Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4364899 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (3661) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
3strikes:
There is no shame in letting people know that they have issues. your secrets are safe with us. we will all join u in prayers.

Okay. Go ahead and tell us how sick your parents are since you now know their secret can be kept with us confidentially. For how long they've been mentally sick? Just let us know so we know the best village to relocate both of them that won't be far from you attending to them.

Arindin.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2016
erico2k2:

Can I ask you. A question
Y are you here ? ?
Baba, this na online forum, anyone can come here for whatever reason but we need to be guided on what we do that's why there are rules. I mention other monikers not yours alone why you such a bitter person grin grin stop derailing sir grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2016

Am trying to help you here. to let people know why you are so frustrated.

We understand say your car bizness no they move again and now your parent's insanity is taking its toll on you.

FastShipping:

Okay. Go ahead and tell us how sick your parents are since you now know their secret can be kept with us confidentially. For how long they've been mentally sick? Just let us know so we know the best village to relocate both of them that won't be far from you attending to them.

Arindin.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
[s]
3strikes:

Am trying to help you here. to let people know why you are so frustrated.

We understand say your car bizness no they move again and now your parent's insanity is taking its toll on you.

[/s]

Arindin. Stay on message. You can only dream about how I make my own money. Keep guessing.

You haven't told us the kind of mental illness they are suffering from. Go ahead and tell us. We won't let people know. Their mental state is safe with us wink wink

wink wink

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
Are you ready to talk about the stolen credit cards you are running?

[

FastShipping:

Arindin. Stay on message. You can only dream about how I make my own money. Keep guessing.

You haven't told us the kind of mental illness they are suffering from. Go ahead and tell us. We won't let people know. Their mental state is safe with us wink wink

wink wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
[s]
3strikes:
Are you ready to talk about the stolen credit cards you are running?

[/s]

Arindin. grin grin grin

You are more delusional than I thought. Go ahead and tell us how you run your armed robbery business.

I'm ready to listen to how you run your armed robbery business. Make up your dull mind. One cannot be running a car dealership and do credit card business.

Arindin...

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Nairalanders, I told you guys earlier on that this racket is huge and you guys doubted me. you all think this is a joke?

This is the guy that buys home materials with stolen credit card from the U.S, ship to Bosun Brabus and that one pays him.

you need more prove just ask......

I didn't want to open up this can before but i just have to let you guys know.

This thread have alot of Fraudsters........beware!

#NLFRAUDBURSTERS

FastShipping:

Arindin. grin grin grin

You are more delusional than I thought. Go ahead and tell us how you run your armed robbery business.

I'm ready to listen to how you run your armed robbery business. Make up your dull mind. One cannot be running a car dealership and do credit card business.

Arindin...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
[s]
3strikes:

b]Nairalander, I told you guys earlier on that this racket is huge and you guys doubt me. you all think this is a joke?

This is the guy that buy home materials with stolen credit card from the U.S, ship to Bosun Brabus and that one pays him.

you need more prove just ask......

I didn't want to open up this can before but i just have to let you guy know.

This thread have alot of Fraudsters........beware!
[/b]

[/s]

Arindin... grin grin grin

It pains you to the bone that none in your entire family could have afforded what I paid for. I'm an hard worker and make enough damn money to buy whatever I want in life. I have taste for good thing and can afford anything I want in my life.

So go and kill yourself and take your mentally sick parents with you all I care.

That is a noose. Go ahead and kill yourself.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
You call credit card and tax fraud hard work?

FastShipping:
[s][/s]

Arindin... grin grin grin

It pains you to the bone that none in your entire family could have afforded what I paid for. I'm an hard worker and make enough damn money to buy whatever I want in life. I have taste for good thing and can afford anything I want in my life.

So go and kill yourself and take your mentally sick parents with you all I care.

That is a noose. Go ahead and kill yourself.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
[s]
3strikes:

You call credit card and tax fraud hard work?

[/s]

To the best of my knowledge, that is what your father thinks.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ahmedonia4real(m): 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
Some grown-up still needs to grow...........
SMH
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2016
You should be proud of yourself then.

What did you just say about car dealership / credit card fraud again?

People...connect the dots.

