Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? (6599 Views)

What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by damiso(f): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea, I agree that there's this eerie air around them but I think it's because of their eyes, mehn! Their eyes give me the chill too, I no go lie, though I take a minute to admire the fluffy cute ones without looking them in the eyes ofcourse.grin

Those their eyes na die. That's the same way I side eye people who have funny looking contact lenses that make their eyes look 'catty' grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by stepo707: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
cos they creepy.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Rukkydelta(f): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Please tell us how you arrived at this conclusion.

My sis once bought a cat and right from the onset i never loved it after some time the cat started having some kind of funny behaviours I have to advise my sis that we should sold it o
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by freecocoa(f): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rukkydelta:

My sis once bought a cat and right from the onset i never loved it after some time the cat started having some kind of funny behaviours I have to advise my sis that we should sold it o
Lol, sweety that's not proof of anything na, you just don't like them, that doesn't confirm anything.grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by freecocoa(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
damiso:

Those their eyes na die. That's the same way I side eye people who have funny looking contact lenses that make their eyes look 'catty' grin
Funny you.grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2CatWoman: 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Rukkydelta:

I'm interested to know what kind of funny behaviour you are talking about.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Rukkydelta(f): 3:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
2CatWoman:

I'm interested to know what kind of funny behaviour you are talking about.

Madam this your name is so funny
the cat always stares at me with one kind of strange look and everytime she does i always have a bad day secondly sometimes she will just be running round the house l had to look for someone that will buy the witch before it's too late
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by omoharry(f): 4:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
I love cat a lot..I grew up with cats as pet, so when i entered the university i made sure i bought one for my self. They are good company to be with, easy to maintain and equally neat and elegant. Cat as a pet gives me a sense of responsibility that there is a life to be catered for....I play with my cat and cuddle it some times..I like it when my cat climbs up and coil up on me when ever i am lying down or sleeping.. they are very wise , sensitive and emotional animal.they stay away from you when they sense you don't like them and they come up to you when they know you are their friend.I like their toilet manners..just teach them how to use their bowl with sand ....and you see them covering up their mess elegantly whenever they are done...I Like cat.I cried when my cat drowned mistakenly inside my drum of water...I felt sad for weeks.I will bring up my children with cat and maybe dogs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Onegai(f): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2CatWoman: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Cats are good for eforiro wink

shocked

angry angry

grin grin

Madam, e sora o, be careful o, these guys are watching out for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by firestar(f): 6:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Onegai:
grin
Lmao.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Cats are good for eforiro wink
Damn! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by mutter(f): 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
I love cats. They are so faithful and carry themselves with elegance.
The last cat I had saved my baby's life more or less.
I brought my baby home from the hospital but it kept throwing up.
I had a hard time with the cat she insisted on being not only in the room with the baby but was constantly jumping into the baby bed
I kept throwing her out but she was so persistent. Since she didn't do it with the other baby I decided to let the cat have her way . She would lie at the foot of the bed and stay there. One day I was in the kitchen cooking. The cat ran in frantic. Meaww!!! And out. Came in and out I just had to follow her. She ran to the baby bed and the baby had thrown up and was choking on it. She watched over my baby like her own., always called me once the baby was awake or started throwing up.
My cat was a house cat though. Wouldn't like a cat that left the house near my baby.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Onegai(f): 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
mutter:
I had a hard time with the cat she insisted on being not only in the room with the baby but was constantly jumping into the baby bed
I kept throwing her out but she was so persistent. Since she didn't do it with the other baby I decided to let the cat have her way . She would lie at the foot of the bed and stay there. One day I was in the kitchen cooking. The cat ran in frantic. Meaww!!! And out. Came in and out I just had to follow her. She ran to the baby bed and the baby had thrown up and was choking on it. She watched over my baby like her own., always called me once the baby was awake or started throwing up.
My cat was a house cat though. Wouldn't like a cat that left the house near my baby.

Now that's a great story! Same thing happened to a friend's dad and their dog: she alerted them their dad was in danger.

