Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? (6596 Views)

What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2sex(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
I was asked by aunt to kill 4 adorable cats today and sincerely within me, I wasn't really happy about it.

She claimed they have been disturbing all through the night and when I visited her, she asked me to help her kill them.

Why do Nigerians hate cats? Is there anyone keeping them as pets?

Please share...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2CatWoman: 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2015
Horses for courses dear, my dad loved cats and so do I. I love them soo much I named myself after them wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
I have a cat as pet and I love her!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by quivah(f): 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2015
I hate them cause of the OT nollywood gave us about them, I just hate their cry..majorly
dogs all the way.. naija cats no just do,with their skinny body and little fur
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by solodox(m): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
Different strokes bro, am more of a dog person so not so eager about housing them, buh i wont condone such cruelty to defenceless cats all cause they were stiring aunties sentiments!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Rukkydelta(f): 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
Because they are mostly possessed by demonic evil satanic spirit #FACT
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by gidjah(m): 3:22am On Aug 25, 2015
Think so maa'm?,IF Cats,......... THEN Dogs
Rukkydelta:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by eleojo23: 4:42am On Aug 25, 2015
Cats are too quiet for my liking. You never know what a cat is thinking...grin
And those shiny eyes of theirs...
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by MrAnonTAC: 5:36am On Aug 25, 2015
cos they are cats!

GO CHECK TRUE ANONYMOUS CONFESSION BLOG
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by remsonik(f): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2015
I hate cats. Their eyes,their cries and the way they snuggle up to humans.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by angelTI(f): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2015
remsonik:
I hate cats. Their eyes,their cries and the way they snuggle up to humans.

You took the words out of my mouth! The way they look at you is something else. The only good thing about cats is transmission of evil spirit tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by jashar(f): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2015
cheesycats are synonymous to winshes in Nigeria naa.

I personally don't like them cuz of their aloof nature. But I LOVE dogs... kiss kiss kiss so friendly, playful, cuddly and warm.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Emmyk(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2015
eleojo23:
Cats are too quiet for my liking. You never know what a cat is thinking...grin
And those shiny eyes of theirs...
cheesy cheesy
The way their eyes glow in the dark tho shocked

They kill our chickens so we kill em in return undecided
Nothing personal.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by ladygudhead(f): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2015
2sex:
I was asked by aunt to kill 4 adorable cats today and sincerely within me, I wasn't really happy about it.

She claimed they have been disturbing all through the night and when I visited her, she asked me to help her kill them.

Why do Nigerians hate cats? Is there anyone keeping them as pets?

Please share...

my mum keeps cat as pet to avoid rats.Rats can b more dangerous than cat.she is a very godly n devoted christian.she does not really attribute too much negativity or evil in keeping cats.

I understand that they can b used as agents of witchcraft n d rest but that does not mean any cat u see is EVIL.they are animals for crying out loud!...just as u av dogs,birds n goats.any other household animals can equally b used as agents of darkness.

its funny to me how some ppl can just b frightened at d sight of it,b it far or close to dem.I tell u cats are vry lovely pets!

The other day at d office, u need to see how our new accountant (lady) shouted wen we told her cats used run around on d ceiling n how we resumed office one morning to see a little puss trapped in btw d burglary proof n d glass of her window in her office. she was like 'cat! cat! I don't want to see any cat here o'.We were just starring at her.lol. The real witch may not b d cats...

We should first knw dey are equally God's creature before they were being used as agents.
so STOP the DISCRIMINATION!!! lolzzz.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Kimoni: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
2CatWoman:
Horses for courses dear, my dad loved cats and so do I. I love them soo much I named myself after them wink

Awwwww

Such depth of love...you must feel miserable with Nigerians and our hatred for cats angry sad

I don't like them too though but I recognize its more about me than them. angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by winnieberry(f): 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2015
I love cats ,really like to have them as a pet but not here in naija.I think d reason nigerians hate cats is because of their quiet,odd wierd nation.you can't really understand them and d way they walk,u can't tell wen they are coming toward u.that d fear and also cos of our overated belief
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Rukkydelta(f): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
gidjah:
Think so maa'm?,IF Cats,......... THEN Dogs
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nothing fascinates me about pets. I don't like them.

There is just something about them that makes me feel all animals belong in the bush. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by killercute16(m): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2015
To Nigerians all cats na winch....lmao
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by killercute16(m): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
2CatWoman:

Errm....thats kinda wierd you know.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2CatWoman: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
Kimoni:

Awwwww

Such depth of love...you must feel miserable with Nigerians and our hatred for cats angry sad

I don't like them too though but I recognize its more about me than them. angry

I don't understand it after all no one died from being bitten or mauled by a pet cat

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2CatWoman: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
killercute16:
Errm....thats kinda wierd you know.

You are right cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Kimoni: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
2CatWoman:

I don't understand it after all no one died from being bitten or mauled by a pet cat

Lol... it's the superstitions most of us grew up with and then, something about their eyes and creepy nature

But truly, it's largely unfounded angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Onegai(f): 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
I adopted two stray kittens I found abandoned. I like cats, they are aloof and independent. I like animals in general. And I've met too many human "winshes" (people with bad behaviour) to be worried about any animal. I'm more afraid of humans than cats. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by damiso(f): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
Guilty as charged embarassed tongue but I won't say I hate them just find them unnerving.

their eyes creep me out.also very arrogant creatures den go just dey look you from far grin

I can still manage 1 or 2 at a time but will side eye anyone who keeps more than 2/3 tongue ok 4 cats MAX lipsrsealed and this is not just Nigerians even oyinbos call people who have loads of cats 'strange'.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2015
Cats are good for eforiro wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by thelish(f): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2015
I hate all animals. Don't seem to like anyone, don't know if its phobia. especially reptiles
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2015
thelish:
I hate all animals. Don't seem to like anyone, don't know if its phobia. especially reptiles

And i thought i was weird.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by thelish(f): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Phema:

And i thought i was weird.
lol. Thank God am not alone. I still feel my hatred for them is worst than any.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by freecocoa(f): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Please tell us how you arrived at this conclusion.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by freecocoa(f): 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
damiso:
Guilty as charged embarassed tongue but I won't say I hate them just find them unnerving.

their eyes creep me out.also very arrogant creatures den go just dey look you from far grin

I can still manage 1 or 2 at a time but will side eye anyone who keeps more than 2/3 tongue ok 4 cats MAX lipsrsealed and this is not just Nigerians even oyinbos call people who have loads of cats 'strange'.
Yea, I agree that there's this eerie air around them but I think it's because of their eyes, mehn! Their eyes give me the chill too, I no go lie, though I take a minute to admire the fluffy cute ones without looking them in the eyes ofcourse.grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by olashas(f): 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Cats are good for eforiro wink
Wtf!! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was I Wrong? / I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / At What Age Should A Lady/woman Stop Wearing Thongs (g-strings)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.