FastShipping:

Arindin. grin grin grin

Arindin...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Commonsense101(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
FastShipping:
[s][/s]

To the best of my knowledge, that is what your father thinks.

you get time oo. After hearing the below comment more than a hundred times on this thread and seeing nothing ..I now know for a fact this guy really is deranged. I have since decided they're not worth the spat

3strikes:

you need more prove just ask...

#NLFRAUDBURSTERS

By the way Mr yankee it's "proof" not prove

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
3strikes:
You should be proud of yourself then.

What did you just say about car dealership / credit card fraud again?

People...connect the dots.

SMH at this ant.

You are too predictable, dull, senseless, boring, uneducated, empty and hopeless to handle someone like me.

So GTFO!!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Commonsense101:

you get time oo. After hearing the below comment more than a hundred times on this thread and seeing nothing ..I now know for a fact this guy really is deranged. I have since decided they're not worth the spat

The dolt is too predictable, dull and hopeless. I shouldn't have engaged this ninny in a spat.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
Oops! i just burst your bubbles.....but am not sorry.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

FastShipping:

SMH at this ant.

You are too predictable, dull, senseless, boring, uneducated, empty and hopeless to handle someone like me.

So GTFO!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2016

Go and use that to pay your house rent. or take it to the bank
undecided

Commonsense101:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
ok. I need go find something chop.....going on commercial break ......I will be right back......The rats can come out to play now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
jossy26:

Baba, this na online forum, anyone can come here for whatever reason but we need to be guided on what we do that's why there are rules. I mention other monikers not yours alone why you such a bitter person grin grin stop derailing sir grin cheesy
Me bitter ke, ahah you are new here I take it, The bitter one is the one not getting paid this month grin grin grin grin
PS :
If you want to join in this war of words welcome do not stylishly dish out arrows.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Where is fastshipping? Can we still be neighbors in Abuja or you don vex?

Dont take things too personal. The truth hurts

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
FastShipping:

The emboldened part has been the bone of contention here that makes some people feel they have to camp on this thread and dictate whatever we discuss here. If you don't fight their fight, you are an enemy and you must have worked in hand with Brabus or any fraudster that swindled them.

Pathetic bunch of girly-men wearing trousers when they should be wearing skirts.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
I have said here some group of persons of interest has the same kind of parole. They are very bitter is No longer business as USUAL. If you want to do a class thing in order to create an opening to defraud people you better look else where.
I will always have my deep respect for spyder880 who has shown here that customer satisfaction is key to getting more jobs and also he does not descriminate and does not feel pompous like alot of people here. We also have some engineers here like abdulwastecx etc that falls in this class.
People with money dont make noise. If you like make your papa be bill gate, naa for your pocket.
Lastly alot of sycophancy are displayed which shows a micro level of what is displayed in Nigeria on a major scale.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 4:58am On Dec 09, 2016
I wouldn't know if this question have lbeen asked before, so pardon me.
I believe it's a general practice to use 6 inch solid block in fencing our homes; is there any risk or harm if I use same 6 inch solid to build a two or three bedroom bungalow house as against using 6 inch hollow. Pls don't chastise me, it's an innocent question.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2016
Truthinlife:
I wouldn't know if this question have lbeen asked before, so pardon me.
I believe it's a general practice to use 6 inch solid block in fencing our homes; is there any risk or harm if I use same 6 inch solid to build a two or three bedroom bungalow house as against using 6 inch hollow. Pls don't chastise me, it's an innocent question.

There is nothing wrong with using 6" solid blocks to build your house. Just make sure the house is designed by an architect so he can balance the load and specify column sizes in consideration to your desired home plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2016
spyder880:

There is nothing wrong with using 6" solid blocks to build your house. Just make sure the house is designed by an architect so he can balance the load and specify column sizes in consideration to your desired home plan.
Thank you sir Spyder;
I'm glad you responded. you, Hajj and other gentlemen here are the reason we identify with nairaland. I will engage an architect wey no go charge me so much for the bungalow.
However, sir will there be a different consideration/design or effects if I use 6 hollow. Honestly the reason I asked is I wanted a situation were the moulder will just continue moulding same type of block until the contractor say "that's enough block". No excuse of "we don't have 6 hollow moulding machine".
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 10:45am On Dec 09, 2016
[b]I would like to believe that most of us here reside in USA/Canada/UK/Europe. While others are either those that come here to do business with us by enlighten us on how/where/what/when on most subjects relating to properties/materials/contractions. Yet, there are others that come here to learn something new through posts of exchanging ideas between the two groups and more importantly they do contributes too because they live in naija and they know the current price of building materials too. By doing this, we all appreciate each other and it’s a win-win thread for all of us.

