Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4366687 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
desiji:
@ Fastshipping check this link. This is where i am buying mine
https://greenakku.de/index.php?filter=0&cPath=28_2&INV=32&BVT=29

Thank you sir.

So all I have to do is to buy a combination of inverter, batteries and the rays as they listed in combo and I'm good to go
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Thank you sir.

So all I have to do is to buy a combination of inverter, batteries and the rays as they listed in combo and I'm good to go

You can try this kit to experiment on.

http://m.harborfreight.com/45-watt-solar-panel-kit-10-pc-kit-68751.html

There's a 20 or 25% off coupon too off of $149

This will give you practical experience.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
mufutau55:

Oga mi nah save and spend o. We just dey gather the kobo-kobo o. No loot in my soak-away or anywhere o. smiley

Hajji M.
Baba no worry I never get your formula unto say we nor fit blow wistle under water grin grin grin
We dey develop aquatic wistle grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
Truthinlife:
Can someone please help with contacts of where I can get this ceiling boards in Port Harcourt or anywhere in the east. Someone gave me a company's contact around Benin but they don't have it.
These are nice plz share the info when you get the source thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 5:53pm On Apr 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You can try this kit to experiment on.

http://m.harborfreight.com/45-watt-solar-panel-kit-10-pc-kit-68751.html

There's a 20 or 25% off coupon too off of $149

This will give you practical experience.

Wow! Very good. Thanks sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
erico2k2:

Baba no worry I never get your formula unto say we nor fit blow wistle under water grin grin grin
We dey develop aquatic wistle grin

You too much.... Have to meet you in person someday o. wink

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Wow! Very good. Thanks sir.

You're welcome Sir.

They sell batteries too but you can use that as a start. You would eventually want a better one.

Military surplus store if you have one around.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
mufutau55:

You too much.... Have to meet you in person someday o. wink

Hajji M.
Im loyal sir, ,in not too far distance defo we must meet, by his grace.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
FastShipping:

Thank you sir.

Yes sir and they even come with the discription of how to.so nobody can pull the wools over your eyes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by superbouck(m): 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
my kobo kobo project is going on smoothly
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
superbouck:
my kobo kobo project is going on smoothly

Very good. Welcome to the "Kobo-kobo Club".
In the end the Dasukis with loot go call theirs house and we go also call ours house. In the end, Man-no-pass-Man. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Truthinlife:
Can someone please help with contacts of where I can get this ceiling boards in Port Harcourt or anywhere in the east. Someone gave me a company's contact around Benin but they don't have it.

mufutau55:

Ask Oga @Spyder880. I am sure he will know.
I don alert him above to this post too.

Hajji M.

erico2k2:

These are nice plz share the info when you get the source thanks.

I think the most likely place you can find this is in the Mile 3 building materials market, (along Ikwerre road). I have seen some ceiling boards being sold in some of the inner shops. I usually frequent this market to pick tiles, POP materials and doors.

Find anyone who sells ceiling boards or POP materials and show him this picture on your phone, they can give you exact directions on the shop to look in.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
spyder880:

I think the most likely place you can find this is in the Mile 3 building materials market.
I have seen some ceiling boards being sold in some of the inner shops.
I usually frequent this market to pick tiles, POP materials and doors.

RESPECT. Oga pata-pata in the house. Twale Sir!
OP. there you have your answer o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
mufutau55:

RESPECT. Oga pata-pata in the house. Twale Sir!
OP. there you have your answer o.

Hajji M.

My Boss, May God bless you mightily for your continued guidance to us here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
spyder880:

My Boss, May God bless you mightily for your continued guidance to us here.

Thank you Sir. Following your foot steps. Chukwu gozie gi.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
mufutau55:
@Abunafiu
I have never had the opportunity to thank you for all your wahalas on this our Ilorin project. Thank you.
You have been a God-sent on this project and God will keep on blessing you.
The borehole problems, the water stand problems, and now the fake wire case were both stressful... but we came thru in flying color.

@Allcopacetic
I have never stopped praising you. When I say good thing about supplier/contractors; I surely have my reason.
I and my friends referred to you have bought many electrical products and no-one has ever come back to complain.

As a kobo-kobo man, I have many ongoing projects all around... Please choose your products and suppliers carefully and wisely.

