Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4365756 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:37am On Oct 17, 2016
gabbytabby:
No part of Sangotedo is in ibeju lekki. It's miles from it. Survey has nothing to do with the area. Its statewide.

Yes it has a lot of things to do with Area. When was the last time you did one? By the end of Monarchy Road in Sangotedo by the left just about less than a quarter of a mile, all those area are under Ibeju Lekki. Many people thought it was in Eti Osa, until you do your survey then you find out it is actually in Ibeju Lekki. The exact location I am trying to describe is by the end of Okun-Mopo in Ibeju. Very close to Eti-Osa. Again in regards to your argument that survey has nothing to do with area, it does have a lot to do with area. Here is my prove to survey fees, or else it was changed last month I believe this is the most up to date information. Even in Ogun state it does not matter any village as of two months ago it will still costing an average of 180,000 from genuine registered surveyor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:39am On Oct 17, 2016
bixton:
. I quoted you when you said " Screeding is used to correct ERRORS on cement plastering".
Alright sir. Maybe I would want to say imperfections as there would always be some contours easily highlighted by any reflective coating.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello Madam

So you think that Banana Island survey will be thesame as say Epe ? If we were to follow state wide theory.

When i wanted to price mine over a year ago, the guy made it clear to me that there is a minimum fee he has to pay to his association or something like that.
Having done surveys in Ajayi Apata also, even though I know the surveyor the man still collects his 300K (non-negotiable).

In the end, I prefer to use a registered surveyor that can give me the right documents and make sure its dropped at Alausa as well, he showed me proof of lodging at alausa including a receipt of payment etc, in the end I got my Governors consent so i know its legit and not a anyhow survey.

What can sometimes happen with quack surveyors is that they will collect a low amount, then when you want to perfect your title, you will start encountering problems. Mind, I know what i am talking about here.

gabbytabby:
Oga mavverick its usually between 120-150 unless its more than a plot then it might go up to 200k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is what i am talking about.
Okun Mopo is definitely Ibeju, Kopell any idea what the place is like now. I last visited 6 yrs ago. Sandy and very deep inside that you may not even know what is going on elsewhere in Lagos.

I went to view a beachfront land then, but found the sellers a bit dodgy (title is still under processing after they said it had good title). I just enter car zoom away grin grin.

kopell:
Yes it has a lot of things to do with Area. When was the last time you did one? By the end of Monarchy Road in Sangotedo by the left just about less than a quarter of a mile, all those area are under Ibeju Lekki. Many people thought it was in Eti Osa, until you do your survey then you find out it is actually in Ibeju Lekki. The exact location I am trying to describe is by the end of Okun-Mopo in Ibeju. Very close to Eti-Osa. Again in regards to your argument that survey has nothing to do with area, it does have a lot to do with area. Here is my prove to survey fees, or else it was changed last month I believe this is the most up to date information. Even in Ogun state it does not matter any village as of two months ago it will still costing an average of 180,000 from genuine registered surveyor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2016
mavverick:
This is what i am talking about.
Okun Mopo is definitely Ibeju, Kopell any idea what the place is like now. I last visited 6 yrs ago. Sandy and very deep inside that you may not even know what is going on elsewhere in Lagos.

I went to view a beachfront land then, but found the sellers a bit dodgy (title is still under processing after they said it had good title). I just enter car zoom away grin D
[quote author=mavverick post=50279225]This is what i am talking about.

I went to view a beachfront land then, but found the sellers a bit dodgy (title is still under processing after they said it had good title). I just enter car zoom away grin grin.

