Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job (42827 Views)

4 Reasons You Should Start A Side Hustle As A Working Class Nigerian / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job!!! - See More At: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by emmykk(m): 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
ladyF:
Oh my....really? shocked

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
if you think ladyf spam all the thread with this usually post like.

If ladyf is a guy he is very hopless wasting time that he would have used for other project.if he is a lady ooo condem
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by Olasco93: 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
OP in my opinion:
I don't think this post is encouraging people here, but rather discouraging many.
There is a popular say that "a journey of greatness begins with a step" Moreover, all private schools are not the same as u may think, and you and the employee don't av dsame thought, challenges and plans. There are some people who are ready to take this job for 5,000. Not bcuz dey like it, but bcuz they av no option. Or would you advice that fellow to go and steal or bcom a kidnapper to earn huge some in a way that endanger his life, and d society at large.
Please i would rather you title the topic "8 challenges facing some private school job teaching job today."
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by 3kay945(m): 8:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Uhmm, I have heard of a private school that didn't provide chair for their teachers in class. You have to stand and be going through pupils work.

Immediately you stepped in the school compound, you don't have access to the gate till closing.
Poor man dey suffer for naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by igahdavid(m): 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op, e be like say hunger never catch you.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by nochildsplay(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
ladyF:
Oh my....really? shocked

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
is that supposed to be a contribution or WTF is with that "
Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin"
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by JudgementHammer: 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
This matter na true talk o. I don suffer am b4. Thank God for now
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by 3kay945(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2015
prettydamsel2:
Most of them would owe you your salary or they ll be giving you little by little. 2000 today, 1000 next week angry

Those ones isn't worth being called private school.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by ugochukwu15(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2015
crazygod:
Guess that's what's killing the youths of this country. The Op definitely has a lazy mentality. So u think the points you brought up are enough to tell someone not to work in a private school? Oya go look for job in public school na if them go employ u.
Based on experience, working in a private school hands u a flexible time where u can still do ur own stuffs.
U can work part-time in different schools and still earn what all those banks dey pay their employees if u add up all incomes earned (if u're looking at it from a financial point of view)... But truth be told, the main reason why you (op) brought up this reasons is because u aint an educationist. Try setting up ur own private schools and come back here to tell me how easy it is to run it.

Sorry to ask, have you ever taught in a school before? And you talk about part time teaching, have you done that too? How many schools did you teach if u have done it before? Being a Teacher is one of the most tedious jobs in nigeria! And the benefit that comes with it is nothing to write home about! Writer I feel ur pain 100%

5 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by phiszo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
very true @op. but it depends on the private school and the fees the students pay. where i served, the teachers are paid peanuts, and they don't even pay on time.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by dirtysexyjokes: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
A man was wandering around a carnival and he happened to see a fortuneteller’s tent. Thinking it
would be good for a laugh, he went inside and sat down.
“Ah...” said the woman as she gazed into her crystal ball. “I see you are the father of two children.”
“That’s what you think,” said the man scornfully. “I’m the father of THREE children.”
The woman grinned and said, “That’s what YOU think!”

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Simply nothing but the truth. I experienced these. Thou it's not all that pay poor salaries. Their general problem is the excess work load on the teacher and time consuming. You are expected to be in school from 7am to 4 or 5pm. One of the reasons I rejected several private school offers my aunty got for me after my NYSC even thou they were paying better than the tertiary institution I am now and I know the owners but my dear,nothing better than freedom. They don't even care about your health and if you say you went to the hospital,you must submit your doctor's report. Or is it the the insult you receive from parents. I resigned from one of the schools after I angrily slapped a very stup!d woman who slapped a male teacher in front of the pupils and the teacher is a very gentle guy,a pastor...
But it's better than staying idle.
Emasky4real:

Source:http://taiwoemayosan..com/2015/08/8-reasons-you-should-never-take-private.html

Your comments are welcomed below.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by Jcob(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
@OP please start a school and pay graduates 120k. You talked as if there are no benefits to the teachers. Many schools cut up to 50% tuition for teachers that are parents. The fact that you close early too allows you to do PP . . . . .
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by ugochukwu15(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
Sweetlemon:
There are Private schools and there are private schools. op is definitely talking about the below N50k school fees private school. Some schools pay as much as N1.5m and above per term. Those ones don't joke with the quality of their teachers and you can bet that they pay them really good.

Judging from comments here, NL is filled with unexposed people sha. Some people don't just go out at all.

You na mumu! I've seen you that is expose like naked fire. Na your type go Help The Poor Community School.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by chrisbaby24(m): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

How many jobs did your drunken, clueless mentor create?
Heyyyyy,...oga abegi...I no dey for dat ur insult..park well....cos me no be PDP or APC supporter...me na naija boy wey dey pray make e betta for we country...make jobs dey for men....na dia me I dey...so no insult...##respect##

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by bashsani(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
Richie0974:
I agree with the op on everything except for 1... I'll say it depends on the Private school... Some private school teachers get more salary compared to their mates in public schools... In another news...

Happy birthday to me.... cheesy
u did read through the passage
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by ugochukwu15(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2015
Acidosis:
OP is a chronic dullard.

People like you would prefer earning N50,000 monthly while you spend N30,000 on transport and medications.

Some of those teachers have alternative earnings. Most spend N0.00 on transport.

Everybody love juicy figures, but it wont come easy to all; stop discouraging the young minds. You also need to quit the hasty generalisation as most private secondary schools in Lagos pay more than your estimate.

Oga abeg mention 20 schools in lagos that pays above 30k.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by bashsani(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2015
ATMC:
No, you are not entirely right. I teach in a private school and My experience is different. First of all, if you teach in a school where a child's school fees is #5000 or there about, it's not feasible to get a pay above #9000. I guess u know why.