Hajji M.

abunafiu:
I want to specially appreciate Allcopacetic for his support.
Yes I used to believe I have experience in buying wires but mehn my GP drop when I was faced with reality.
This shop is called JEZICO along Taiwo Road, Ilorin.
I went in with full confidence and demanded for Coleman wires. I was convinced I was holding the original wire since Coleman was engraved on the insulation. At first I thought there was no need to inform Allcopacetic since all he said was found on the cable. I sent him pictures and then called him. When I then told him the price (9.5k Pre coil of 2.5mm), he told me he was sure I was buying the fake, I even managed to convince him that it was engraved black bra bla he said its fake. I began to sweat because it was a stressful day already. I then begged him to speak with the seller so I called back. They were both speaking igbo on phone but I am sure the guy was arguing with him and suddenly he later agreed to bring another type for 13.5k per coil. I now had the opportunity to compare both. The fake has thin copper and fat insulator while the original has thick copper and thin insulation.
That night I came back home past 10pm so I end t round my house wiring, I discovered I was sold mixtures of both original and fake.
Anyway thanks so much for the eye opener.

So I want everyone here to always buy from trusted suppliers. Don't act pennywise pound foolish.

Allcopacetic has his name in gold in this.

I also want to commend him for the accuracy in his supplies.
I was privileged to to audit the electrical materials and fitting he spilled. All was intact. The owner then said "I told you he is a man of his words ". He never wanted to audit but I insisted.
With many of you in Nigeria, Nigeria is blessed.
Pls keep it up sir.

I hope to buy my electrical fittings too soon.
I hope you now stock 3w, 5w LED bulbs for those of us who use solar.

spyder880:

Allcopacetic is very honest, I bought some electrical materials from him even without meeting him in person, and he sent them to me, good quality, complete quantity. I hope to buy from him again soon.

kopell:
Hajji you've said it all. These two gentlemen are amazing humans to do business with. Your koko -koko thing springing up all over, I fear you Ooo my oga @ the top

I salute you my ogas.
Much thanks Sirs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
Solar systems is not a one size fits all.
Combo systems may lead to disappointments.
I suggest you visit the solar thread and take time to read.
We have reviewed several brands of inverters,batteries and other stuffs.

The inverter I'm the link posted by desiji is good but might have it's own limitations due to its design.
My type of load and pattern of use will determine my choice of inveter.
Over time, we have observed that customised solar systems do the job better.

Post your questions on the solar thread for answers by other knowledgeable guys there.

Solar is sweet if you are lucky to get the correct combination. Good products and then good installation hands.

Just like I posted about 2 months ago, I live off PHCN and it's been good here.
I have a 5kva 48v inverter unit. A 48v 450ah Trojan made in USA battery bank (16 units of Trojan T105RE bought June 2014) . A classic 150 mppt controller also made in USA. State of the art surge protection devices made in USA too. And a total of 4000 watts solar array that delivers up to 19kwh daily for me. What's else can I ask for.
All I listed above cost above 3m naira.
All my gadgets are world class premium products except my inverter which belongs to the mid range class.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 12:11am On Apr 25, 2017
When my batteries were still new.
I have moved to 2 different apartments with these before finally settled in my own house.
I cherish them a lot.
As at June 2014 I bought each battery for 40k approx. The same battery goes for 80k or more per unit today.
After buying the Batts, I upgraded my inverter to one that can charge the Batts (challenge with inverters).
Then kept adding more panels from 1200w in 2012 to my present 4000w. By His grace I'll hit 5000w by December 2017. With this I can afford to pump more water for neighbors (I currently pump 6000 litres per day).

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 10:03am On Apr 25, 2017
Good morning chiefs, i urgently need this kind of generator, please give me a link.
New and fairly used which one is better?
I also need information about solar generator
Also will 20kva be able to power 8 bedrooms and 2 sitting room with.
5 ACs
2 refrigerator
1 deep freezer
3 Tv
All rooms with fan
Give me a generator dealers phone number if you have any. Thanks
mufutau55
FastShipping

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2017
Very inspiring stuff
Excuse my ignorance, is it true that these batteries degrade over time if not used frequently ?
If one was to import his own stuff, what would you advice the person to buy ?
Lastly, I know you have written about this before, if one has NEPA & Solar, does one need like 2 plug sockets (1 for nepa 1 for solar or same sockets in the house can be used for both Solar & NEPA, similar to when using a gen ?)

