Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,151 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4351745 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (3656) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I have a dedicated 2X4 feet space (external for batteries) and a 5X5 feet space (internal for electronics like inverters) in my gateman accessory building that is dedicated to power.
Very nice sir.
Don't forget to trunk, I assume you will be doing underground wiring. Include extra trunking pipes. You may need to redesign so no need of breaking your interlocks etc.
I also recommend a solar car port since u have enough space in front.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
Thanks Nairalanders for the Recommendation... Base on my Roofing Sheet...

Call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359 for Your Roofing sheet!!

For more enquires see here >> Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 25, 2017
abunafiu:

Very nice sir.
Don't forget to trunk, I assume you will be doing underground wiring. Include extra trunking pipes. You may need to redesign so no need of breaking your interlocks etc.

I'm most likely going to be doing external conduits instead but we'll see.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:04am On Feb 25, 2017
erico2k2:

are we talking when the kobo kobo reciept show wink wink

Abi o. At least you won't get fake materials with that $30m apartment purchase in Dubai. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:16am On Feb 25, 2017
abunafiu:

Very nice sir.

I have a gated Generator Room built. Can that also be used to harbor the batteries and all other gadget or not recommended? Thx.

Hajji M.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:17am On Feb 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I have a dedicated 2X4 feet space (external for batteries) and a 5X5 feet space (internal for electronics like inverters) in my gateman accessory building that is dedicated to power.
I'm jelous . I see I have been shortchanged with acient wisdom . I have to re design and ammend

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:18am On Feb 25, 2017
mufutau55:

I have a gated Generator Room built. Can that also be used to harbor tge batteries and all other gadget or not recommended? Thx.

Hajji M.
Consider heat baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:20am On Feb 25, 2017
mufutau55:

Abi o. At least you won't get fake materials with that $30m apartment purchase in Dubai. smiley

Hajji M.
Ahaha did you get that Intel from a wistle blower egbon? ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2017
erico2k2:

I'm jelous . I see I have been shortchanged with acient wisdom . I have to re design and ammend

Ancient?

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:05am On Feb 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Ancient?

grin
Aha baba nor mind dis my fone , sometimes the thing dey fall my hand grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2017
erico2k2:

Consider heat baba

It is an open gated detached house and built with perforated blocks. So there is plenty air circulating. Will post pic when I have the time.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 3:14pm On Feb 25, 2017
my own Power House with an opening on the Top to do all my power PHCN/Solar Battery/Generator xchange and with Armored cable run through the ground no wires outside

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 3:25pm On Feb 25, 2017
Look b4 iron door

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
desiji:
my own Power House with an opening on the Top to do all my power PHCN/Solar Battery/Generator xchange and with Armored cable run through the ground no wires outside

I like dual use buildings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I like dual use buildings.
Thank you sir took a lot of planing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
desiji:
Look b4 iron door
Please what is the height of this your water tank house, how good is the flow of your water pressure?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 25, 2017
DEBOLABI:
Please house,

i have a room & parlour self-contain building to deck (decking).

size of the building is 13ft width and 24ft long

please will 200 bucket (bucket attached below) of granite be enough for the decking excluding the building Step??

It'll be hard, at least for me, to do this quantifying because it is hard to calculate how many tons 200 bucket load equates to.

If it were my project, I would simply order 10 tons or better yet 20 tons which is N72,000, you can always use the overage on other parts of the project.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2017
This needs to be repeated for the bolded part.

mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
desiji:
Look b4 iron door
Water and electricity don't mix well.

There are strict regulations for safely locating mere wall sockets in bathrooms. let alone having all that water directly above all that power. you should give it careful consideration

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shams040(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2017
The following are the requirements to get your building plan approval in Lagos state.

1. Proof of land ownership/title document (CTC);
2. Copy of sun printed survey plan (Beacon sheet, in case of of scheme)
3. 4sets of architectural drawings
4. 4Set of structural drawings with calculation sheet
5. 4Set of mechanical and electronic drawings (for commercial, office, residential above 4 floors)
6. Current income tax clearance certificate
7. Current tax clearance certificate of 2 Directors and payee(corporate application)
8. Certificate of incorporation (corporate application)
9. Current special developement levey receipt
10. 3Different photographs of site with current date
11. Other requirements and clearance letter as required
Note all drawings should be in A3.

For more info visit www.egcandassociates.org.ng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2017
Just the thing that you rich duplex owners needs grin

http://www.sheriffdeputiesltd.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:15am On Feb 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Just the thing that you rich duplex owners needs grin
http://www.sheriffdeputiesltd.com

Very nice indeed. Nah money e go chop o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 10:54am On Feb 26, 2017
1) use automatic water level controller to cut off the power supply to the pump before it's full. With that you won't have to worry much about electricity and water.
2) use appropriate IP rated appliances. After all transformer is always exposed to the element with no effects.

There are many solar projects around totally expose to element!

allCopacetic:

There are strict regulations for safely locating mere wall sockets in bathrooms. let alone having all that water directly above all that power. you should give it careful consideration
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
mank1234:
1) use automatic water level controller to cut off the power supply to the pump before it's full. With that you won't have to worry much about electricity and water.
2) use appropriate IP rated appliances. After all transformer is always exposed to the element with no effects.

Thank you that and more still went a step futher had a run off built on the other side if by chance water would be full and the cut out dosen't work, had two fail safe method implemented
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
and the opening i am using a covering like a sun roof to saveguard that as well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
kopell:
Please what is the height of this your water tank house, how good is the flow of your water pressure?
had to check will get back to you later
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
allCopacetic:

Thanks for reminding us, I didn't read any comments in regard to this concern from any of our electricians in the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
kopell:
Thanks for reminding us, I didn't read any comments in regard to this concern from any of our electricians in the house.

It's a slippery slope to provide constructive criticism at times on here so I don't blame them.

In regards to water safety in the bathrooms, this is why we have GFCI in all wet areas.

It's possible to keep water away from electricals, after all people work in Kanji dam where there's mind boggling voltage and tons of water within feets of each other.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/GFCI

"A ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI), also called Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) or Residual Current Device (RCD) is a device that shuts off an electric power circuit when it detects that current is flowing along an unintended path, such as through water or a person. It is used to reduce the risk of electric shock, which can cause the heart to stop or cause burns. They can also prevent some fires, like when a live wire touches a metal conduit."

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
mank1234:

(1) do you seriously want to rely on the 100% infallibility of a float switch ?
(2) ingress protection designs serve to protect water ingress into the the device or equipment, not insulation of current out of it
If you have a damp wall and there is a current leak, an ingress protection rating of 1000 will not prevent current from flowing

Transformers are open air, outdoor equipments and are designed as such, are your equipments designed for such applications ?
those who go in to do any kind of job on the transformer would wear adequate protection and supply to the transformer would be cut off
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
mank1234:
1)

What parts of the solar Project exactly ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (3656) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hslbroker2(m), PrimeQuay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.