Bros both you and the seller are right, my first visit there to streak a deal was 2008 after my due diligent we find out the massive land in question is under acquisition for costal road and other government projects. Just like you did I zoom off too, to my surprise the indigenes fought government and get most of the land back. In searching for deal January this year, I was taking to same location. On getting there the Bale recognize me, I tried to denying. He ask my name opened his file, my name is right there. To cut long story short almost every land in that area as being sold. In the process of his guys take me around to show me lands the take short cut to monarchy road in deep wetland bush then, that was how I new there is a road liking to Monarchy Rd from that end. To your question in regards to what it's looks like, as of January this year most of the bush as being clear for many mini estate. Villa estate is one of them that cut my attention. There is till know motor able road that liking to the other side, l was told the road work will start soon. A lot is happening in that end though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaylomsEng: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2016
danowena:

What kind of coat is this? Can this coat be used in a septic tank to prevent water sippage?

Yes it can. Since the coats are water resistant and in layers,it works perfectly for preventing seepages
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Do we have Mold prevention paints in Nigeria? if yes please name them. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mould occurs on persistently damp wall.
Get rid of the damp and there won't be mould or any growth.
There are anti algae and fungi additives for paints though. But those too won't be effective for long in a damp condition.
Use undercoat and matte or any paint with high polymer content.
Be sure to identify the source of the damp first for any longlasting effective treatment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2016
In my experience with commercial properties, its due to lifestyle behaviors. For example most people dont like opening bathroom windows to let moisture out, when moisture hits a cold surface it can cause condensation which can then lead to damp issues. It happens everywhere even in developed countries. Other times its due to lack of care on the path of the occupants.

In cases like this, what can one do ?

gbadexy:
Mould occurs on persistently damp wall.
Get rid of the damp and there won't be mould or any growth.
There are anti algae and fungi additives for paints though. But those too won't be effective for long in a damp condition.
Use undercoat and matte or any paint with high polymer content.
Be sure to identify the source of the damp first for any longlasting effective treatment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:39am On Oct 19, 2016
mavverick:
In my experience with commercial properties, its due to lifestyle behaviors. For example most people dont like opening bathroom windows to let moisture out, when moisture hits a cold surface it can cause condensation which can then lead to damp issues. It happens everywhere even in developed countries. Other times its due to lack of care on the path of the occupants.

In cases like this, what can one do ?

Nothing. At least with my limited knowledge, nothing can be done.
The best precaution is to leave the windows open.
Condensation occurs on even metal and glass surfaces but dry off with ventilation.
It would be hard for mould to grow on satin and gloss paint though. It needs a somewhat loose or rough coat like weak emulsion coat for foothold.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Benoxvals(m): 5:56am On Oct 20, 2016
House pls which other pvc brand is of good quality besides paragon(which is 23k now x5).
The list I got goes like••

Paragon(Amoula)(x5)23k.
Innoson.(x10)18k.
G.P.(x10)12k.
Imperial.(x10)13k.
Golden ever(x15)10k.

They are all Nigerian pvc.
Have anybody used the last 3 brands?whats the lasting ability?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
Guy! Has any one hear craziest money spent on kitchen cabinet or spent baddest money on kitchen cabinet before!

Guess d amount this funky kitchen cabinet gulp.

------
Without exaggeration. 18million naira only! grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fitted inbuilt freezer

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
Imported cabinet doors

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
Fitted wine storage

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Powerful basins

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2016
segcymoor:
Guy! Has any one hear craziest money spent on kitchen cabinet or spent baddest money on kitchen cabinet before!

------
know disrespect 18m in my opinion noting special in it. I say if you have the money, spend it. As far is not DANSUKI GATE.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
The bullet proof sliding door that led to the kitchen

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
Wooden bullet proof door

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Swimming pool by d back side

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2016
Special water heater

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
segcymoor:

------

Not even worth 2 million naira. I'm prepared to spend 3M on a kitchen that is going to look better than this. "18 million" on this kitchen is not worth it.

The kitchen cabinet below is only going to cost 950k. It is coming from UK. Just the cabinets alone. Other stuff for this kitchen coming from the U.S. By the time I add cost of microwave, hood, stainless steel gas cooker and oven, dishwasher and refrigerator, the total cost wont be more than 3M+.