Thanks

abunafiu:
When my batteries were still new.
I have moved to 2 different apartments with these before finally settled in my own house.
I cherish them a lot.
As at June 2014 I bought each battery for 40k approx. The same battery goes for 80k or more per unit today.
After buying the Batts, I upgraded my inverter to one that can charge the Batts (challenge with inverters).
Then kept adding more panels from 1200w in 2012 to my present 4000w. By His grace I'll hit 5000w by December 2017. With this I can afford to pump more water for neighbors (I currently pump 6000 litres per day).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by set2build: 10:57am On Apr 25, 2017
view current prices of building materials updated daily.
visit www.set2build.com/market-prices

www.set2build.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 11:50am On Apr 25, 2017
abunafiu has some points but like i have always taken time to study things b4 jumping in i wil state why i am tendering for mine.
Had a long and serious conversation with the company discussed what i eventually want to achieve with d Solar array.
This is where it got interesting we have 12 sun hrs in Naija which makes the array pf 4000w fantastic enough to know you will be pulling your wattage from solar while the rest goes to charge the Batteries, and in the Night the Batteries takes over which is at most about 5 to 6 hrs maximum
which limits the likelyhood of over pulling the Batteries the MPPT i will be using is so construsted that it takes care of voltage surge without dsamaging the Batteries (Very important) my power manager is a all in one which is intelligent enough to know when you pulling to much from the Battery and sends a signal either to ur meter or generator to makeup the shortfall, thereby saving the batteries from too much pull.
and lastly my ultimate goal is the LifePo4 Batteries those ones you can't destroy.

https://greenakku.de/Batterien/Lithium-Eisenphosphat-LiFePo4:::7_56.html
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2017
To add we are talking about 20 to 22Kw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
mavverick:
Very inspiring stuff
Excuse my ignorance, is it true that these batteries degrade over time if not used frequently ?
Lastly, I know you have written about this before, if one has NEPA & Solar, does one need like 2 plug sockets (1 for nepa 1 for solar or same sockets in the house can be used for both Solar & NEPA, similar to when using a gen ?)

Thanks

@ amverick if you have a good Electrician ur Switching Board takes care of that you don't need 2 Sockets
Batteries do Degrade but if used intellingently last your Years
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bossman(m): 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
It's good to see all these informative stuff regarding solar power, generator, etc. All in the name of "close to constant" power supply. I am sitting here imagining what life would be like in Nigeria if there was constant power supply, and we do not have to depend on these alternative means. It's unfortunate that as part of building a house, one has to factor in all this things in order to be able to live comfortably.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Otitokoropupo: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
@House,
I greet o.

Please, does anyone have any idea of prices of steel galvanized pipes and H-beams?

Also, what sizes do they normally come in?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by desiji: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
FastShipping:

Thank you sir.

@fast´shipping there is a finished offgrid section with ranges from 1kw ti 5kw array which can bring up to 20Kw/h Solar light

https://greenakku.de/PV-Komplettpakete/storePV/storePV-Komplettpaket-4050Wp-PM-Offgrid-5k-48V::644.html
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
mufutau55:

Ask Oga @Spyder880. I am sure he will know.
I don alert him above to this post too.

Hajji M.
Thanks a lot Hajj.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello house, does anyone have FG Wilson or Mikano Generator dealers contact? I'll really appreciate, Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 7:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
i saw this toilet design on another thread, i like it.
anybody seen these tiles b4 and or knows the cost?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
mavverick:
Very inspiring stuff

Thanks

Just like chief desiji said earlier, yes batteries do degrade...with or without use.
And as for the sockets, your competent electrician can do all the sorting around your distribution board.
It's very easy to do. You will probably need to buy few meters of wires depending on the location of your inveter /distance between the distribution board and inverter.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
@ desiji sir, the lifepo4 u mentioned is the game changer. It would make lots of sense if you can own few of them. Lead acid batteries are troublesome .
I still want you to review the specs of the inverter In the link.
My fellow installers have different experience with them.
I recommend Magnum inverter sir.

@maverick, most made in USA gel batteries will give you value for money. (Trojan, DEKA etc)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: praise010(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.