People don't realise the difference between house pets and other types: most of the pets I see in Nigeria are not house pets, they've not been trained properly. A proper house pet is an asset.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by juman(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2015
Having cat is nice.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Onegai(f): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
lol so me

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
grin

these cats are just black for nothing grin

by the time it gets to the butchers table and they dismember its parts and then I soak it inside hot water and peel off its fur. Lobatan cheesy

na to spice up and boil it before it finally gets to the promised land -efo riro wink

trust me it's the most sumptuous meal you've ever eaten in your life cheesy

and as for those eyes, they're nothing. It'll be plucked and dragged out of its socket when dismembering it cheesy
2CatWoman:

shocked

angry angry

grin grin

Madam, e sora o, be careful o, these guys are watching out for you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
Damn! undecided
awon ologbo dudu from 2catwoman looks inviting cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
You mean cats shocked shocked

musu yen ma nice o cheesy
mutter:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
awon ologbo dudu from 2catwoman looks inviting cheesy
Yeah right! I bet you can't butcher them yourself even if they've incapacitated.wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
Yeah right! I bet you can't butcher them yourself even if they've incapitated.wink
cats are one of the easiest creatures to kill.

All it takes is to grab the thing. Tie its two hands and legs, put inside sac and tie it very well. Roll it over your head several times and slam its head on the floor like 3 times till its dead. Lobatan.

Kilolembe cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
mutter:
If this an attempt to garner more sympathy for cats then it's working. Nice story.♦

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:

All it takes is to grab the thing. Tie its two hands and legs, put inside sac and tie it very well. Roll it over your head several times and slam its head on the floor like 3 times till its dead. Lobatan.

Kilolembe cool
Nice horror script.cheesy

How about this: I've people say snakes are scared of those who eat snakes. Same thing with those who eat dogs. Same case with those who eat cats?♦
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by freecocoa(f): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Kilolembe cool
You need jesus and therapy, damn!grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by 2CatWoman: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Kilolembe cool

eleyi gidi gannnni o.

I'm sending in the A-Team to deal with you

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
Nice horror script.cheesy

How about this: I've people say snakes are scared of those who eat snakes. Same thing with those who eat dogs. Same case with those who eat cats?♦
grin

this is not horror script its for real. As for cats I don't like them however I notice they're always running away from me and it's at night I see stray cats . Unfortunately whenever I see them they take off. My intention of catching cats are always to have them for lunch but they have a way of escaping no matter how you set trap for them but as for dogs I'm always endeared to them smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:
You need jesus and therapy, damn!grin
I have chisos already bet which one be therapy again? Therapy for what? For eating cats? smiley

you're talking like this because you have not tried cat laps. It's tastier than chicken wings smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2015
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

dash me one of your cats na grin cheesy grin
2CatWoman:

eleyi gidi gannnni o.

I'm sending in the A-Team to deal with you
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin

these cats are just black for nothing grin

by the time it gets to the butchers table and they dismember its parts and then I soak it inside hot water and peel off its fur. Lobatan cheesy

na to spice up and boil it before it finally gets to the promised land -efo riro wink

trust me it's the most sumptuous meal you've ever eaten in your life cheesy
nd as for those eyes, they're nothing. It'll be plucked and dragged out of its socket when dismembering it cheesy

I fear you: o

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin

this is not horror script its for real. As for cats I don't like them however I notice they're always running away from me and it's at night I see stray cats . Unfortunately whenever I see them they take off. My intention of catching cats are always to have them for lunch but they have a way of escaping no matter how you set trap for them but as for dogs I'm always endeared to them smiley
That confirms it then. I've heard countless recounts of such. I suppose there are some paranormal occurences which can't be explained scientifically.

On a lighter note, maybe if we start having MOSQUITO snacks they'd avoid us for good.
Aha! The end of malaria.cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
I am going to have a cat(s). Their eyes are the most interesting feature that have got. You also have to doff your hat to their independent and arrogant nature.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? by SAMBARRY: 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
TheSonOfMark:
That confirms it then. I've heard countless recounts of such. I suppose there are some paranormal occurences which can't be explained scientifically.

On a lighter note, maybe if we start having MOSQUITO snacks they'd avoid us for good.
Aha! The end of malaria.cheesy
lol where's the meat inside moskito grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Love My Wife. I Caught My Bestfriend bedding Her, Should I Divorce Her. / At What Age Should A Lady/woman Stop Wearing Thongs (g-strings)? / Real Photos Of My Sister Killed Today At Onitsha Biafra Protest - "Vivian Gist"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.