the Son of Man were only
human, He would not be able to
establish an eternal kingdom. Likewise,
He would not be able to convince all
peoples to serve Him. Such abilities and
honors are reserved for God alone.
Jesus claimed to be the Son of Go
Off point! grin grin grin
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 1:04am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:
John 1:1 , God was WITH God .

Seriously , That sounds like two Gods emphasis on " WITH" ; Can anyone clarify this ?

Jozzy4 has misquoted John 1:1
The Bible say's John 1:1 .... the Word was with God .... (which is two persons who are God, not two god's)
the verse goes on to say that the Word is God.

jw changes what the Bible say's to try and suit their false doctrines, although the penalty for doing that is great.

Deu 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Look at changes Jehovah's Witnesses have made to the Bible

Just some
1. John 1:1 "Word was God" changed to "Word was a god."

The JWs reject the orthodox Christian belief in the deity of Jesus. The revision asserts that Jesus was someone other than God Himself.

2. Genesis 1:2 "Spirit of God" changed to "God's active force."

The revision modifies the original noun with a more impersonal form as the JWs reject the orthodox Christian belief in the personality of the Holy Spirit.

3. Exodus 3:14 "I am" changed to "I shall prove to be."

The revision clouds the connection between God's self proclaimed title and Jesus' proclamation of being the same in John 8:58, as the JW rejects the deity of Jesus.

4. Luke 23:43 'Today you will be with me" changed to "I tell you today, You will be with me."

Jesus assured the thief on the cross that their spirits would soon enter the spiritual/heavenly realm together. As the JWs reject the belief in the conscious survival of the human spirit after death, their revision suggests that "today" deals with the time of the statement rather than the relocation of their spirits.

5. John 1:12 "Believe" changed to "exercise faith."

The orthodox Christian doctrine of spiritual justification and rebirth before God by belief in Jesus is in conflict with the JW doctrine of salvation by works (i.e., obedience to their organization). The revision attempts to describe salvation as a continuous process rather than a radical encounter and transition (Same revision found in John 3:16, 18; 6:29; Rom. 4:3, 10:4, 9, 10.)

6. John 14:14 "IF YOU ask [me] anything in my name, I will do it."

"me" is omitted to deny the fact we pray to Jesus.

John 14:14 should also be mentioned. In the NWT this reads; "IF YOU ask anything in my name, I will do it." The Greek text in the KIT, however, has ME after ask, so that it should be translated; "If you ask ME anything in my name, I will do it." It is true that some later Greek manuscripts omitted this word, but most of the earlier ones include it, and most modern editions of the Greek NT include it. At the very least, the NWT ought to have mentioned this in a note!

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-NWT.htm
Re: God Was WITH God by johnw74: 2:59am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:

Its not a lie , unless you want to tell me the Word is not God .

The Word is God , and (The Word ) God was WITH God .

" The Word God was WITH God" . God was with another God
( this second God is not the word, is he ?) Two Different Gods .

' we Write you things you can understand' 1cor 1:13

So what exactly is there that you dont understand ?

@ red,
As well as jw twisting the scriptures, they also ofcourse twist what people say as many point out

My sentence: "We know from scriptures that God is One, if we don't understand that we will at least believe it,"
Jozzy4 again twists and implies another meaning: "So what exactly is there that you dont understand ?"

With jw it's not about Truth, but about winning points in their own minds, and by any means, to make them feel better.
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 6:46am On Aug 26, 2015
Some say am an atheist , others said am a jw , to some am a muslim .
Why ? Because am exposing their polytheism see accusations .
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 6:49am On Aug 26, 2015
Scripture said " there is one God , THE FATHER" 1 Cor 8:6 , only the father .

But john 1:1 include another God into the scene , since this God is not the Father ; ITS ANOTHER GOD . Two Gods ; pure polytheism
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 7:27am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

I never said that that two Gods prayed to each other.
I told you that Jesus, God, prayed to the Father God. I never said the Father Prayed to Jesus.

Jesus God is not the Father God , shey ? cool

Jesus God , prayed to the Father God , its clear we see Jesus God PRAYING TO the other God .

I dont even need to talk too much . Its clear

Again, I said by the words of Jesus, I and the Father are one". It means if Jesus is God and the Father is God, and both of them are one, then they are one God.

A LIE and infact a very bad logic which contradicts the scripture @ underlined

Victorels : "one God , Father and Son"

Scripture : " One God , The FATHER" 1Cor 8:6

Who is lying between the two of you ? grin

2 Likes

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:

Jesus God is not the Father God , shey ? cool

Jesus God , prayed to the Father God , its clear we see Jesus God PRAYING TO the other God .

I dont even need to talk too much . Its clear

A LIE and infact a very bad logic which contradicts the scripture @ underlined

Victorels : "one God , Father and Son"

Scripture : " One God , The FATHER" 1Cor 8:6

Who is lying between the two of you ? grin

You are forgetting the Third, the Holy Spirit, God.
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 8:03am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

You are forgetting the Third, the Holy Spirit, God.

You mean Paul forget ? grin

1COR 8:6 : for us , there is one God , the Father "

Victorels : for us , there is one God , the father and son and holyspirit " shocked

Who is lying between the two of you ?