To my diaspora brothers and sisters, I know how much time and energy it takes to go out there and get the “9 to 5” thing out of 24/7, especially this time of the year when it’s freezing like Antarctica. No doubt the hustle is real, painful and long thus, nobody wants to let their “papers” down the drain. I get that!

What I don’t get though, is why we made this forum our second home, after a long painful day at work, only to come here to misbehaves. Y’all c’mon menh! …don’t be telling me y’all ain’t gotta berra thang to do? We’ve fished out the maggots on here already, moreover, by now we all know who is who? Thirdly, I’m sure we will not hesitate to stop future fraud on here before it even commenced. We really should clap for ourselves and move on! Why? The fraudster amongst us is apprehended and now facing the music. Why can’t we just go back to do what we used enjoy? The same thing that brought all of us here! We represent the civilized amongst us buy yet acting uncivilized! Let’s sheath our swords already and move on! Trust me, I should know. I’ve lost a lot by conducting a business with someone I met here. But to God be the Glory, moving on have pushed me to higher level in life.

Let’s stop this behavior already. We are men. If I want to read about boys dissing one another, I will go to the front page. Most of us here are grown-ups, more importantly; the leaners come here to learn. Let’s keep it that way.

To my engineers/builders here, you need to do more by quickly identify the bad eggs here before a business is transacted. If things continue to go like this trust me, it will affect your family directly or indirectly because even though we hustle abroad, yours begins here. You don’t sh!t in where you eat! Now please, don’t get me wrong, we know the good ones among you, but you need to do more to protect your business here. Please protect our investments too. We thank you for your enlightenments on building talks.

To others, we are sorry! We will stop these bad behaviors ASAP and get back to why we are here again.
Let’s move on![/b]

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2016
@QC1
Thank you and very well said.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 1:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Truthinlife:

Thank you sir Spyder;
I'm glad you responded. you, Hajj and other gentlemen here are the reason we identify with nairaland. I will engage an architect wey no go charge me so much for the bungalow.
However, sir will there be a different consideration/design or effects if I use 6 hollow. Honestly the reason I asked is I wanted a situation were the moulder will just continue moulding same type of block until the contractor say "that's enough block". No excuse of "we don't have 6 hollow moulding machine".

[b]Aside the issue of "weight" raised by Spyder, you should also be aware that when it comes to Plumbing and Conduit elelctirc wiring, 6" Blocks with holes gives you more flexibility as it can be "easily and delicately" chiselled/troughing (despite its small width) and the pipes placed inside.
Same cannot be said of solid 6" blocks and the process of trying to create the same troughs in such blocks to lay pipes, will incur a lot of vibration which will eventually affect the stability of your walls.

That is one if the reason they are used for fences, because it does not need much, if any piping at all, ...so less troughing.
(Plumbers and Electricians in the house can buttress my point)

In terms of stability, the solid 6" Block does not provide any extra stability for your building, rather it adds weight!
The reason l say this is that such stability is achieved only when the 'depth' of the Block is a certain proportion of the Length and breath and if you notice, the 6" Hollow blocks tend to be fatter (depth) than the solid flat blocks.

Also, when you consider the way we lay blocks here, you will notice that the hollow 6" Block becomes more stable as the Mixed cement/Mortar enters into the cavities (holes within the block), providing added grip as a result of more friction, than when it is just on a flat surface of a 6" solid block.

Let me conclude by issuing a caveat: The above scenario changes when you use a 9" solid block as this provides the needed depth to achieve the same stability or even more, compared to a 9" hollow block.