Quote attached

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
FastShipping:

Not even worth 2 million naira. I'm prepared to spend 3M on a kitchen that is going to look better than this. "18 million" on this kitchen is not worth it.

The kitchen cabinet below is only going to cost 950k. It is coming from UK. Just the cabinets alone. Other stuff for this kitchen coming from the U.S. By the time I add cost of microwave, hood, stainless steel gas cooker and oven, dishwasher and refrigerator, the total cost wont be more than 3M+.

Quote attached
Cool. .. On a more serious note. This particular project is beside one of our project .and. Met the furniture guy working on.d wardrobe. So I enquiry about their price. because they were doing super quality work......na so they tell me o. But since I never do powerful cabinet. Like this before that's why I asked. ooo

------
Perhaps that could be contract amount since na big furniture company they do am
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
segcymoor:

Cool. .. On a more serious note. This particular project is beside one of our project .and. Met the furniture guy working on.d wardrobe. So I enquiry about their price. because they were doing super quality work......na so they tell me o. But since I never do powerful cabinet. Like this before that's why I asked. ooo

------
Perhaps that could be contract amount since na big furniture company they do am

They didn't tell you the truth.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2016
segcymoor:
------

Did you say 18million Naira? Not even if I get my share from Dasuki. I was looking to see Gold cabinets and wares.
Na wah! The way our rich people dey spend money nowadays o. Anyway congrats to the Oga Client o.

Anyway, nah ONLY US$40,000 at the rate of N450 per Dollar.

Hajji M.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:35am On Oct 21, 2016
mufutau55:

Did you say 18million Naira? Not even if I get my share from Dasuki. I was looking to see Gold cabinets and wares.
Na wah! The way our rich people dey spend money nowadays o. Anyway congrats to the Oga Client o.

Anyway, nah ONLY US$40,000 at the rate of N450 per Dollar.

Hajji M.
That is Naija for you, that is how the try to oppress others. Imagine just kitchen cabinet way no fit cook by him self for $40,000 haba guys.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 5:09am On Oct 21, 2016
kopell:
That is Naija for you, that is how the try to oppress others. Imagine just kitchen cabinet way no fit cook by him self for $40,000 haba guys.

The truth is most of these imported cabinets are not made of proper wood, yes they look very nice but once a door comes off that is it. Why can't our local carpenters make stuff like this? At least you know it is proper wood.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KingRex1(m): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2016
segcymoor:

------
Whoa.. Fancy. Is this that lekki terrace building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:14am On Oct 21, 2016
And I have been crying that they collected N350k from my hand for this cabinet cheesy

These pictures were taken at the construction stage of the cabinet and not a finished work, I am searching for the completed pictures.

(Edited)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2016
@segcymore, i bet u meant 1.8m naira, 18million naira ke. anyway like you said, probablly the worker that told you was exagerrating.

the kitchen by fastshipping is 5x better than the '18m' kitchen

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marpol: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2016
segcymoor:

------

I feel the guy was duped! 18million and this is what he got? shocked

If you see kitchens at R.A trading in Ketu that goes for a fraction of this, the owner will kill the contractor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2016
Is that 18 million kobos ?
To me I see nothing special in this kitchen, I can get same thing or even better self, I will also get one with real granite, spot lights under the cabinets, Island with gas cooker in the middle and drop designer lights there plus all other sorts of upgrade, and i will barely touch N5m.

I have exact same kitchen door and handles, but not bullet proof grin and I know how much I buy am. Same with the built in larder fridge/freezer stuff, it does not cost a arm and a leg (I dont know about Nigeria o). Also can the maker test that its bullet proof and will he stand in front make soldier nack Ak47 ontop am ?

I dont see anything funky in it at all, in fact its standard kitchen in the western world to me, just that it has a lot more cabinets etc.

segcymoor:

------

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ASAPFERG, folmus and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.