I teach in a private school where their fees is #180,000 for day-students and much more for boarders. So you see my salary is okay compared to my needs. I get some experiences which is the inspiration behind my working there. Stop the single story.
the op has already stated the thread was for those remaining 90 percent that earnn minute salary

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by karkinase(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op I strongly agree with u, teaching in a private school can reali be a waste of time as dere is no room for career advancement of any sort except dose whose line is teaching. But as per naija tins, wetin man pikin go do na, @ least dem say half bread better pass none.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by bashsani(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2015
ajebuter:
The dumbest thread on NL for this month!

Place where I earn very comfortable 6 figure salary monthly, plus other juicy incentives, excellent management, sponsored trips, medicals, and yet I close at 4 with little stress.

I enjoy my job more than my banker younger brother enjoys his.

Mumu post..
he has already stated that the thread was for the remaining 90 percent that earns minute salary

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by zicoraads: 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
Sweetlemon:
There are Private schools and there are private schools. op is definitely talking about the below N50k school fees private school. Some schools pay as much as N1.5m and above per term. Those ones don't joke with the quality of their teachers and you can bet that they pay them really good.
Judging from comments here, NL is filled with unexposed people sha. Some people don't just go out at all.
It's surprising, really. I know a school where car loans are usually dolled out to staff, with very flexible repayment timeline. Also, staff are sent for trainings within the country where they go by flights and abroad as well. Also, no staff's salary starts below 50k(for new staff). Their teachers drive very good cars and are well off. Staff are served breakfast and sometimes lunch in school.

Allow these ignorant ones to be posting trash here. Indeed, people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op u can lie oooo.u people just wrie jangbajantis cos u wanna be on FP. Shior. Well as a private school teacher,i would telk you dat ur nos 1n 5 points are so wrong cos not all private schools are mushroom so you probably need to change the topic to make it more specific.
My friends in government schools are the most wretched teachers ever. BTW u shudn't make teaching look so bad.c'mon ppls future are shaped thanks to dat.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
silent10:

rushing to b 1st 2 comment & 4get wat d topic is abt. at where did d op wrote "private schools nt up to standard" undecided read again then come bk to comment
then can't u decifer what I meant by my comment Mr. Prof??
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2015
Is that so? When hunger catch you, you go know what's up.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by SSAFHOM(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
Do not despise the days of little beginning.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by bashsani(m): 9:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
zicoraads:
It's surprising, really. I know a school where car loans are usually dolled out to staff, with very flexible repayment timeline. Also, staff are sent for trainings within the country where they go by flights and abroad as well. Also, no staff's salary starts below 50k(for new staff). Their teachers drive very good cars and are well off. Staff are served breakfast and sometimes lunch in school.

Allow these ignorant ones to be posting here. Indeed, people perish for lack of knowledge.
the op has already stated that the thread was for the remaining 90 percent that earn minute salary

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by bashsani(m): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
Very few understood the post

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by benjaminiyke(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
chrisbaby24:
Create job dem no want...na to probe dis ...probe dat...very soon dem go probe dia mkpuru amu....mtcheewww...
hahahahahah. Chaiii. Una no go kill person for nairaland o.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by ATMC(f): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
bashsani:
the op has already stated the thread was for those remaining 90 percent that earnn minute salary
In the first, second or third paragraph?
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by fromnigeria(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2015
Emasky4real:

Source:http://taiwoemayosan..com/2015/08/8-reasons-you-should-never-take-private.html

Your comments are welcomed below.
OP how could you advice people to quit managing a private school without proffering alternative Jobs they can make do with till the dream job comes.

For this sole reason, your post is incomplete.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by onomeasike: 9:28pm On Aug 24, 2015
eagleeye2:
If you teaching where you are paid 20k or less, my brother know that your school is a mushroom school or you were never qualified to teach in the first place.
No, B.A(Ed) or B.sc(Ed) will accept to teach with that ridiculous price. Infact an N.C.E or T.C. 11 won't accept it, cos they know they are hot cakes in the educational sector.
So, leave teaching for teachers.

Please remind me of the cut off marks for education courses and why you chose to embarras yourself with this lie from the pit of hell on this first day of a brand new week? angry
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by Dailyfavour(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
Op, ure speaking what one is experiencing right now, ALL THE POINTS ARE SENSIBLY COMPUTED. Well done

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job by bunlizlaw(f): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
ATMC:
No, you are not entirely right. I teach in a private school and My experience is different. First of all, if you teach in a school where a child's school fees is #5000 or there about, it's not feasible to get a pay above #9000. I guess u know why.

I teach in a private school where their fees is #180,000 for day-students and much more for boarders. So you see my salary is okay compared to my needs. I get some experiences which is the inspiration behind my working there. Stop the single story.
OP is absolutely correct! His/her submissions are true.I have had opportunities of teaching in both mushrooms and big schools so I can categorically confirm Op's claims.Even if you earn as much as 200k, muse over it, do you see yourself becoming a director in such school in another 10 years?Never! In fact when I quitted from one of the big schools in Lekki to further my studies, most of my colleagues were trying to persuade me to stay.Today, I am happy where I am and most of them are envious of me.If at all I will teach,then I will proceed with my higher degree(PhD) and then become a lecturer. I would never advise my enemy to teach in Private schools.Most of them subject their Staff to modern slavery.#Truth is bitter.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peace Ibekwe Abdallah Promoted To Assistant IG Of Police. Photos / Female Keke Driver Spotted In Enugu (Pictures) / What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.