My opinion is that you save yourself some stress and money, mould 6" hollow blocks and they are as good as any, as long as the sand used is not in excess (32 blocks to a bag, maximum). You will be saving on mortar mix during block work, if you are using 6" hollow Blocks. [/b]

My 5cents.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Qc1:
[b]I would like to believe that most of us here reside in USA/Canada/UK/Europe. While others are either those that come here to do business with us by enlighten us on how/where/what/when on most subjects relating to properties/materials/contractions. Yet, there are others that come here to learn something new through posts of exchanging ideas between the two groups and more importantly they do contributes too because they live in naija and they know the current price of building materials too. By doing this, we all appreciate each other and it’s a win-win thread for all of us.

To my diaspora brothers and sisters, I know how much time and energy it takes to go out there and get the “9 to 5” thing out of 24/7, especially this time of the year when it’s freezing like Antarctica. No doubt the hustle is real, painful and long thus, nobody wants to their “papers” down the drain. I get that!

What I don’t get though, is why we made this forum our second home, after a long painful day at work, only to come here to misbehaves. Y’all c’mon menh! …don’t be telling me y’all ain’t gotta berra thang to do? We’ve fished out the maggots on here already, moreover, by now we all know who is who? Thirdly, I’m sure we will not hesitate to stop future fraud on here before it even commenced. We really should clap for ourselves and move on! Why? The fraudster amongst us is apprehended and now facing the music. Why can’t we just go back to do what we used enjoy? The same thing that brought all of us here! We represent the civilized amongst us buy yet acting uncivilized! Let’s sheath our swords already and move on! Trust me, I should know. I’ve lost a lot by conducting a business with someone I met here. But to God be the Glory, moving on have pushed me to higher level in life.

Let’s stop this behavior already. We are men. If I want to read about boys dissing one another, I will go to the front page. Most of us here are grown-ups, more importantly; the leaners come here to learn. Let’s keep it that way.
To my engineers/builders here, you need to do more by quickly identify the bad eggs here before a business is transacted. If things continue to go like this trust me, it will affect your family directly or indirectly because even though we hustle abroad, yours begins here. You don’t sh!t in where you eat! Now please, don’t get me wrong, we know the good ones among you, but you need to do more to protect your business here. Please protect our investments too. We thank you for your enlightenments on building talks.
To others, we are sorry! We will stop these bad behaviors ASAP and get back to why we are here again.
Let’s move on![/b]
Well spelt out...

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
lastpage:

[b]Aside the issue of "weight" raised by Spyder, you should also be aware that when it comes to Plumbing and Conduit elelctirc wiring, 6" Blocks with holes gives you more flexibility as it can be "easily and delicately" chiselled/troughing (despite its small width) and the pipes placed inside.
Same cannot be said of solid 6" blocks and the process of trying to create the same troughs in such blocks to lay pipes, will incur a lot of vibration which will eventually affect the stability of your walls.

That is one if the reason they are used for fences, because it does not need much, if any piping at all, ...so less troughing.
(Plumbers and Electricians in the house can buttress my point)

In terms of stability, the solid 6" Block does not provide any extra stability for your building, rather it adds weight!
The reason l say this is that such stability is achieved only when the 'depth' of the Block is a certain proportion of the Length and breath and if you notice, the 6" Hollow blocks tend to be fatter (depth) than the solid flat blocks.

Also, when you consider the way we lay blocks here, you will notice that the hollow 6" Block becomes more stable as the Mixed cement/Mortar enters into the cavities (holes within the block), providing added grip as a result of more friction, than when it is just on a flat surface of a 6" solid block.

Let me conclude by issuing a caveat: The above scenario changes when you use a 9" solid block as this provides the needed depth to achieve the same stability or even more, compared to a 9" hollow block.

My opinion is that you save yourself some stress and money, mould 6" hollow blocks and they are as good as any, as long as the sand used is not in excess (32 blocks to a bag, maximum). You will be saving on mortar mix during block work, if you are using 6" hollow Blocks. [/b]

My 5cents.

Lastpage!
Great post, well explained!
Seems we are having our lost LP back, this how we Use to have it back in the days.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 2:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Thank you so much QC1, you covered every aspect God bless you. I really do hope they listen sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) ... (3661) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fashrola(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.