2 Likes

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:

You mean Paul forget ? grin

1COR 8:6 : for us , there is one God , the Father "

Victorels : for us , there is one God , the father and son and holyspirit "

Who is lying between the two of you ?

Liviticus 25:17
Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God.

2 Samuel 22:32
For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?

MArk 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandmentsis, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Did you see anything in those Verses. The Lord is God.
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 8:34am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandmentsis, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Your case is pathetic , the LORD in those bible verses is the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob .

Or are you telling me Jesus Is The God Of Abraham , Isaac And Jacob ?

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:

Your case is pathetic , the LORD in those bible verses is the God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob .

Or are you telling me Jesus Is The God Of Abraham , Isaac And Jacob ?

1Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Are you saying their is two Lords. One the Lord that you accept as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and another Lord, Jesus Christ by whom all things were created.

And you have accepted the Lord is God and still want to oppose the spirit convincing you for repentance.

The word of God is truth.
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

with what i bolded, i see no reason why xtians should refer to jesus as God, when he clearly said "our lord" meaning he is included. this is a clear cut statement from the lips of jesus himself. pls read the bible the way it is not how you were deluded(no offences) to read it.

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2015
lexiconkabir:
with what i bolded, i see no reason why xtians should refer to jesus as God, when he clearly said "our lord" meaning he is included. this is a clear cut statement from the lips of jesus himself. pls read the bible the way it is not how you were deluded(no offences) to read it.
Thanks. We know what we know. It is not for everybody to know.

1 Like

Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

1Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him;

Good ! Its not " one God , father, son and holyspirit" .

Its clear you are the LIAR Not 1 Cor 8:6

and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Are you saying their is two Lords. One the Lord that you accept as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and another Lord, Jesus Christ by whom all things were created.

And you have accepted the Lord is God and still want to oppose the spirit convincing you for repentance.

The word of God is truth.
Point of correction: bible translators deliberately replac the name YAHWEH with "LORD" in the hebrew scriptures , hence come your confusion.
Besides, It was the YAHWEH,God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that "made Jesus Lord" oooo , guess u havnt read your bible to that extent .

Answer my question :

~ is Jesus the same person called God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob ?
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 9:24am On Aug 26, 2015
lexiconkabir:

Wow , I thought i was the only one that noticed .
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

Thanks. We know what we know. It is not for everybody to know.
see, dont be afraid to question your faith! try and reason my statement in my previous post. jesus neva called himself God, was it because he did miracles? he always made it known that all the miracles he did was by the leave of God, why thence do you xtians take him as almighty God?
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:

were you once a xtian? if yes why did you leave?
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2015
lexiconkabir:
see, dont be afraid to question your faith! try and reason my statement in my previous post. jesus neva called himself God, was it because he did miracles? he always made it known that all the miracles he did was by the leave of God, why thence do you xtians take him as almighty God?

Try and read through my post in this thread and you would see were I said you can't question what you know. You would also discover the place I give the difference between the Father and "The Word" who is Jesus. I understand what I have said.

You advised me to read the Bible the way it is but you only want me to quote where Jesus said "I am Jesus and I am God"
This is the Scripture. "1Corinthians8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." This confirm that everything that Exist was made possible by Jesus. It was not without the Father. For in the Creation, God said, Come let us make man in our Image. John 1 Confirm this.

Reading the scriptures for understanding would do you good rather than to proof your right. If I must advice, do the same with Quo'ran and you would discover things non of your teachers have told you.
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2015
Jozzy4:

Thank You for Noticing. For your Information, Jesus our Lord was reminding the people what was written in the Law when one asked Him which is the greatest Commandment. He reminded them of the Commandment in "Deuteronomy 6:4-6
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord :
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:"

Is it an offence for me to remind you of what I have told you earlier.
lexiconkabir:
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

Try and read through my post in this thread and you would see were I said you can't question what you know. You would also discover the place I give the difference between the Father and "The Word" who is Jesus. I understand what I have said.

You advised me to read the Bible the way it is but you only want me to quote where Jesus said "I am Jesus and I am God"
This is the Scripture. "1Corinthians8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him." This confirm that..............

Reading the scriptures for understanding would do you good rather than to proof your right. If I must advice, do the same with Quo'ran and you would discover things non of your teachers have told you.
YOU QUOTED PAUL! quote jesus himself. well i read my quran cover to cover every ramadan, do you do the same with your bible? or leave your pastors to do it for you?
Re: God Was WITH God by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

Thank You for Noticing. For your Information, Jesus our Lord was reminding the people what was written in the Law when one asked Him which is the greatest Commandment. He reminded them of the Commandment in "Deuteronomy 6:4-6
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

thats not the point, he said "our lord" if i am reminding you of something that belongs to you alone, will i use "our"? nay! since he referred to God as both his lord and their lord, then why should you call jesus God?
Re: God Was WITH God by Jozzy4: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2015
victorels:

He include himself " OUR God" ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Historical Facts! Freewillism Existed For Centuries As A Heresy. / Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana / RCCG 64th Annual Convention : Amen; Aug 1-7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.